May 22, 2024, 06:29:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #14 2/2 -2/5/09  (Read 176437 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #540 on: February 03, 2009, 09:31:43 PM »

Keepthefaith - CnG is an invite only forum.  Only members can read, unlike SM.  Now, within the members only forum are secret hidey holes where only special members are allowed to read. 

I know Klaas.Am i missing something?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: February 03, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »

Klaas is well way of who did what to whom.  She has been very gracious about it all!!  Many of you have voiced you opinions and feelings but if we attack eachother here, we are only letting Mrsk win!!  This is what she wants!!  Don't give it to her!!

Just one more question - and I expect it will not be popular but lets just be honest!! How many here have got mad at a sister, brother, mother, or even our husbands or boyfriends - and have got on the phone with a friend and vented about them.  Some may have even said harsh things in the heat of the moment. How many say things in an arguement with our spouces  - that we are later sorry for and may not have even meant??

Again, I am not excusing it!!  But that was kinda like it was for some.  Does that make sense??  It was wrong - some have apologized - some people were not even away of what was all going on!!  So, please dont judge everyone for going there!! If you want to judge me for the my mistakes - the truthful ones, I completely understand.  But don't judge me based on "their" lies!!

Thanks Klaas  - I can't stop singing Cher now!   And, trust me, I dont have a voice like hers!!   

I do not judge everyone for going there.

Some people are very kind and forgiving.  I am not that type of person.  Over the years I have seen people come and go and bash SM.  I do not forgive and I do not forget the bad things they did and said.

Good evening San.  Klaas said she got an email from you and something about a "zippered mouth". 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: February 03, 2009, 09:34:23 PM »

BB I certainly am not "forcing" you to deal with it. I don't think BT was "forced" either. She just wants to be welcome at any and all forums and that's a pretty naive perspective in light of the level this has denigrated to. I didn't whine and moan about having to close a forum I did only for fun and O/T. I closed it, even over the slams and objections of some, for the issues at the GOLD MONKEY forum spilled over into it.

So should SM close to please carnut? How much is enough? Does he own the internet?

All valid questions to ask of clearly irrational people.

I am not aware of which forum you are referencing. I was not a member or privy to this place. I can not say how it was effected by that which occured a GM. I am sorry you had to deal with anything that spilled over.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #543 on: February 03, 2009, 09:37:01 PM »

Serious question..and im seriously wondering.....if some of you were aware of it there and love it here and the people here..why was I the ONLY ONE that when I DID finally post in the SM thread in CNG i was defending SM?? Some of you had to see where it was stated by OBS he expects members to spread the lies of Klaas and sm? Why was I the ONLY one that actually said I would NOT do it and didnt think that was part of being a member? aND  would have no part of it??  There were many people signed in that night, why is most sat on thier hands and didnt defend the people and place they now say they love?

No wonder i felt i was alone there..........
No Sea Monkey, I would leave you to hang alone, I was never approached by anyone there to do anything.
always1- it was POSTED out in the OPEN on the sm thread in cng to ME what he expected from his members...he said Members of there...meaning adressing ALL members.....for all to see...no one found it appalling enough to even say anything about it BUT ME.
Really, cause I promise I never saw it.  But I never stayed in there like I do here.  I am on dial up so couldnt go to chat......
  Was this something that was posted in the last few weeks?  I promise I never saw anything like that either 

No actually i wasnt addressing anyone but the ones that actually saw that and post here in sm. I wanted an answer from them...not to be told someone would let me hang on my own just because they werent approached to do anything...to me that speaks volumes...i didnt need to know that...but i do now and will remember it...i was only addressing the ones that actually saw it and could answer it..
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: February 03, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »

Klaas is well way of who did what to whom.  She has been very gracious about it all!!  Many of you have voiced you opinions and feelings but if we attack eachother here, we are only letting Mrsk win!!  This is what she wants!!  Don't give it to her!!

Just one more question - and I expect it will not be popular but lets just be honest!! How many here have got mad at a sister, brother, mother, or even our husbands or boyfriends - and have got on the phone with a friend and vented about them.  Some may have even said harsh things in the heat of the moment. How many say things in an arguement with our spouces  - that we are later sorry for and may not have even meant??

Again, I am not excusing it!!  But that was kinda like it was for some.  Does that make sense??  It was wrong - some have apologized - some people were not even away of what was all going on!!  So, please dont judge everyone for going there!! If you want to judge me for the my mistakes - the truthful ones, I completely understand.  But don't judge me based on "their" lies!!

Thanks Klaas  - I can't stop singing Cher now!   And, trust me, I dont have a voice like hers!!   

Some people are very kind and forgiving.  I am not that type of person.  Over the years I have seen people come and go and bash SM.  I do not forgive and I do not forget the bad things they did and said.

Good evening San.  Klaas said she got an email from you and something about a "zippered mouth". 

I unzipped it for a minute 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: February 03, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »

I have tried to sit on my hands for the last week so but having posted in the lounge and then reading here.......

I have been in chat many nights at GM and have to agree with BT the chats are benign. Major topics there hobbies, work, ills.......

and forum "wars" today and hidey holes that started a war with mrskub to begin with. Sorry I can't see all of this as "benign".

I repeat, it needs to stop.

none ... once again you and I are one.  Any aspect of that forum is not "benign".  The underlying motivation of anything that appears to be "benign" is to undermine the SM site.

Bleachedblack ... I am going to be the devil's advocate with my question.  Would you stay two minutes on that forum without defending or leaving if it were your loved one who was being bashed?  In my world ... loyalties are more far reaching that just family.

Sincerely, Janet.

I would have to say NO. If bashing were the norm I would leave. You have used the analogy of a family and in keeping with that, if someone say at GM, in chat, expressed a differing opinion then mine I would respect that. In the same way as others in my family do not all need to think alike. Nor would I feel the need to "win"them over to my way of thinking.

Not me!  Bashing of MY family and MY friends implies either a challenge from me and/or ... I am gone from the environment ... lickity split.

Hey ... I can have issues with the actions and words of family members.  I can have issues with the actions and words of friends.  I do not have problem considering my words and relating my displeasure to them but ... out of loyalty ... I will not tolerate ANYBODY bashing them.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: February 03, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »

BB I certainly am not "forcing" you to deal with it. I don't think BT was "forced" either. She just wants to be welcome at any and all forums and that's a pretty naive perspective in light of the level this has denigrated to. I didn't whine and moan about having to close a forum I did only for fun and O/T. I closed it, even over the slams and objections of some, for the issues at the GOLD MONKEY forum spilled over into it.

So should SM close to please carnut? How much is enough? Does he own the internet?

I am not aware of which forum you are referencing. I was not a member or privy to this place. I can not say how it was effected by that which occured a GM. I am sorry you had to deal with anything that spilled over.

BB it wasn't a rocking place, just a silly place but one I trusted others to maintain while I had to travel for work. I am frankly surprised you weren't invited to join by someone who spent mountains of time at carnut's chat. I didn't exclude anyone, many SM posters joined there at one time, including Mrs Red ! When issues began to spill over from GM and members were turned inactive, namely those who left GM, yes I stepped in to stop it. No huge explosion, no forum "war", I just closed it.

I chose for it to stop and I did my part to ensure it stopped. Carnut just enjoys pulling all the strings and I can't respect that, I find nothing humorous in it.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: February 03, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »

Keepthefaith - CnG is an invite only forum.  Only members can read, unlike SM.  Now, within the members only forum are secret hidey holes where only special members are allowed to read. 

No, I thought you asked Seamonkey if it was an open forum like SM and I just wanted to clarify.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: February 03, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »

I unzipped it for a minute 

I've always said you never mince words.  That's what I like about ya.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #549 on: February 03, 2009, 09:49:07 PM »

Seamonkey - not all people are "fighters."  They just can't!!  I have friends like this and at one time it would have really offended me - but today - I accept that and understand it!!  One of my friends even breaks out into hives when people are fighting!!  (Boy, does her husband have it made!!  LOL)

Do you really think it was easy for me to defend BT here?  It wasnt!!   

But I am trying to make all my wrongs right!!  Even if it is a hard thing to do!!  She has always been nice to me - and I thought I owed her one!!  I would stick up for you too!!  But if you were mean to me - I wouldn't expect anyone but me to fight my battle!!   I am fairly confident that I can hold my own!!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #550 on: February 03, 2009, 09:52:49 PM »

No, I thought you asked Seamonkey if it was an open forum like SM and I just wanted to clarify.

I thought SeaMonkey said that there was a thread that was open to everyone who was a member regarding what was being said here!Then they made it private!No biggy.I stand with the Monkey's.I'm waiting to see if TS has the audacity to show their mug again!I always had a feeling..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #551 on: February 03, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »

Klaas - did you miss my post about my phone message from DES?? It is good one!!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: February 03, 2009, 09:54:30 PM »

If you are a monkey and post at other forums and you see Klaas or Red or other monkey's being bashed at that other forum do you remain silent?  And if you remain silent is it because you agree or  think you are just allowing them their opinion if you do don't agree with it.   If you disagree with it, your silence is actually a form of agreement.  I had a monkey email me saying Klaas was being bashed at a forum they were posting on and they were upset because that poster also posts at SM.  The monkey didn't want to say anything openly on either forum because they had friends at both forums and didn't want to be in the middle of a fight.  Nice.  NOT  Some want to have it both ways.  I have no problem with others posting on other forums.  I do have a problem with those that post on forums that bash my friends here at SM and then come here and post among us all like no big deal.  That poster that emailed me didn't have the courage, fortitude or backbone to stand up for Klaas and say they disagreed or say it wasn't right.  Who needs friends like that?  Some say they don't want a fight.  Is standing up and saying "I don't agree" or saying "that isn't nice to say about someone" fighting?  I would rather have one good friend that will have my back then a hundred who say they are my friend but turn away when there is trouble.  No, I don't think Seamonkey should hang alone.  Whatever happened to loyalty?  I'm not saying anyone has to choose one forum over another.  But look at what is around you.  That is why I posted earlier "you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas".  You are judged by the company you keep.  I wouldn't belong to another forum that encouraged bashing of Klaas and Red.  I may not always agree with them, but bash them?  Never.  Have you ever heard the saying "Dance with those that brung you?"  I miss chat too, but I wouldn't even begin to go to a chat on a site like CnG  that condones bashing of Klaas and Red.  For those of you that say you just went there for the chat, is chat worth that much to you?  That you would stand by and let others bash the admin at SM so you can chat, and then you come over here and say maybe that stuff goes on, but I don't see it or I don't really know?   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: February 03, 2009, 09:54:34 PM »

BB it wasn't a rocking place, just a silly place but one I trusted others to maintain while I had to travel for work. I am frankly surprised you weren't invited to join by someone who spent mountains of time at carnut's chat. I didn't exclude anyone, many SM posters joined there at one time, including Mrs Red ! When issues began to spill over from GM and members were turned inactive, namely those who left GM, yes I stepped in to stop it. No huge explosion, no forum "war", I just closed it.

I chose for it to stop and I did my part to ensure it stopped. Carnut just enjoys pulling all the strings and I can't respect that, I find nothing humorous in it.

I might be wrong Nones-sorry I might know of it, just never went there if it was Daisy's?  I truly am sorry if that is the place and this all affected it.

Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #554 on: February 03, 2009, 09:56:40 PM »

Seamonkey - not all people are "fighters."  They just can't!!  I have friends like this and at one time it would have really offended me - but today - I accept that and understand it!!  One of my friends even breaks out into hives when people are fighting!!  (Boy, does her husband have it made!!  LOL)

Do you really think it was easy for me to defend BT here?  It wasnt!!   

But I am trying to make all my wrongs right!!  Even if it is a hard thing to do!!  She has always been nice to me - and I thought I owed her one!!  I would stick up for you too!!  But if you were mean to me - I wouldn't expect anyone but me to fight my battle!!   I am fairly confident that I can hold my own!!

What fight?? No one was fighting. I was defending. I told you last night if I was to fight , there would be NO questioning it is a fight. I have been calm, believe it or not in answering things and my postings. However yeah i get a little riled when i see people constantly bring up or butt into things they have no clue about and only going on other peoples words...or wanting to push buttons they obviously KNOW they are pushing in a passive agressive manner then coming off as the wounded lil puppy that got kicked to people who wouldnt know any better of what has gone on.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: February 03, 2009, 10:01:52 PM »

If you are a monkey and post at other forums and you see Klaas or Red or other monkey's being bashed at that other forum do you remain silent?  And if you remain silent is it because you agree or  think you are just allowing them their opinion if you do don't agree with it.   If you disagree with it, your silence is actually a form of agreement.  I had a monkey email me saying Klaas was being bashed at a forum they were posting on and they were upset because that poster also posts at SM.  The monkey didn't want to say anything openly on either forum because they had friends at both forums and didn't want to be in the middle of a fight.  Nice.  NOT  Some want to have it both ways.  I have no problem with others posting on other forums.  I do have a problem with those that post on forums that bash my friends here at SM and then come here and post among us all like no big deal.  That poster that emailed me didn't have the courage, fortitude or backbone to stand up for Klaas and say they disagreed or say it wasn't right.  Who needs friends like that?  Some say they don't want a fight.  Is standing up and saying "I don't agree" or saying "that isn't nice to say about someone" fighting?  I would rather have one good friend that will have my back then a hundred who say they are my friend but turn away when there is trouble.  No, I don't think Seamonkey should hang alone.  Whatever happened to loyalty?  I'm not saying anyone has to choose one forum over another.  But look at what is around you.  That is why I posted earlier "you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas".  You are judged by the company you keep.  I wouldn't belong to another forum that encouraged bashing of Klaas and Red.  I may not always agree with them, but bash them?  Never.  Have you ever heard the saying "Dance with those that brung you?"  I miss chat too, but I wouldn't even begin to go to a chat on a site like CnG  that condones bashing of Klaas and Red.  For those of you that say you just went there for the chat, is chat worth that much to you?  That you would stand by and let others bash the admin at SM so you can chat, and then you come over here and say maybe that stuff goes on, but I don't see it or I don't really know?   

Agree Muffy.  Character counts, trust matters.
I just hope some have found what they are looking for and have learned some valuable lessons.

Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #556 on: February 03, 2009, 10:02:07 PM »

well said..and ty.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: February 03, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »

Muffy not sure if you are talking to me-don't think so- but i will answer that I am not now nor have I ever been a member at CnG-so can't really speak to what goes on in their chat. I have been here at SM's since June 05 and that should speak somewhat to where my feelings are. As for GM I do belong to that forum-as I think you are aware.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: February 03, 2009, 10:07:04 PM »

Right now what I am seeing is damage control.  And I think some are thinking back about some of their posts.  I hope they are wondering who may have made a screen capture of what they posted.  Never post anything anywhere you don't want the whole world to see.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: February 03, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »

I thought SeaMonkey said that there was a thread that was open to everyone who was a member regarding what was being said here!Then they made it private!No biggy.I stand with the Monkey's.I'm waiting to see if TS has the audacity to show their mug again!I always had a feeling..

That is correct

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.