May 16, 2024, 06:43:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #19 - 6/23/05  (Read 300314 times)
joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2005, 01:53:46 PM »

Quote from: "AZsunny"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
Eeeeeee; rumors father to be arrested?

Where did you hear this????

So if that's true, he'll be arrested sometime around 6:30 AM tomorrow.
kimi1230
Scared Monkey

« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2005, 01:53:58 PM »

Here is the link for the interview with Matt.  I hope you can see the video of it because the article doesn't show the attitude that she displayed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8290302/

No one can make you feel inferior.....unless you give them permission.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2005, 01:54:22 PM »

Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
trimmer wrote:
This was posted on Riehl today.

This is what the latest we got from a reporter who is known on the island to get confidential info from his friends in the police department.
1. All three guys agreed they left JVDS and NH near the Marriot on that night.
2. JVDS testified that he and NH went for a swim and after that whey walked bak to the hotel, where he walked home and NH to Holiday Inn, which is just a few 100 meters away. Easiest if you walk on the beach, there is a walkway connecting all hotels from the beach area. He insists he left her there.
3. The DJ was suspected because he told an friend erlier that he was asked to use his boat (not the TATTOO) but a smaller vessel to dump something in the sea. That's why when inteviewed he said that he saw the guys leaving the girl at the HI, but when this story came apart, they arrested him the next day.

Has anyone heard any details on the possibility of #3. Where is this boat? Was it searched? If the above is true, how could they not seize the boat? We've heard when the police have seized other things but I have not seen anything about this "smaller vessel."

So, again, if 1, 2 and 3 are all correct, why would the 3 amigos lie the first time and say they left her at the H.I.? Why would Steve say they left her at the H.I.? Because obviously there was collusion to make sure they lied about the same thing.

If they all had nothing to do with her disappearance and if they did go there and leave her to walk home alone, there would be no need to lie and Joran, when approached 24 hours later by her mother and stepfather would have said, "Last I saw her she was walking toward the H.I."

It just doesn't make sense for them to lie when there was no reason to lie.
xcptnl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2005, 01:54:30 PM »

Quote from: "Kap"
What do you expect him to say to his mother?

Mom:  Joran, did you have anything, anything at all, to do with this girl disapperance?

Joran:  Well, mom....

Mom:  Joran, please...

Joran:  Yeah, mom,  I had everything to do with it...

I mean seriously.  How is this news?  If I killed someone I would tell my mother I was innocent as well.

Jeez....

Exactly why they are acting the way they are - he has told them so they have to believe that for now.  Heck, even she questioned why they let them go
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2005, 01:54:40 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Quote from: "PoorPaulaNNJ"
My feeling today upon hearing reduction of FBI agents was that they got/did what was needed. I don't see them leaving because of lack of interest or because public is not so interested. IMO

I do hope you are correct...however the FBI not  being allowed to 'do their job' it is also a reason for them to leave or at least reduce their staff.

I was very surprised to see the interview with the VDS's last night....I am amazed that their attorney would allow it.  I gotta tell you my heart went out to Mrs. VDS......she is a mother doing what any mother in this situation would do..she loves her son, trusts that he is telling the truth and standing by him..I would do the same things for my son.  It seems to me the only things the general public, us inclided, really knows is Natalee is missing and the 3 young men are presumably the last to see her....and in some way SG has some connection....or maybe he really doesn't....all the rumors and suppositions and theories are just that...I pray that Natalee will be found alive.....but I also pray for world peace...neither do I think either attainable in my lifetime though....I can not even begin to think that Natalee willingly had sex with 3 guys.....that's  pretty hard core IMO....my theory??  I honestly don't have one because there are so few facts that we actually know to be true...has JVS REALLY changed his story???  So it's been reported...but it was also reported that there was a confession and  the police were being led to where she was....???  When no information is giving it leaves the door open to theories and gossip....and there has sure been a lot of that..but also we have heard over and over that if information come out BEFORE a trial then that infoemation may not be used by the prosecution..I saw a retired Aruban police detective on the Abrams Report and was actually ill....he was so off the wall IMO, blaming Natalee...she ran away, the family needs to be looked into...yadda, yadda, yadda... my thought was that others seeing this would think as I I did  'this is representative of the Aruban Polis'....thank goodness he is retired!  I believe the Arbuan Polis messed up by letting the 3 go in the first place and I honestly do not believe they can ever recoup from that error. I have constantly been amazed that there is next to nothing on the news  about the brothers..... My heart goes out to Natalee's family....to all the families involved in this terrible situation....I call it a situation cause we don't know what it REALLY is...

Like nearly everyone on this board I have become 'attached' to the family in my heart....and my heart aches for them...but it also aches for Joren's mother...and no matter how this turns out.....she will forever carry this with her.....

As for the bickering, name calling and racial slurs being tossed around here lately...it's difficult for ME to read, and I have not been involved in it..... it is so senseless and hurtful....hopefully those involved will stop and allow this message baord to be a peaceful haven again.

Thanks

Nicely said Sunny... My heart also went out to Mrs VDS.. I think she was very sincere.. and not that I judge people.. the woman herself looked very haggered.. SHE even said they should of not been let go to begin with when they were questioned.. I found that very impressive on her part!

Wow you took the words out of my mouth.  I do have to differ on the retired polis, so called Elio Nicolaas... Yes he is miffed on the short interview, and he did say he wanted to have the parents also interviewed., with some  50 question he has to collaborate and get a feel for the situation.  I know many here say it s inconsequential that Nat or Hootie, is beyond question, and is the victim, so are all the MB student and family. Well, true investigation you need to question over and over all suspect or witnesses....Today in Aruba.com, there is a source saying FBI, wanted to interview the parents..is this why Beth Holloway Twitty could not accompany Greta Van Susteren to a second interview with the Van Sloots?   Anyway back to Elio, he was also I believe a high ranking official, maybe even Prime Minister of Aruba. I dunno this for sure tho.  

Let me just reitterate for all those who might quickly say the 3 suspect are  the murderer. ... again this based so far on MSM (main stream media, both Arubian and American equally froth with all kinda errors...and also sniplets of comments here there in cluded MB that were close there..).

1. No confession, none of the 3 have confessed to murder.  With assistance or observation of FBI, I think despite near Gitmo treatment 3 young men, never in trouble, have not 'cracked', because they are telling the truth.
2. These so called sniplets of suspect changing there stories, supposedly Deepak email, all this is either bogus or heresay.  Maybe the cops are trying to sow misinformation in there desperation to hang this on someone.  There is no coverup, there is not pin it on the White guy vs. the black guy.  Yes he was the last with Nat, but on the way to HI, a second story unfolded.
3. What the heck happened in CnC, Im still curious, I think this can shed light to the the mystery.  Yes Nat may have made a judgement error, but what if she did not?  Trust you feeling, she went with Joran, despite a near fist fight in CnC, despite all her 'good friends' that were right there!  Something strange happened before something Bad happened.
4. Oh the issue of 'Something Bad Happened, let me explain my view..
Police 1:  Natalee is still missing, you were the last to see her.  Where is she?
Joran: I left her on the beach, that is the last time I saw her.
Police 1: Your lying! You psycho where i s Natalee?
Joran: I don't Know, I don't know
Police 1: Well what you think happened with her?
Joran: I don't know, maybe something bad happened with her afterwards..

Five hours later Police 1, steps out, gets mugged from the American Press.

Press: Did the suspect confess?
Police: no.
Press: Did the suspect say where Natalee is?
Police: no
Press: What does the suspect think happened with Natalee.
Police:  I don't know, but I think he thinks something bad happened to Natalee.

AP press, Fox News: Suspect confesses, "Something Bad Happened" to Natalee.

Also lest not forget, major sophisticated MSM, report wrong info, remember the story of the suspect confessed, Natalee is dead, etc etc..we even had a web page here in memory of her.

5. I ve turned 180 degrees and now am focusing on alternative ending where Joran is telling the truth, and the Kalpoes as well. If that is the case my focus now possibly lies to SGC, SBF, and the Students hanging out till 5am at Holiday Inn.
HannieC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2005, 01:54:54 PM »

CancunMole wrote:

I may be wrong but I don't think it is within the Dutch culture to seek media attention. If Greta and BHT hadn't approached them that 1st day, I'll bet the VdSs' wouldn't have approached the media. Hannie C, are you here to comment, I hope?

You`re absolutly right cancun, it isn`t near our culture to do such thing.
In the US everything is being played tru the media especially high profile cases, I think that`s also b/c of the jurysystem there. But here it isn`t that same way b/c we don`t have a jurysystem.

If you create a theory, you fall in the trap of trying to fit the facts to your theory...
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2005, 01:55:01 PM »

Quote from: "DivaToo"
Quote from: "roxyluv"
Quote from: "UGAmom"
I think she's (Mrs. VDS) finally decided that she needs to speak up to defend her son.
That 'taking the high road' and keeping quiet is not working.

I'm not saying he's not guilty (or guilty for that matter) just that being a mom, you can only take so much before you have to defend your child.

Exactly, I think Anita is a very, nice compassionate person.  After seeing them interviewed my opinion has toatally changed about them . They are good people and only want answers and whats best for their son.

Maybe Anita but Paulus, NAH
Did you see Greta's crew do a close up of all that sweat rolling down PapaSmurfs head? EEEWWW get a hanky , dude!

No I liked him too !!
They showed a lot of class, if someone was saying the stuff they are saying on the media about my son and my family. I don't think I would be as kind.

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2005, 01:55:08 PM »

Quote from: "bluebob"
Read yesterday that Kerin in Tx posted one of her students was missing in Mexico. . .j/w if everything is okay??

All OK and Kerin posted it later in the day.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »

I think she's (Mrs. VDS) finally decided that she needs to speak up to defend her son.

I'm not saying he's not guilty (or guilty for that matter) just that being a mom, you can only take so much before you have to defend your child.

Exactly, I think Anita is a very, nice compassionate person.  After seeing them interviewed my opinion has toatally changed about them . They are good people and only want answers and whats best for their son.

Did you see Greta's crew do a close up of all that sweat rolling down PapaSmurfs head? EEEWWW get a hanky , dude!

ROFLMAO  I saw the sweat also Diva.. AND what was weird.. why the heck would pappy VS get up in the middle of an interview to  answer the phone and not be sititng there comforting his distraught wife the whole time who was visibly upset??  Just a thought...!!
jac723
Scared Monkey

« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"
Did fox have breaking news?

yes but not alot said Absolut...  only a motion has been filed to keep the guys for another 8 days... that was basically it.. everything else is just repetitive..

When are they gonna put a cable drop at my desk. Oh and a TV, when I worked at the Discovery Channel we had it Smile

I'll send my husband over--he works for a cable company and can set u up with a drop-- Laughing

Jennifer
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2005, 01:57:26 PM »

I agree.  I have four kids and they are ALL so different.   They were all raised with the same love and guidance...but, no matter what they all come out so different... I have twins who are completely different...one very sensible, low key and responsible...the other impulsive, short attention span, tends to be tardy, loses  homework, forgets duties....fortunately he's got a heart of gold and is loved everywhere.  BUT, he needs far more guidance and understanding than his twin.

It's why I can't blame the parents for EVERYTHING!!!!
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2005, 01:58:03 PM »

ROFLMAO  I saw the sweat also Diva.. AND what was weird.. why the heck would pappy VS get up in the middle of an interview to  answer the phone and not be sititng there comforting his distraught wife the whole time who was visibly upset??  Just a thought...!!

I agree, I think he knows more than he's telling JMO tho

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2005, 01:58:13 PM »

Quote from: "CancunMole"
Quote from: "AZsunny"
Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
trimmer wrote:
This was posted on Riehl today.

This is what the latest we got from a reporter who is known on the island to get confidential info from his friends in the police department.
1. All three guys agreed they left JVDS and NH near the Marriot on that night.
2. JVDS testified that he and NH went for a swim and after that whey walked bak to the hotel, where he walked home and NH to Holiday Inn, which is just a few 100 meters away. Easiest if you walk on the beach, there is a walkway connecting all hotels from the beach area. He insists he left her there.

Assuming that this may have happened,  can anyone remember which hotel had a security video showing a girl walking on the beach by herself that night?  could that have been Natalee walking back to her hotel?  I am not sure which hotel reported that.  I wonder if it is logical location.

That was the HYATT which is 2 properites down from the Marrioot, 1 from the HI but it was never indicated what TIME that snap was taken.......

This is a variation on the Sweaty-black-Rastasharians-killed-Natalee theory, in case you missed it.
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2005, 01:58:52 PM »

Quote from: "littletxlady"
Quote from: "DT"
Quote from: "kimi1230"
I felt sorry for Joran's mom when she talked with Greta...

Then this morning the talked with Matt on the Today Show and it was a different story.  I no longer feel sorry for that lady.

Did anyone else see her this morning?

Uh no, could you explain, give details of what she said etc.

Do tell

Its on the main page post of Scared Monkeys,

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/?p=1178

Go to the bottom MSNBC video
asdf
Scared Monkey

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2005, 01:58:54 PM »

Quote from: "kimi1230"
I felt sorry for Joran's mom when she talked with Greta...

Then this morning the talked with Matt on the Today Show and it was a different story.  I no longer feel sorry for that lady.

Did anyone else see her this morning?

No, do tell please.........

I didn't feel sorry for her one bit when I watched her interview.  I could sense SOMETHING was up her sleeve.  Too emotional and the father was too quiet.  Way too quiet.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2005, 02:00:37 PM »

Quote from: "jac723"
Did fox have breaking news?

yes but not alot said Absolut...  only a motion has been filed to keep the guys for another 8 days... that was basically it.. everything else is just repetitive..

When are they gonna put a cable drop at my desk. Oh and a TV, when I worked at the Discovery Channel we had it Smile

I'll send my husband over--he works for a cable company and can set u up with a drop-- Laughing

Thanks I guess he'll be here tomorrow?
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2005, 02:00:44 PM »

Quote from: "kirbysquirrel"
Not a troll.  Just reading and not posting.  Got bitten the other day for being new and chose to stay away after that.

Hi, Rob.  Thought your info about security was interesting.  Having them *69 was very thought-provoking.

Never claimed to be psychic and surely due to watching too much Fox,  had a very bizarre dream last night regarding this subject.  Scared me how realistic our thoughts can be.  I guess I went to sleep thinking of that area near JVDS' home with the pond that had not been searched.  That would have been one of the areas I would have thought they would have looked very early on due to proximity, ravine, water and discarded items.  Very common discard area being used by someone and surely JVDS would have been familiar with it.  Other locals would be, too, I would think.  Wonder why no one had checked that before, now? Including family.

I am very much in support of the family, but being from the South, I know that southern attitude when I see it, and I was very much surprised at Mr. Twitty's attitude when being interviewed by Greta last night.  I can surely see their frustration, fatigue, worry, etc. but if he and his friends had come into my yard at 3am with that same attitude, I would have been defensive as well.  I found him to be very different in his approach than Mr. Twitty and Mr. Holloway have been on the occasions I have seen them being interviewed and Mrs. Twitty's approach to the locals.  I am sure she has her own frustrations and negativisms, too, but I think she realizes the importance of "catching more flies with honey"[b/] and I personally think putting Mr. Twitty on TV is not going to help them get encourage any of the locals to get more involved or those required to offer anymore than is necessary.

Let's just keep thinking of Elizabeth Smart and that she DID come home.

Good post kirbeysquirrel I bolded what you said that struck me also.  At this point, the initial excoriation of the Van Der S's family is being tempered by their public interviews by Greta/Fox.  The dad knows that loose lips sink ships.  One thing Mr. Twitty said was that Joran, on that initial 3 AM confrontation, said to this father, "Don't worry papa, I want to help them find their daughter," as Mr. VDS apparently was trying to silence his son.  

We'll see.  For sure, the initial publicity against Joran might have strung him up on the nearest tree.  l
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2005, 02:01:03 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

I agree.  I have four kids and they are ALL so different.   They were all raised with the same love and guidance...but, no matter what they all come out so different... I have twins who are completely different...one very sensible, low key and responsible...the other impulsive, short attention span, tends to be tardy, loses  homework, forgets duties....fortunately he's got a heart of gold and is loved everywhere.  BUT, he needs far more guidance and understanding than his twin.

It's why I can't blame the parents for EVERYTHING!!!!

Please, before any more gushes of compassion for this woman, please give me ONE bit of evidence that this is not a narcissistic family. I can give you dozens that it is.
bogey_blusey_chaston
Scared Monkey

« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2005, 02:01:39 PM »

Quote from: "Chaumes"
chloe2:
For the first week every post was about what a slimeball Joran and the Kalpoe brothers were. It's the nature of a lynch mob mentality.

Indeed.

An important distinction to keep in mind WRT the detained and/or the suspicious (PVDS) is that in the absense of indisputable facts [video of events, confession, two or more independant corroborating eye witnesses, Natalee Holloway herself (dead or alive)], there are two possible statuses.  (And, yes, that is the correct plural spelling of "status," but I did have to check... )

1.  Not responsible for disappearance.
2.  Responsible for disappearance.

The above mentioned five people, by virtue of their own actions and words, are responsible for placing themselves in a subset that overlaps the two possiblities:

Suspected responsibility for disappearance.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Presumption of guilt is simply inaccurate.  That said, to remove the possibility of guilt is within the power of the five, just as it was in their power to create it.  This, they have chosen not to do.  Again, this does not make them guilty, but it begs the question, "Why?"

And further, IMHO, there could be a couple of reasons , maybe three or more, you would not divulge the truth.
1. You fear the retribution of another party (unbeknownst at this time) more than you fear the authorities
2. You think you can get away with the activity scott free.
3. You fear what your truth's will do to your family/loved ones.
LilOrphan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2005, 02:02:05 PM »

Lausa --

No, nothing more on him, anywhere, other than those first few days where he was said to be questioned and released (though it was never confirmed).  Sure raises red flags to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.