May 21, 2024, 10:55:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #164 6/25/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 136161 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: July 10, 2010, 02:22:23 AM »

And she took a gig at U Michigan LAw School.  Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm..........

Andrea D. Lyon
Visiting Clinical Professor
Winter 2011, Winter 2010

Professor Andrea D. Lyon is a Clinical Professor of Law at DePaul University College of Law, and the Associate Dean for Clinical Programs Law and Director of the Center for Justice in Capital Cases. Professor Lyon graduated from Rutgers University, and from the Antioch School of Law She first worked ford the Cook County Public Defenders' Office, working in the felony trial division, post-conviction/habeas corpus unit, preliminary hearing/first municipal (misdemeanor) unit, and the appeals division. Her last position there was as Chief of the Homicide Task Force, a 22-lawyer unit representing persons accused of homicides. She has tried over 130 homicide cases, both while in the Public Defender's office and since. She has defended over thirty potential capital cases at the trial level and has taken nineteen through penalty phase; she has won all nineteen. In 1990 she founded the Illinois Capital Resource Center and served as its director until joining the University of Michigan Law School faculty as an Assistant Clinical Professor in 1995. A winner of the prestigious National Legal Aid and Defender Association's Reginald Heber Smith Award for best advocate for the poor in the country, she is a nationally recognized expert in the field of death penalty defense and a frequent continuing legal education teacher throughout the country. In 1998, she was awarded the “Justice for All” award at the National Conference on Wrongful Convictions and the Death Penalty. In 2003, she received the lifetime achievement award from the Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In 2005 she received the president’s commendation from the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers for her death penalty work.

http://web.law.umich.edu/_FacultyBioPage/facultybiopagenew.asp?ID=391
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: July 10, 2010, 06:14:24 AM »

Thanks NorthernRose!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #782 on: July 10, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »

Appreciate all of the latest links/articles !!!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: July 10, 2010, 09:23:28 AM »

Good Morning Monks....thanks to NR for the articles by/on Lyons.....

hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: July 11, 2010, 06:55:10 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/07/whats-next-in-the-case-against-casey-anthony/
What's Next In The Casey Anthony Case?
07/11/10

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/07/jose-baez-casey-anthony-attorney-plays.html
Jose Baez(Casey Anthony Attorney) Plays Games With The Judge
07/10/10

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #785 on: July 11, 2010, 07:09:41 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/07/whats-next-in-the-case-against-casey-anthony/
What's Next In The Casey Anthony Case?
07/11/10

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/07/jose-baez-casey-anthony-attorney-plays.html
Jose Baez(Casey Anthony Attorney) Plays Games With The Judge
07/10/10

It's going to be a big week!;  It will be interesting to see if/how Judge Perry reacts to the Defense's contrariness.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #786 on: July 11, 2010, 07:10:32 AM »

** oops-wrote within your post Trimm-sorry! **
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: July 11, 2010, 11:23:36 AM »

July 15 can't come soon enough for me, even though I'll be at work.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: July 11, 2010, 01:12:59 PM »

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/catching-up-on-casey-anthony-joran-van-der-sloot-drew-peterson-and-vanessa-coleman/
Catching Up On Casey Anthony, Joran van der Sloot, Drew Peterson and Vanessa Coleman
07/11/2010 donchais

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: July 11, 2010, 01:15:58 PM »

Hey Ono!  Smile

Curly,I can't wait until July 15th either.
I got my little Sidekick here with me on Summer vacation,but I plan to provide him with needed entertainment and snacks! LOL

~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: July 11, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »

Hey Ono!  Smile

I got my little Sidekick here with me on Summer vacation,but I plan to provide him with needed entertainment and snacks! LOL

Ditto on the hello to Ono and Curly.   Me too, can't wait to see which Cindy is in the chair. Medicated Cindy, defiant Cindy, blubbering Cindy, condescending Cindy,  so many to choose from!
I've got my little sidekick with me also. When the avi's and smileys were on he would be entertained while I read but for now it's DVR and cheeze its!

I've been thinking about Cindy and jim Lichenstein, he's by her side at every proceeding. Wondering if whatever show he will produce will be from the "grieving" grandma's perspective??  Disgusting, she sold her soul to the devil the minute she figured out what casey had done.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: July 11, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/07/getting-ready-for-fireworks-hearing.html
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Getting Ready for the Fireworks: Hearing Thursday in the Casey Anthony Murder Trial

~ Peter Frampton
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: July 11, 2010, 07:45:50 PM »

Hey Ono!  Smile

Ditto on the hello to Ono and Curly.   Me too, can't wait to see which Cindy is in the chair. Medicated Cindy, defiant Cindy, blubbering Cindy, condescending Cindy,  so many to choose from!
I've got my little sidekick with me also. When the avi's and smileys were on he would be entertained while I read but for now it's DVR and cheeze its!

I've been thinking about Cindy and jim Lichenstein, he's by her side at every proceeding. Wondering if whatever show he will produce will be from the "grieving" grandma's perspective??  Disgusting, she sold her soul to the devil the minute she figured out what casey had done.

Hi everyone,

Lol @ which Cindy is in the chair. Her name should have been Sybil.
I just brought a new feline Siamese sidekick home and hope she'll get into watching with me!

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: July 11, 2010, 07:48:02 PM »

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/07/will-cindy-anthony-tell-truth-or-break.html
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Will Cindy Anthony Tell The Truth Or Break Down On The Witness Stand?

~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: July 12, 2010, 12:13:57 AM »

Hey Ono!  Smile

Hi everyone,

Lol @ which Cindy is in the chair. Her name should have been Sybil.
I just brought a new feline Siamese sidekick home and hope she'll get into watching with me!
I'll bet your kitty will be happy to watch with you, all snuggled in your lap!  Hopefully she won't get scared if the "Doberman on a lunge line" shows up, with all these months of quiet from Sindy's big yap, she'll probably be on her best behavior. She's got an image to polish for the whole next year so that when she writes her memoirs or screenplay she'll be ready for prime time promos. I'm getting heartburn just thinking about it! i need those emotican monkeys, waaaah. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: July 12, 2010, 06:33:39 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-07-11/news/os-cindy-anthony-911-calls-20100711-29_1_murder-case-cindy-anthony-domestic-violence-cases
State puts weight in Casey Anthony's mother's 911 calls
July 11, 2010|By Anthony Colarossi Orlando Sentinel

Beyond the mounds of evidence collected in the Casey Anthony murder case and the volumes of paperwork filed in court, the series of 911 calls Cindy Anthony made nearly two years ago remain central to the case against her daughter.

After all, the calls represent the very genesis of this case. One captures Cindy Anthony's frantic first moments upon learning of her granddaughter's monthlong disappearance. In it, Cindy Anthony also describes the dead body smell in her daughter's car — something she may have to testify about this week.

But most important, according to legal experts and prosecutorial filings, the calls reveal Casey Anthony's earliest "fabrications" of what happened to 2-year-old Caylee Marie. In other words, the calls could help establish what the prosecution considers Casey Anthony's concocted story.
 That's why prosecutors want two of the three July 15, 2008, calls admitted at trial. It also explains why defense attorneys have argued to keep the calls out, calling them "hearsay." On Thursday, both arguments will be made during a hearing largely devoted to this issue.

Often, 911 calls provide value in criminal cases because they offer a sense of immediacy and instant, emotional response to an offense. In many instances, legal experts say, they portray a truthful account largely because the callers haven't had time to reflect.

"All the emotions are bare. Everything is on the table, and nobody is in the business of creating fiction," said Abe Laeser, a former prosecutor for 36 years with the State Attorney's Office in Miami-Dade County, citing the value of the calls. "The jury really gets a sense of what was going on at the time."

'There's something wrong'

On Thursday, attorneys expect to ask Cindy Anthony about her now-infamous calls to an emergency dispatcher.

"I told you my daughter was missing for a month. I just found her today but I can't find my granddaughter," Cindy Anthony says during her final call. "There's something wrong. I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

Anthony, 24, is charged with murder in the death of her daughter. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, months after she was first reported missing.

The 911 calls might be considered a victim's — or even a suspect's — first statement about what happened. They frequently turn up in domestic-violence cases in which a victim reports abuse, but later expresses reluctance to testify.

~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #796 on: July 12, 2010, 06:51:24 AM »

Thanks Trim - Thursdays hearings should be very interesting.  I expect Cindy has been getting ready for the event and has been practicing her lies, over and over and over ad nauseum.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: July 12, 2010, 08:15:48 AM »

Happy Monday everyone!   Interesting links/articles I'll devour tonght ... appreciate all;   The Jar likes to play mental dodge ball but I'm thinking this time it will be a losing game for him.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: July 12, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »

Good monrning, Monkeys!  Thank you for keeping me in the loop with all the updates and comments.  I am not only anxious for Thursday, but really, really, really ready to see Judge Perry's response to the defense's little game playing from last week.  I want him to put the hammer down on Baez's silliness, (perhaps he could borrow one from Cindy!)  I think it's beyond time to smack some sense into the defense.
(Please, Judge P., don't disappoint me...)

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: July 12, 2010, 08:34:22 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/07/casey-anthony-in-a-movie-the-big-scenes-would-be-cindys.html
Casey Anthony: In a movie, the big scenes would be Cindy’s
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony — posted by halboedeker on July, 12 2010 8:10 AM
Discuss This: Comments(1) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Will there be a movie in the Casey Anthony case?

A savvy producer could use the public record and tell a riveting story. No money would ever need to go to any of the Anthonys.

The challenge would be telling the story, because in a Casey Anthony movie, the central character is a cipher. The mostly mum Casey is charged with first-degree murder in the death of daughter Caylee.

The better way to go would be to focus on Cindy Anthony, Casey’s mom, who has delivered the most dramatic moments in this headline-making case. It’s a role that would appeal to actresses of a certain age. Done the right way, the role could have Emmy written all over it.

Cindy’s moments include the 911 calls and her fiery deposition in the Zenaida Gonzalez defamation suit. Another big scene could unfold at a hearing this week when Cindy is questioned about the 911 calls.

All along the way, Cindy has been the more interesting figure than Casey. We see Cindy swimming with Caylee in home movies. We’ve seen Cindy arguing with protesters outside her home and waving a hammer. We’ve seen Cindy in TV interviews, sticking up for Casey and crying about Caylee. We saw Cindy at the memorial service. Cindy dined at the Ritz. Cindy keeps coming to court.

I wonder what Casey Anthony would make of Cindy becoming the star of “The Casey Anthony Story.”

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.