May 04, 2024, 07:43:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 147 9/13/09 - 9/30/09  (Read 277118 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1440 on: September 28, 2009, 08:31:49 PM »

Diane Fanning writes true crime books and she does it very well.  That's what she does for a living.  In fact, I just finished her "A Poisoned Passion" over the weekend.  In the afterward she writes that one of the principal characters told her "Do your best to sift lies from the truth"  She says that she believes she did that, although her conclusion was not favorable to the person who made the request. I am glad she will be writing a book about Caylee Anthony's death.  And, I would no more expect her to give the proceeds to charity than I would expect everyone  else to give their salaries to charity.  It is her means of a livelihood.
I for one will be looking forward to buying and reading her book on the subject.

I am meaning no offense to you BABYBEAR, as we usually agree on most subjects. But bringing out a book at this time, no matter how fine a writer Diane Fanning is, is to me like another person getting on the Caylee bandwagon. It is right in the midst of the preparation for the trial, and all the hoopla and fanfare. She may very well be doing this for a living, but there is also a moral factor here, IMO. There are many other subjects she could write about and I would read it. But I will not buy it, request it from the library, nor will I read it. If she writes something after the fact, I may consider it. My favorite author is Patricia Cornwell, and if she did what Diane Fanning is doing, I would feel the same way. That's just me, and reflects no lack of respect for you. I admire your posts. You tell it like it is.  JMO

I agree. The rush to be first into print is what is propelling this book.
At this stage I would have to categorize it with any other speculative piece of journalism.
We have yet to hear/see all the evidence, so I do not know how she could have more information than any one who has studied this case.   Odd that it is selling for less than $7. Rush job..

I'll weigh in my personal thoughts about this "rush to print" book to beat competition down the road.  Its one thing that we advocates here speculate together but we are not doing it for profit BEFORE justice is served in this case or any other...that is the main issue with me.  Secondarily, no offense to Ms Fanning but there is absolutely NOTHING she can offer, and I mean NOTHING that every single person paying close attention to this case & its discovery doesnt already know.   Even in the respect of her analysis of the family dynamic in this case, again it is not anything that we havent discussed at length right here so her opinion is not worthy of profit any more than any of us.   Actually, it doesnt take that much talent to write a book on regurgitated facts that have been readily available to those observing criminal cases nor writing an opinion as to why someone may have committed the crime.

Very few follow this case as closely as those on this forum and other forums so dedicated.  I predict the book will be a huge financial success.  I will certainly buy it.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1441 on: September 28, 2009, 08:38:06 PM »

One thing about the Diane Fanning book.....she obviously paid for the docs that have been released, as it is a big part of her book. She does feel Casey killed Caylee and it was premeditated.  This book could inform us on much more than we already know....we have not been privy to all of the info released to date, only what the media has given us. With that said.....I'm still not going to give her one red dime so that I can read it!! 

Tupelo,  if she paid the fee just as the media did for discovery packages released under the sunshine law she would get exactly what they received and nothing more.  If she was allowed to obtain anything more than what the local media paid for then others would have done the same thing in this case & others.  If she were to use anything that was not released to the public thru the Sunshine law she would be leaking privy information before trial which doesnt come without its consequences & could harm the outcome of justice being served.

OOOh good post!
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1442 on: September 28, 2009, 09:02:04 PM »

One thing about the Diane Fanning book.....she obviously paid for the docs that have been released, as it is a big part of her book. She does feel Casey killed Caylee and it was premeditated.  This book could inform us on much more than we already know....we have not been privy to all of the info released to date, only what the media has given us. With that said.....I'm still not going to give her one red dime so that I can read it!! 

Tupelo,  if she paid the fee just as the media did for discovery packages released under the sunshine law she would get exactly what they received and nothing more.  If she was allowed to obtain anything more than what the local media paid for then others would have done the same thing in this case & others.  If she were to use anything that was not released to the public thru the Sunshine law she would be leaking privy information before trial which doesnt come without its consequences & could harm the outcome of justice being served.
Capp, I understand what you are saying and I am saying the same thing too. But as I read on many forums about this case, there are certain posters who do pay for the docs and know more of what is in them than what the media has released to us. How many times have we heard X amount of pages have been released, but we only see a fraction of them? This is the case in every doc dump that has come out. I just figure that DF will shed some light on those missing docs that we have not seen. JMO

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
cuteascanbe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1443 on: September 28, 2009, 09:07:53 PM »

I don't think I would ever take talk about boycotts to the bank again. When the Anthony's were going to be on Larry King, blogs went crazy with petitions and threats that people would not watch! People even called the sponsers..What makes this so funny, is that as the show was airing, the same people were on blogs, giving running commentaries. It was probably one of his highest rated shows ever! I never watched, but I probably got minute by minute play from the blogs. The same thing will happen with 48 hours. No one will watch, but everyone will watch. With Oprah, she is no stranger to conflict. I don't think she listened to the public, I think the "exclusive" factor is really why they were no longer welcome.

Carmen
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1444 on: September 28, 2009, 09:17:25 PM »

I don't think I would ever take talk about boycotts to the bank again. When the Anthony's were going to be on Larry King, blogs went crazy with petitions and threats that people would not watch! People even called the sponsers..What makes this so funny, is that as the show was airing, the same people were on blogs, giving running commentaries. It was probably one of his highest rated shows ever! I never watched, but I probably got minute by minute play from the blogs. The same thing will happen with 48 hours. No one will watch, but everyone will watch. With Oprah, she is no stranger to conflict. I don't think she listened to the public, I think the "exclusive" factor is really why they were no longer welcome.

Funny you should mention that tonight...  I have not watched Larry King since the night he had the Scamthonys on and I never will again. I saw snips of the interviews on Youtube but they made me want to puke so I turned it off.
I never watch 48hours mystery, I have looked at it a couple of times, but quickly got bored, so won't watch them on that show either, and never will watch it again if they have them on,unless the intent of the show is to expose the Anthonys for what they are 
I think you might be surprised but some  people really mean what they say.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1445 on: September 28, 2009, 09:26:35 PM »

I SPY...I would think that gloves would be able to be traced in the same way the garbage bags were. There are distinct characteristics to the manufacturing of most articles. The compound from which they are made, the rollers that the materials feed on while being taken from one step to the next during the manufacturing process leaves an "imprint", the cutting blades and so on.

I don't remember seeing in the search warrants anything about gloves...but that does not mean it wasn't.....just means that that particular info was not to be made public.  I read an article awhile back that what found a man guilty of a murder was the fact that he did wear gloves while putting duct tape on his victim....a small piece of the glove adhered to the adhesive of the duct tape, and his DNA from the piece of glove was obtained.

With so much info withheld from us, it's impossible to answer all of the questions that come to us. But they will be answered in time during the trial. If only that trial would start.....sigh. 

Tupelo- Thanks!  That's kind of what I was thinking on gloves being used and couldn't remember seeing any mention of gloves of any variety in the search warrant.  I also considered that maybe they didn't have to disclose that however.    Your knowledge of the other case involving the murder, using gloves and duct tape, put a huge smile on my face and  made my heart glad.  Thank you so much for sharing!  The hardest thing about this case is all the not knowing, all the unanswered questions.  The strangest or most ironic thing about this case is all the lack of angst on Cindy & George Anthony's part.  They seem completely unaffected, unperturbed, and undisturbed by all the unknowns that concern us, perfect strangers to Caylee.  Hhhhmmm, why is that, I wonder.  No one, and I mean no one, who's ever had a murdered child or grandchild exhibits such calm when advocating for other missing children.  The lifelong pain is way too fresh, every day in the little reminders (seeing parents with their children, seeing/hearing children playing and yelling to each other, seeing "family" commercials, glimpsing children who look a lot like theirs, etc.), and every big family holiday and birthdays.  I'm not buying what the Anthonys are selling.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1446 on: September 28, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

Funny you should mention that tonight...  I have not watched Larry King since the night he had the Scamthonys on and I never will again. I saw snips of the interviews on Youtube but they made me want to puke so I turned it off.
I never watch 48hours mystery, I have looked at it a couple of times, but quickly got bored, so won't watch them on that show either, and never will watch it again if they have them on,unless the intent of the show is to expose the Anthonys for what they are 

Western Observr- ITA!  I have zero respect for Larry King and wouldn't waste my time watching his show.  I appreciate good journalism with people who have the guts/courage to ask the hard-hitting questions.  That's the difference between a journalist and a talk-show host, IMO.  True journalists are those who do their homework, research the facts, expose the lies and the liars, and speak the truth loud and clear.  If I want to play softball, I'll join a league.  You hit the nail on the head.

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1447 on: September 28, 2009, 09:35:37 PM »

Hello, Monkeys and Guests!  We've got a doc dump on the way...Are you ready to rumble???  Looking forward to more info and lots to chew on here.  Hope the rest of my life cooperates!  LOL! Heading to Haleigh's thread to catch up.

Forecast for the Day:
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1448 on: September 28, 2009, 09:39:04 PM »

You are right, it probably was one of Larry's highest rated shows. This is the way I look at it, if I find a book, or movie, or tv show offensive for whatever the reason is, I just don't buy the book, don't pay for the movie ticket, or don't have the channel on to watch the show. If someone wants to make a show or movie or write a book about this case or any other case, it is their business, and I will make the decision of what I plan on doing, watching or not watching, reading or not reading.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1449 on: September 28, 2009, 09:42:38 PM »

Ready to rumble!
And don't forget while we are all fretting about the FBI 'spoiling' this little piece of evidence- that Casey was indicted for Capital Murder way before the remains were even found.  They returned in less than an hour so it's safe to say that whatever the Prosecution offered was convincing..
Goodnight all.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1450 on: September 28, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »

You are right, it probably was one of Larry's highest rated shows. This is the way I look at it, if I find a book, or movie, or tv show offensive for whatever the reason is, I just don't buy the book, don't pay for the movie ticket, or don't have the channel on to watch the show. If someone wants to make a show or movie or write a book about this case or any other case, it is their business, and I will make the decision of what I plan on doing, watching or not watching, reading or not reading.

Hi, No Rose--Absolutely right.  Each must make one's own decision on whether or not to watch or read. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1451 on: September 28, 2009, 10:29:47 PM »

Hi, No Rose--Absolutely right.  Each must make one's own decision on whether or not to watch or read. 

And I absolutely respect that idea. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1452 on: September 28, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1453 on: September 28, 2009, 10:40:30 PM »

Ready to rumble!
And don't forget while we are all fretting about the FBI 'spoiling' this little piece of evidence- that Casey was indicted for Capital Murder way before the remains were even found.  They returned in less than an hour so it's safe to say that whatever the Prosecution offered was convincing..
Goodnight all.
What a wonderful post to end the evening with, WO!!  You are so correct and I will make sure that I never forget that fact.  Thank you, WO!!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1454 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:54 PM »

Ready to rumble!
Goodnight all.
What a wonderful post to end the evening with, WO!!  You are so correct and I will make sure that I never forget that fact.  Thank you, WO!!

Way ready to rumble!

ITA with absolute confidence that the jury will not be hung at her murder trial either.  I'm predicting early that we will have a same day verdict. I just wish it wasnt 9 months to a year away.

Tup, I understand what you are saying but those posters eventually upload for others to see so it doesn't remain unseen if its anything of significance.  As you can see we have had how many doc dumps since this book has gone to print to be on sale next month?   See to me its a half-baked attempt on incomplete information which we will be stunned by at trial how much more there is.   It would be a real problem if something is published that has not been released through discovery, o man that would not be good.   It just is my personal view that regardless of what spin any author puts on a premature book about a murder case that has not gone to trial yet is not going to be of much value.   Now, if an esteemed crime novelist chose to read all the discovery, view and/or attend the trial & then write on the facts after a verdict that is an entirely different thing...I guess what I'm saying is I wish she had waited until after the trial instead of this half-baked attempt.  JMHO

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1455 on: September 29, 2009, 12:44:52 AM »

Diane Fanning writes true crime books and she does it very well.  That's what she does for a living.  In fact, I just finished her "A Poisoned Passion" over the weekend.  In the afterward she writes that one of the principal characters told her "Do your best to sift lies from the truth"  She says that she believes she did that, although her conclusion was not favorable to the person who made the request. I am glad she will be writing a book about Caylee Anthony's death.  And, I would no more expect her to give the proceeds to charity than I would expect everyone  else to give their salaries to charity.  It is her means of a livelihood.
I for one will be looking forward to buying and reading her book on the subject.

Babybear- Just in case there was a misunderstanding, I would never expect an author to donate his/her proceeds to charity either.  ITA, it's their livelihood and they deserve to be paid for their work.  I meant that if I were writing the book, I would like to be able to donate the proceeds (after I paid for the first x number of copies beginning authors are sometimes required to buy).  I was asked to help a family member get a book published last year and I had no idea how much was involved (editing, proof-reading, rewrites + more proof-reading, co-writing an incomplete section of the book, choosing title pages/dedication pages/author bios/font styles and colors, choosing illustrators, weighing artwork for individual pages against numerous color fonts, critiquing the amount of shading in certain illustrations, choosing a narrator for the audio book, researching venues for book signings and promotions).  Aaaaahhhh!  It wasn't even my book.  On the bright side, if I ever decide to write a book (fat chance), at least I have the general idea of what's involved now.  I'm more the writer type.  I don't want to have to make all those other choices.  LOL!     

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1456 on: September 29, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »

Good night one and all!  Have to be up shortly, so I need to am-scray.  Hope you have a good morning!  Take care!

Forecast for the Day:
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: September 29, 2009, 06:46:32 AM »

Scoot over.I won't watch these shows either. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1458 on: September 29, 2009, 06:48:18 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1459 on: September 29, 2009, 06:50:29 AM »

Ready to rumble!
Goodnight all.

Thanks,WO.   

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.