May 14, 2024, 02:15:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #66  (Read 409827 times)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1660 on: November 30, 2008, 11:26:26 AM »

I thought the same thing klaas, and if it were a cooler, those things leak quite often. A friend and I rented a car to take our sons to a baseball tournament in Jupiter Fla., we took a cooler filled with drinks and thought we had the plug in it tightly, but it still leaked and caused the trunk to smell.We kept that trunk open alot during the day and sprayed alot of junk in there to get the smell out.

It's amazing how well these types of containers hold a smell, too.  I was a property manager for a while, and one of my tenants took off and left a bunch of stuff.. one of the things being a large storage container. I happened to be in need of one, so I kept it.. only the smell in there.. well, it wasn't hideous, but it was like an old musty, stale smell.. no matter how well I cleaned that thing out, sprayed it with Lysol, etc.. that odor took a very long time to go away.  I can't imagine ever getting the smell of decomp out.     I would think if Caylee had been in one before her body was dumped, that container would have been dumped somewhere as well.

I'm in agreement AM...plastic does absorb and hold onto odors.  Not much chance to ever clean out odor from human decomp IMO.
Truth Seeker
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1661 on: November 30, 2008, 11:28:25 AM »

Sorry for my rudeness - WELCOME TRUTH SEEKER!!

Thank ALL of you for my welcome!  I am a long time lurker and really respect and enjoy this board.  Have been hesitant to remark because I have a lot of compassion for Cindy (even though I sadly believe dear Caylee is not with us anymore). 

I am a grandmother also, and if anyone told me my son hurt my grandson I would would never believe it.  He is a loving father and from what people have said Casey APPEARED to be a loving mother up until all of this came down.

I guess this is why I have compassion for this poor grandmother.  If she truly believes Casey did not hurt Caylee there is nothing ANYONE can say that will convince her otherwise.  I just can not imagine the pure h*ll she is going through.  I think we are witnessing the mental breakdown of this poor woman and it will only get worse before all is resolved.   

Sorry to bring this up again, I had family here and wasn't able to get back to thank all of you for the welcome.  Hope no one gets mad at me for having a different view of Cindy.  MYTIME, stand nearby, I probably will need your help, LOL.

Happy Holidays to you all!
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1662 on: November 30, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »

Good Morning, I was just thinking did anybody hear if the prosecution has decided about the death penalty? They had until the 24th, to make a decision.

I haven't heard anything but I don't see why it would be off the table at this point..if I was the prosectuion, I'd want as much pressure as possible...she's never going to reveal Caylee's location IMO

According to Florida statutes, the state has 45 days from arraignment to file it's Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty -- see Fla. R. Crim. P. 3.202(a) (“Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty.
The provisions of this rule apply only in those capital cases in which the state
gives written notice of its intent to seek the death penalty within 45 days from
the date of arraignment. Failure to give timely written notice under this
subdivision does not preclude the state from seeking the death penalty.”)

If my math is correct, the 45th day will be Monday (because you do not count weekend days because the court closes).  The arraignment was October 15.  If my math is wrong, let me know.

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1663 on: November 30, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys....where's the coffee?

A-1............what happened to my last slice of pumpkin pie? 

Klaas...........................
So sorry, it called my name............

It's OK A-1...but just this time.  I always share with Kittycats!
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1664 on: November 30, 2008, 11:32:37 AM »

Good Morning, I was just thinking did anybody hear if the prosecution has decided about the death penalty? They had until the 24th, to make a decision.

I haven't heard anything but I don't see why it would be off the table at this point..if I was the prosectuion, I'd want as much pressure as possible...she's never going to reveal Caylee's location IMO

According to Florida statutes, the state has 45 days from arraignment to file it's Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty -- see Fla. R. Crim. P. 3.202(a) (“Notice of Intent to Seek Death Penalty.
The provisions of this rule apply only in those capital cases in which the state
gives written notice of its intent to seek the death penalty within 45 days from

If my math is correct, the 45th day will be Monday (because you do not count weekend days because the court closes).  The arraignment was October 15.  If my math is wrong, let me know.

I am sorry to quote myself but I just noticed that it says "Failure to give timely written notice under this
subdivision does not preclude the state from seeking the death penalty" -- I would assume if they filed it later than 45 days, the trial would have to be moved.  I will do a little more research.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1665 on: November 30, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!! 
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/nov/30/grandparents-hold-vigil-missing-orlando-toddler/

Grandparents holding vigil for missing Orlando toddler Sunday
The Associated Press

Originally published 08:14 a.m., November 30, 2008
Updated 08:14 a.m., November 30, 2008
    ORLANDO — The grandparents of a 3-year old central Florida girl who has been missing since June will hold a candlelight vigil.

The Kid Finders Network and George and Cindy Anthony, the grandparents of Caylee Anthony, are hosting the event at the Eastside Baptist Church in Orlando Sunday evening.

The couple's daughter, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, has been charged with first-degree murder and faces life in prison if convicted of killing Caylee. She has pleaded not guilty.

The little girl was last seen on June 16, but her mother did not report her missing until July.

The toddler's body has not been recovered.

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Judge Mental
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1666 on: November 30, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »

I hope they don't give her the death penalty, so that she has to live out the rest of her life getting punished by the Association of Prison Mothers.
[/quote]

I'm good with that and I'd be the first to wish her a very LONG and healthy life.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1667 on: November 30, 2008, 11:37:32 AM »

I am sorry to quote myself but I just noticed that it says "Failure to give timely written notice under this
subdivision does not preclude the state from seeking the death penalty" -- I would assume if they filed it later than 45 days, the trial would have to be moved.  I will do a little more research.

I doubt the state would miss the deadline, I'm thinking either the decision hasn't been announced or they are NOT going to seek the death penalty.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1668 on: November 30, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!

^
Klaas,

I would much rather Casey get life in prison (no parole). In general population, of course.

Lisa
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1669 on: November 30, 2008, 11:45:17 AM »

Just chiming in to say hello...

I've been reading the last couple of days but for some reason,

I don't seem to have anything to say! 

I know the board is slow so I wish I could talk while it's leisurely, but my brain is on mute.

txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #1670 on: November 30, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »

Thank ALL of you for my welcome!  I am a long time lurker and really respect and enjoy this board.  Have been hesitant to remark because I have a lot of compassion for Cindy (even though I sadly believe dear Caylee is not with us anymore). 

I am a grandmother also, and if anyone told me my son hurt my grandson I would would never believe it.  He is a loving father and from what people have said Casey APPEARED to be a loving mother up until all of this came down.

I guess this is why I have compassion for this poor grandmother.  If she truly believes Casey did not hurt Caylee there is nothing ANYONE can say that will convince her otherwise.  I just can not imagine the pure h*ll she is going through.  I think we are witnessing the mental breakdown of this poor woman and it will only get worse before all is resolved.   

Sorry to bring this up again, I had family here and wasn't able to get back to thank all of you for the welcome.  Hope no one gets mad at me for having a different view of Cindy.  MYTIME, stand nearby, I probably will need your help, LOL.

Welcome Truth Seeker,

I hold a different view of Cindy Anthony.  Watch her interviews with the FBI, they are very eye opening.

Lisa
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1671 on: November 30, 2008, 11:45:37 AM »

Hello and welcome! Yes, I felt the same way for a long time. However... we know our kids... and it seems to me that Cindy did not know Casey that well, especially the last few months before all this came about. I'm of the opinion that Casey got into the wrong group of friends, and things went downhill from there. I read part of George's statement that they did not know all of Casey's new friends. I don't think they had ever met Tony, or some of the others.
I know without a doubt that none of my sons would ever deliberately hurt or kill another human being unless it was in self-defense or defense of their family... they can't harm an animal intentionally!
I'm not sure Cindy or George will ever believe that little Caylee is gone forever from their lives. It must be horrible for them to even think that their own daughter is responsible for that. But when I read others' opinions that George or Cindy actually helped Casey with the disposal of the body....... my mind and my heart just won't go there!! I cannot imagine that they could do that! Not even to protect their daughter!

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1672 on: November 30, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »

I doubt the state would miss the deadline, I'm thinking either the decision hasn't been announced or they are NOT going to seek the death penalty.
I agree with you and I have read several cases which discuss filing after the 45 days which was fine because the notice was filed years before the trial.  I personally think that they should file -- the cases say they can take it off the table later if they decide.  That does not mean that I don't have issues with the death penalty because I do but I think it puts pressure on the defense and that also triggers deadlines for the defense should they seek some mental defect defense.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1673 on: November 30, 2008, 11:51:15 AM »

So now we have two truth seekers????????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Fuzzball
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1674 on: November 30, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »

I cannot comprehend Casey driving her vehicle around for 2 1/2 weeks with the odor of a decomposing body present.

Police officers, morgue attendants, morticians, crime-scene cleanup agencies, and coroners have used peppermint oil (usually in the form of a lip balm) which they spread around their nostrils to prevent the smell of dead bodies from unduly affecting their ability to deal with their environment.  A powerful fragrance such as peppermint oil may have been used by Casey to prevent the smell of decomposition from affecting her ability to drive, and peppermint lip balm is cheap enough that it wouldn't need an expensive traceable store receipt.

Of course, all the drug use could have affected her sense of smell to some extent, possibly enough that she wouldn't be able to smell anything during those 2-1/2 weeks the body was in the car.

But the ones you mention above, do not drive around or stay around a body for over 2 weeks!!! NOTHING could eliminate that odor from their nose, if they were in contact with a 2 weeks old dead body! It would have overwhelmed her... she would have had to throw up, pass out... or she would have pushed the car off into a lake or river.  Sorry.... but a body that had been dead that long would have been mush... and the odor would have been...........unbearable.
LE also uses Vick's Vaporub... they dab it under their nose to help mask the odor... but it sometimes doesn't mask it completely, depending on how long the body has been dead.
I am not convinced that Caylee's body was in that car longer than 2-2-1/2 days.

Are you saying that the car probably doesn't stink, because AL didn't smell it, and because the report says 2.6 days?

If that's the case then why does it still stink now? Casey abandoned the car at the first opportunity. It wasn't just GA that smelled the decomp--it was also the guys at the tow yard, LE, & FBI. Apparently the car still reeks, 5 months later.

And how would you get decomp fluid and all those flies and maggots, if she was in an airtight container in the trunk for only 2.6 days? It's not making any sense to me. And now people are saying GA was only in LE for 9 years and therefore probably doesn't know what decomp smells like. (IMO 9 years would be long enough to have encountered a dead body even in a very small town.)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1675 on: November 30, 2008, 11:52:52 AM »

Here is a link to Orange County Sheriff Department Policies and Procedures.  Very informative..

http://www.ocso.com/Agency/PoliciesandProcedures/tabid/233/Default.aspx
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1676 on: November 30, 2008, 11:56:14 AM »

Klaas
Would it be possible for you to toss a few lights and balls on my palm trees?    I would appreciate it!

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1677 on: November 30, 2008, 11:56:47 AM »

So now we have two truth seekers????????

We have a Truthseeker2 and a Truth Seeker  
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1678 on: November 30, 2008, 11:57:57 AM »

Klaas
Would it be possible for you to toss a few lights and balls on my palm trees?    I would appreciate it!

Flamom - if someone else doesn't do it (Brandi or CBB) I will but I'm really busy around the house today.  I can't allow myself to get stuck at the computer today. 

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1679 on: November 30, 2008, 11:59:08 AM »

Klaas...you have mail. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.