May 17, 2024, 07:39:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PALIN WAR: TEEN PREGO CRISIS  (Read 7396 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 06:36:55 PM »

Palin’s ongoing war with her ex brother-in-law Mike Wooten, a state trooper

I watched his interview and Mike Wooten admitted to the journalist that he did tazer his step-son because he asked him about the tazer and wanted to be tazered. WHAT the hoot'n nanny kind of father would tazer his son! in my humble opinion. So if Palin is trying to stop the jerk from being involved with her family then so be it! He's proved he is unfit.

I stopped listening after that admission. It has been reported he shot a moose, against the law and for drinking while driving. I say his ex-wife had good reason to divorce him.

Kermit

In my opinion the police force was justified in firing this guy in regards to the taser gun incident.  Why would the union defend him?

Janet

State Probing Palin's Troopergate
Investigators Examine If Public Safety Firing Were Justified
WASILLA, Alaska, Sept. 3, 2008

John Cyr runs the Public Safety Employees Association that represents Wooten. Cyr’s organization is planning to file a new round of ethics complaints against the Palin administration related to the firing of Monegan. He says the national spotlight on the four-year-old issue is quite a change, "I don’t have a strategy, I am the executive of a little union at the fringe of the earth," Cyr told CBS News.

And Cyr notes that according to his records, Wooten has not had a formal complaint filed against him in his eight years as a trooper with the exception of the raft of complaints from the Palin family. He says his office handles about 40 serious trooper complaints each year.

According to The Associated Press, the Palin family accused Wooten of drinking a beer while in his patrol car, illegal hunting and taser-ing his 11-year-old stepson. They also claimed Wooten threatened to kill Sarah Palin's father.

“He is 6 foot 5 and goes 285 - which is not bad if you are an Alaska state trooper, but it doesn’t make you exactly sympathetic in the eyes of the public,” Cyr told CBS News.

But while Wooten has support of the union, one Alaska trooper who did not want to be named tells CBS News in his opinion the accusations against Wooten reflect negatively on all troopers, "Wooten had been making extremely poor decisions and I would never want to work with the guy.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/03/cbsnews_investigates/main4413750.shtml

Good ol boys club maybe. But I agree with you, this guy should not be part of the force.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 10:17:43 PM »

Since this topic is called PALIN WAR: TEEN PREGO CRISIS, I will post on that topic.

I was very disturbed about how Bristol's pregnancy was presented. She's 5 months pregnant and will marry the father later on. Hello? What about sex education and birth control pills? I think Sarah is out of touch. I read/heard that Alaska does not teach sex education in school.

This is my story:

When my daughter was 8 years old (3rd grade) in elementary school, I was called to the Principal's office because the teacher found notes sent between my daughter and a boy regarding blow jobs. It turned out she took the boy to my mother's apartment (when she knew my mother was away) and did the deed. I was astonished that 8 year olds were heavily into sex. I never told my mother about it and did not take the key away from my daughter. I lectured her. When she was 12 and was going to spend the summer with her irresponsible father in New York City, I took her to the OBGYN and got birth controls pills for her. To me, taking a pill is much more practical than getting pregnant. 

I know what I'm talking about. I got pregnant at 16 in 1961. I did not want to marry the boyfriend so I spent the summer months at home and then I was sent to a Salvation home for unwed mothers for the last three months. A social worker visited me every week. She was very nice but her goal was to get my baby. I wanted to keep him but my mother said, "You are 16 and still in high school. I have a job. Who would/could take care of the baby? If you quit high school to take care of the baby, you will be uneducated and no man will ever marry you. I had no choice. I had no money, no job, no nothing and I was under control of my mother.

I gave birth alone, in a labor room with several other girls who were screaming. No one told me what labor would feel like.

I gave birth and the baby was quickly taken down the hall. I developed an infection and the antibiotics put me to sleep. They would not let me hold my baby. I could look at my baby through a window. He was too young to remember me.  I cried for three years.

I believe sex education is a must! There are terrible consequences for unwed mothers who don't have loving families like the Palins. I experienced it.

Is understandable that my mother was clueless about sex education, but it is ridiculous for Sarah to not educate her children sexually.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 07:51:16 AM »

Since this topic is called PALIN WAR: TEEN PREGO CRISIS, I will post on that topic.

I was very disturbed about how Bristol's pregnancy was presented. She's 5 months pregnant and will marry the father later on. Hello? What about sex education and birth control pills? I think Sarah is out of touch. I read/heard that Alaska does not teach sex education in school.

This is my story:

When my daughter was 8 years old (3rd grade) in elementary school, I was called to the Principal's office because the teacher found notes sent between my daughter and a boy regarding blow jobs. It turned out she took the boy to my mother's apartment (when she knew my mother was away) and did the deed. I was astonished that 8 year olds were heavily into sex. I never told my mother about it and did not take the key away from my daughter. I lectured her. When she was 12 and was going to spend the summer with her irresponsible father in New York City, I took her to the OBGYN and got birth controls pills for her. To me, taking a pill is much more practical than getting pregnant. 

I know what I'm talking about. I got pregnant at 16 in 1961. I did not want to marry the boyfriend so I spent the summer months at home and then I was sent to a Salvation home for unwed mothers for the last three months. A social worker visited me every week. She was very nice but her goal was to get my baby. I wanted to keep him but my mother said, "You are 16 and still in high school. I have a job. Who would/could take care of the baby? If you quit high school to take care of the baby, you will be uneducated and no man will ever marry you. I had no choice. I had no money, no job, no nothing and I was under control of my mother.

I gave birth alone, in a labor room with several other girls who were screaming. No one told me what labor would feel like.

I gave birth and the baby was quickly taken down the hall. I developed an infection and the antibiotics put me to sleep. They would not let me hold my baby. I could look at my baby through a window. He was too young to remember me.  I cried for three years.

I believe sex education is a must! There are terrible consequences for unwed mothers who don't have loving families like the Palins. I experienced it.

Is understandable that my mother was clueless about sex education, but it is ridiculous for Sarah to not educate her children sexually.

Sorry Louise...I'm calling B.S. on your last statement. How do you know Palin did not instruct her daughter on either birth control or the fundamental teaching of abstinence? How do you know that Palin's daughter was not just being rebellious as most teens are?

Oh...but none of us have ever been rebellious teens so it must be that Palin screwed up right?

What you said was an assumption with no basis in fact.

I digress....

metro

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Huh?? You mean I gotta board now??
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 08:47:55 AM »

Direct quote from Palin on CNN.com regarding sex education in schools:

"I'm pro-contraception, and I think kids who may not hear about it at home should hear about it in other avenues. So I am not anti-contraception. But, yeah, abstinence is another alternative that should be discussed with kids. I don't have a problem with that," Palin said.

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 08:57:25 AM »

Teen pregnancy is a fact of life whether we like it or not.  We have created laws regarding the inclusion of these teens in our educational systems.  We have sex eduction in most school systems.  I do remember the years when a pregnant teen was not allowed to continue their in-school education.  Now they can not be excluded.

I am not sure we can call it a disease, however, it happens regardless of race or creed.  Families try to make the best out of an unfortunate mistake.  Society needs to face the fact that it is a mistake and that we all make different choices.  The only thing to do is to admit it and move on in a positive manner.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
crazybabyborg
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:10 AM »

Just want to point out the obvious here. Many, many teens who find themselves pregnant choose abortion. Because of the way that the Palin's have raised their kids, another choice was made. We all impart our beliefs to our children and they either make them their own or reject them. Had Palin's daughter chosen abortion, had she been sexually active and not become pregnant, we wouldn't be discussing this. Palin's daughter is no "less" because she is pregnant, in fact, I think we have the opportunity to assess that she is "more" because she is pregnant. Her other choice would have been easier for her and her family, and it is a rarity to witness one so young walk the walk instead of just talking it. Her Mother would not have been the first to have a "philosophical" view that melted when faced with the application to her own child. She, too, walks in her commitments. I think that's a very valuable and tangible piece of information in this world of words.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 08:49:48 PM »

Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston was born. 

Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, gave birth on Saturday to a healthy 7 lb., 7 oz., baby boy in Palmer, Alaska.

"We think it's wonderful," said Colleen Jones, the sister of Bristol's grandmother Sally Heath, who confirmed the news. "The baby is fine and Bristol is doing well. Everyone is excited."

The baby's name is Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston and he was born at 5:30 a.m., according to Jones.

Baby Tripp takes his surname from his dad, Levi Johnston, an apprentice electrician and former Wasilla High School hockey player who has been dating Bristol for three years.

Bristol Palin is currently residing in Wasilla and completing her high-school diploma through correspondence courses.

Johnston is studying to become an electrician. He told the Associated Press in October that he and fiancée Bristol plan to wed in 2009 and raise the child together.

Pregnancy Made News
Bristol, the eldest of Sarah and Todd Palin's three daughters (the couple also have two sons), made headlines with her pregnancy last summer, shortly after Republican presidential candidate John McCain picked the Alaska governor to be his running mate on his party's ticket.

In a statement at the time, Bristol’s parents said their daughter "came to us with news that we as parents knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned." They added, Bristol "has our unconditional love and support."

On Monday, Bill McAllister, a spokesman for Gov. Palin said, "This office will not be issuing any statements on [Bristol's baby]. We’re here to talk about state government and that matter falls outside of that."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20245389,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Bristol Palin could earn $300,000 for baby pics

According to one source, bidding for the baby photos began at $100,000. People won out in the end, but In Touch was the only other weekly to make serious bids, according to several sources involved in the process.

The price didn't soar immediately, according to the sources, because Sarah Palin stories just didn’t sell all that well for the weeklies on newsstands.

“Sarah was on the cover of People, Us Weekly, and OK! the same week, and really only People saw a bump in sales," says a source.

The drug-related arrest of Johnston's mother, however, caused the price tag for the photos to go up.

“The bidding started well before the baby was born, but once Levi’s mom was arrested — well, then you had a story,” says one editor.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28424559/

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

Report: Palin's Daughter Dumps Baby's Father

Star Magazine Reports Bristol Palin Estranged From Levi Johnston
WASILLA, Alaska (CBS) ―

The rumormill continues to churn around the Palin family in Wasilla, Alaska. Star Magazine is reporting Bristol Palin, daughter of former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, has broken off her engagement to her baby's father, Levi Johnston.

http://cbs4denver.com/entertainment/bristol.palin.birth.2.956233.html

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 08:42:27 PM »

caesu I was wondering what the situation was currently with Bristol and Levi, I can't say I am surprised that they aren't together - if this is true.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.