May 15, 2024, 11:45:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #694 11/26/2007  (Read 219458 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: November 26, 2007, 07:42:56 PM »

Yes…..ON THE RECORD - 10pm…LIVE FROM ARUBA!!
by Greta Van Susteren

We hit the ground running here in Aruba…you don’t want to miss our 10pm ON  THE RECORD show tonight (nor our internet show at 9:45 / GretaLiveWire)…what have we done so far? ALOT!!! We spent time with the Chief Prosecutor (you will hear his interview)…and with the Kalpoe brothers’ lawyer….want proof??

Here is the proof we spent time with the Kalpoe brothers’ lawyer…in his office…and yes, he showed us some things that we will show you tonight at 10pm eastern ON THE RECORD!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #461 on: November 26, 2007, 07:43:27 PM »

I knew ya'll would love that.  It made me giggle.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: November 26, 2007, 07:43:36 PM »

Has this been posted previously?  If so, please delete...

Aruba Lawyers Dispute Holloway Evidence

By MARGARET WEVER – 55 minutes ago

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — Lawyers for one of three young men re-arrested in the disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway accused prosecutors Monday of rehashing old evidence and predicted all three suspects will be released again.

Attorneys Ronald Wix and David Kock told reporters that prosecutors gave them an 11 1/2-page summary of the evidence, and said it mostly contained segments of interrogations that had not been transcribed previously and recordings of conversations from cell phones and discussions inside the home of their client, Satish Kalpoe.

They disputed prosecution claims that the evidence — submitted to a judge to justify detaining their client and the two others — is significant or new.

"They will be acquitted. They will be freed," Wix said.

Separately, a judge in Aruba ruled there is enough evidence to detain suspect Joran van der Sloot for an initial eight-day period while authorities pursue the investigation. A judge had already made such a ruling for brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.

The Public Prosecutor's office released a statement after the ruling saying the judge's decision backed its position that "sufficient new evidence has been put forward."

Prosecutors have said they cannot comment on the evidence. The defense lawyers would not discuss it in detail at their news conference, but were dismissive of prosecutors' latest efforts to resolve the case.

"It seems like they shook the file, threw it on the table and qualified some things as new evidence," Kock told reporters at his office in Oranjestad. "This is unacceptable."

Wix said "90 to 95 percent" of the material in the summary file was not new.

"The legal basis for this detention is seriously questionable," Wix said. "You could almost say illegal."

The Kalpoe brothers — Satish is 21, Deepak, 24 — were re-arrested Wednesday along with Joran van der Sloot, 20, on suspicion of involvement in the death of Holloway, who was last seen leaving a bar with them on May 30, 2005, hours before she was scheduled to return home with fellow high school classmates celebrating their graduation. Despite extensive searches, no trace has been found of Holloway, from Mountain Brook, Ala.

Prosecutors say they have evidence that Holloway, who was 18 when she disappeared, is dead.

All three suspects have denied any involvement in Holloway's disappearance and were previously released for lack of evidence.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g03xmlbMM0BjGFGrLokyvroCO6FwD8T5LMHO2

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: November 26, 2007, 07:44:50 PM »

This is the one I want to see arrested next  Laughing

you and me both!!!!!!!!!!!
That sweaty bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see him locked up with a bunch of criminals he helped put behind bars!!!!!!

I hope they rip his friggen head off in there!!!!!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #464 on: November 26, 2007, 07:47:24 PM »

So is Tony legit?  Is Paulus still sweating?  Does Anita have a new wardrobe?  Details, please.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: November 26, 2007, 07:47:58 PM »

If I lived in Aruba, i'd do something to get locked up just to try and get a chance to take a swing at that sweaty bastard!!!!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #466 on: November 26, 2007, 07:48:52 PM »

November 26th, 2007 7:20 PM Eastern
by Greta Van Susteren
We hit the ground running here in Aruba…you don’t want to miss our 10pm ON  THE RECORD show tonight (nor our internet show at 9:45 / GretaLiveWire)…what have we done so far? ALOT!!! We spent time with the Chief Prosecutor (you will hear his interview)…and with the Kalpoe brothers’ lawyer.
(Photo not brought over to BFN) Here is the proof we spent time with the Kalpoe brothers’ lawyer…in his office…and yes, he showed us some things that we will show you tonight at 10pm eastern ON THE RECORD!!
POSTED AT BFN dssm

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: November 26, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

This is the one I want to see arrested next  Laughing

Can he be arrested again if he's already been released as an official suspect?  Is there anything like "double jeopardy" in Aruban law?  Just curious...
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: November 26, 2007, 07:50:04 PM »

Muffy thanks, I just read back to catch up post work. This is the first I've seen of the statement I highlighted in red

"The legal basis for this detention is seriously questionable," Wix said. "You could almost say illegal."

Now that's some very strong language for a defense attorney to use?

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: November 26, 2007, 07:50:22 PM »

TS - not sure but my guess is yes
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #470 on: November 26, 2007, 07:51:14 PM »

by Greta Van Susteren

We hit the ground running here in Aruba…you don’t want to miss our 10pm ON  THE RECORD show tonight (nor our internet show at 9:45 / GretaLiveWire)…what have we done so far? ALOT!!! We spent time with the Chief Prosecutor (you will hear his interview)…and with the Kalpoe brothers’ lawyer….want proof??

Here is the proof we spent time with the Kalpoe brothers’ lawyer…in his office…and yes, he showed us some things that we will show you tonight at 10pm eastern ON THE RECORD!!

I want to see you go over to Nadra's house and try to get an interview!!!!  Laughing Laughing Laughing
islanders
Scared Monkey

« Reply #471 on: November 26, 2007, 07:51:48 PM »

"Attorneys Ronald Wix and David Kock told reporters that prosecutors gave them an 11 1/2-page summary of THE EVEDENCE, and said it mostly contained segments of interrogations that had not been transcribed previously and recordings of conversations from cell phones and discussions inside the home of their client, Satish Kalpoe."

Does this mean the Kalope lawyers have all evidence against them in the 11 1/12 page report?

Or are we just guessing Mos is going to drop the bomb later this week? Anyone?
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: November 26, 2007, 07:51:50 PM »

Forget the 90% BS, just the fact that the Kalpoe lawyers admit that there IS new evidence against their clients is good enough. Hans even said that all 3 are only being given bits n pieces.

And we know Joran's pieces are going to be the biggest.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #473 on: November 26, 2007, 07:52:58 PM »

Has this been posted previously?  If so, please delete...

Aruba Lawyers Dispute Holloway Evidence

By MARGARET WEVER – 55 minutes ago

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — Lawyers for one of three young men re-arrested in the disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway accused prosecutors Monday of rehashing old evidence and predicted all three suspects will be released again.

Attorneys Ronald Wix and David Kock told reporters that prosecutors gave them an 11 1/2-page summary of the evidence, and said it mostly contained segments of interrogations that had not been transcribed previously and recordings of conversations from cell phones and discussions inside the home of their client, Satish Kalpoe.

They disputed prosecution claims that the evidence — submitted to a judge to justify detaining their client and the two others — is significant or new.

"They will be acquitted. They will be freed," Wix said.

Separately, a judge in Aruba ruled there is enough evidence to detain suspect Joran van der Sloot for an initial eight-day period while authorities pursue the investigation. A judge had already made such a ruling for brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.

The Public Prosecutor's office released a statement after the ruling saying the judge's decision backed its position that "sufficient new evidence has been put forward."

Prosecutors have said they cannot comment on the evidence. The defense lawyers would not discuss it in detail at their news conference, but were dismissive of prosecutors' latest efforts to resolve the case.

"It seems like they shook the file, threw it on the table and qualified some things as new evidence," Kock told reporters at his office in Oranjestad. "This is unacceptable."

The Kalpoe brothers — Satish is 21, Deepak, 24 — were re-arrested Wednesday along with Joran van der Sloot, 20, on suspicion of involvement in the death of Holloway, who was last seen leaving a bar with them on May 30, 2005, hours before she was scheduled to return home with fellow high school classmates celebrating their graduation. Despite extensive searches, no trace has been found of Holloway, from Mountain Brook, Ala.

Prosecutors say they have evidence that Holloway, who was 18 when she disappeared, is dead.

All three suspects have denied any involvement in Holloway's disappearance and were previously released for lack of evidence.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g03xmlbMM0BjGFGrLokyvroCO6FwD8T5LMHO2

Understanding that this kind of spin is what a good defense attorney is supposed to do, does it make any of you nervous regarding the relevance and signifigance of this new evidence?  I have to admit, it's making me a little bit...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: November 26, 2007, 07:52:58 PM »

Look at this headline.  I think it's important that it's being announced that Natalee Holloway is no longer living:

Top News
RSS Feed
Holloway death suspect detained in Aruba

Published: Nov. 26, 2007 at 5:14 PM
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2007/11/26/holloway_death_suspect_detained_in_aruba/6936/

-------------------------
It's getting harder and harder for those that tried to peddle the theory that Natalee ran away. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #475 on: November 26, 2007, 07:52:59 PM »

Hi igsigs !

Let's hope Joran's pieces are large enough that they stick to Paulus too like super glue !

I continue to stand with the girl.
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #476 on: November 26, 2007, 07:55:08 PM »

Shame on you people making fun of a slow learner!   Wink

Question - Is PvdS not employed by the defense att'y of one of the K brothers? Wouldn't that be unethical? But, yes, this is Aruba...I know, I know.  I just hope PvdS doesn't have any way of weaseling himself in to see goon boy.

Special delivery!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #477 on: November 26, 2007, 07:55:34 PM »

Hi igsigs !

Let's hope Joran's pieces are large enough that they stick to Paulus too like super glue !

Laughing Howdy Sistah
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #478 on: November 26, 2007, 07:55:38 PM »

Muffy thanks, I just read back to catch up post work. This is the first I've seen of the statement I highlighted in red

Now that's some very strong language for a defense attorney to use?

They may be questioning if home bugs/taps etc. are legal??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #479 on: November 26, 2007, 07:56:09 PM »

And remember....the Kalpoe lawyers only get information as relates to their clients.   Any that involves Juron will be given to his attorney.
Ten per cent new evidence may be the 10 that is needed.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.