May 14, 2024, 12:47:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 395183 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: February 25, 2010, 04:29:29 PM »

One thing we can be sure of, if Cindy Anthony is involved there is something underhand going on.

Hi WO...boy you got that right. 

Hmmmmmmm perhaps the move to a rental is the pre curser to a bankruptcy petition???  If they are claiming that the mortgage was so high and their means so limited that it forced them to rent a less expensive home and now, they'll go bankrupt.  There's always a reason they do anything 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #401 on: February 25, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »

Got another email from Bob....Got it.  (sent him the link to the message board and to the facebooks) Thanks Dxxxxx. Will let you know if I get any indication this is true. Bob
Thanks 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: February 25, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »

One thing we can be sure of, if Cindy Anthony is involved there is something underhand going on.

Hmmmmmmm perhaps the move to a rental is the pre curser to a bankruptcy petition???  If they are claiming that the mortgage was so high and their means so limited that it forced them to rent a less expensive home and now, they'll go bankrupt.  There's always a reason they do anything 

mizjay, bankruptcy was my first thought when I heard about this. They could have easily had Lee open an account for them and they could have stashed who knows how much in there...we have no idea what kind of bills they have racked up on charge cards. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: February 25, 2010, 04:40:15 PM »

Got another email from Bob....Got it.  (sent him the link to the message board and to the facebooks) Thanks Dxxxxx. Will let you know if I get any indication this is true. Bob
Thanks 

YRW.....I hope he gets some info and lets us know

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: February 25, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »

mizjay, bankruptcy was my first thought when I heard about this. They could have easily had Lee open an account for them and they could have stashed who knows how much in there...we have no idea what kind of bills they have racked up on charge cards. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I know that in the mess with my daughter and all, that is textbook atty's advice.  Stop paying your note, close bank accts, rent somewhere else (or move in w/family) , the house goes back to bank, seems like filing bankruptcy  next move.....not sure about order of all that, my d didn't go that route but wonder if this is just another very well thought out plan to keep as many  of their slimy dollars that they've cleverly hidden?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: February 25, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-jill-kerley-roy-kronk-20100225,0,3804247.story
1:28 p.m. EST, February 25, 2010
<snipped>
The ex-wife of the Orange County meter reader who found Caylee Marie Anthony's remains was scheduled to be questioned under oath this morning.

Prosecutors handling the first-degree murder case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, were supposed to question Jill Kerley, who lives in Tennessee, at 10:30 a.m., according to a notice filed in Orange County Circuit Court earlier this month.

The state's notice said the deposition time was reserved for three hours. Kerley was to report to an attorney's office in Knoxville.

It's unclear if the deposition occurred and concluded. A call to Kerley's attorney was not immediately returned, and a State Attorney's Office spokeswoman could not provide details since depositions are not public.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: February 25, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-jill-kerley-roy-kronk-20100225,0,3804247.story
1:28 p.m. EST, February 25, 2010
<snipped>
The ex-wife of the Orange County meter reader who found Caylee Marie Anthony's remains was scheduled to be questioned under oath this morning.

Prosecutors handling the first-degree murder case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, were supposed to question Jill Kerley, who lives in Tennessee, at 10:30 a.m., according to a notice filed in Orange County Circuit Court earlier this month.

The state's notice said the deposition time was reserved for three hours. Kerley was to report to an attorney's office in Knoxville.

It's unclear if the deposition occurred and concluded. A call to Kerley's attorney was not immediately returned, and a State Attorney's Office spokeswoman could not provide details since depositions are not public.

thanks trim....

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: February 25, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22673799/detail.html
Kronk's Ex-Wife Questioned By Prosecutors
Posted: 4:42 pm EST February 25, 2010Updated: 5:36 pm EST February 25, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The ex-wife of the former Orange County meter reader who found Caylee's remains was questioned Thursday by prosecutors. Jill Kerley's deposition was taken via Skype from her attorney's office in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Casey's defense team has said Kerley's testimony will prove her ex-husband, Roy Kronk, should be a suspect in Caylee's murder. She claims Kronk bound her with duct tape while they were married.

Caylee's remains were found with duct tape over the mouth.

A judge will view Kerley's testimony and decide whether it's relevant to the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: February 25, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »

I can't imagine it would make much financial sense to rent a place of comparable size in the same area- wouldn't they be paying a lot more as renters than their $785 mortgage?... if they have moved there has to be another explanation- something shady probably...
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #409 on: February 25, 2010, 06:15:45 PM »

Hi Trim and all!   Anybody have any thoughts on how the homeowners insurance would cover slander?  I really don't think they would.

Hi Dih!  I have no idea.....I checked our policy and slander is not mentioned...not even close!

I found this under a Traveler's Ins. site........Umbrella Coverage 101
Personal Injury: This all-inclusive definition covers many predicaments. Personal injury can take many forms, including: bodily injury, shock, emotional distress, mental anguish, sickness or disease, or death arising from any of the above. Personal injury also means false arrest, detention or imprisonment, malicious prosecution, wrongful entry or eviction, humiliation, libel or slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy.
http://www.travelersnj.com/buy_insurance/umbrella_101.asp

I don't know.

I am going to change to Travelers Ins......just in case JB comes after me! He has threatened to come after people who talk bad about the A's and goodness know I talk truth which may be bad cause they are..... LOL m And I am going to go recheck our policy. Monkey Devil!

Sorry for late response, as I've been cleaning all day.  I AGREE!  If I knew Travelers Ins covered all that, it may be worth looking into!  LOL  Can you imagine how much it must cost???   However, I do remember another "famous" American attorney, Tacky, threating the same thing, but I'm still waiting!?
   Tacky!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: February 25, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »

Hi Trim and all!   Anybody have any thoughts on how the homeowners insurance would cover slander?  I really don't think they would.

Hi Dih!  I have no idea.....I checked our policy and slander is not mentioned...not even close!

Personal Injury: This all-inclusive definition covers many predicaments. Personal injury can take many forms, including: bodily injury, shock, emotional distress, mental anguish, sickness or disease, or death arising from any of the above. Personal injury also means false arrest, detention or imprisonment, malicious prosecution, wrongful entry or eviction, humiliation, libel or slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy.

I don't know.

I heard one of the talking heads talking about this a long time ago and because KC is their daughter and supported by them they are responsible for her actions, just like if my child threw a rock through a neighbor's window. The homeowners pays under the liability portion.

Even as an adult?  My 22 yr old daughter still lives at home.  I thought once they hit 18, they were responsible for there own actions at that point.  Heck, I even have my pregnant 35 niece temporarily living with us.  So I'm responsible for there stupidity as well?    We can't control every adults stupidity.   Think if any  adult murderer or other lawbreaker out there who lives with somebody else getting sued, just because the idiot did something stupid and happened to live with them.  That doesn't make the homeowners responsible.  If somebody like that lived with me, I certainly wouldn't know, or they wouldn't be in my house.  Lord have mercy, Insurance costs would be even more out of control.   Of course, nothing surprises me anymore, so I'm not saying your incorrect,  it just seems silly...... JMO Wink

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: February 25, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »

I don't know.

I also have an umbrella policy but I pay the premium separately and at a different time.  I don't know if it covers slander or not.  It's with State Farm.

Let me throw something else into the mix.  Your coverage is regulated by the state you live in.   There isn't a standardization of coverage.  It varies from state to state. 

That's what I was reading in the middle of the night, because I could not quit thinking about this. 

Monkey Devil! Dihannah really got our minds working! 

I know I'm behind, still catching up, so have no idea what else has been said.  But that is a first, that's why I usually read and not post, but that one was really bugging me.  I appreciate all the input, cause I keep thinking about it to.

WO --  Wherever you read about the reason they are getting the 30 days, is all I can say is it HAS to be good news, thanks for sharing that, it gives us some hope, even if we do have to wait! 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: February 25, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »

I don't know.

I am going to change to Travelers Ins......just in case JB comes after me! He has threatened to come after people who talk bad about the A's and goodness know I talk truth which may be bad cause they are..... LOL m And I am going to go recheck our policy. Monkey Devil!

Sorry for late response, as I've been cleaning all day.  I AGREE!  If I knew Travelers Ins covered all that, it may be worth looking into!  LOL  Can you imagine how much it must cost???   However, I do remember another "famous" American attorney, Tacky, threating the same thing, but I'm still waiting!?
   Tacky!

Notice the policy is an Umbrella policy, which would be a policy in addition to a Homeowner's policy.  Whether Traveler's or not, be sure when doing comparables, you use the same limits etc.  I was looking at an umbrella policy, which would give a million dollars liability, and it was $158.00 per year, which is on top of the other policy. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: February 25, 2010, 06:45:38 PM »

http://thismatter.com/money/insurance/types/personal-umbrella-policy.htm
Personal Umbrella Liability Policy
The personal umbrella policy is excess liability insurance that provides protection that is over and above that provided by auto, home, and boat insurance. People with significant assets need an umbrella liability policy to cover lawsuits that can sometimes amount to millions of dollars.

The umbrella policy also has broad coverage that covers some claims that wouldn't be covered at all by home and auto insurance, such as personal injury lawsuits arising from false arrest, slander and libel, or rental units that the insured may own. The personal umbrella policy also pays for the legal defense of lawsuits that is in addition to the policy limit for damages. So if you are sued and held liable for $1 million, and your legal costs are $200,000, then a policy providing $1 million of coverage will pay the full claim plus the $200,000 for legal costs.

The personal umbrella policy also covers any damage to the property of others that is held, controlled, or cared for by the insured, and these losses are covered wherever they may occur in the world.

The amount of coverage usually ranges from $1 million to $10 million, and covers broad forms of liability. Most insurance companies have required minimum amounts of coverage—typically, you must have at least $250,000 of protection on your auto policy and $300,000 of protection on your homeowner's policy. If you own a boat, then you must also have boat insurance with a minimum amount of coverage. For instance, GEICO requires $100,000 liability coverage for boats under 26 feet with less than 50 horsepower; larger boats require at least $300,000 of coverage. Personal umbrella policies do not pay until the auto, home, or boat insurance is exhausted, unless it is for a loss not covered by those policies but is covered by the umbrella policy, such as slander and libel. If the underlying insurance lapses, then the umbrella policy will only pay those amounts that it would have to pay if the underlying insurance was in force.

When the umbrella policy does cover a loss that is not covered by any other insurance, then the insured must pay a self-insured retention or deductible that is much less than the insurance policy limits for auto, home, or boats—typically, the deductible is $250. Like any deductible, the insured must pay this for any loss, before the insurance company pays. For example, if an insured is in an auto accident that causes a $400,000 liability, then the insured's auto coverage would pay the policy limits of $300,000 minus the auto policy deductible of $1,000, which the insured pays, for a total of $299,000, and the umbrella insurance would pay the remaining $100,000. If, however, the insured is sued for slander and becomes liable for $400,000 of damages, and he has no other insurance covering the liability, then he pays only the self-insured retention of $250, and the umbrella policy pays the remaining $399,750.

The Insurance Services Office has developed the 1st standardized personal umbrella policy that is used by many insurers. Below are some of the characteristics of this policy.
Persons Insured

Persons that are covered by the umbrella policy include the insured and spouse, if the spouse is living with the insured; resident relatives; household residents under the age of 21 who are under the care of the insured; anyone using a vehicle owned by the insured and covered under the umbrella policy; and also includes any person or organization that is legally responsible for the insured, while the insured is using a covered motor vehicle.
Exclusions

Like all insurance policies, umbrella policies have numerous exclusions. Most exclusions can be classified as those that should be covered by other insurance policies, or intentional torts or other willful acts by the insured, or events that occurred outside of the time period in which the policy is in force, or for losses resulting from events that are not generally insurable.
Endorsements

Some common endorsements to the personal umbrella policy include being able to remove coverage for watercraft or recreational motor vehicles (RV's) if the insured does not own them, which will reduce premiums. Although umbrella insurance does not provide uninsured motorists coverage, an endorsement to add it can be obtained in those states that require it.
Shopping for Umbrella Insurance

Typically, the first 1 million dollars of coverage is usually the most expensive, since at least part of any claim will be within this range; additional coverage will cost less because claims large enough to fall in the higher ranges are less likely.

Because the personal umbrella policy is excess insurance, it is relatively inexpensive compared to home or auto insurance. The 1st million dollars of coverage costs about $150 to $300 per year, the 2nd million costs about $75, and subsequent increments of $1 million costs about $50 per year.

The reason why insurance works is because the losses of the few are covered by the premiums of the many. Hence, the price that an insurance company charges will depend on how many customers that the company has for that particular policy and in that particular range of coverage. So it is possible when comparing 2 companies, for instance, that 1 million dollars of coverage will cost less at one company, but a 5 million dollar policy will be cheaper at the other company.

For instance, if an insurance company targets lower income individuals, it will probably have a low price for 1 million dollars of coverage, but a much higher price for a 5 or 10 million dollar policy relative to another company that markets to higher income individuals.  Hence, it would be wise to shop around separately for the umbrella policy for the actual coverage that you will need from different companies and compare it with what your home or auto insurer is charging for that particular policy amount.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: February 25, 2010, 06:48:30 PM »

Okay.  I'm all done with insurance in this thread.   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: February 25, 2010, 06:56:02 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/02/casey-anthony-roy-kronks-ex-wife-questioned.html
Casey Anthony: Roy Kronk’s ex-wife questioned
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on February, 25 2010 6:35 PM
Discuss This: Comments(2) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The deposition of an ex-wife of former meter reader Roy Kronk took about two hours today, WESH-Channel 2 reported this evening.

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton had no comment about the deposition for WESH’s Bob Kealing.

Prosecutors talked to the ex-wife, Jill Kerley, via Internet hookup in her attorney’s office in Knoxville, Tenn.

“A judge will view Kerley’s testimony and then decide whether it’s relevant to the case,” WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Bob Opsahl said.

Kronk found the remains of Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, is charged with first-degree murder in the toddler’s death.

Kerley earlier said that her “gut” told her Kronk had something to do with the child’s death. She made that taped comment to the Anthony defense team.

“Casey’s defense team had said Kerley’s testimony will prove that her ex-husband, Roy Kronk, should be a suspect in Caylee’s murder,” Opsahl said.

Kerley said Kronk had used duct tape on her, and duct tape was found on Caylee’s remains.

What were prosecutors trying to do with today’s deposition?

“They’re going to try to get her [Kerley] under oath to catch her in lies,” said Orlando attorney Richard Hornsby in offering analysis for WESH. “I’m willing to bet she’s not going to make a very good witness.”

Hornsby noted that Kerley wouldn’t be able to offer her personal opinions in the Anthony murder trial. He also questioned the defense team’s strategy of using Kerley, saying jurors would “assume she has an ax to grind, that she’s bitter.”
What do you think?

~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: February 25, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »

Thanks, Trimm.

So she was deposed today. For two hours, even.

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: February 25, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »

I am sooo glad they deposed her by Skype and didn't waste any taxpayers money on this woman.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/22675114/detail.html
State Employee Accused Of Ethics Violation Not Fired
Posted: 6:22 pm EST February 25, 2010Updated: 6:56 pm EST February 25, 2010
SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. -- You'd expect the people who work for a state attorney to follow the letter of the law, but WFTV found out records show one IT worker, accused of beating his wife, admitted to using office equipment to secretly record her and he was accused of using restricted databases for personal use.

But Lawson Lamar's office still won't fire him.

Michael Emmons, a computer expert in State Attorney Lawson Lamar's office, has been cited by the State Ethics Commission for using restricted law enforcement databases to check-up on people and to look into the Casey Anthony case

Carol Johanson is Emmons’ ex-wife.

“From the time I met him, he used the State Attorneys Office as if it were his own agency,” she said.

Emmons admitted he took a recording device from the State Attorney’s Office and used it to eavesdrop on her conversations. He was charged with that crime. He was also charged with battery against Johanson when they were married.

Despite all of that, he's still working for Lamar.

Because of where Emmons worked, the case was prosecuted by the Seminole County State Attorney’s Office. He was entered into a pre-trial diversion program for the battery, meaning it won't show up on his record and he was given probation for the illegal recording charge.

Victim's advocate Laura Williams says Emmons is getting special treatment.

“FDLE found probable cause to charge him with two felonies and, to have the state attorney only charge him with one misdemeanor, I think the viewers are smart enough to know that they had enough evidence to charge him with two felonies,” Williams said.

The State Attorney’s Office demoted Emmons and cut his pay by $6,000, but he's still making $65,000 per year.

“I think the evidence speaks for itself. Something not right is going on,” Williams said.

Emmons declined WFTV’s request for an interview. His boss at the State Attorneys Office admitted he used poor judgment, but said he didn't think Emmons deserved to be fired.

Emmons was denied access to the law enforcement database and forced to go to counseling.

While ethics commissioners found probable cause to believe Emmons violated two laws, they still have to hold a hearing before taking any action.

~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: February 25, 2010, 07:19:04 PM »

I don't understand- it should be automatic dismissal using his employers information systems for his own personal use.  My daughter is an RN- if she uses the Hospital's database to look up information on a patient that is not in her care that is improper use and there is automatic termination- and it has happened when people were nosy about someone local, they pried into his health information and were dismissed -  gone!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.