May 04, 2024, 01:36:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #842 6/27/10 - 7/14/10  (Read 492172 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1620 on: July 10, 2010, 12:03:02 AM »

video at link is worth a watch even if you can not understand them as it has some interesting footage.  Can anyone tanslate what they are saying? 

http://surtitulares.com/rss-all/item/10802-abogados-extranjeros-llegar%C3%ADan-a-per%C3%BA-para-defender-a-holand%C3%A9s-joran-van-der-sloot

Our Channels Search Friday, July 9, 2010 22:56  July 9, 2010 16:19
Foreign lawyers come to Peru to defend Dutchman Joran van der Sloot Two foreign lawyers come to Lima to join the defense of the citizens Netherlands, Joran Van der Sloot, in case he follows the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores. One of the lawyers would be Joseph Tacopina, who brought the case in Aruba, Joran when he was involved in the crime of American Natalee Holloway. As is known, Van der Sloot in jail has refused to testify before the court. On the other hand, filed a habeas corpus, against Colonel Miguel Canlla and the police team that investigated for violating due process. This appeal was unsuccessful.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1621 on: July 10, 2010, 12:08:14 AM »

video at link is worth a watch even if you can not understand them as it has some interesting footage.  Can anyone tanslate what they are saying? 

http://surtitulares.com/rss-all/item/10802-abogados-extranjeros-llegar%C3%ADan-a-per%C3%BA-para-defender-a-holand%C3%A9s-joran-van-der-sloot

Foreign lawyers come to Peru to defend Dutchman Joran van der Sloot Two foreign lawyers come to Lima to join the defense of the citizens Netherlands, Joran Van der Sloot, in case he follows the murder of Peruvian Stephany Flores. One of the lawyers would be Joseph Tacopina, who brought the case in Aruba, Joran when he was involved in the crime of American Natalee Holloway. As is known, Van der Sloot in jail has refused to testify before the court. On the other hand, filed a habeas corpus, against Colonel Miguel Canlla and the police team that investigated for violating due process. This appeal was unsuccessful.

Funny, everyone keeps saying JoeT is going to Peru except JoeT.  LOL
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1622 on: July 10, 2010, 12:26:48 AM »

Funny, everyone keeps saying JoeT is going to Peru except JoeT.  LOL

Well, he has already had Les Levine out there speaking on Anita's behalf and Les is Joe's boy.
I believe that he does have a hand in the mix somehow, even if he is just directing things behind the
curtain.  It would be so unlike Joe Tacopina to remain behind the scenes.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1623 on: July 10, 2010, 12:30:13 AM »

I just received this message from Joe T

Sorry Dana...I am not doing interviews but let me state that I am NOT going to peru and am not working on the case in peru. How these rumors get started is beyond me.
J

Joseph Tacopina, Esq.

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1624 on: July 10, 2010, 12:36:42 AM »

Peru: Van der Sloot's defense tries to release him

LivinginPeru.com
Isabel Guerra

Despite having confessed to killing Stephany Flores, Dutch national Joran van der Sloot is requesting to the Peruvian Justice the right of facing his legal process out of the prison.

His defense appealed the arrest warrant that the Peruvian justice issued to jail van der Sloot at maximum security prison Miguel Castro Castro, where he is at present.

In Peru, all lawyers make this appeal for their defendants, trying to obtain what Peruvian laws call mandato de comparecencia (defendants are set free but need to stay in Lima and attend court every week) or house arrest.

Van der Sloot's appeal will be evaluated by the court in the next few days, although Peruvian legal experts consulted by LivinginPeru.com remark that it is likely that it will be denied.

Two foreigner lawyers may be arriving in Lima tomorrow, July 9, to join van der Sloot's defense; one of these is Joe Tacopina, who also worked for Michael Jackson.

Van der Sloot confessed to killing Stephany Flores, but now has chosen to remain silent until his lawyers arrive to Peru.

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-12619-law-and-order-peru-van-der-sloots-defense-tries-release-him
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1625 on: July 10, 2010, 01:01:02 AM »

Sorry Dana...I am not doing interviews but let me state that I am NOT going to peru and am not working on the case in peru. How these rumors get started is beyond me.
J

Joseph Tacopina, Esq.

BUMPED

We all know better than to believe Joe Tacopina.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1626 on: July 10, 2010, 01:10:37 AM »

J

Joseph Tacopina, Esq.

BUMPED

We all know better than to believe Joe Tacopina.

I have more faith in the truth from  Paul the octopus than Taco pinhead. 
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1627 on: July 10, 2010, 01:10:56 AM »

Sleuth - that's about the way it is too!  lol

The whole thing is so sad though.

We're keeping our spirits up in spite of it:

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/06/jimmy_buffett_performs_surpris.html

ONO - were you there?  Either way, that was a nice surprise event. Hopefully this weekend's new cap will be better.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1628 on: July 10, 2010, 01:43:53 AM »

Stefany had a pretty wild and crazy youth.  I know she could clarify much of what Joran, Deepak and Satish were up to with the tourist girls. 

Yeah - and it wouldn't be second-hand knowledge.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1629 on: July 10, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »

Stefany had a pretty wild and crazy youth.  I know she could clarify much of what Joran, Deepak and Satish were up to with the tourist girls. 

Yeah - and it wouldn't be second-hand knowledge.

One thing that shocks me is that if she's telling the truth about her birthday, she'll turn 20 on September 1st.

I knew she was young but I thought she was older than that!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1630 on: July 10, 2010, 02:21:59 AM »

Maybe Taco Joe is on board for the extortion case - if there's money in it.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
FrankC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1631 on: July 10, 2010, 02:51:55 AM »

As everyone probably knows, in the US defendants are usually released on bail pending trial.  One of the exceptions to that rule is when there is a "risk of flight" by the accused; i.e. not returning for trial.

JVDS is the epitome on a flight risk - he is not a resident of Peru and has no assets there; he has already escaped to Chile and had to be arrested there and extradited back to Peru; he has no Peruvian passport which could be revoked, etc.  The list goes on and on.  In the US he would have virtually no chance of bail.

From what little I've read about Peruvian law, Peru seems to be at least as strict as the US.  So his lawyers can ask for anything they want, but I would say their chances are zero.

Another point: Earlier on of JVDS's attorneys said that were going to use stalling tactics, or words to that effect.  In the US, that would lead to severe sanctions against the lawyer, although probably not until after the trial.  In Peru, I suppose it may be permissible.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1632 on: July 10, 2010, 02:58:20 AM »

As everyone probably knows, in the US defendants are usually released on bail pending trial.  One of the exceptions to that rule is when there is a "risk of flight" by the accused; i.e. not returning for trial.

JVDS is the epitome on a flight risk - he is not a resident of Peru and has no assets there; he has already escaped to Chile and had to be arrested there and extradited back to Peru; he has no Peruvian passport which could be revoked, etc.  The list goes on and on.  In the US he would have virtually no chance of bail.

From what little I've read about Peruvian law, Peru seems to be at least as strict as the US.  So his lawyers can ask for anything they want, but I would say their chances are zero.

Another point: Earlier on of JVDS's attorneys said that were going to use stalling tactics, or words to that effect.  In the US, that would lead to severe sanctions against the lawyer, although probably not until after the trial.  In Peru, I suppose it may be permissible.
Rest assured -- Joran is going nowhere!  He will never leave Peru alive.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1633 on: July 10, 2010, 06:04:43 AM »

Rest assured -- Joran is going nowhere!  He will never leave Peru alive.

Peru will have no problem finding a banana for Anita's little monkey. LOL

Flip was THE MAN!

... Joran is burnt toast. The kind you have to spend raking for 10 minutes with a butter knife over the sink... to get all of the charcoal off.  ...and it still doesn't do the trick...
...and you're all like: oh, I have to throw this away, it can't be fixed. doh!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1634 on: July 10, 2010, 09:33:14 AM »

Sleuth - that's about the way it is too!  lol

The whole thing is so sad though.

We're keeping our spirits up in spite of it:

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/06/jimmy_buffett_performs_surpris.html

ONO - were you there?  Either way, that was a nice surprise event. Hopefully this weekend's new cap will be better.

No-wish I had been tho.  Sunday is the big event that everyone is really excited about & looking forward to--will do wonders to boost our spirits & take our minds off of our troubles, albiet briefly.  Thanks for asking.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1635 on: July 10, 2010, 10:07:15 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/19559-resultado-investigacion-landsrecherche-tocante-senor-j-van-der-straten.html

Papiamentu translation:

result investigacion landsrecherche tocante sir j. van der straten

friday, 09 july 2010 15:54

procurador-general is informa cu for by the investigacion by hechonan (feitenonderzoek) inquiry cu landsrecherche owing to haci on her peticion by expresionnan by ex-minister by husticia, sir h.r. croes, tocante the ex-comisario by police, sir j. van der straten, not owing to remain estableci cu the supuesto relacion by van der straten cu family van der sloot owing to influencia negativamente the investigacion penal relaciona cu desaparicion by natalee holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1636 on: July 10, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

7/10/2010 Awe Mainta Page 2

Papiamentu translation:

owing to remain constata cu jan van der straten not had neither relacion cu family van der sloot

procurador-general, mr. robert f. pietersz owing to informa cu for by the investigation by hechonan (inquiry) cu landsrecherche owing to haci on cu peticion by ex-presionnan by ex-minister by husticia, senor h.r. (rudy)croes, tocante ex-comisario by police, senor jan van der straten, not owing to remain estableci cu the supuesto relacion by van der straten cu family van der sloot owing to influencia negativamente the investigacion penal relaciona cu desaparicion by natalee holloway.

till here the declaracion by ministerio publico, but cu have to say cu past did take very time before arrive n'e conclusion here.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1637 on: July 10, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »

My son has a godmother that is not related to him either.  Just saying.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1638 on: July 10, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »

After nine months of dotting i's, that sure was short and sweet.  And BS imo.

Not that I really expected anything more.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1639 on: July 10, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »

It's all about tourism...& his tuition is covered by??

NAPA Thunder Nationals: Aruba's Trevor Eman world's fastest ambassador
Published: Saturday, July 10, 2010, 9:30 AM
 Jayson Bussa | Kalamazoo Gazette

Mark Bugnaski | Kalamazoo Gazette
Drag racing driver Trevor Eman was born in Aruba and his homeland is the lone sponsor of his Mountain Motor Pro Stock Association machine that he is competing in this weekend in the NAPA Thunder Nationals U.S.-131 Motorsports Park.

MARTIN — Trevor Eman is not just a driver, he’s an ambassador.

While the 23-year-old Pro Stock pilot out of Orlando, Fla. admits that his goal and chief duty is to win races, there is one objective Eman treats as a higher priority.

“Some of these guys are just concentrating on their race cars,” Eman said. “That’s not really our goal here. Our goal is to promote Aruba and do well while we’re here. We’re still missing that big win.”

Team Aruba certainly does an effective job promoting the Caribbean Island where Eman was born and raised, The group drives around the country in a brightly colored trailer with www.Aruba.com splashed across the side and Eman’s native flag waving.

The colorful hauler is in the pits at US-131 Motorsports Park for the weekend while Eman and the field of Mountain Motor Pro Stock Association drivers square off in the NAPA Thunder Nationals.

“We’re basically sponsored by the government of Aruba to promote the country through their website,” said Eman, a senior mechanical engineering major at the University of Central Florida. “Aruba is a tourist destination. The economy of Aruba relies mostly on tourism.”

Team Aruba started running in the states in 2004. Eman made the move because he wanted to pursue an engineering degree and most colleges in Aruba specialize in medicine, law and hospitality management.

“I moved over here for schooling, but it got kind of boring doing nothing but school work,” Eman said as he grinned. “I needed to do some racing on the side.”

Originally, Eman and his crew started racing on a trial basis, not expecting they would still be running today. Despite failing to win a professional race, Eman and Co. continue to chug along.

“My interest (in racing) wouldn’t be as high if we weren’t here racing under the Aruba flag,” Eman said. “It’s nice to have the support of people back home. We’ll get a phone call here and there from people saying ‘Great job’ or ‘We’re behind you.’ ”

Canadian driver John Konigshofer is another member of the MMPSA’s field of international drivers. Konigshofer, who came to the U.S. to face elevated competition after peaking out in his own country, said he admires Eman’s crusade.

“He’s doing a great thing for his country and their tourism,” Konigshofer said.

While the heavy humidity in Martin this week is a far cry from island climate, in the eyes of his fellow drivers, Eman has brought a taste of the Caribbean to the pits.

“They’re a great group of guys to race against and first-class guys off the race track,” two-time world champion Brian Gahm said of Team Aruba. “It’s good to see the palm tress (painted on their trailer) and stuff like that. It’s good to have them here. It really is.”