May 14, 2024, 11:02:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #20 2/19/09 - 2/22/09  (Read 100275 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2009, 11:34:11 AM »

that previous post of mine was for NONE lol..i guess my coffee isnt workin today or i have a deep seeded inner rebellion against stacking lol.

Hi, Seamonkey.  I've been following along, and knew who you were posting to.     

Keep keeping that stress from your mom. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2009, 11:35:35 AM »

Dang - we need a new cage - getting kinda stinky in here.

Anyway - do we have any DC monks? I need some info and was wondering if anyone could help me??? TIA

so now I'm stinky  point taken, I have to get to work !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2009, 11:39:27 AM »

that previous post of mine was for NONE lol..i guess my coffee isnt workin today or i have a deep seeded inner rebellion against stacking lol.

Hi, Seamonkey.  I've been following along, and knew who you were posting to.     

Keep keeping that stress from your mom. 

Hiya 2nj Smile

glad someone is, i kinda got lost on my own post wonderin why it wasnt a quote reply lol.
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2009, 11:43:11 AM »

Dang - we need a new cage - getting kinda stinky in here.

Anyway - do we have any DC monks? I need some info and was wondering if anyone could help me??? TIA

so now I'm stinky  point taken, I have to get to work !

well, it certainly isnt me, i showered, im irish spring fresh lol

have a good day workin none. Smile I plan to veg and catch up on some threads and watch the snow, the kids are having movie day, so i should get a lot of readin done today lol.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »

I'm very very sorry to interrupt a discussion, but could someone with even a little knowledge about computers answer a really stupid question for me? I'm embarrassed to even ask it, but truth is, I'm working from home today, and I'm stuck..............

I've never saved anything on a CD. I've downloaded music to one to create a music CD, but I have an excel doc that I need on a CD, and I don't know which drive to say "save in". They all tell me to insert a disc. There's a blank one in the drawer thingy, but I have two drawers, and neither seems to satisfy.

Does anyone have any advice for me? ( Be Nice! )   

My laptop doesn't recognize the flash stick I have, but has a CD drawer, so I'm just trying to put it on my lappy without having to hook up internet to it so I can e-mail the excel doc. I don't have wireless.

Anyone?? TIA!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2009, 11:55:10 AM »

I'm very very sorry to interrupt a discussion, but could someone with even a little knowledge about computers answer a really stupid question for me? I'm embarrassed to even ask it, but truth is, I'm working from home today, and I'm stuck..............

I've never saved anything on a CD. I've downloaded music to one to create a music CD, but I have an excel doc that I need on a CD, and I don't know which drive to say "save in". They all tell me to insert a disc. There's a blank one in the drawer thingy, but I have two drawers, and neither seems to satisfy.

Does anyone have any advice for me? ( Be Nice! )   

My laptop doesn't recognize the flash stick I have, but has a CD drawer, so I'm just trying to put it on my lappy without having to hook up internet to it so I can e-mail the excel doc. I don't have wireless.

Anyone?? TIA!

Check that you have the CD in the right way.  I've done that a couple of times.  Then, maybe we can work from there. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2009, 11:55:46 AM »

CBB, have you saved the spreadsheet to your CD? You should have software with a wizard to guide you through that process. If you look in your control panel, you should be able to recognize your USB/jump drive there - as well as if a CD is in either of the CD drives. Typically if you have two CD bays, one is a CD writer and the other is just to play a CD. It all depends upon the model too.

Look in your control panel to see what is being recognized, you should see a USB typically as a K drive or that's how I typically see mine across two laptop's or my desktop. That's the easiest way to save something to export IMO

crazybabyborg
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2009, 12:05:25 PM »

OK, I was able to download it to the flash drive, but my lappy can't handle it, so it' a CD or bust.

The CD is loaded the same way as for a music CD.......is that right?
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2009, 12:06:32 PM »

oh good NJ Sons Mom is on the job, she's more techie than I am !

Daughter sent me this today for grins and giggles, a friend of hers who nicknamed her dogs as the Canine Mafioso 

gotta laugh.........good thing I keep cookies lying around 

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2009, 12:08:14 PM »

I see the snark attacks continue and just won't stop.

For the record, again and again, it has been posted that no one has the right to demand personal information about another poster.  Certainly not the minute details of their job.  No poster should be required to divulge that just to satisfy some morbid curiosity.

Poster Kermit has never specified in what capacity she worked.  She has never given detailed explanation of any photos posted, whether they be specific or general or even an example.

I remember one was a presidential funeral and he/she said something like where she was in the crowd only, never anything specific.

No one is required to believe any or every thing posted by another.  We all make that choice.  But we do not all have to attack that poster every time they post and even on a personal level like this.  Feel free to disagree or present evidence to the contrary but to call that person and the whole forums liars, etc. is not going to be well received.  Nor should it be.

Example:  I don't believe a certain person involved in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway but yet I don't have to attack everybody who does and demand all kinds of personal information and call names to those who believe otherwise.

Attack the post and not the poster and present evidence to the contrary.  It's a pretty simple concept, really.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2009, 12:08:22 PM »

CBB, have you saved the spreadsheet to your CD? You should have software with a wizard to guide you through that process. If you look in your control panel, you should be able to recognize your USB/jump drive there - as well as if a CD is in either of the CD drives. Typically if you have two CD bays, one is a CD writer and the other is just to play a CD. It all depends upon the model too.

Look in your control panel to see what is being recognized, you should see a USB typically as a K drive or that's how I typically see mine across two laptop's or my desktop. That's the easiest way to save something to export IMO

The drives are just all listed and when I click on each of them, they tell me to insert a disc, which I have done.. 

I'm using a music CD............could that be the problem?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »

I hate this. Whatever happened to floppys and drive "A"?   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2009, 12:11:49 PM »

LDSTLOU - I feel you pain for your custody issues.  My husband and I sought custody of his 2 children a few years back!! In 2004, we finally got custody and in 2006 I was afforded the blessing of being able to adopt my children.

I can honestly say that it was one of the most difficult times of my life!!  The emotional tool it can take on you and your SON will be forever lasting!!

I will like to offer you some advice, I hope that is OK!!

From our experience, our Family Court System is not one to be proud of!  Lawyers, who claim to care about children, suddenly don't care if there is no money and judges have way too much power!!

Please do all your own homework!  Find out everything possible about your son's father and everyday!!  Don't rely on all old info!  Keep on him!!  Don't rely on your lawyer!

Also, the old saying of who you know is very true!! We had a well know known "mothers judge."  We were being eaten alive!!  After some research, we had no choice but to change lawyers and finally got the judge to recuse herself!!  We had tries several times, but she continued to refuse to do so.  Eventually, we got a much fairer Judge by hiring the "mother's judge" friend!  We did this so their would be a conflict of interest and she would be left no choice but to recuse herself!!  Our new attorney was very good and impressed with our homework!!

One last little bit info!! If your son's father makes more money, he has to help pay your legal bills.  Lawyers hate to do it because they typically have to a wait and fight for their money!  Although, we had to pay a substantial amount of her legal fees, it can be seen as a fair law.  Just because someone has more money should not afford them more legal power is the thinking behind this law!!   It outraged us, because - but not for her own actions, we would not be there!  Yet, this info has been handy for some of my friends that ex husbands loved dragging them to court - just to mess with them!!  Not so much fun, when they had to start paying!!   

If you need any help or advice, I am here here for you!!  Again, stay strong, keep your faith and trust your own instincts!! 

Mytime
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2009, 12:12:09 PM »

The drives are just all listed and when I click on each of them, they tell me to insert a disc, which I have done.. 

A data CD has more space but not sure what kind you have. Do you have a wizard that launches when you insert the CD? If so, you should be able to select "data" or "music"

For future reference the easiest is to have a rewriteable CD, they cost a bit more but you can delete and reload over and over.

I hope I'm not advising you incorrectly, NJ Sons Mom can you weigh in?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »

I see the snark attacks continue and just won't stop.

For the record, again and again, it has been posted that no one has the right to demand personal information about another poster.  Certainly not the minute details of their job.  No poster should be required to divulge that just to satisfy some morbid curiosity.

Poster Kermit has never specified in what capacity she worked.  She has never given detailed explanation of any photos posted, whether they be specific or general or even an example.

I remember one was a presidential funeral and he/she said something like where she was in the crowd only, never anything specific.

No one is required to believe any or every thing posted by another.  We all make that choice.  But we do not all have to attack that poster every time they post and even on a personal level like this.  Feel free to disagree or present evidence to the contrary but to call that person and the whole forums liars, etc. is not going to be well received.  Nor should it be.

Example:  I don't believe a certain person involved in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway but yet I don't have to attack everybody who does and demand all kinds of personal information and call names to those who believe otherwise.

Attack the post and not the poster and present evidence to the contrary.  It's a pretty simple concept, really.

POST OF THE DAY, ANNA!!!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »

Is the CD in the writer drawer?  On ours it's the second one.  My son just suggested the CD may not be recognized for whatever reason.  Do you have another to try? 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »

I think you know who I was referring to in regards to posting pics of their daughter and claiming they were the person in those pics. None, I don't know you well, but know you well enough to know you would never, ever do that, as with most Monkeys here, that was my whole point. Why would someone ever do that to their friends?

My point was also, that I love seeing Natalee's pic, I fell in love with this young lady I never met just the same as everyone else. I am glad to see her pic in your avi. That is what parents do, they post pics of their children to proclaim their loved ones, not to claim they ARE their loved ones.

I know there are extraordinary people who have struggles and step up to the plate everyday. I have always been honored to post beside the people I have met through Natalee's tragedy. My point was, I don't have time to sit on the phone conspiring to derail. You asked me if I have been on the phone this morning, and I answered you. I don't have the time or energy to do all of the conspiring I am accused of doing.

Once again, I don't pursue the family. 

#43 on: Today at 10:31:10 AM   ldstlou
I am done. When in the heck did I say NOT to focus on something???!!! Let me reiterate!!!! kermit is saying in one breath the family has Natalee's body and is hiding that fact from the world. In another breath that the ALE has her body and Kyle was complicit in that cover up. I am saying BULLSHIT to both!!!! Why am I saying bullshit? Because I asked Jug and gave you his answer...and you know I asked him Klaas. Now the references that I am a liar...and the family is lying...and I simply STATING!!!! what Jug asked me to convey to you all this morning...to pray and focus on van der straaten!!! I never once said what to discuss or not to discuss...with all due respect
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4209.40

FOR THE RECORD I NEVER SAID ANY SUCH THING. IDSTLOU PURPOSELY LIED.
And probably lied to Jug with her updates.

OTHER FORUM  MEMBERS CONFRONT IDSTLOU about kermit

Idstlou "Why do you want personal information on Kermit?"
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4340.420

]Idstlou other free birds have come forward and confirmed her statements.
Why even Jug seems to conflict with your own posts."

I still can't come close to expressing my thoughts when it comes to Idstlou's posts, so I am going to simply give up. I will say, Kermit, it was a difficult decision you made to share info with us. It took a person of great character and strength to do what was right. If it were possible, I would hug you and thank you in person. I am so sorry that you have been treated so poorly by some. In my book, you are a true hero. Thank you.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4460.520

I [THE LEAK] asked Jug about Schaeffer...he is the oil guy. He was the one that provided the cash to get down there. Silvetti knew he would get more business from Schaeffer if he mapped....while they were looking...the ocean floor.

Idstlou twists posters words around to fit HER AGENDA
Idstlou said: "It appears to me that kermit has a lot of credibility with some posters. It also appears to me part of the credibility stems from her taking down a president and working beside 2 other presidents. The only president I know that came close to being taken down was Nixon.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4340.msg609214#msg609214

kermit responded:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4340.msg609236#msg609236
Yes
Idstlou, yes I know all about what you think you know.
These are my own personal photos.

IDSTLOU CONTINUES WANTING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION:

I respond: "I'm not going to do that"
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4340.400

THEN BASTIBRO POSTS A PHOTO OF PRESIDENTS

bastibro
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #790 1/3/09 -
«
Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 06:05:19 PM »
Guess all of of us wanted to know so i have verified Kermit's Presidential connections
and indeed i found another pic who says a lot . .

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj176/bastibro/verwant/Kermie.jpg
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4344.msg611296#msg611296

NOW johann555 POSTS a photo of Richard Nixon said it was me
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4351.msg618311#msg618311

idstlou CONTINUES TO GIVE MIS-INFORMATION

Idstlou said: “They were working with two FBI agents from Barbados. The footage was turned over to them.”http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4340.560

Idstlou said: ”The footage WAS turned over to the FBI immediately.”http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4340.500

BUT that is not what JUG said:

LEAK said: "This comment was made by Jug during a recent phone conversation:
All of the stuff that Kermit posted
FBI did not know about it..."

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2009, 12:16:20 PM »

OK, I was able to download it to the flash drive, but my lappy can't handle it, so it' a CD or bust.

The CD is loaded the same way as for a music CD.......is that right?

Yep - make sure it is a CD and not a DVD - the look the same but the DVD will not work in some computers. Then you just do the same thing as when you save to your computer (in the save as section) then you should have a list of places to save it to. Choose the drive with the CD in it (it will recognize it almost immediately').  The other way is that if you have auto play enabled on your CD drive, when you put the CD in it will ask what you want to do - choose the burn to CD and choose the file to put on there.

Now, there is an easier way - do you have your computers networked (meaning can you get files from one to the other) or do you have a wireless home network? If you do, then you can just make the drive of the first computer (the one with the doc on it) shared and open in from the laptop to save it there.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
crazybabyborg
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2009, 12:16:22 PM »

A data CD has more space but not sure what kind you have. Do you have a wizard that launches when you insert the CD? If so, you should be able to select "data" or "music"

For future reference the easiest is to have a rewriteable CD, they cost a bit more but you can delete and reload over and over.

I hope I'm not advising you incorrectly, NJ Sons Mom can you weigh in?

No walk through the way I'm doing it, but I have Nero that I use for Music that does that. Let me see if I can go that way with any more success. Thanks, 2nj and Nonesy!

I'm sorry for the hijack................thanks again!! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

Boyzmom? Thank you too! All of you have given me new alternatives so I'm off to try again!!

Monkeys always come to the rescue!!!  THANK YOU ALL!!!     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.