May 06, 2024, 08:51:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 728182 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1040 on: November 20, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »

Justice for Somer  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1041 on: November 20, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »

It's scary that Somer's killer is still walking free.
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1042 on: November 20, 2009, 11:59:48 PM »

Tina Bee. I just realized your sigline info. I hope to join you on those sites tomorrow. I give you praise and thanks for stepping up and trying to do something to help in these cases. HUGS

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1043 on: November 21, 2009, 07:57:17 AM »

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/Your_News/THE_MONSTER_NEXT_DOOR_THE_PLAGUE_OF_AMERICAN_SEX_OFFENDERS/25925

THE MONSTER NEXT DOOR: THE PLAGUE OF AMERICAN SEX OFFENDERS
John G. Winder , The Cypress Times
Published 11/20/2009 - 12:49 p.m. CST
“There’s no such thing as monsters.”  We tell our kids that.  The truth is that monsters are real.  A real live monster might live next door to you, or across the street from your child’s school, even around the corner from your church.  These monsters are called “Sex Offenders”, a label that is far too innocuous to convey the evil of those who have earned it.

Somer Renee Thompson, of Jacksonville, Florida, was on her way home from the second grade on Monday, October 19, 2009 when she ran ahead of her siblings.  No one knows why she ran ahead of the others.  Maybe she was anxious to see her Mom.  Maybe Nickelodeon was calling her name.  Maybe it was a Monday and she was glad to have the first day of school behind her.  Maybe she just ran ahead of the others, including her twin brother, because she was only 7 years old, and that’s what 7 year olds do.  Unaware, unafraid, she ran home.  Why not?  After all, “there’s no such thing as monsters.”

We’ll never know why Somer ran ahead of her siblings and friends that Monday in October of 2009 because on Wednesday, October 21, 2009, Somer’s body was found in a landfill in Georgia.

Police are continuing to investigate her disappearance and her murder.  Only one thing is known for certain: on the way home from school that fateful day, Somer met a monster face-to-face. 
On October 23, 2009 the body of missing 9 year old, Elizabeth Olten, was found in Missouri.   Horribly, these stories are now common in post-modern America.

Ignorance is bliss.

The bliss of ignorance is a state of mind many of us may prefer because to accept the knowledge that “monsters are real” is too much to bear for many of us parents.  The news of Somer’s disappearance came to me via my television set.  It saddened me.  It saddens me deeply every time I hear of evil, yes evil, befalling a child.

My sadness gave way to something else that day, to a deeper worry and fear.  In this particular horror story about Somer, I was shaken from the “it can’t happen to me or my kids” mentality that the bliss of ignorance and the security of denial fosters within us.

The news anchor covering Somer’s story said that Police, who were searching for Somer, were in the process of interviewing the 160+ “registered sex offenders” living within a 10 mile radius of Somer’s home.

I thought the reporter misspoke.  Sadly, he had not.

Denial kicks in quickly.  I immediately assumed that the Jacksonville, Florida area must be some sort of haven for Sex Offenders, child molesters and pedophiles.  I decided to see how it compared with other areas.

Surely, what was happening in Florida was the result of some liberal laws that offered some sort of “protection” for sex offenders.  Otherwise, how could so many congregate in one area?   It just didn’t seem possible.
I  knew one thing for certain, or so I thought, as I examined the situation through the haze of ignorance, I knew that kind of thing could never happen here in Texas.

Ignorance is bliss.

Knowledge brings fear, rational fear.  I went online to FamilyWatchdog.us and searched the National Sex Offender Registry.  The National Sex Offender Registry lists all registered sex offenders in the U.S. by State, City & State, even Zip Code.
I decided to start my search by looking at how bad the situation in Jacksonville, Florida really was.  I entered the City and State for my search criteria:  Jacksonville, Florida came back with an astounding 1,174 total registered “Sex Offenders”.

Shocking!  Stay out of Florida, I thought.  So, what of Houston, Texas?  We’re tough on crime.

Houston has 1,337 registered “Sex Offenders”.   Shocking again.

Surely, it would be different out in the “burbs”.  Cypress, is safe.  Cypress is upscale.

So, this time I entered my zip code:  77429.   

155 registered sex offenders reside in the 77429 zip code. 
It is sickening to sit and stare at the colorful display indicating the location of these “Sex Offenders”.   A map pops up, ala Mapquest, and on that map are tiny little squares in varying colors; “Green”, “Blue” and “Red”.  Almost festive in appearance except for the secret terror they conceal.   

Green indicates “Other Offense”.  There were a few green squares in Cypress.

“Sexual Battery” was designated by blue squares.  There were several of those.  The vast majority of the squares however were red.

Bright red.

Blood red.

Red is the color used to indicate the location of a sex offender who has committed an “offense against children”.

There is also a colorless square with an “X” through it.  These icons indicate a school, park or church school.

I looked at the elementary school nearest our home; Farney Elementary, and learned that there are three sex offenders within a half mile of Farney Elementary.

There is one within 1,000 feet.  His name, address and photo appear when you click the icon.  He lives 0.18 miles from Farney Elementary.  If your child walks to school every day, he or she passes his house, as well as the house of the two other “registered sex offenders” within the half mile radius.  All three of these “offenders” have a Red Square designator.

Willow Creek Elementary has five registered “Sex Offenders” living within a half mile radius of the school.  The closest is just 0.15 miles away.

Lakewood Montessori School: two sex offenders within a half mile radius.  The closest is 0.18 miles away.
There is such a thing as monsters.”

86 of them live in the 77433 zip code.  289 are listed for the 77065 zip code, although some of these do overlap with other zip codes as the map provides a radius.

The best indicator is to check your child’s school, and your home address.

Reed Elementary has seven sex offenders within a half mile radius.  Tower Christian Academy has six sex offenders within a half mile radius. The list continues

Lieder Elementary:  4

Bear Creek Elementary:  2

Harmony School of Excellence:  4

Cypress Christian School:  2

Christ The Redeemer Catholic

Church:  8
B.F. Adam Elementary:  7

Epps Island Elementary:  5

Carmichael Elementary:  9

Brentwood Children’s Academy:  6

How does the rest of our area fare?

Katy, Texas (proper) has 84 registered sex offenders.

Pearland, Texas has 297 registered sex offenders

Sugarland, Texas has 267 registered sex offenders

Conroe, Texas has 114 registered sex offenders

Tomball, Texas has 99 registered sex offenders

From teaming metropolis to small town, the rest of the U.S is no better. 

Los Angeles, CA – 1,664

Billings, Montana -   680

Cedar Rapids, Iowa – 150

Philadelphia, PA – 1,348

Little Rock, AR -   196
These harbingers of horror lurk from border to border, from city to town, all across our country.  They haunt the highways, and two-lanes, the cul-de-sacs and prominent upscale communities where we, as citizens and parents ignorantly cling onto a false sense of security.

Monsters are real.

Monsters could be next door, or across the street from your child’s school or church.  Now you know.  You are ignorant no more.  What next?

With newfound knowledge comes responsibility, and the fear and the inability to logically continue to live in denial.  There also comes a need to act.  What can we do?  How can we protect our children?

Continued at link.  http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/Your_News/THE_MONSTER_NEXT_DOOR_THE_PLAGUE_OF_AMERICAN_SEX_OFFENDERS/25925

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1044 on: November 21, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »

OUR NATIONAL EPIDEMIC-CHILD STEALING & MURDER

November 19, 2009 05:33 PM EST (Updated: November 20, 2009 04:14 PM EST)

I am so heartsick at the most recent kidnapping and murder of Shaniya Davis.

Then there's the 2 recent missing children: Elizabeth Olten and Somer Thompson. These kids were kidnapped and murdered within 2 days of each other.

That's three kids all in the last 5 weeks or less.  There's so many that I can't even keep these kids' names straight because they all blend into one-and that's not fair to the poor victims.

The sheer volume of missing & murdered children week after week makes this an epidemic that we can't ignore.

Then, of course, little Caylee Anthony last year...and little Haleigh Cummings some months back who is still missing.

When has it become open season on little kids anyway? Why have they become a 'disposable' commodity in someone's sick mind?

THIS HAS TRULY BECOME A NATIONAL EPIDEMIC

What can I do as a citizen to help? I would certainly hate to think that we will all become immune to these almost daily stories because they are becoming so common place! It may happen you know. Sort of the kidnapping du jour becoming something we ignore or turn the channel-not a very comforting thought.

Seems to me the pedophiles and perverts are getting awfully brazen and too comfortable in being able to steal a kid just steps from their homes without being seen. They are bold and intend to commit these crimes regardless of consequences.

I know there's a special place in Hell for the evil people who torture and murder children but that really doesn't make me feel better. I think the parents who do harm to their own kids (as in the case of Antoinette Davis and Casey Anthony) definitely have a perverted evil inside of them and will suffer the consequences for breaking the trust of their own precious babies.

I am sure we only hear about a mere fraction of the kidnappings & murders happening around the country.

In my area we've had a lot of close calls lately, with reports of suspicious individuals trying to lure young kids into cars. It's happening more frequently because these perverts scope out the areas where parents are not around. At which point will it go farther and a child disappears? I shudder to think about that.

I am grateful not to have young kids at home, I'd be a basket case every time they walked out the front door-no matter how much I thought I prepared them, I'd be scared to death to let them out of my sight!

Please keep your kids close. Talk to them, talk to them and talk to them again about the dangers of walking alone and not keeping their eyes open.

Teenagers too, they think nothing could possibly happen to them, but there we have the young woman who disappeared at that concert 3 weeks ago and then of course Natalie Holloway in Aruba on her senior trip a couple of years ago...

Any thoughts? Are you as upset by this rash of child stealing as I am?

Let me know your thoughts. I'm having a real tough time with all this ugly news lately.

S. Goryan

November 18, 2009
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977909239&grpId=3659174697244816&nav=Groupspace

Heart
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1045 on: November 21, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=148493&catid=3
Ride For Somer Thompson
 Corinne Hautala     Created: 11/21/2009 1:28:51 PM    Updated: 11/21/2009 3:14:45 PM

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Thousands of motorcycle riders hit the open road to raise money for Somer Thompon's family.

The poker run organizer, Laura Evans, says she had 3,500 riders register and from across the country.

"People we're calling me saying I have 250 riders, I have 350.  We're coming from Alabama, we're coming from Connecticut, we're coming from Colorado," she said.

Evans says all the money from the poker run will go to Somer Thompson's family.

Richard Falk says that's why he is riding.

"I just felt so bad for the family and what they've been through," said Richard Falk.

Evans says she registered the poker run into the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest Somer Thompson ride against predators.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1046 on: November 24, 2009, 07:04:09 AM »

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/11/more-money-for-somer-thompson.html
Local News      
More Money For Somer Thompson Arrest
By
Jeff Hess
@ November 23, 2009 7:47 PM Permalink | Comments (0)
More than a month after her murder, the reward to find Somer Thompson's killer has been increased again.
A concert for Somer raised more than 8-thousand dollars and the other donations have added more than 7-thousand.
The total reward offered by the Justice Coalition is up to 48-thousand dollars.
Crimestoppers is also offering a 16-thousand dollar reward.
All told, there is 64-thousand dollars in money for tips leading to an arrest.
Call the Clay County Sheriff at 877-227-6911 or Crimestoppers at 866-245-TIPS if you have any information about this case.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1047 on: November 24, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/21709759/detail.html
Somer Thompson Reward Upped To $64K
Missing Girl's Body Found In Georgia Landfill

POSTED: 10:17 am EST November 24, 2009
UPDATED: 10:30 am EST November 24, 2009
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case of a slain Orange Park girl whose body was found in a Georgia landfill has risen to $64,000.

Two nonprofit organizations, the Jacksonville-based Justice Coalition and CrimeStoppers, are offering rewards of $48,000 and $16,000, respectively, for information in the homicide of Somer Thompson.

The 7-year-old girl vanished in late October as she was walking home from school in her northeast Florida community. Her body was found in a landfill some 50 miles away.

No one has been charged in her death, and authorities said last week they were processing evidence and shifting through 4,200 tips in the case.

~ Peter Frampton
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1048 on: November 24, 2009, 10:16:04 PM »

at least in Somer case there is evidence and thousands of tips, which a lot of
cases dont have enough of,it may take some time for the LE, to get through it all
 so there is hope, that her murder will be found, sooner than yrs later
keep the faith guys, all the evidence and thousands of tips, is a real plus
for Somer

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1049 on: November 25, 2009, 10:18:18 PM »

Happy Thanks Giving to all My Sweet Monkey's  Mods, Monkey  Friends and Future Monkey's..

I Give Thanks to meeting all of you whether we agree to disagree as we are all here for Justice to be Served... God Bless you All..

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1050 on: November 26, 2009, 12:54:01 AM »

Happy Thanks Giving to all My Sweet Monkey's  Mods, Monkey  Friends and Future Monkey's..

I Give Thanks to meeting all of you whether we agree to disagree as we are all here for Justice to be Served... God Bless you All..

Thank you, JG.

And thanks for all you do here in the name of Justice.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: November 26, 2009, 01:23:37 PM »

Thank you, JG.

Your Welcome anytime...

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1052 on: November 26, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »

Thank you, JG.

Your Welcome anytime...

So sweet, JG.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1053 on: November 28, 2009, 07:14:13 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d27-Somer-Thompson-case-Reward-for-slain-girl-increased-to-64000
Somer Thompson case: Reward for slain 7-year-old girl increased to $64,000
November 27, 7:45 PMCrime ExaminerCindy Adams
Somer Thompson went missing in late October on her way home from school. Just a few days later the 7-year-old was found dead in a Georgia landfill.

To see a slideshow of photos of Somer, click here.

The reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the case has been increased to $64,000. Both CrimeStoppers and the Jacksonville, Fla. Organization, Justice Coalition have joined forces to create the reward.

No one has been arrested or charged in Somer’s death, but authorities continue to investigate the over 4,200 tips they’ve received in the case.

Donations for the reward offered are being accepted by both CrimeStoppers, at (866) 845-TIPS, and by the Justice Coalition, at (904) 783-6312.

If you have any information on the case, call (877) 227-6911, or e-mail CART@claysheriff.com.

~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1054 on: November 28, 2009, 09:49:10 PM »

Saw this pic of the grieving mom at the funeral, well just saw her face anyway.  Hadn't seen the rest of that pic tho.  Interesting.  I can think of a better place to wear those flowers.   

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

The mom's bf is Perry Currier.  The skulls on his myspace are kind of... freaky.. considering what all his gf is going thru atm.  IMO   

According to what some are saying, Perry had some pretty vulgar pics of Somer's mom on his ms, evidently those were scrubbed just yesterday or so. 

his myspace: 
http://www.myspace.com/151104757

Perry's Interests
General   Ridin Dirty on the motorcycle! Nascar isn't to shabby either. But who could leave out big truckin in my Peterbilt!!
Movies   Porn and comedy and in that order!!!
Television   My Name is Earl, CSI, The Office, Hot Rod Shows.
Books   can't say that I do unless you count magazines.
Heroes   SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1055 on: November 29, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »

Saw this pic of the grieving mom at the funeral, well just saw her face anyway.  Hadn't seen the rest of that pic tho.  Interesting.  I can think of a better place to wear those flowers.   

The mom's bf is Perry Currier.  The skulls on his myspace are kind of... freaky.. considering what all his gf is going thru atm.  IMO   

According to what some are saying, Perry had some pretty vulgar pics of Somer's mom on his ms, evidently those were scrubbed just yesterday or so. 

his myspace: 

Perry's Interests
General   Ridin Dirty on the motorcycle! Nascar isn't to shabby either. But who could leave out big truckin in my Peterbilt!!

Yeah, me too Wyks. The neckline of the dress makes it an unfortunate choice, IMO.

Good Morning Monkeys! I hope all have survived Thanksgiving to overeat another day! I was just catching up in here and am a little discouraged to see there hasn't been an arrest. The way this case started out, I thought for sure they would find the perp quickly.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1056 on: November 29, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »

I thought we would have seen an arrest early on as well CBB...but I also thought that in Nevaeh's case too....and some others...don't get it really ....seems there would be clues galore in both of these cases...jmo

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1057 on: November 30, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »

his myspace: 

Perry's Interests

Yeah, me too Wyks. The neckline of the dress makes it an unfortunate choice, IMO.

Good Morning Monkeys! I hope all have survived Thanksgiving to overeat another day! I was just catching up in here and am a little discouraged to see there hasn't been an arrest. The way this case started out, I thought for sure they would find the perp quickly.

On Perry's myspace:

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1058 on: November 30, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »

after we had learned. somer had a skull book bag
and i saw the skulls on his myspace, i always wondered if he gave her the book bag
made me go hmmmmmmmm

couldnt find the pic of book bag

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1059 on: December 01, 2009, 08:43:35 PM »

My guess is that forensics testing really came up with nothing to help in this case.

I imagine if it had,  there would be an arrest by now.

I agree with Tina Bee: "It's scary that Somer's killer is still walking free."

And it is a shame that justice for Somer is on hold.

*sigh*

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.