May 03, 2024, 12:15:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Becky Hamilton 52 Huffman, TX Missing 1-1-10 (body found)  (Read 25472 times)
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 02:40:05 PM »

An arrest has been made! Amen!

Sex offender arrested in New Year's slaying
Woman’s body was found stuffed into a footlocker
By CINDY GEORGE
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Jan. 17, 2010, 7:25AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6819584.html

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 03:44:20 PM »

A longtime sex offender was arrested on Saturday in the death of Becky Hamilton, a Lake Houston marina worker who disappeared on New Year's Day and was later found stuffed into a footlocker.

Larry Allen Ricketts, 41, is being held in the Harris County jail on $200,000 bail.

Debra Broussard is thankful authorities apprehended a suspect in her sister's slaying.

“He did a lot of things he shouldn't have done to her,” Broussard said. “I promised my children that I would fight for the death penalty on him.”

Hamilton, 52, was last seen about 1 a.m. Jan. 1 as she left a Huffman sports bar on FM 2100.

Later that morning, a man was seen buying a box of latex gloves and a can of black spray paint at an auto parts store in the 5800 block of Aldine Bender. A receipt from the transaction was later found in Hamilton's vehicle, said J.C. Padilla, a Houston Police Department homicide investigator.

Two days later, security cameras filmed a man and woman using Hamilton's credit card at a north Houston adult entertainment store.

On Jan. 8, Texas Equu­search volunteers found Hamilton's body in a wooded area near George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Both stores are south of the airport and within miles of the 6300 block of Greens, where Hamilton's remains were found.

Ricketts was registered with the Texas Department of Public Safety at a Huffman address a mile away from Broussard's home, where Hamilton came to stay after Hurricane Ike destroyed her travel trailer in San Leon.

“She actually lost everything in the hurricane and really worked hard to get everything back,” her sister said.

Hamilton eventually was able to move to her own place in a mobile home park on Lake Houston, found work as a clerk at the Lake Houston Marina and settled down with a new boyfriend.

“She was doing extremely well for her to have her life taken like this,” Broussard said.

Hamilton, who would have turned 53 on Jan. 27, spent most of her time at work or at home — but her sister said she also loved to play pool.

“She had a personality you would never forget. She was always funny. We had a good time no matter what we were doing,” Broussard said.

Hamilton had no children, but was close to her nieces.

“My daughters loved her dearly. He took her from us,” Broussard said.

Ricketts has a lengthy criminal history of violent acts in Harris County dating back to 1987. Convictions for indecency with an 8-year-old girl, a rape during a burglary and an aggravated sexual assault contribute to his status as a “high-risk” sex offender.

Court records also show several assaults and a 2009 child endangerment conviction for striking a woman who fell while holding a 1-year-old.

Ricketts was recently paroled.

“I don't think he'll ever get out again,” Broussard said. “Maybe her death will get someone like him off the street because no one should be going through what we're going through.”

A memorial service for Becky Lou Hamilton is scheduled for 2 p.m. Thursday at the Sterling-White Funeral Home, 11011 Crosby-Lynchburg Road in Highlands.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6819584.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2010, 03:50:50 PM »

RICKETTS,LARRY ALLEN
Description
SID 03943975   
Risk Level HIGH   
Ending Registration Date NON-EXPIRE   
Verification Requirement QUARTERLY   
Sex MALE   
Race WHITE   
Ethnicity NON-HISPANIC   
Height 6'1"   
Weight 235 lbs   
Hair Color BLACK   
Eye Color BROWN   
Shoe Size 10.5   
Shoe Width B   

Oh there is a mountain of info AND photos here
 https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/PublicSite/index.aspx?PageIndex=Individual&IND_IDN=7316479&SearchType=Name

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »

Just another example of our INjustice system allowing these freaks to walk among us. It will never change. Just like THEY will never change, because they can't!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100119-larry-allen-ricketts-court

Suspect in Court in Huffman Woman's Death

(Video Available in article)
Updated: Tuesday, 19 Jan 2010, 5:16 PM CST
Published : Tuesday, 19 Jan 2010, 2:41 PM CST

KRISTINE GALVAN
      Reporter

HOUSTON - A murdered Huffman woman, found nude and stuffed into a small storage box, died because someone smashed an unknown object into her head.

Larry Allen Ricketts is charged with Becky Hamilton's murder. Ricketts stood in front of a judge on Tuesday for an arraignment and his first court appearance.

Donna Hawkins, a spokeswoman for the Harris County District Attorney, said that prosecutors did not file a probable cause document for the case against Ricketts because he was in custody when he was charged. Investigators arrested Ricketts on Saturday.

Hawkins says a woman seen on a surveillance video obtained by FOX 26 News, identified Ricketts as Hamilton's killer. The video shows the woman and the man she identified as Ricketts, shopping in an adult boutique. The couple, whose images were captured on video, used Hamilton's credit card to pay for their purchase.

"I've got a long road to make sure that he gets what he deserves through the court system," said Debra Broussard, Hamilton's sister. Broussard was at Ricketts' arraignment. Larry Ricketts is jailed on a $200,000 bond.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2010, 09:42:32 PM »

Murder charges filed in death of Huffman woman
Monday, January 25, 2010

The search for missing Huffman woman, Becky Lou Hamilton, 52, ended tragically when her body was found on Jan. 8 in the 6300 block of Greens Road.

Charges have been filed against Larry Allen Ricketts, who is charged with murder in the 184th State District Court. He is accused in the death of Hamilton who suffered blunt-force trauma to the head.

The suspect has an extensive criminal history in Harris County. Recently paroled, he has convictions of indecency with an 8-yr-old girl and the rape of a 27-year-old woman during a burglary. These offenses contribute to his status as a “high-risk” sex offender.

According to HPD Homicide Division Sergeant J. C. Padilla and Senior Police Officer R. Swainson, homicide investigators from the Harris County Sheriff’s Office and Texas EquuSearch were searching areas in north Houston for Hamilton, who was reported missing on Jan. 1.

During the search, the remains of a deceased person were found inside a foot locker in a wooded area near the 6300 block of Greens Road.

The remains were later identified by fingerprints to be Hamilton’s.

Upon further investigation, information surfaced that identified Ricketts as a suspect in this case, and on Friday (Jan. 15) he was arrested in the 19500 block of the Eastex Freeway without incident.

HPD homicide investigators are attempting to locate items stolen from Hamilton’s recovered vehicle, including jewelry, a reciprocating saw, a car stereo and jumper cables.

Anyone with knowledge of, or information about this case, is asked to contact HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600, or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

http://ourtribune.com/article.php?id=9171

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »

New Year's victim had carvings on back

Feb. 10, 2010, 6:34PM
A Huffman woman found dead inside a foot locker dumped near Bush Intercontinental Airport had carvings inflicted on her back, including one in the shape of a castle, according to court documents released Wednesday.

Becky Lou Hamilton, 52, was found nude, stuffed inside the small container in a field in the 6300 block of Greens on Jan. 8, a week after she disappeared, documents show. Her official cause of death still has not been determined, though she suffered some head trauma.

Larry Allen Ricketts, 41, of Huffman, an ex-convict, has been charged with murdering Hamilton. He remains in the Harris County Jail in lieu of $200,000 bail.

Houston Police Department homicide investigators assigned to the case could not be reached for comment Wednesday, but Hamilton's sister, Debra Broussard, said she believes the carvings were inflicted by her sister's killer because the marks were not there before Hamilton disappeared early New Year's Day.

Move to increase bail
Prosecutors are filing a motion to increase Ricketts' bail or to hold him without bail when he returns to court March 3, Broussard said.

“It showed them the seriousness and the violence of this person,” Broussard said of the carvings. “This guy doesn't need to be on the street.”

A call to Ricketts' attorney, R.K. Hansen, was not immediately returned Wednesday evening.

Police found a drawing of a castle — similar to the one carved into Hamilton's back — at Ricketts' trailer home in the 200 block of Blue Lake, where the words “White Pride,” “SS,” and “F.T.P.” were on his mailbox, warrants show. Police also seized six videotapes and four DVDs after Ricketts' girlfriend told police he recorded all of his sexual activity, as well as other incidents at the residence. The content of those seized recordings was not disclosed in documents.

Broussard said police haven't told her if her sister was sexually assaulted.

The warrants released Wednesday said the foot locker containing Hamilton's body was wrapped in black fabric similar to material used for curtains at Ricketts' home. Police also found what appeared to be a burned piece of blue jeans outside his' home. Hamilton's boyfriend told police she was wearing jeans the night she disappeared.

Girlfriend's account
Ricketts' girlfriend told police he admitted he was responsible for Hamilton's death, the documents show. She said she also saw Ricketts with a saw matching the description of one missing from Hamilton's Jeep.

Another witness told police that Ricketts came to her house two days after the slaying and took her shopping at a Houston adult video store and smoke shop, using what she later came to believe was the victim's credit card and driver's license, records show.

Hamilton was last seen by her boyfriend early New Year's Day at The Tin Cup, a bar on FM 2100 located about three minutes from their home.

Hamilton may have been confronted by her killer in the bar's parking lot because blood was found there, Broussard said. Hamilton's Jeep was found the next day at a Houston car wash and appeared to have been cleaned both inside and outside, because water was found in the vehicle.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6861122.html

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.