May 15, 2024, 12:21:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #6 11/4/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 190561 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2010, 12:28:58 AM »

Move pictures of Zahra getting her hearing aids have been postd by Jennifer Moxley

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000838103427&v=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=158505637520705&set=a.158505527520716.25200.100000838103427&pid=247286&id=100000838103427
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 01:39:09 AM by klaasend » Logged
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 12:29:42 AM »

It makes me think of this poem!

High Flight
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

an angelic monkey

Thank you Claycat.

Janet

+++++

President Reagan's remarks following the loss of the Space Shuttle Challenger and her crew.06.07.04 Broadcast at 5 p.m. EST, Jan. 28, 1986.

<snipped>

The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honored us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

http://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/speeches/reagan_challenger.html

You're welcome, Janet!  That's one of those terrible times when I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing!  That poem was very fitting to the memory of the Challenger crew. 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 03:52:56 AM »

CBB, would you post your new image of Zahra with God's hand in this thread, too?  It is so beautiful!

Klaas, thank you for posting it again!  CBB, I'm overwhelmed.  I get so angry with God when I see what happens to these children!  I know it's humans who do these horrible things, but I know there are miracles, too, so I get really angry.  I want to know why there wasn't intervention.  It helps me to look at that and remember that he does love these little ones.

Thank you, Claycat. Sassifrass asked me to create a picture that would include the star Northern Rose so generously gave on our behalf, and I was thrilled to do it.

Claycat, I certainly don't want to hijack this thread with personal beliefs, but I have to keep my own close by in order to handle following the horrific crimes involving these children. I'll offer you what I trust, in hopes it helps you and maybe others who struggle with the same issues. I just want to say that I respect other posters views as well and sincerely don't offer this to offend anyone!

For me, I recognize that our personal choice is central to God. From the beginning, creation held a choice, even with the tree of forbidden fruit in the garden. I believe "choice" was the reason for the tree. God "allowed" death to enter the world through man's choice, but He did not let the fair and just consequences of that choice go unanswered. Then and there, He put a plan in place to reconcile the relationship He intended with man (He walked with Adam and Eve in the garden) and yet maintain His own nature of utter Love and Justice. Remember that He covered them with animal skin when sin caused them to feel shame for the first time as a by-product of their first experience with sin. With that skin came the first death, and the establishment that blood is the just price for sin. Thousands of years later, after that lesson had been ingrained into generations with temple offerings for atonement, God would accept His Son's blood, given "by personal choice" as the ultimate justice for all mankind's sins. Sin came into the world through man's choice, and sin was covered by the choice of a sinless man.

For me, I believe that perps of crimes against children, are making a choice. God may allow their choice, but I know that just as in the garden, He is ready and waiting with a plan, and I know that plan includes immediately taking those children in His arms and I know that the pain, ugliness, and fear is melted away. Those children will never have a second of uncertainty, doubt, or unhappiness again. They are home.

The children have God's love. The perps await His justice, and I would not be in their shoes for anything.

Matthew 18:10:
See that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, that their angels do always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven.

I'm sorry. I've preached enough, but it's the only way I can cope with these cases. I hope it may help someone else and that expressing my beliefs will offend no one! I don't and won't make it a habit in the missing children's threads. 
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 04:15:59 AM »

The interview with Zahra's bioligical mother was on for about 4 mins.  She said how she had suffered from PND and that she left Zahra with AB until she recovered and when she went back to see them, AB and the whole family had moved.  Each time she tracked them down they moved.  She has been searching for years.  She had a scrap book with baby photos of Zahra.  She cried a lot but was also very angry at times.  When the reporter asked her about Zahra calling EB mummy she was very angry and said if she had any of me in her, she would never do that.  She doesn't believe that Zahra is alive. 

Hopefully it will be uploaded onto their site but at this time, it hasn't.  If it does I will bring it over.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 04:29:18 AM »

Thank you for that Nightowl.  I also managed to watch the segment and hopefully have it taped on the VCR but I have no way of copying from VCR to computer.  So far the video news updates on the Channel 7 website only mentions the search for Zahra and do NOT include the interview with Zahra's mother.  It may show the interview tomorrow.

Also I do know that some videos on our websites are not available for viewing in other countries.  I hope this is not the case with Channel 7 website but if so I am sure a clever monkey may be able to record and copy to YouTube to share with all of us.

Watching the segment was very traumatic and I fully believe all that this young lady has told us.  It was a brave move for her to identify herself and face the public in this way.

It has been an extremely busy day for me today but I will check all sites again tomorrow morning and add anything that may have not been posted by other monkeys.  Everything happens while we sleep here.
Edit to correct post-added "NOT" per Tibro.  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:37:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 04:38:49 AM »

Thank you cw618 and Northern Rose for that wonderful star.  What a moving tribute to this dear little girl, and I am so proud to be associated with it as a Monkey.  Her star will shine for eternity.

CBB thank you for your beautiful graphics for Zahra.  You have captured her spirit and beauty, and the fact that she is now above all the earthly hurt and tragedy that she was subjected to by these eveil people.  Tha angels welcomed her and now have her in their tender loving care.

God bless all who grieve for Zahra. 

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 04:40:34 AM »

Thank you for that Nightowl.  I also managed to watch the segment and hopefully have it taped on the VCR but I have no way of copying from VCR to computer.  So far the video news updates on the Channel 7 website only mentions the search for Zahra and do NOT include the interview with Zahra's mother.  It may show the interview tomorrow.

Also I do know that some videos on our websites are not available for viewing in other countries.  I hope this is not the case with Channel 7 website but if so I am sure a clever monkey may be able to record and copy to YouTube to share with all of us.

Watching the segment was very traumatic and I fully believe all that this young lady has told us.  It was a brave move for her to identify herself and face the public in this way.

It has been an extremely busy day for me today but I will check all sites again tomorrow morning and add anything that may have not been posted by other monkeys.  Everything happens while we sleep here.

Self edit to add word "NOT"

Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2010, 04:58:13 AM »

Thank you for that Nightowl.  I also managed to watch the segment and hopefully have it taped on the VCR but I have no way of copying from VCR to computer.  So far the video news updates on the Channel 7 website only mentions the search for Zahra and do NOT include the interview with Zahra's mother.  It may show the interview tomorrow.

Also I do know that some videos on our websites are not available for viewing in other countries.  I hope this is not the case with Channel 7 website but if so I am sure a clever monkey may be able to record and copy to YouTube to share with all of us.

Watching the segment was very traumatic and I fully believe all that this young lady has told us.  It was a brave move for her to identify herself and face the public in this way.

It has been an extremely busy day for me today but I will check all sites again tomorrow morning and add anything that may have not been posted by other monkeys.  Everything happens while we sleep here.
Edit to correct post-MuffyBee

Hi Tibrogargan, I couldn't record it at all but I will keep a watch on the 7 news site for about another hour to see if they post it up.  I really felt for her, I think that now she has come out like this, that maybe more news agencies and magazines will be onto her.  IMO she handled herself very well, under the circumstances.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:37:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
espresso lover
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 05:22:36 AM »

Here is youtube link for Zahra's mom Emily Dietrich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Atagb_9oyU

~Keep standing up for what is RIGHT...confronting what is WRONG and believing in the TRUTH!!~
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2010, 06:36:26 AM »

thank you maybe a mod can post it

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2010, 06:37:05 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/05/AR2010110501343.html

Missing Aussie girl's mom thinks daughter is dead
The Associated Press
Friday, November 5, 2010; 6:13 AM

SYDNEY -- The biological mother of an Australian girl who was reported missing from her home in the U.S. nearly a month ago said through tears Friday that she believes her daughter is dead.

Emily Dietrich, whose 10-year-old daughter Zahra Baker was living in Hickory, North Carolina, with her father and stepmother, said she has little hope of seeing Zahra alive again.

"I don't feel it," she told Australia's Seven Network in her first interview since the girl's disappearance. "I reckon that mothers just have this bond with their children."

Zahra's father, Adam Baker, reported her missing Oct. 9. Authorities have said they believe the girl is dead. No one has been charged in her disappearance.

Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, has been jailed on an obstruction of justice charge since the weekend Zahra disappeared. Police said she admitted writing a fake ransom note found at the scene of a fire in the family's backyard the same day Zahra was reported missing.

"I never got to say goodbye," Dietrich said of her daughter, who relies on hearing aids and a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer.

Dietrich said she suffered postnatal depression after Zahra's birth and handed over custody to Adam Baker. Later, though, she decided she wanted to be in the girl's life and spent years trying to track the pair. But every time she found Baker, she said, he would disappear.

Using the Internet, she discovered he was living in the U.S. Just three days later, she said, Zahra was reported missing.

"Why would it happen that I would find her and three days later this would happen?" she said, sobbing.

On Monday, Hickory police said they had confirmed that a prosthetic leg found at a home where Elisa Baker once lived was Zahra's.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 06:52:52 AM »

Another video of the same interview :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CWxiqzGgNM&feature=player_embedded

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010, 06:54:50 AM »

Aussie mother says she tracked down Zahra just days before she went missing

* November 05, 2010 6:46PM

THE mother of an Australian girl missing and feared dead in North Carolina said today she had only found her daughter on the internet three days before the 10-year-old disappeared.

Speaking on Australia's Channel Seven News - apparently her first media interview - Emily Dietrich said she had not seen her daughter Zahra Baker since giving custody to the girl's father Adam Baker.

"He had no right to do any of it, to keep her from me," she said.

Dietrich said she had only managed to track down Zahra on the internet recently before the girl disappeared.

"I never got to say goodbye. I never got to say hello," she said.

"Why did it happen that I only found her and three days later this happens?"

Dietrich said she was afraid police in the US would uncover more evidence in her daughter's disappearance.

"I don't want them to find more because they would tell a story I don't want to hear," she said.

Dietrich spoke as Hickory police announced this week they had recovered a bone that could belong to the missing girl.

The bone was located after police officers reportedly searched throughout Caldwell County, where the girl's prosthetic leg was found last week and where the Bakers lived until mid-September.

Hickory police are in the middle of one of the largest search efforts they have launched for Zahra, who is feared murdered.

The girl - a two-time cancer survivor who wears a prosthetic leg and is hearing-impaired - was reported missing by her father from their North Carolina home on October 9.

However, friends and neighbors said they had not see Zahra since the end of September.

As the search for the girl intensified, reports emerged of the girl's American stepmother Elisa Baker allegedly abusing her and locking her up in her bedroom.

Adam Baker, who is from Queensland in Australia, moved to the US with his daughter two years ago after he met Elisa Baker on the internet.

Elisa Baker, 42, is currently in prison, charged with obstruction of justice in relation to writing a fake ransom note believed to be related to Zahra going missing.

Both the Bakers have at various points, implied that the other know something about the girl's disappearance.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/breaking-news/aussie-mother-says-she-tracked-down-zahra-just-days-before-she-went-missing/story-e6freuyi-1225948508688

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 07:55:11 AM »

I feel so sad for Zahra's mother! 

CBB, thank you for the comments.  I was raised to believe those things.  I don't really know how I feel anymore, but you are right that it has so much to do with the free choice of humans.  Goodness knows, I have messed up with my choices.  Thank you!  Smile

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »

thank you maybe a mod can post it

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Atagb_9oyU?fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9Atagb_9oyU?fs=1</a>

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2010, 08:17:49 AM »

Thanks for posting the link to the video Tibrogargan, CW.

So sad!  AB is guilty of so many things. 

I can't imagine the grief this woman is going through, searching all those years for her daughter, then finding her and then this happens. 

There is no doubt of Emily's sincerity or heartbreak or love for her daughter.

My prayers of love, strength, courage go out to Emily and her family.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2010, 08:33:54 AM »

I've been sitting here thinking about this whole situation with Emily, Adam and Ma Baker. I have to wonder if Adam ever wanted this little girl. I somehow get the feeling from all of this it was Ma Baker who wanted this little girl. She had three sons no little girls to raise and fuss over. Did Adam really bond with this child? Then along comes the evil Elisa Baker and she sees the opportunity to use this child in some way to her advantage. Apparently she had done this with her own daughter. Convinces Adam that they can bring her to USA and the money from support and maybe get more money from the US. That didn't work out quite the way they had hoped. No need to keep her around any longer as she would cost them money not the other way around. So it was time to get rid of her. She was after all going to need a new leg and medical care that would cost thousands of dollars. I also believe the abuse got worse on a constant basis. I also believe that the GMA knew and knows what her son is. Even though it is hard for her to admit it he is just as much a monster as the Goth.

Why did they have to bring this beautiful precious child to US? Why not leave her in AUS where she was loved and properly cared for? My daughter and son-in-law would give anything to have a child. But it has not happened. They would give that child so much love as would I. Why do the evil ones have these children they do not want then the ones who would give anything are not so blessed?

Today I hope they find everything they need to put a needle in their arms and say goodnight.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2010, 08:42:28 AM »

CBB, would you post your new image of Zahra with God's hand in this thread, too?  It is so beautiful!

I love this song even though everytime I hear it I cry. These are the Lyrics to the song

The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery

Her parents never took the young girl to church
Never spoke of His name
Never read her His word
Two non-believers walking lost in this world
Took their baby with them
What a sad little girl

Her daddy drank all day and mommy did drugs
Never wanted to play
Or give kisses and hugs
She'd watch the TV and sit there on the couch
While her mom fell asleep
And her daddy went out

And the drinking and the fighting
just got worse every night
Behind their couch she'd be hiding
Oh what a sad little life
And like it always does, the bad just got worse
With every slap and every curse
Until her daddy in a drunk rage one night
Used a gun on her mom and then took his life

And some people from the city took the girl far away
To a new mom and a new dad
kisses and hugs everyday
Her first day of Sunday school the teacher walked in
And a small little girl
Stared at a picture of Him

She said I know that man up there on that cross
I don't know His name
But I know He got off
Cause He was there in my old house
and held me close to His side
As I hid there behind our couch
The night that my parents died

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2010, 08:50:13 AM »

Lazydog1, you've got me crying again!   How beautiful!

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »

This is better than the one on youtube.  Tears warning!

http://music.aol.com/video/the-little-girl-warner/john-michael-montgomery/1101905

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.