May 22, 2024, 10:52:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #523a 9/12 - 9/15/2006 (use this one)  (Read 117996 times)
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »

Nothing like jumping into an ongoing conversation without any facts, but Geraldo did say there was such a tape and he and his brother had good contacts.  Also, when Freddy was arrested I thought it was because he was also either in the photos they had of the girl.  At least, that's how I remember it.  So yes, they are stupid enough to participate and be photographed in the act.  And I don't necessarily like Geraldo that much, but I believed it when he said there was a tape.  That is no more incredible than anything else seen in this case...IMHO.

Later!

tidycat

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2006, 06:10:15 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Quote from: "KatzHome"

I see what you're saying, Strike...

One thing ~ discussing "rumor" again ~ because Geraldo never actually said that he "saw" that film ~ though I do believe that there is such a film ~ is ...

Maybe she is one of the girls who were going to come forward to ALE against Joran ~ but wound up not doing it...

Maybe because she agreed to make that film ~ or whatever ~ or wound up in it because of hanging out doing drugs with these guys and then couldn't stop what was happening....

Just a thought added to the "rumor"....

I can understand that Katz!  It's just...logically, one would think it'd be unlikely that there would have been a film made documenting a crime in which you could be jailed for.  I mean, I can see them making a sex tape with all parties consenting (it's still morally wrong, but I've been around the block a few times.  This wouldn't shock me like it would others in here).  But, you'd have to be stuck on stupid to make one in which the participant is resisting.  To me, that dosn't seem logical...even for the likes of those knuckleheads...

It's one thing to make mistakes like this when comitting a crime if you hadn't had any prior experience.  First time crininals get caught all the time for reasons which could have been easily avoided if they had only paid attention to detail.  But, these guys were well schooled in the "art" of "pulling" intoxicated tourists from a bar at closing time.  IMO, they would be more likely then not to make sure there wasn't any documented evidence which could come back to bite them later...

Thoughts?
The only thought I can come up with on this matter, would be that they had given her a "date rape drug" and decided to film the sexual act, (not expecting her to die), hoping that she would have no memory of such event upon awakening....then, she goes home to the US, and the film gets distributed with no knowledge by the victom , that stuff has happened more than we would like to beleive

That's a possibility Elaine.  I didn't say I wasn't open to new ideas.  It's just sometimes I tend to believe the first story is the right one...you know?  And, from the very beginning, I had believed that they were responsible for her death, but it was not intentional.  From that point, I do believe the complexities in this case began (coverup, etc)...
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2006, 06:10:34 PM »

Oh, and it's my humble understanding that just about 99% of everything we hear from Aruba is a rumor...right?
 Very Happy

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »

One thing ~ discussing "rumor" again ~ because Geraldo never actually said that he "saw" that film ~ though I do believe that there is such a film ~ is ...

Maybe she is one of the girls who were going to come forward to ALE against Joran ~ but wound up not doing it...

Maybe because she agreed to make that film ~ or whatever ~ or wound up in it because of hanging out doing drugs with these guys and then couldn't stop what was happening....

I can understand that Katz!  It's just...logically, one would think it'd be unlikely that there would have been a film made documenting a crime in which you could be jailed for.  I mean, I can see them making a sex tape with all parties consenting (it's still morally wrong, but I've been around the block a few times.  This wouldn't shock me like it would others in here).  But, you'd have to be stuck on stupid to make one in which the participant is resisting.  To me, that dosn't seem logical...even for the likes of those knuckleheads...

It's one thing to make mistakes like this when comitting a crime if you hadn't had any prior experience.  First time crininals get caught all the time for reasons which could have been easily avoided if they had only paid attention to detail.  But, these guys were well schooled in the "art" of "pulling" intoxicated tourists from a bar at closing time.  IMO, they would be more likely then not to make sure there wasn't any documented evidence which could come back to bite them later...

Thoughts?
The only thought I can come up with on this matter, would be that they had given her a "date rape drug" and decided to film the sexual act, (not expecting her to die), hoping that she would have no memory of such event upon awakening....then, she goes home to the US, and the film gets distributed with no knowledge by the victom , that stuff has happened more than we would like to beleive
Id like to add, that if this was an option in happening, naturally they would have destroyed it because, something went wrong
ooops, should've said , I am talking abot with Natalee! If they made a film with Naatlee....JMO , of course!
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2006, 06:11:40 PM »

STRIKE, from Huff's Crime Blog, this one is for you:

"Locoman Pimp, For Real… or, No, Seriously, THANKS, Geraldo…
Saturday, August 27th, 2005

Remember this? It’s the blog entry I wrote on June 15, 2005, titled, Thanks, Geraldo.

In that blog entry, I wrote the following:

Because the inimitable Geraldo Rivera(...) dropped a little bomb about the dutch teen suspected of playing a role in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway tonight on The O’Reilly Factor, I’m now getting hits from people googling “Joran Van Der Sloot” and “gangbang.”

That was the bomb; not that evidence pointing to Natalee’s location was found—at the moment it appears the most recent intensive search of a lover’s lane sort of area near the hotel where the girl was staying has turned up bupkis—but that Joran Van Der Sloot videotaped himself and a 14-year-old girl in a gangbang and sold it around the island…

At the time I was being kind of tongue-in-cheek about the thing, because a part of my own instinct about the story said it was a bit of a stretch… not that van der Sloot wouldn’t do such a thing, it just seemed so… lewd, and I didn’t want to personally inject such a note into my own weblogging about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway from the island of Aruba on the last night of May, 2005.

Yet two entries later, I wrote, Joran’s Young Ex, about evidence I found of Joran dating a girl that would have been considered underage on Aruba while they were both students at the International School—van der Sloot the equivalent to a junior, the girl in question a 7th grader. This story didn’t mean the rumor Geraldo repeated had legs, necessarily, but it made it seem a little more believable.

Now with the arrest of Locoman Pimp Freddy Arambatziz/Zedan, Geraldo Rivera’s seemingly ill-advised rumor sounds more likely than ever to have some basis in fact. So Geraldo, if you’re reading this, all props to you, man—you’ve been doing this sort of thing longer than I have.

Tonight on The Big Story Weekend it was reported that Freddy’s arrest may be connected with the making of a sexually-oriented video, with a girl who was underage, that Joran van der Sloot may have also been involved, and it was also intimated that Freddy may have taken part in either the drugging and raping or both of a young woman, just who that could have been not being specified, though the recent news of new allegations toward van der Sloot from girls on the island, when related to the timing of Freddy’s arrest, seem like more than mere coincidence.

Of course, on Geraldo’s own show, At Large, which began as I was writing this blog entry, Rivera introduced the show with his announcement that they now knew who Freddy was, and that they knew his arrest had something to do with a DVD and a 14-year-old. I know that at this point Fox News people have tracked down Freddy’s address, and have other information about him not easily gathered on the web, and I know from personal experience now how careful Geraldo and his producers really are about verifying the info they present.

In fact, Geraldo just presented the story proper this way; the Kalpoes and Freddy are alleged to have kidnapped, drugged, and raped a 14-year-old girl, in addition to the charges related to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Freddy is alleged to have marketed the recording in question of the 14-year-old, and participated in the making of the same. As to Natalee, no overt accusations or allegations have been made yet to connect Freddy Arambatziz to her disappearance, but it would seem things might be moving that way, and in an interview on Big Story Weekend earlier, Jug Twitty made it clear he believes Freddy does have some kind of connection to the events of the last night of May.

Here are the exact charges against Freddy Arambatziz, according to Vinda de Sousa:

Intentionally distributing sexual images of a minor.
Intercourse with an unconscious person.
Sexual acts with a girl younger than 16 years."

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2006, 06:15:20 PM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
I don't subscribe to the "dog" theory.  I too, think it was a simple thing that snowballed.  "Something bad happened" then, the cover-up.  Those involved just couldn't let the cat out of the bag, and resulting in even more cover up.  JMO.

I think the complications come about in the cover up - not the original crime itself.

I agree completely.  I think the complications are the result of (1) Joran being the son of someone with friends in the legal system, and (2) many in Aruba are involved in something illicit, so they have to keep their mouths shut or someone might turn them in.   Their coverup was sloppy and tainted because of their attitude towards Natalee, Dave, Beth and Americans in general.  The coverup was a slap in the face of Americans, from the incomplete police reports the first night, to telling Dave to wait at C&C's, to Arlene and Joe yelling on cable television, not to mention Aruba paying Joe to threaten people who said anything bad about Aruba's most infamous rapist and murderer.  (Ooops!  Did I say that out loud?)  I think the sloppy coverup was a way of telling Natalee's family and any American supporting them, to go to the devil.   IMHO

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2006, 06:16:56 PM »

Thoughts?

That's a possibility Elaine.  I didn't say I wasn't open to new ideas.  It's just sometimes I tend to believe the first story is the right one...you know?  And, from the very beginning, I had believed that they were responsible for her death, but it was not intentional.  From that point, I do believe the complexities in this case began (coverup, etc)...
I know third,in this case we must be open to new ideas, it seems anythings possible.... I also agree that they are responsible for her demise and think also it was not intentional
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2006, 06:17:59 PM »

Quote from: "Appeals"

Here are the exact charges against Freddy Arambatziz, according to Vinda de Sousa:

Thanks Appeals!  Appreciate the info.

One question though...with these charges against Freddy, why wasn't he tried?  I mean, if they had, in fact, possession of such a tape, then surely they'd have a slam dunk case of rape against Freddy, wouldn't they?

This is what bothers me so much about this stuff.  If the evidence was there, why wasn't there a prosecution?
Appeals
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2006, 06:18:08 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Klaas
Can you make me one that says "Tiaras Suck!" ?  Laughing

Oh LALA's, honey, I knew there was some reason beyond Shango that I loved you!!   Wink

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2006, 06:18:11 PM »

Thoughts?

Then that leads us right back to ~ Natalee's death was never meant to happen...  it just did ~ and they went into over-drive to cover it up...

And I can see the filming too, with consenting parties, just like you...  Embarassed but, I can also see these guys supplying "free" drugs to girls...  and they start out making out... like "privately" although still hanging out with a bunch of people still in the room...  especially high, I can see even a "unconsenting" girl being led into being filmed...  like, "Kiss Freddy now..."  With one of them standing back and filming ~ and maybe the girl didn't notice...

I can see these guys weighing the thrill of having these videos ~ or maybe even selling them against would the girl, and her parents really go to ALE ~ because the girl *did* willingly go to his place to get high...  And a lot of rapes still go unreported...

As far as the "drunk tourists" leaving the bar with these guys...  why not film it...  When they're finished ~ they drop her off someplace near by her hotel ~ she gets on the plane ~ and by the time she actually recalls what happened ~ she's already home...  and maybe even advised that it's probably not worth reporting...

They could have done it once or twice without filming ~ and nothing ever came of it...  So, they filmed the incident...  and still ~ none of those prior tourists reported being raped by them...  so their film was safe...  and they got bolder each time they did it...

Just showing you a way that it could happen, Strike...

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: September 14, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "Kimmy53"
I don't subscribe to the "dog" theory.  I too, think it was a simple thing that snowballed.  "Something bad happened" then, the cover-up.  Those involved just couldn't let the cat out of the bag, and resulting in even more cover up.  JMO.

I think the complications come about in the cover up - not the original crime itself.

I agree completely.  I think the complications are the result of (1) Joran being the son of someone with friends in the legal system, and (2) many in Aruba are involved in something illicit, so they have to keep their mouths shut or someone might turn them in.   Their coverup was sloppy and tainted because of their attitude towards Natalee, Dave, Beth and Americans in general.  The coverup was a slap in the face of Americans, from the incomplete police reports the first night, to telling Dave to wait at C&C's, to Arlene and Joe yelling on cable television, not to mention Aruba paying Joe to threaten people who said anything bad about Aruba's most infamous rapist and murderer.  (Ooops!  Did I say that out loud?)  I think the sloppy coverup was a way of telling Natalee's family and any American supporting them, to go to the devil.   IMHO
Well said Wink
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #451 on: September 14, 2006, 06:20:20 PM »

Quote from: "tidycat"
Hi all.  Just stopping to test new avatar...testing....

That is too funny Tidy!!!!   Laughing Oh geez...  I hope my cats don't see it!!!!   Laughing I don't want to give them any ideas!

Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2006, 06:20:31 PM »

In fact, Geraldo just presented the story proper this way; the Kalpoes and Freddy are alleged to have kidnapped, drugged, and raped a 14-year-old girl, in addition to the charges related to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Freddy is alleged to have marketed the recording in question of the 14-year-old, and participated in the making of the same. As to Natalee, no overt accusations or allegations have been made yet to connect Freddy Arambatziz to her disappearance, but it would seem things might be moving that way, and in an interview on Big Story Weekend earlier, Jug Twitty made it clear he believes Freddy does have some kind of connection to the events of the last night of May.

Did something new just come out on this? (I remember this from last fall)

In My Opinion
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: September 14, 2006, 06:20:53 PM »

One question though...with these charges against Freddy, why wasn't he tried?  I mean, if they had, in fact, possession of such a tape, then surely they'd have a slam dunk case of rape against Freddy, wouldn't they?

This is what bothers me so much about this stuff.  If the evidence was there, why wasn't there a prosecution?

That's the one that Anita said was nothing more than an innocent photo of a girl in a bikini  Rolling Eyes

To answer your questions, charges against Freddy would mean also charges against Joran.  They weren't going to allow that to happen.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: September 14, 2006, 06:22:15 PM »

Thoughts?

Hi Elaine!  It's great seeing you!  That's the way I first thought she died...  and I still lean towards thinking it went down this way...  but am open to other thoughts too...

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #455 on: September 14, 2006, 06:22:34 PM »

...and I can see the filming too, with consenting parties, just like you...  Embarassed

Whoa!  I didn't mean to imply I had either consented to, or participated in any tape of this kind.  That's not my style Katz.

Just wanted to clarify...
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: September 14, 2006, 06:25:12 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

That's the one that Anita said was nothing more than an innocent photo of a girl in a bikini  Rolling Eyes

To answer your questions, charges against Freddy would mean also charges against Joran.  They weren't going to allow that to happen.

I have a hard time believing that Klass.  Surely, the to would be completely seperate as far as charges and an ultimate prosecution.  If I understand it correctly, they did file the charges against Freddy, right?  If so, then why would they need to prosecute Joran for a tape or pictures not involving him?  AM I corerct to believe these are two seperate tapes?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #457 on: September 14, 2006, 06:25:17 PM »

Hi Elaine!  It's great seeing you!  That's the way I first thought she died...  and I still lean towards thinking it went down this way...  but am open to other thoughts too...
Hiya Katz!!! Good to see you too!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: September 14, 2006, 06:25:43 PM »

I'm not so sure Dompig was involved in any of the cover-up...

In the beginning he sounded way too sincere about wanting to find and prosecute the killers...

And then he sound just too plain dumb ~ that I doubt the people that San listed would trust him...

I'm inclined to believe that Dompig is not involved in the coverup, but can't get past those he knows are covering up.  I also think that he and possibly Janssen were pressured into making public statements about suspecting Beth and an insurance scam.   Jossy said earlier this year that the rumor was that Michael Dompig was going to be arrested.  Then Dompig comes out and says that Michael was lying about GVC and Michael doesn't get arrested.  Hmmmmmmm  The new police chief is Dutch and Dompig is very angry.  Hmmmmmmm  Starting to add up.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: September 14, 2006, 06:28:18 PM »

...and I can see the filming too, with consenting parties, just like you...  Embarassed

Whoa!  I didn't mean to imply I had either consented to, or participated in any tape of this kind.  That's not my style Katz.

Just wanted to clarify...

Strike!!! I didn't say I did either!!!!  Nor intended to imply that you did...

I just said that I could see how it could happen....

Just clarifying too!   Embarassed seesch!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.