May 07, 2024, 03:25:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony # 148 9/30/09 - 10/11/09  (Read 288087 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: October 05, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/21207035/detail.html
Man Says He Saw Caylee Hours After Her Grandfather
Jim Thompson Says He Saw Caylee, Casey Anthony At Walmart

POSTED: 2:21 pm EDT October 5, 2009
UPDATED: 5:53 pm EDT October 5, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A week before Caylee disappeared, Maitland computer store owner Jim Thompson said Casey Anthony came in looking to buy a monitor.

He said Caylee sat in a chair right across from him. He said he asked the quiet little girl her name.

"Then finally she came out and said 'Caylee," Jim Thompson said. "Hid her head in the chair. You know, little girl shy."

While Anthony shopped, Thompson said he wanted to give Caylee a reward for being so good -- a beanie baby. He said Anthony's reaction caught him off guard.

"I think I said something to the mom like, 'Didn't your daughter get a pretty beanie baby?', and she's like 'ugh' and rolled her eyes."

A week later, the day after Father's Day, Thompson said he saw the same woman coming out of a Casselberry Walmart. He said Caylee was a good 10 feet behind and had to open a heavy door by herself.

"She had better things to do," Thompson said. "She would almost rather Caylee not be with her. She was in the way."

Early the afternoon of June 16, George Anthony said he last saw his daughter leaving with Caylee. Thompson estimates he saw Caylee alive at around 4 p.m. Cell phone tower pings show Anthony was at or near her boyfriend's apartment at around 5 p.m. That's less than four miles from the Walmart.

Thompson said he is willing to testify in Anthony's trial. Sources close to the prosecution said it appears Thompson believes what he's saying, but that doesn't make all of his claims true. He has no proof of Casey's visit to his store

Monday prosecutors fired back at a motion by Casey Anthony's defense to have murder and aggravated child abuse charges dropped.

In a motion to strike, prosecutors argued that the paperwork filed by attorney Jose Baez and Casey Anthony's other attorneys is legally flawed. The state said the flaws in the motion to dismiss are "glaring and fatal," and that in its current form it is not even worth Judge Stan Strickland holding a hearing to consider it.

Speaking on WESH 2 News last week, defense attorney Richard Hornsby predicted this would be the state's response.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1041 on: October 05, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/10/casey-anthony-wftv-asks-if-jose-baez-signals-shift-in-defense.html

Casey Anthony: WFTV asks if Jose Baez signals shift in defense
posted by halboedeker on Oct 5, 2009 5:39:15 PM

Did a Jose Baez interview this weekend signal a new approach in the defense of Casey Anthony?

On Fox News Channel, Geraldo Rivera interviewed Baez and brought up a plea deal for Anthony.

"That's not my decision to make," Baez told Rivera. "Any plea that would ever be taken would have to be taken by Casey, and she would have to accept the plea if one were offered."

Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee. What did Baez's words mean?

WFTV-Channel 9's Kathi Belich said, as far as she knew, prosecutors aren't offering a deal. Belich noted the "surprising" shift in Baez's words: "Up until now, he's insisted Casey is innocent and she has a very compelling reason not for calling law enforcement for a month after Caylee disappeared."

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer scoffed at Baez's response: "The proper response would be: Are you kidding me? She's innocent. We've pled not guilty. We're going to trial."

Belich said noted that Baez started the Rivera interview by saying the evidence against Anthony is weak and the case should be thrown out.

Sheaffer again blasted the defense's approach: "There's one thing consistent about the defense. And that's their ability to continue to make inconsistent statements, one right after another."

Baez had no response to WFTV's story, Belich said. But WFTV put the Rivera interview at the top of its 5 o'clock news tonight. "Up until now, Casey's defense team and her family have insisted there would be no deal," anchor Bob Opsahl said.

WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing interviewed Jim Thompson, a Maitland computer store owner who's a new witness in the case. Thompson said he saw Casey and Caylee Anthony coming out of a Casselberry Walmart on the last day grandfather George Anthony saw the little girl.

Thompson wonders if there's a Walmart video that might confirm what he's saying, Kealing said.

What to make of Thompson's statement?

"Sources close to the prosecution say it appears that Thompson is sincere in his beliefs, but are they willing and ready to take what he is claiming in his sworn statement as gospel?" Kealing said. "The indication we get is, no, they are not."

WESH and WFTV reported that prosecutors today filed a response to the Anthony defense team's motion to dismiss the murder and aggravated child-abuse charges against her. Prosecutors say the defense's motion is "legally incorrect" and "fatally flawed," Kealing said.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1042 on: October 05, 2009, 06:15:43 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/10/state-fires-back-at-motion-to.html

WDBO Local News

State fires back at motion to dismiss charges against Casey Anthony
By Drew Petrimoulx @ October 5, 2009 5:43 PM

State prosecutors shot back Monday at the defense of accused child killer Casey Anthony with what's become common in pretrial motions: insults.
Responding to a motion to dismiss the most serious charges against Miss Anthony, assistant state attorney Linda Drane Burdick called the defense "inartful."

Burdick wrote that Miss Anthony's attempt to have Judge Stan Strickland dismiss first-degree murder and child abused charges contains "glaring and fatal" flaws.

She argues that because Miss Anthony has not delivered a sworn statement with facts that prove she is not responsible for what happened to her daughter Caylee, Judge Strickland has no grounds to dismiss the charges.

In motions filed last week, Miss Anthony's defense argued that the charges should be dismissed, because the state cannot determine whether Caylee died of natural causes, an accident or murder.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1043 on: October 05, 2009, 06:16:08 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A week before Caylee disappeared, Maitland computer store owner Jim Thompson said Casey Anthony came in looking to buy a monitor.

He said Caylee sat in a chair right across from him. He said he asked the quiet little girl her name.

"Then finally she came out and said 'Caylee," Jim Thompson said. "Hid her head in the chair. You know, little girl shy."

While Anthony shopped, Thompson said he wanted to give Caylee a reward for being so good -- a beanie baby. He said Anthony's reaction caught him off guard.

"I think I said something to the mom like, 'Didn't your daughter get a pretty beanie baby?', and she's like 'ugh' and rolled her eyes."

A week later, the day after Father's Day, Thompson said he saw the same woman coming out of a Casselberry Walmart. He said Caylee was a good 10 feet behind and had to open a heavy door by herself.

"She had better things to do," Thompson said. "She would almost rather Caylee not be with her. She was in the way."

Early the afternoon of June 16, George Anthony said he last saw his daughter leaving with Caylee. Thompson estimates he saw Caylee alive at around 4 p.m. Cell phone tower pings show Anthony was at or near her boyfriend's apartment at around 5 p.m. That's less than four miles from the Walmart.

Thompson said he is willing to testify in Anthony's trial. Sources close to the prosecution said it appears Thompson believes what he's saying, but that doesn't make all of his claims true. He has no proof of Casey's visit to his store

Monday prosecutors fired back at a motion by Casey Anthony's defense to have murder and aggravated child abuse charges dropped.

In a motion to strike, prosecutors argued that the paperwork filed by attorney Jose Baez and Casey Anthony's other attorneys is legally flawed. The state said the flaws in the motion to dismiss are "glaring and fatal," and that in its current form it is not even worth Judge Stan Strickland holding a hearing to consider it.

Speaking on WESH 2 News last week, defense attorney Richard Hornsby predicted this would be the state's response.

I might believe what Thompson is saying, but why the he77 did he wait for a YEAR before saying anything. Sorry, I ain't buying what he's selling.  I still think Caylee was already gone by the time he is talking about. He may have seen them at some other time, but I don't think he saw them on June 16, but that's just my own opinion.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1044 on: October 05, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »

I might believe what Thompson is saying, but why the he77 did he wait for a YEAR before saying anything. Sorry, I ain't buying what he's selling.  I still think Caylee was already gone by the time he is talking about. He may have seen them at some other time, but I don't think he saw them on June 16, but that's just my own opinion.

I, too, am questioning why he waited so long to report this.  It's not like it hasn't been all over the news.  Maybe the band on his Mexican hat was too tight!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1045 on: October 05, 2009, 06:20:14 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/10/5/state_wants_dismissal_motion_thrown_out_in_casey_case.html
 State Wants Dismissal Motion Thrown Out In Casey Case
Monday, October 05, 2009 4:41:45 PM

The state says a motion filed by Casey's attorneys that asks for the first-degree murder and child abuse charges to be dismissed should be thrown out.
View Larger
Additional Information

* State Seeks Dismissal Of Defense's Motion To Throw Out Charges Against Casey

ORLANDO -- The state has filed a new motion in the case.

It all started with Casey's defense attorneys filing a motion saying that the charges of first-degree murder and child abuse should be thrown out.

The state said the motion is flawed and should be thrown out.

The state attorney's office actually calls the motion "glaring and fatal."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1046 on: October 05, 2009, 06:25:21 PM »

WHAT'S NEXT IN THE CASE AGAINST CASEY

A judge just set a new hearing date for next Friday morning and Casey Anthony is expected to be there.

The hearing could involve a defense motion to have the murder charges thrown out.

The defense claims prosecutors didn't allow it access to the crime scene while Caylee's remains were still there. Prosecutors asked for the hearing demanding the defense prove that claim.

(snipped)

http://www.wftv.com/news/21209000/detail.html

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1047 on: October 05, 2009, 06:28:37 PM »

I, too, am questioning why he waited so long to report this.  It's not like it hasn't been all over the news.  Maybe the band on his Mexican hat was too tight!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

He said he was looking for a woman. Maybe he thinks he has a chance with KC. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: October 05, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »

A judge just set a new hearing date for next Friday morning and Casey Anthony is expected to be there.

The hearing could involve a defense motion to have the murder charges thrown out.

The defense claims prosecutors didn't allow it access to the crime scene while Caylee's remains were still there. Prosecutors asked for the hearing demanding the defense prove that claim.

(snipped)

I guess we all know what we will be doing next Friday...I call front row seat!!! 

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1049 on: October 05, 2009, 06:32:55 PM »

I guess we all know what we will be doing next Friday...I call front row seat!!! 

Save us some seats if you get there first!  And everyone bring your popcorn.   

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: October 05, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »

(snipped)

O that was fast, hmmmm something could be gleaned from that possibly?   

I see the local papers are running with what occurred to me last night watching Whoraldo & Bozo live, regarding Bozo's ridiculous response to a plea bargain.   I'm telling everything he did to poo poo the State's case got squashed when he gave away Casey's guilt right there.   Im sure you all got a chance to view the youtube Trimm provided this morning, if not endure the agony & check it out.   In admitting that it would be up to her if she accepts one the way he phrased it he in essence admitted her guilt.

About this Jim dude, if there is any merit to be had that he saw Casey with Caylee around 4PM the day of the 16th, my God that means Casey killed Caylee went to her boyfriend's & then they proceeded to Blockbuster within 2-3 hours to go rent murder movies & plan an evening in to F around.    THAT BEING SAID, I have a hard time believing the account not only how he worded certain remarks but mainly because Walmart doesnt have doors you have to struggle to keep open as a general nationwide standard (mainly for handicap convenience)

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: October 05, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »

Thank you Trimm, Seeme & Tupelo for posting the links & the motion!   an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: October 05, 2009, 06:37:42 PM »

(snipped)

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: October 05, 2009, 06:40:27 PM »

(snipped)

10/12/2009     0900     MANUAL - TRIAL     ROOM 6-D ON THE SIXTH FLOOR

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/CriminalSelect.aspx?SessionID=d367f0fd-f60b-4e7b-bbb8-59ff83589919

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1054 on: October 05, 2009, 06:40:52 PM »

(snipped)

You got it Fanny, I have the prosecution's side chair, ready for a legal smackdown that should be a knockout & a few low blows but I smell a V on the DP motion, DENIED 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1055 on: October 05, 2009, 06:41:24 PM »

Thank you Trimm, Seeme & Tupelo for posting the links & the motion!   an angelic monkey

You are very welcome.I waonder if we are still getting documents?

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1056 on: October 05, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »

(snipped)

O that was fast, hmmmm something could be gleaned from that possibly?   

I see the local papers are running with what occurred to me last night watching Whoraldo & Bozo live, regarding Bozo's ridiculous response to a plea bargain.   I'm telling everything he did to poo poo the State's case got squashed when he gave away Casey's guilt right there.   Im sure you all got a chance to view the youtube Trimm provided this morning, if not endure the agony & check it out.   In admitting that it would be up to her if she accepts one the way he phrased it he in essence admitted her guilt.

About this Jim dude, if there is any merit to be had that he saw Casey with Caylee around 4PM the day of the 16th, my God that means Casey killed Caylee went to her boyfriend's & then they proceeded to Blockbuster within 2-3 hours to go rent murder movies & plan an evening in to F around.    THAT BEING SAID, I have a hard time believing the account not only how he worded certain remarks but mainly because Walmart doesnt have doors you have to struggle to keep open as a general nationwide standard (mainly for handicap convenience)

What to make of Thompson's statement?

"Sources close to the prosecution say it appears that Thompson is sincere in his beliefs, but are they willing and ready to take what he is claiming in his sworn statement as gospel?" Kealing said. "The indication we get is, no, they are not."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/10/casey-anthony-wftv-asks-if-jose-baez-signals-shift-in-defense.html

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1057 on: October 05, 2009, 06:43:47 PM »

(snipped)

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Love the new one!!!   

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1058 on: October 05, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »

The Jim Thompson interview video is now up at WESH.   Don't know how to brink the link over.  He is convincing.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1059 on: October 05, 2009, 06:46:23 PM »

You are very welcome.I waonder if we are still getting documents?

I sure hope so!  We need to get this show on the road & move it along. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.