May 22, 2024, 10:53:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #15 2/5 - 2/6/09  (Read 173274 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #240 on: February 05, 2009, 05:00:44 PM »

Well they did just win the SuperBowl!!       
Yes!!  6 Championships!!!  I am a huge fan myself, just showing his idea of, um style? 

LOL - I could just kick myself everytime I have said to my husband "What do you think??"    
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »

Anna wrote;

MyTime,
That's something each person has to decide for themselves. But remember the membership overlaps so every comment you make in chat may well be recorded and stored away for use against you at some future date when you do something that displeases these highly unstable people in their hidey holes.

And I have read the insults directed at Red and Klass there at GM and you post here as a guest of Red.  Are you OK with that?  Some are but some just wouldn't want to do something like that.

Personally, given the talent for distortion, I wouldn't be comfortable chatting with people who could be carrying it right back to viciousness itself.  There are free chat forums all over the internet.  Anyone ever think of starting their own?  Oh, no, not another group for fighting, lol.

just a thought.

Anna did you feel this way about yourself and the others posting in chat at BFN?  Because I certainly don't feel this way about myself and those I know. Yes a degree of awareness must be considered by all participating but such statements as that are very telling IMO. Anyway, I am sorry to feel the need to reply to this post, but it is itself antagonizing.

I'm so very glad you brought this up because this is a good example of the kind of things I am talking about.

Debbie at BFN has very strict guidelines and doesn't allow the bashing of any other forum.

And BFN is closely moderated if anything.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about.  No other forums are bashed at BFN.

Compare and contrast.  Discuss.

I know BFN fairly well(though not very active recently), and yes Debbie is a wonderful moderator. What I was questioning of by you was this statement:" But remember the membership overlaps so every comment you make in chat may well be recorded and stored away for use against you at some future date when you do something that displeases these highly unstable people in their hidey holes."
I guess the truth of the matter is unstable people exist everywhere- life needs moderators. 
.......but did you feel the posters in the chat were unstable?

I must be missing your point, BB.  Contrary to what some are trying to make it appear, I have never posted anything in chat that I cared for others reading.  What was posted was something I had already discussed privately with several people anyway.

Not having any way of knowing if people are stable or unstable, I think it best not to post something you wouldn't want to meet coming back at you.

That said, other than the nastiness directed at me by ******* and Pita in that chat session, I don't recall anybody ever being trashed in chat at BFN.  I mean other posters and not people involved in the investigation.  I would be shocked if that happened.

And as far as my chat being posted, I was furious because no way was Mos ever going to talk to me again after they did that and wanted it made clear that I did not repeat the one question I asked him and he answered but just what he said in passing is all I repeated.  Not because what I said wasn't true but because it was sure to stop any future discussion with OM if that got back which they saw to it that it certainly did.  Would people really wanting justice do that?  I have to wonder.

Personally, I would never try to disrupt any communication with any Aruban official by anyone because of the chance we might get some information that way.

People who destroy lines of communication like are pretty low in my opinion or else jealous that they didn't get a response to their own email.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »

Hi Dolce! This is a great website to help you choose colors for your house. I've used it for interior and exterior paint projects. You can choose a recommended pallete, "paint" a house online complete with trim, change the colors, etc. Hope it helps! 

http://valspar.com/explore-colors.html?source=p&mcode=ValsparSearch2009_YahooSearch
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »

BB- the comment about UNSTABLE people?? Why do you do that?

I am concerned we have posters stating that just because another poster makes horrible posts, it's not your problem, now you're picking apart semantics? I could easily roll my eyes as well.

I'm aware you vacation on Aruba several times a year, but I've never called you out for it. Yet you are calling out Anna for semantics?

There is no comparison to the BFN chat and the GM chat, I can say that, I've done both.

There is a whole lotta thou doth protest too much going on in musings from GM and CnG posters........

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »

LOL - I could just kick myself everytime I have said to my husband "What do you think??"    
Oh ya that question is one I try to avoid myself.  It leads all over the darn place and the original question never gets answered!  Never ask "what would you like for dinner?" either.....

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »

The houses and buildings in Aruba have beautiful colors.

Just love that Dutch paint.

But then I would, hahahahaha.

Was that a joke?  are you from Aruba? I am very lost!

No, I am American of Dutch ancestry.  But the Dutch do make the best paint in the world.  That is why those colors pop so in Aruba, it's partially the paint which can be imported from Holland.

Poster Tylergal had some imported one time.  Very expensive and I can't afford it but if I could, I'd use Dutch paint.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2009, 05:07:39 PM »

Hi Dolce! This is a great website to help you choose colors for your house. I've used it for interior and exterior paint projects. You can choose a recommended pallete, "paint" a house online complete with trim, change the colors, etc. Hope it helps! 

http://valspar.com/explore-colors.html?source=p&mcode=ValsparSearch2009_YahooSearch

Oh you're so pretty........you're so witty!! Lalalala
ilovegoodies
Scared Monkey

« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »

I just wanted to say that I sincerly appreciate all the kindness shown to me during the loss of my nephew. I don't post very much but everyone was there for me showing monkey love. I will always treasure this.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »

Bless you CBB!!  I am on it now!  "Look honey I did something today!" lol

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »

Anna wrote;

MyTime,
That's something each person has to decide for themselves. But remember the membership overlaps so every comment you make in chat may well be recorded and stored away for use against you at some future date when you do something that displeases these highly unstable people in their hidey holes.

And I have read the insults directed at Red and Klass there at GM and you post here as a guest of Red.  Are you OK with that?  Some are but some just wouldn't want to do something like that.

Personally, given the talent for distortion, I wouldn't be comfortable chatting with people who could be carrying it right back to viciousness itself.  There are free chat forums all over the internet.  Anyone ever think of starting their own?  Oh, no, not another group for fighting, lol.

just a thought.

Anna did you feel this way about yourself and the others posting in chat at BFN?  Because I certainly don't feel this way about myself and those I know. Yes a degree of awareness must be considered by all participating but such statements as that are very telling IMO. Anyway, I am sorry to feel the need to reply to this post, but it is itself antagonizing.

I'm so very glad you brought this up because this is a good example of the kind of things I am talking about.

Debbie at BFN has very strict guidelines and doesn't allow the bashing of any other forum.

And BFN is closely moderated if anything.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about.  No other forums are bashed at BFN.

Compare and contrast.  Discuss.

I know BFN fairly well(though not very active recently), and yes Debbie is a wonderful moderator. What I was questioning of by you was this statement:" But remember the membership overlaps so every comment you make in chat may well be recorded and stored away for use against you at some future date when you do something that displeases these highly unstable people in their hidey holes."
I guess the truth of the matter is unstable people exist everywhere- life needs moderators. 
.......but did you feel the posters in the chat were unstable?

I must be missing your point, BB.  Contrary to what some are trying to make it appear, I have never posted anything in chat that I cared for others reading.  What was posted was something I had already discussed privately with several people anyway.

Not having any way of knowing if people are stable or unstable, I think it best not to post something you wouldn't want to meet coming back at you.

That said, other than the nastiness directed at me by ******* and Pita in that chat session, I don't recall anybody ever being trashed in chat at BFN.  I mean other posters and not people involved in the investigation.  I would be shocked if that happened.

And as far as my chat being posted, I was furious because no way was Mos ever going to talk to me again after they did that and wanted it made clear that I did not repeat the one question I asked him and he answered but just what he said in passing is all I repeated.  Not because what I said wasn't true but because it was sure to stop any future discussion with OM if that got back which they saw to it that it certainly did.  Would people really wanting justice do that?  I have to wonder.

Personally, I would never try to disrupt any communication with any Aruban official by anyone because of the chance we might get some information that way.

People who destroy lines of communication like are pretty low in my opinion or else jealous that they didn't get a response to their own email.[/b

I have trying to follow your posts!!  But I am confused!!  Did he call you or email you??
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2009, 05:11:05 PM »

No, I am American of Dutch ancestry.  But the Dutch do make the best paint in the world.  That is why those colors pop so in Aruba, it's partially the paint which can be imported from Holland.

Poster Tylergal had some imported one time.  Very expensive and I can't afford it but if I could, I'd use Dutch paint.

Awesome!  Thanks for the tip Anna!  I am pure Italian...we pick weird colors.  LOL

Now I have a serious question, I have seen at Sherwin Williams "Dutch Boy" paint, is that the same as Dutch made paint? 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »

Oh ya that question is one I try to avoid myself.  It leads all over the darn place and the original question never gets answered!  Never ask "what would you like for dinner?" either.....

Oh I agree, that is a big no no!! 
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2009, 05:15:10 PM »

I have an O/T question for the O/T thread.....imagine that!

Anyhoo I am having to pick out colors for exterior paint that we want done to the new home that my husband has gone and purchased...(jury is still out on that one as wifey is still a bit sad)
back to the point of this....I have picked out some very nice color combinations, however they have all been vitto'd under the statement of "you are pregnant and your perception is all wacky" (yes his exact words..fightin words if you ask me!)

So, in short (after the long of it) does anyone have some very nice suggestions to paint a CBS home?  (CBS = concrete, block, stucco)

Dolce....Hi...I lived in a CBS home in Tampa area....My neighbors had a variety of muted colors, and I chose a light taupe which I loved.  All of a sudden my neighbor across from my came home with the same color.  He told me his wife said that was the color she wanted...lol.  I find in Florida you have to look at your neighborhood.  Some are all off white.  Good luck....agreement on color can be tough.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2009, 05:15:29 PM »

Gosh, I didnt mean for my post to be funny, I think that is really sad.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2009, 05:15:44 PM »

Awesome!  Thanks for the tip Anna!  I am pure Italian...we pick weird colors.  LOL

Now I have a serious question, I have seen at Sherwin Williams "Dutch Boy" paint, is that the same as Dutch made paint? 

I believe that is American made.  The real deal imported from Holland was over $100 a gallon when Tylergal got hers.  Guess some of that is shipping as well.

Even their white is good.  Will see if I can find post to a site and post it this evening after I feed the goggies.

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2009, 05:16:40 PM »

I'm supposed to like that stuff!! I'm a girl!!     Lalalala

MT........if I were dressed like a drag queen, I wouldn't even go there......    
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »

Come here my little angel, let me fix your halo!!  LOL   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »

Gosh, I didnt mean for my post to be funny, I think that is really sad.

I'm sorry, always 1. I wouldn't step on your feelings purposefully for anything. I don't want you to feel sad, and I apologize if I contributed to that.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2009, 05:22:08 PM »

I have trying to follow your posts!!  But I am confused!!  Did he call you or email you??

I sent him a very formal email addressed to The Right Honorable Mr. Hans Mos and included my name and address and phone number.  A couple of days later I was shocked and sort of scared when he just out of the blue called on that number.  Asked me who was I and did I work for attorney or newspaper, etc.

He talked real fast and had really good English.  Then he told me in the future to contact Ann Angel and gave me an different email address than the one I used to him. 

So naturally, I was furious when this was splashed all over the place for him to be told about.  And never got another call and even the emails got snippy.

It went from 'feel free to contact us any time' to 'we are not in the habit of releasing information to individuals'! 

And that is what I was angry and upset about.  Who wouldn't be after going to all the trouble I went to.

And why destory a line of communication if a person really wants justice and not just to have their own ego card punched?

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2009, 05:22:24 PM »

oops!!

Come here my little angel, let me fix your halo!!  LOL   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.