May 15, 2024, 12:04:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 183886 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2008, 10:17:09 PM »

klaas

the house looks awesome. fireplace very art-deco in the color and design. very cute.

enjoy!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2008, 11:06:53 PM »

For Blonde who asked if we use fireplaces for heating in CA. Altho Klaas said they are just for looks, ask her again. 

Here in Southern California we have some very cold nights (the desert cold) and we DO use them for heat several days of the year. The rest of the time they are for looks and romance.

True, we do use the fireplace to heat up the room in the winter but not often.  We probably only use our fireplace 5 or six times a year when it's really cold and nasty out but we normally just turn on our furnace    I do like having a fireplace though in the event that a natural desaster left us without power and we needed heat.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2008, 10:05:19 AM »

Klaas, glad everything is coming together at your home.  I'm jealous because we need some work done here.

We have a couple of friends who arrange candles in the hearth instead of burning wood.  Less mess and gives a pretty glow.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 11:15:52 PM »

Presuming the carpet is in....hope all went well. 

We have 2 graduation parties this weekend so I'll try to check in beforehand.  Maybe our day will come and I'll be able to share some photos...hope so...

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2008, 11:28:18 PM »

We have 2 graduation parties this weekend so I'll try to check in beforehand.  Maybe our day will come and I'll be able to share some photos...hope so...

Carpet is in and it's beautiful!  The battery in my camera died so I'm going to take a bunch of photos tomorrow morning and post them.  We won't be getting most of our furniture back until Tuesday morning.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2008, 12:35:40 AM »

Carpet is in and it's beautiful!  The battery in my camera died so I'm going to take a bunch of photos tomorrow morning and post them.  We won't be getting most of our furniture back until Tuesday morning.

Good for you Klaas!  Can't wait to see the pics!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2008, 12:40:51 AM »

If anyone needs a laugh....I saw a short clip of this guy on Oprah but had to find his youtube and it's hilarious IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »

Construction update.  Carpet was laid yesterday.  We won't get our furniture back until Tuesday but that's ok because we still have work to do on some of the doors.

Living room = light grey carpet, I think the name was "moonshadow"

Master bedroom = putty or light peach carpet, I think the name was "putty"

This is the front door we put the first coat of varathane on today.  Oil base so takes forever to dry!

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2008, 11:02:29 PM »

Well it looks like its almost time to hang the Construction Hat up  The place looks outstanding and our Klaas now has clean lungs  thumleft

Do you have HDTV Klaas? Thats gonna be a great night when you can finally relax on the couch,feel the cool ocean breeze blow in and watch a good flick with your new entertainment system   

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2008, 11:27:44 PM »

Well it looks like its almost time to hang the Construction Hat up  The place looks outstanding and our Klaas now has clean lungs  thumleft

Do you have HDTV Klaas? Thats gonna be a great night when you can finally relax on the couch,feel the cool ocean breeze blow in and watch a good flick with your new entertainment system   

YES  - brand new 52" HDTV LCD ready for action.  4 ceiling speakers, 1 center speaker (under the TV on the wall) and subwoofer still to be installed.  DVD player and receiver are in the coat closet    Behind the door on the right in the photo below (ignore the blue masking tape):

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2008, 11:38:08 PM »

Very nice Klaas! Remember you have to call the cable company to get HDTV/Digital,otherwise you will just have a HDTV without the HD. I am excited for you and long for the day you can watch PVDS,Joran and everyone else go down on HDTV and Dolby/Surround Sound! 

If your husband is a sports fan..He's in for a real treat 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2008, 01:00:05 AM »

Very nice Klaas! Remember you have to call the cable company to get HDTV/Digital,otherwise you will just have a HDTV without the HD. I am excited for you and long for the day you can watch PVDS,Joran and everyone else go down on HDTV and Dolby/Surround Sound! 

We already have HDTV Direct TV satellite.  Our "old" TV was also HDTV but was a mere 42" Plasma that I thought would look too small now in our new living room, LOL. 
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2008, 01:03:44 AM »

We already have HDTV Direct TV satellite.  Our "old" TV was also HDTV but was a mere 42" Plasma that I thought would look too small now in our new living room, LOL. 

Ahh very nice! The 42" will fit well in the bedroom then 

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2008, 04:32:07 AM »

Klaas, I know you must be excited at getting the big stuff wrapped up!  The fireplace is beautiful.  The whole house is just gorgeous.  You've done a great job!

Nice view there!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »

Very nice, Klaasend.....those doors are beautiful.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2008, 11:00:51 PM »

I love it all Klaas!  I'm so happy for you!   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2008, 05:19:36 PM »

I LOVE This!...................... 

PORK CHOPS

In a zoo in California , a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set of triplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately,due to complications in the pregnancy, the cubs were born prematurely and due to thei r tiny size, they died shortly after birth.

The mother tiger after recovering from the delivery, suddenly started to decline in health, although physically she was fine. The veterinarians felt that the loss of her litter had caused the tigress to fa ll into a depression. The doctors decided that if the tigress could surrogate another mother's cubs, perhaps she would improve.

After checking with many other zoos across the country, the depressing news was that there were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce to the mourning mother. The veterinarians decided to try something that had never been tried in a zoo environment. Sometimes a mother of one species will take on the care of a different species. The only 'orphans' that could be found quickly, were a litter of wea nling pigs. The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in  tiger skin and placed the b abies around th e mother tiger. Would they become cubs or pork chops??
Take a look...

Now, please tell me one more time .........?
Why can't the rest of the world get along???

crazybabyborg
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »

Klaas! The place LOOKS GREAT!!!! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2008, 12:37:47 AM »

I love the "pork chops" story CBB!

Thanks for sharing it!

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2008, 12:04:30 PM »

Posted by Kippy in the Natalee thread this morning!

« Reply #256 on: Today at 11:17:25 AM »    Quote

Good morning monkeys!  This is OT but I need your help as I see some of you also post in the Missing Person thread.  Can anyone give me the names of some of the cases that involve internet preditors?  People that went missing becuase of their activities on the internet?  I have a 12 year old daughter and I just can't get my points across in her. I thought maybe I could "show" her the consequenses of bad actions.

If this post needs deleted or moved I understand.

Thanks.

Kippy…I think they caught this guy, as I recall finding an article about it, but didn’t post as the authorities were keeping her unidentified later because of her age. And here I am posting about this girl in hopes it helps some-one else…If I run across any more I will post them here...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2206.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.