May 03, 2024, 12:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Body Found) 20 yr old Cynthia Marie Sumner missing from Toledo, OH  (Read 22849 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2009, 01:26:02 PM »

There is a potential lead in the murder of Cindy Sumner. Police filed a search warrant to seize a pair of tennis shoes worn by Elhadi Robbins. He's a 44-year-old sex offender who is in the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio on probation violations. Cindy Sumner turned up missing in August. Her body was found last month in an abandoned warehouse on Elm Street. Police say a distinct shoe print was found near her body. Homeless people who spent time in and around the building say they had seen Robbins at the warehouse wearing a pair of white tennis shoes. However, at this time, police are not calling Robbins a suspect in Sumner's murder.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7058309

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »

Suspect indicted in death of Sumner; woman's body was found in August
2/3/10

It has been six months of heartbreaking questions for members of Cindy Sumner's family.

Who would hurt the young woman who loved not only people but also teddy bears? Was she scared in her final minutes in a dark North Toledo warehouse? Why did she have to die?

Yesterday, family members were given some hope that they would one day learn the answers after a man was charged in Ms. Sumner's death.

A Lucas County grand jury indicted Elhadi Robbins, 44, who is currently incarcerated in the Chillicothe Correctional Institution on unrelated charges. He is charged with two alternate counts of murder in Ms. Sumner's death.

"At least we know who [the suspect is]. We don't know why and that may be an answer that we never know," said Debbie Sumner, the victim's aunt. "This was a big question we've asked: Who did it?"

Police discovered Ms. Sumner's body on Sept. 17 in the basement of an abandoned warehouse at 1510 Elm St.
Authorities said at the time that they were acting on a tip from a woman who said that someone named "Sissy" liked to congregate with her and others inside the building.

The 21-year-old woman with muscular dystrophy and learning disabilities had been missing since Aug. 6.

Authorities believe that Ms. Sumner was killed shortly after her disappearance based on the condition of the body when she was discovered.

The Lucas County Coroner's Office ruled her death a homicide although the cause of death was undetermined.

The coroner's report indicated that she died as a result of "homicidal violence" and that she had sustained "blunt force trauma to the head."

Her bike, a blue and white Huffy mountain bike with a teddy bear and red flower attached to the handlebars, was found in the warehouse.

Detective Jay Gast, who investigated Ms. Sumner's murder, said yesterday that Robbins was an "acquaintance" of the victim. "As we went forward, we developed him as a suspect," he said.

The detective said that Robbins had been in custody since Aug. 19 on a failure to verify charge.

According to records filed in Toledo Municipal Court, detectives had requested a search warrant in October to acquire Robbins' shoes and a DNA sample while he was incarcerated at the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio. Yesterday, Detective Gast confirmed that Robbins' shoes were found "to exhibit similar characteristics" as shoe prints found at the scene.

He added that direct and circumstantial evidence, including witness accounts, led to the charges against Robbins.

"By all accounts, [Robbins] had an infatuation and an attraction to the victim," the detective said.

Detective Gast said that Robbins was reportedly living in the warehouse during the summer of 2009. He said that although the abandoned building attracted several homeless people, Robbins appeared to be the only one still there in early August.

The building has since been boarded up by the city in response to a court order.

Robbins is currently incarcerated after being convicted of failure to notify as well as violations of both community control and parole.

Judge Ruth Ann Franks sentenced him Oct. 15 to four years in prison for the failure to verify charge consecutive to 11 months imposed for violating community control on a 2008 theft case.

The sentences were ordered consecutive to time ordered for violating parole on a 2007 case in which he was sentenced to time behind bars after pleading to one count of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented matter or performance.

The total stated prison term was nine years and two months, according to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Web site.

Debbie Sumner said yesterday that her family has had a difficult time adjusting to life without the young woman who everyone liked.

She said the young woman's parents, Timothy and Mary Sumner, have been devastated by the death of their daughter.

Debbie Sumner declined to comment yesterday about the suspect, saying only that his name was known to the family. She said for now, the family is hoping that yesterday's indictment will bring them "a step toward closure."

Last night, Rosemary Schumacher, Ms. Sumner's grandmother, said she believed her granddaughter's relationship with Robbins was a casual one.

She gave Detective Gast full credit for the break in the case. "I thought it would never be solved. It has been too long," she said.

The family recognizes that there is still more to endure, Mrs. Sumner added. And together they intend to see it through.

"We'll be [in court] as much as we have to if that's what it takes to get the sentence and to get justice so we get closure," she said. "We're ready and willing to do what we have to do."
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100203/NEWS02/2030357/0/RSS04

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2010, 07:32:36 PM »

Hoping for justice for Cindy 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »

Article published February 25, 2010
Man pleads not guilty of Cindy Sumner’s murder  Rolling Eyes

The man charged in the death of a disabled woman found in an abandoned North Toledo warehouse was arraigned in Lucas County Common Pleas Court Thursday.

Elhadi Robbins, 44, who is currently incarcerated in Chillicothe Correctional Institution on unrelated charges, pleaded not guilty to two alternate counts of murder. He faces up to life in prison if convicted.

Acting on a tip, police discovered Ms. Sumner’s body on Sept. 17 in the basement of an abandoned North Toledo warehouse at 1510 Elm St. while acting on a tip from a woman who said that someone named "Sissy" liked to congregate with her and others inside. The 21-year-old woman with muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, and learning disabilities had been missing since Aug. 6.

The Lucas County Coroner’s Office ruled her death a homicide.

Robbins is currently incarcerated after being convicted of theft and failure to verify. He had previously been convicted of sex offenses in 2007 when he entered a plea to a charge of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material.

He is serving a total of nine years and two months in prison.

Visiting Judge Ronald Bowman set a May 3 trial date.
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100225/NEWS02/100229769/-1/NEWS

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.