May 17, 2024, 04:33:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #40 1/01/11 - 1/18/11  (Read 201659 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #680 on: January 07, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »

Regarding Terri, the fact that she lawyered up doesn't bother me, I'd do the same thing, as some of you have also said.  What is curious to me is that she doesn't have just any attorney, she has THE BEST attorney in the state, according to what we've read. 

It's a bit more understandable, learning that he contacted her, rather than her flipping thru the phone book and choosing him.  Still and all tho, learning that just brings up another question for me......... are attorneys allowed to do this?  I thought that was a no-no, or at least frowned on.  ??  A type of 'ambulance chaser' thing? 

I'm guessing attorneys are allowed to contact a client first, since it evidently was done and there doesn't seem to be any sanctions against him.  So, does this differ from state to state?  Cuz wasn't there some discussion re Casey Anthony in FL on whether she found Bozo or he approached her?   

And then one wonders how a stay-at-home mom can afford THE BEST attorney, despite perhaps the retainer being waived for the benefit of having what (at the time) likely promised to be a very high-profile case. 

I dunno.  I think and think about it.  And still come back to 'if it were me, I'd want THE BEST, no matter what.  I guess what ticks me off is that it's Terri who got THE BEST, and not Kyron himself.  Maybe when all is said and done, will understand it better. 

brb.. I need more coffee.. lol

Hi Wyks!

IIRC, didn't TH first try to get Gloria Alrich (sp?) and she turned it down and referred her to Houze?

Can you imagine if she had gotten her? The way Gloria speaks out, we would know a lot more! 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #681 on: January 07, 2011, 01:25:54 PM »

Klaas, thank you for allowing all sides to respectfully voice our opinions here.  I know there must be times when you grit your teeth, lol, and I appreciate your patience with us!   

I 2nd that.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #682 on: January 07, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »

I hate when people say, "Can I have the link to that?"

But where is the link that an attorney contacted TH?

I cannot imagine why a prominent respected attorney would ever contact anyone.

I always have heard the term"ambulance chaser."

I cannot see Houze in that light at all.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #683 on: January 07, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »

Just a lil reminder:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Kyron

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #684 on: January 07, 2011, 02:16:21 PM »

Hi Wyks!

IIRC, didn't TH first try to get Gloria Alrich (sp?) and she turned it down and referred her to Houze?

Can you imagine if she had gotten her? The way Gloria speaks out, we would know a lot more! 

Hi Sassi!   

Gloria Allred.     (sorry, couldn't resist) 

I dunno if Terri tried her first.  Gloria is the one I'd definitely try tho, if I ever find myself in need of a really good attorney.  And yeah, LOL, we sure would know more, that's a fact!  mwahahaha! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #685 on: January 07, 2011, 02:21:36 PM »

hi hellokitty!   

uh.  hmmm.  well.  you got me, no linky.  i'll admit that i just read that in here upthread somewhere, that he contacted her, and didn't check it out as factual.  (sorry.  hangs head in shame)

you make a good point.  it sure doesn't seem to be something such a respected attorney would do.  i'd think one such as that wouldn't have time to chase a client, lol. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #686 on: January 07, 2011, 02:24:38 PM »

Sassi, so you're thinking that Allred referred Terri to Houze?  Interesting!  If so, wonder if she is kicking herself in the azz for doing that, or breathing a sigh of relief?  Heheheeeeee.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #687 on: January 07, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »

Thank you to the monkey that recommended this site: 

http://astargazersnotebook.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html

Monday, September 20, 2010
Piercing the Horman Veil (Part 1)

I found this article and the other two parts to be quite an interesting read.  As well as the comment sections that follow her articles, because she writes even more stuff in there. 

She has commented on Haleigh's case in the comment section of one of her articles on Kyron, as well. 

Anyway, thank you for recommending that site.  Some may not like what she writes, but I found her to be quite refreshing! 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: January 07, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »

I realize you might hate it when people ask for a link, but you see, there are valid reasons for it.   The person asking for a link may not have seen the article or quote before.   Even if you're sure you saw/read it somewhere, you might be mistaken, or the words might be taken out of context.  Or, even if you have it word for word, it allows the other folks to go back to the original source and make their own decision about it, research it and etc. 

And as a matter of fact, rule # 9, in our Forum Rules states:

9.  Whenever possible, post a link back to the origin of your article/information (media web page or forum)

We ask for a link to be provided when quoting, even if it's snipped.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #689 on: January 07, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »

Sassi, so you're thinking that Allred referred Terri to Houze?  Interesting!  If so, wonder if she is kicking herself in the azz for doing that, or breathing a sigh of relief?  Heheheeeeee.   

Thanks for the correction on Gloria's last name Wyks! 

I knew I saw it somewhere. This was posted by puzzler, although I don't have a reference point of where she got it.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8311.320

<snipped quote>

DeDe...don't have an opinion yet, except for one...the comments that DeDe is not co-operating with LE and telling other friends not to co-operate...really could be as simple as DeDe growing up with a father in LE "know" that if you're questioned you don't say anything until you have legal representation and could be as simple has DeDe telling other friends the same thing...to the public, though, the wording is that DeDe's not being co-operative.  For that matter, friend DeDe could have advised Terri not to talk and when it became clear that Terri was really in trouble, might have eve advised Terri to get the best legal representation she could...which she did.  Also, very interesting to not that Terri first tried to hire a high-profile attorney, that we believe to be Gloria Allred.  If so, Gloria Allred is not the kind of attorney that deals with "murder" cases.  Another thing that makes one mind wonder about.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: January 07, 2011, 02:50:46 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/terri_moulton_horman_retains_p.html

Terri Moulton Horman has retained prominent Portland criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze as investigators continue to focus on her in the nearly monthlong disappearance of her stepson, Kyron Horman.

http://www.katu.com/news/97546039.html
This article gives interesting list of some of House's past cases.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Legal-Sources-Terri-Horman-Hires-Attorney-Stephen-Houze-97555704.html    According to the reporter in this video Terri "appeared" to be looking for a lawyer for days before Houze responded to her and she retained him on the Monday/Tuesday following the weekend of the failed sting on the alledged MFH, RO/Divorce filing.

That's what I get; she retained him. I like links so thought I'd post a few. 

JMO - Houze may say he hunted her down or whatever suits his needs at any given time pending his political investment or personal interest gain at any time.  He is a lawyer after all...
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #691 on: January 07, 2011, 02:56:49 PM »

Thanks FCL!

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: January 07, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »

Regarding Terri, the fact that she lawyered up doesn't bother me, I'd do the same thing, as some of you have also said.  What is curious to me is that she doesn't have just any attorney, she has THE BEST attorney in the state, according to what we've read. 

It's a bit more understandable, learning that he contacted her, rather than her flipping thru the phone book and choosing him.  Still and all tho, learning that just brings up another question for me......... are attorneys allowed to do this?  I thought that was a no-no, or at least frowned on.  ??  A type of 'ambulance chaser' thing? 

I'm guessing attorneys are allowed to contact a client first, since it evidently was done and there doesn't seem to be any sanctions against him.  So, does this differ from state to state?  Cuz wasn't there some discussion re Casey Anthony in FL on whether she found Bozo or he approached her?   

And then one wonders how a stay-at-home mom can afford THE BEST attorney, despite perhaps the retainer being waived for the benefit of having what (at the time) likely promised to be a very high-profile case. 

I dunno.  I think and think about it.  And still come back to 'if it were me, I'd want THE BEST, no matter what.  I guess what ticks me off is that it's Terri who got THE BEST, and not Kyron himself.   Maybe when all is said and done, will understand it better. 

brb.. I need more coffee.. lol

Hello Wyks! And Welcome Back!

I agree and I do admit I am biased particularly about the BBM. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #693 on: January 07, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »

This is just my 2 cents.....How do we know Terri knew he was the best attorney? And if she got just another joe smoe attorney then it would be better for her in the eyes of the public? I can honestly say, I always look for the best attorney to hire or to get advice from. I have had the best divorce lawyer, the best business attorney, and if I found myself in trouble or my children were in trouble, I would find the best criminal attorney. I don't see how that makes Terri seem to be guilty? Not saying she is not guilty because I don't know, but I don't connect best attorney to guilt.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #694 on: January 07, 2011, 03:52:42 PM »

This is just my 2 cents.....How do we know Terri knew he was the best attorney? And if she got just another joe smoe attorney then it would be better for her in the eyes of the public? I can honestly say, I always look for the best attorney to hire or to get advice from. I have had the best divorce lawyer, the best business attorney, and if I found myself in trouble or my children were in trouble, I would find the best criminal attorney. I don't see how that makes Terri seem to be guilty? Not saying she is not guilty because I don't know, but I don't connect best attorney to guilt.
My question would be why would you retain a substandard lawyer? And not just in this case, in any case that you need an attorney.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: January 07, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »

My question would be why would you retain a substandard lawyer? And not just in this case, in any case that you need an attorney.

I suppose the thought is if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about? I can understand that but in my opinion there are people who have spent years of their life in prison and then released because it was shown they were innocent after all. I think I again see it differently that a person would hire the best attorney to keep them out of prison innocent or guilty. I don't know, just how I look at things.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #696 on: January 07, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »

Thanks Sassi and FCL!   

And yeah, like I posted above, if needed I would try to find THE best attorney available, as I'm sure most others would.  Whether or not we were guilty of whatever.  When it comes to trying to navigate the world of LE and the courts, I'd much rather trust someone to guide me thru that who knows better than me what to do, say, etc. 

O/T somewhat, I learned firsthand when two of my sons got themselves into major trouble with the law, and LE was questioning minors without their parents permission, on my property.  I was running from minor to minor, saying 'don't talk til your parents get here!!'  I wasn't trying to hide whatever from LE, I was trying to uphold each and every minor's rights, (as well as my sons), none of which LE seemed to be too concerned about.  When all was said and done, I asked one of my son's attorneys WHY it had been allowed for LE to question all the minors like that.  He just shrugged and said LE can and will do whatever to get to the truth, and the judge often looks the other way.  Sigh. 

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #697 on: January 07, 2011, 04:37:34 PM »

I am sure that we would all like the best of everything.  The best car, the best house, the best attorney.

But unfortunately , I am not in a position to have the best of anything.  I have to go with good enough .

I don't know how TH can afford the best.  That will be interesting if we ever find out.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #698 on: January 07, 2011, 04:37:34 PM »

Thanks Sassi and FCL!   

And yeah, like I posted above, if needed I would try to find THE best attorney available, as I'm sure most others would.  Whether or not we were guilty of whatever.  When it comes to trying to navigate the world of LE and the courts, I'd much rather trust someone to guide me thru that who knows better than me what to do, say, etc. 

O/T somewhat, I learned firsthand when two of my sons got themselves into major trouble with the law, and LE was questioning minors without their parents permission, on my property.  I was running from minor to minor, saying 'don't talk til your parents get here!!'  I wasn't trying to hide whatever from LE, I was trying to uphold each and every minor's rights, (as well as my sons), none of which LE seemed to be too concerned about.  When all was said and done, I asked one of my son's attorneys WHY it had been allowed for LE to question all the minors like that.  He just shrugged and said LE can and will do whatever to get to the truth, and the judge often looks the other way.  Sigh. 

Totally agree, whether guilty or not would want the best attorney.  Good to see you posting again Wyks   an angelic monkey
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #699 on: January 07, 2011, 04:39:22 PM »

I suppose the thought is if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about? I can understand that but in my opinion there are people who have spent years of their life in prison and then released because it was shown they were innocent after all. I think I again see it differently that a person would hire the best attorney to keep them out of prison innocent or guilty. I don't know, just how I look at things.

Hi TG!!   

As to your first question, I dunno.  Am thinking innocence/guilt might have nothing to do with choosing an attorney.  At least in my opinion anyway.  If I (or my sons) were guilty or innocent of something, I'd want an attorney who had experience in whatever the area is, qualified to 'get er done', and be willing to go the distance with me/us.  LE and etc, can be soooo OMG tricky in their questioning, etc.  Altho on the one hand I can understand why/how that is..... being the one questioned, I'd want to make sure I/we had good representation throughout, no matter what the heck it is.  I'm too naive I think to see thru all that they might be doing/saying, at the very least, my mind doesn't usually work as fast as some LE etc I've seen in action.  Maybe I've watched too much CSI Miami and Criminal Minds on TV?    

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.