May 17, 2024, 12:24:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #670 7/31 - 8/01/2007  (Read 234645 times)
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2007, 01:01:08 AM »

Night Night to all monkeys heading for the treetops.
It is 3 pm here and I am off to the shops.  BBL to see if I have missed anything  Cool
Goodnight Tibro and others that are going. Right behind you here as it is 1:00 am.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2007, 01:03:04 AM »

Nite Destiny, Lala's, Tibro and anyone else calling it a night (day), lol
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #342 on: August 01, 2007, 01:32:28 AM »

Good Nite Klaas.. sleep tite!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #343 on: August 01, 2007, 02:11:48 AM »

If I may peek my head in (please withhold your tomato tossing or applause until the end)...  Cool

Two items I would like to bring to your attention.

One, at the very very bottom of the page, there is now a tiny piece of black text that will give you some debug information. It tells you how long it took the server to create the page and start sending it to you.

If you are experiencing slow load times in the forum, please copy that information and e-mail it to me at dugga@scaredmonkeys.com - BUT PLEASE - ONLY DO THIS IF THE LOAD TIME THAT IS INDICATED IS GREATER THAN FIVE SECONDS.

It works like this... If the load time on your end is slow, that number will indicate whether it's our fault or not. If it says it took 20 seconds to create the page, then OK, it's on our end. But if it says something more like "Page created in 0.186 seconds", well, 2/10ths of a second is a reasonable amount of time to perform 17 queries on the hardware we're equipped with.

What I'm saying is that if the load time at the bottom of the page is fast, but it takes 20 seconds to deliver a page to you, then the problem is NOT on our end, and there's nothing we can do about it. At that point, it's either a problem with the network where we're housed (which rarely occurs, but recently did take us out for almost a whole day). OR the problem is on your end (comcast, aol, etc), or most likely there's a "transient error" in between which basically means that the route your computer is trying to take to Scared Monkeys and back has a traffic jam or complete outage somewhere in between that has to be repaired. Any of these three scenarios (over which Red and I have no control) will most likely fix themselves in time. If, however, you see a large time at the bottom of the message board pages, then point the finger at Dugga and I will work to get it straightened out.

As a final note, I did discover that part of our new server was not correctly configured by the company that we're leasing from. I fixed that tonight - so if that was the problem all along, hooray. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: August 01, 2007, 02:15:08 AM »

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2007, 02:17:28 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL!  Thanks Dugga!
crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2007, 02:18:44 AM »

If I may peek my head in (please withhold your tomato tossing or applause until the end)...  Cool

Two items I would like to bring to your attention.

One, at the very very bottom of the page, there is now a tiny piece of black text that will give you some debug information. It tells you how long it took the server to create the page and start sending it to you.

If you are experiencing slow load times in the forum, please copy that information and e-mail it to me at dugga@scaredmonkeys.com - BUT PLEASE - ONLY DO THIS IF THE LOAD TIME THAT IS INDICATED IS GREATER THAN FIVE SECONDS.

It works like this... If the load time on your end is slow, that number will indicate whether it's our fault or not. If it says it took 20 seconds to create the page, then OK, it's on our end. But if it says something more like "Page created in 0.186 seconds", well, 2/10ths of a second is a reasonable amount of time to perform 17 queries on the hardware we're equipped with.

What I'm saying is that if the load time at the bottom of the page is fast, but it takes 20 seconds to deliver a page to you, then the problem is NOT on our end, and there's nothing we can do about it. At that point, it's either a problem with the network where we're housed (which rarely occurs, but recently did take us out for almost a whole day). OR the problem is on your end (comcast, aol, etc), or most likely there's a "transient error" in between which basically means that the route your computer is trying to take to Scared Monkeys and back has a traffic jam or complete outage somewhere in between that has to be repaired. Any of these three scenarios (over which Red and I have no control) will most likely fix themselves in time. If, however, you see a large time at the bottom of the message board pages, then point the finger at Dugga and I will work to get it straightened out.

As a final note, I did discover that part of our new server was not correctly configured by the company that we're leasing from. I fixed that tonight - so if that was the problem all along, hooray. 

Thanks Dugga.  We really appreciate all you help!  I am sending you a banana split!
crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #347 on: August 01, 2007, 02:19:21 AM »

Good night Klaas.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: August 01, 2007, 03:59:53 AM »

Dugga - thank you for the advice.  As one of the  monkeys that had the "Server not Found" message many times and pages loading very slowly today I have to say that they have speeded up considerably and it may have coincided with your configuration.
Thank you for all your help and the work you have put in to give us this wonderful new forum.

BTW - we only throw banana peels  Cool

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #349 on: August 01, 2007, 06:33:43 AM »

We sure could use some solid news!

Has Dave been in anymore chats, or anything?  I wonder how the FBI is helping with this.  Are they just a conduit between the Dutch cops and the family?

Is it right that we are now waiting for something to happen with:

Kalpoe vs. McGraw
TES deepwater search
Dutch cops to return to Aruba in September
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2007, 06:39:30 AM »

Plus, Beth's book in October!
spooky112483
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: August 01, 2007, 07:07:23 AM »

Dugga? or Red? or Klaas? Just an idea...I know a lot of us are sports fans and post in the football thread so I was thinking maybe we could put a "Sports" area in the pop culture area? Then we could make different threads ourselves for different sports? I just thought it might do well in a place all its own instead of buried in the lounge? Like the political fourum?? Just a thought.

"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
Arubagate2005
Go Lakers!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: August 01, 2007, 07:40:08 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
24ora
http://www.24ora.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #353 on: August 01, 2007, 08:25:32 AM »

The current synopses through Chapter 15 of the World According to Joran shows that guy won't quit lying any time, any place, anywhere. Why a publisher would publish his loser drek can only be questioned. At least it's self-limiting - it's in Dutch.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #354 on: August 01, 2007, 08:34:13 AM »

The current synopses through Chapter 15 of the World According to Joran shows that guy won't quit lying any time, any place, anywhere. Why a publisher would publish his loser drek can only be questioned. At least it's self-limiting - it's in Dutch.

Can you give me a quick synopsis?  I don’t want to dredge through ALL of that crap.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2007, 08:54:42 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys - Going Back to catch up...and Working and Lurking...

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2007, 09:08:17 AM »

Can you give me a quick synopsis?  I don’t want to dredge through ALL of that crap.

Currently mama's sporter relates substance use in KIA and how he beat the early AM pee test with someone else's, and how he can't have anything to read including mama's bible he boasted of but mentions reading like we saw him doing in his open cell and that the newspaper was delivered to him each night. Maybe it was ElDiario because 27 July he disparaged something "Jossy" had to say in an article.

You want it summed up? Basically how easily the MasterHuman psychopath always beats the System
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2007, 09:11:30 AM »

Just wanted to say "Hi" to GrannyToad! Longtime no see! Very Happy Cool

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #358 on: August 01, 2007, 09:38:32 AM »

Good morning.

Working and lurking.

Trying to get caught up.  It seems harder now than it used to be. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #359 on: August 01, 2007, 09:41:55 AM »

Good Morning Leslie, Easy, GrannyToad, & Wreck-

My pages are loading much faster today  Very Happy and Wreck I've been a Granny fan a long time too! I used to travel incognito in the chat @ BFN just to hear her insights until MIP6 and Reality began running the show over there.

I had an email this morning with some interesting posts in it by Native Lingo - is anyone else seeing her posts? Her username has shown up on some really disgusting sites, have to wonder if she even realizes her travels around the web have been tracked? *shivers* major cooties

My morning rally for our Peaches

Work is calling, gotta go hi-ho !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.