May 21, 2024, 12:17:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #573 1/13 - 1/14/2007  (Read 98191 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2007, 03:06:08 PM »

Quote from: "dkpen"
Hi there, how has everyone been?

I haven't been around much lately. Been really busy these days and finding little time to be online as much as I'd like. I lurk here and there on the FP and post sometimes when I have time but rarely am here. Keeping the faith and prayers for Natalee, always, even in my absence.

Anything new to catch up on?

God bless~

Here you go, if you want it!  Wink

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/heartdkpen1.gif
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2007, 03:08:37 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Thanks - I don't know enough to know if I want them or not. Laughing  Here's the thing: I'm looking at doing something with sock monkey stuff that I would sell. Specifically, I'm considering custom making sock monkeys and writing stories about them. For instance, an adult would send me a photo and list of activities for a specific child. I would custom make a poseable sock monkey that would resemble the child, pose and photograph the monkey doing activities the child likes, write and "publish" a story that would include the pics, then ship the custom monkey together with the story.

However, I'm still a little lost at this point and not sure what all I will end up needing computer-wise in order to make this happen in a professional way.  Confused

Think the short story is that once you start working with digital photos you will see that some are 'too bright', some are 'too dark' and some are 'too faded' and some are 'fuzzy'.

You can adjust brightness/contrast/color manually thru the menu's, but it's an art/skill to do so. Using Intellihance you chose enhance an wa la, the photo looks a whole lot better. Course sometimes it's overdone or just not right so you undo or just fade back a bit until you get there, but 90% of the time Intellihance gets it right on.

Now for the fuzzy, Intellihance helps a bit, but in most cases I do a menu for 'sharpen edges' then do a bit of 'contrast' and live with the result.

The other biggie on the net, is 'file size'.

You can have 'big images' that can be either 'big files' or 'small files'.

Resolution and Image size kinda go hand in hand, a 1024x768 image at 600dpi can be 100meg in file size, the same 1024x768 image at 80 dpi can be in the 100k size. Then when saving one can chose 'quality' of image, the higher the quality the higher the file size. A range of 1 to 10 is usually what is used and quality of 1 for a 1024x768 80dpi image can get down to 10k in file size and the degredation of the image quality can be seen in a web brower. A quality of 10 for 1024x768 80dpi image will be the 100k in size and look great in a web browser but then take up a bit of bandwidth getting to the surfer. I used to use an image quality of 3 on my images trying to keep the viewable image acceptable while keeping the file size low enough not to slow down uploading. Now a days I've started using a quality of 5 on my images and have a bit larger image file sizes around 50 or 60k. This looks good on broadband and loads quickly at the expense of
the dialup folks having a bit more slow loading.

Now if all you intend to do is print images and mail them, none of the above would apply.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2007, 03:14:59 PM »

Thanks CBB!  I just found my little yellow kitty in the lounge and here we are!
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2007, 03:19:53 PM »

SO Lala I was reading back and you didnt get my mug???  So did they just
mail you a empty box or what? this is so bizzare

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »

Quote from: "Sue"

Well, funny you should ask.  I got an empty box yesterday.  I called them and they said they would send me another one.  Angie may have yours, we are waiting for confirmation.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2007, 03:31:35 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Thanks - I don't know enough to know if I want them or not. Laughing  Here's the thing: I'm looking at doing something with sock monkey stuff that I would sell. Specifically, I'm considering custom making sock monkeys and writing stories about them. For instance, an adult would send me a photo and list of activities for a specific child. I would custom make a poseable sock monkey that would resemble the child, pose and photograph the monkey doing activities the child likes, write and "publish" a story that would include the pics, then ship the custom monkey together with the story.

However, I'm still a little lost at this point and not sure what all I will end up needing computer-wise in order to make this happen in a professional way.  Confused

Think the short story is that once you start working with digital photos you will see that some are 'too bright', some are 'too dark' and some are 'too faded' and some are 'fuzzy'.

You can adjust brightness/contrast/color manually thru the menu's, but it's an art/skill to do so. Using Intellihance you chose enhance an wa la, the photo looks a whole lot better. Course sometimes it's overdone or just not right so you undo or just fade back a bit until you get there, but 90% of the time Intellihance gets it right on.

Now for the fuzzy, Intellihance helps a bit, but in most cases I do a menu for 'sharpen edges' then do a bit of 'contrast' and live with the result.

The other biggie on the net, is 'file size'.

You can have 'big images' that can be either 'big files' or 'small files'.

Resolution and Image size kinda go hand in hand, a 1024x768 image at 600dpi can be 100meg in file size, the same 1024x768 image at 80 dpi can be in the 100k size. Then when saving one can chose 'quality' of image, the higher the quality the higher the file size. A range of 1 to 10 is usually what is used and quality of 1 for a 1024x768 80dpi image can get down to 10k in file size and the degredation of the image quality can be seen in a web brower. A quality of 10 for 1024x768 80dpi image will be the 100k in size and look great in a web browser but then take up a bit of bandwidth getting to the surfer. I used to use an image quality of 3 on my images trying to keep the viewable image acceptable while keeping the file size low enough not to slow down uploading. Now a days I've started using a quality of 5 on my images and have a bit larger image file sizes around 50 or 60k. This looks good on broadband and loads quickly at the expense of
the dialup folks having a bit more slow loading.

Now if all you intend to do is print images and mail them, none of the above would apply.

Thanks again, Carnut. I can't believe I'm such a great photographer that I wouldn't have to do considerable enhancing of the photos, so everything I can learn about such things is a help.

I Stand With The Girl
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2007, 03:34:52 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"

Well, funny you should ask.  I got an empty box yesterday.  I called them and they said they would send me another one.  Angie may have yours, we are waiting for confirmation.

Well I emailed them and I must have goofed I didnt get a response
I just emailed again today and got confirmation they recieved my email
I will get yours mailed out Our roads here are not safe enough to drive
let alone walk to post office I wasnt going to risk walking with a screwed up ankle.. BTW  do you drink Wine???

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »

Hope they don't send you another empty box, lol  Laughing
crazybabyborg
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »

let alone walk to post office I wasnt going to risk walking with a screwed up ankle.. BTW  do you drink Wine???

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Suevalexpress1.gif

Did you get this?
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Suevalexpress1.gif

Did you get this?

Got it now thank you so much that is so cute Smile thanks for thinnking of me

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2007, 03:48:18 PM »

Thanks again, Carnut. I can't believe I'm such a great photographer that I wouldn't have to do considerable enhancing of the photos, so everything I can learn about such things is a help.

Oh one other tip, with digital images you can always resize big images to smaller, but you can't resize small images to larger. (well you can, but not with acceptable results).

Always start with the largest image size possible and then enhance, crop and resize from there.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Oh one other tip, with digital images you can always resize big images to smaller, but you can't resize small images to larger. (well you can, but not with acceptable results).

Always start with the largest image size possible and then enhance, crop and resize from there.

Thanks. I'm copying, pasting, and saving your words of wisdom on this topic, so if you think of anything else, please share.

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2007, 03:51:12 PM »

Sue and Casa: Your both quite welcome! I just wanted to be sure you knew you weren't forgotten. Glad you found yours, Casa. You snuck in without me seeing you!  Wink Klaas and I have covered most everyone, but if we've missed anyone, they can just leave a post in the Lounge and we'll fix 'em right up!  Wink
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2007, 03:54:36 PM »

Thanks. I'm copying, pasting, and saving your words of wisdom on this topic, so if you think of anything else, please share.

Heh, heh, ain't exactly words of wisdom, more like words of experience.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2007, 04:14:28 PM »

Guido's hands are DIRTY

Guido called the POLICE crying

Guido sleeps with his MOMMY

Guido is skeeeeeeeeeeeeered

Guido loves JORAN

i hate GUIDO

Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2007, 04:15:57 PM »

Guido moved

Guido sold his car

Guido left work early

Guido is a CRY BABY

Cool

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2007, 04:16:36 PM »

Guido is WEAK

go after GUIDO

you fatasses  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »

Guido is a DEALER......errrrr.. ahhhhhh... was a dealer

GUIDO is a cheater

maybe his lawyer will sue me  Cool  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »

GUIDO and JORAN are getting married

in PRISON

- A Horse's Tale
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2007, 04:19:14 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
Guido's hands are DIRTY

Guido called the POLICE crying

Guido sleeps with his MOMMY

Guido is skeeeeeeeeeeeeered

Guido loves JORAN

i hate GUIDO

Cool

Pssst...I thought it was Koen who sleeps with his mommy.

Hi Robots! Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.