May 13, 2024, 09:12:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #29 3/21/09 - 3/24/09  (Read 106943 times)
zoeandme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #860 on: March 23, 2009, 09:53:30 PM »

JSM, God gave you a Hinky Meter for a reason, to protect you.  Please please listen to it. If you were interested in this guy, it would be differnent, If you needed a friend,(you dont, you have us) it would be different.  Dont show any interest in him all to the point of being almost rude.  If he comes out when you are walking, say excuse me,I am waiting for someone. Go home!!!!  If that does not work, report him!!!!

Exactly!  Make up some story that someone will be coming over any minute, like a boyfriend  or a male friend.  Or maybe you could say you gotta run back in cuz you have a friend over and he/she is waiting for you?  I know JOe is good protection, but anything to suggest that you aren't alone!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: March 23, 2009, 09:54:07 PM »

Something else guys,  the other day Katie,Katie to you said something about having a tumor.  She normally wouldnt kid about a thing like that.  Then I havenet since her post since.  I dont have her email anymore.  Does anyone else know how to check on her???  She is a dear person.

katiekatie2u was banned a couple of days ago.  I don't have her email.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #862 on: March 23, 2009, 09:55:12 PM »

Something else guys,  the other day Katie,Katie to you said something about having a tumor.  She normally wouldnt kid about a thing like that.  Then I havenet since her post since.  I dont have her email anymore.  Does anyone else know how to check on her???  She is a dear person.

katiekatie2u was banned a couple of days ago.  I don't have her email.
Oh Muffy, I didnt know that, I am sorry to have bothered you....

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #863 on: March 23, 2009, 09:57:43 PM »

Does the guy have a dog? Bringing treats for your dog kind of sounds hinky to me.
No shell bell, no dogs that I know of, he had a fish that died and he said it got stuck in the "castle" in the fish tank. So he dropped the castle in the fire ant bed. Joe was smelling it, and the guy picked up the castle out came the fish. Then he started talking to me and Joe turned around and ate the fish. I told him the day before that Joe can sniff out bones a mile away and eat them. Just seemed so crazy for him to drop out a fish castle in a fire ant pile. Then he picked it up, the dried up fish fell out and my Joe started to eat it. I AM GOING CRAZY.
Okay, now that is really creepy, did he just move in by you?

Wow!  That is creepy!  I was wondering the same thing....can you not go by his door when you go out to walk Josef?  I used to be an apt. community manager and occasionally we would have a single female come in with concerns about a neighbor.  We had a courtesy officer living on site and we had him come in and meet with one of the girls b/c she was really freaked out.  So he kept an eye on the guy, and got some info on him from us (we couldn't give out the info on another resident to her b/c of company policy and all).  But is there someone like that at your community?
We had a cop that was the community officer, but I guess they stopped giving free rent and he moved out. I am not a scared person, because of Joe and I live on the 4th floor, but this guy is starting to kinda creep me out. Maybe because I am not the type of person to just go out and talk to strangers. I just don't know what to think. Thanks for all the monkey suggestions though. I just hate to make waves. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #864 on: March 23, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »

JSM could your brother maybe talk to him, or maybe you and your brother could go for a walk and if he comes towards you just tell him he is your boyfriend, that may help if he thinks you live with a man.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: March 23, 2009, 10:00:49 PM »

JSM, the man sounds too solicitous. Is there any way you can not walk past his apartment? and then see if he shows up?
Yes Shell, Just found out where he lives today. I called my brother and he told me definitely dont walk Joe at 4 am anymore. I will for now on walk Joe the other way and see what happens. The sad thing is, he may be a nice guy, but I don't like the fact that someone just pops up when I am walking my dog. I guess cause I am a very private person especially when it comes to men I don't know. I still trust my dog's trainer that said no one will ever get between Joe and me. So that makes me feel a lot better. I just got freaked out tonight. Sorry for being a freaky deaky monkey!

JSM...don't you dare apologize...you are not a freaky deaky monkey!  You are doing the right thing by bringing this up with your brother and your friends here.  If you have to, just tell this guy that he's making you uncomfortable and you want him to leave you alone.  Practice saying it at home first if necessary so you get used to saying the words.  A lot of freaks prey on "nice" girls who don't want to offend anyone. He's invading your space.  Remember...you don't have to be nice to him.  He's invading your privacy.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: March 23, 2009, 10:03:13 PM »

JSM, God gave you a Hinky Meter for a reason, to protect you.  Please please listen to it. If you were interested in this guy, it would be differnent, If you needed a friend,(you dont, you have us) it would be different.  Dont show any interest in him all to the point of being almost rude.  If he comes out when you are walking, say excuse me,I am waiting for someone. Go home!!!!  If that does not work, report him!!!!
That's exactly what I thought. I have no interest in him what so ever. I just have a hard time being rude. I guess that is my old southern charm I think my ex brother in law may come over tomorrow and walk with me. My brother may come do it too. He's 6'7" about 280, so if he comes I don't think I will have any problem

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #867 on: March 23, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »

That's exactly what I thought. I have no interest in him what so ever. I just have a hard time being rude. I guess that is my old southern charm I think my ex brother in law may come over tomorrow and walk with me. My brother may come do it too. He's 6'7" about 280, so if he comes I don't think I will have any problem

That's great JSM...it could take care of the problem.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: March 23, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »

JSM, the man sounds too solicitous. Is there any way you can not walk past his apartment? and then see if he shows up?
Yes Shell, Just found out where he lives today. I called my brother and he told me definitely dont walk Joe at 4 am anymore. I will for now on walk Joe the other way and see what happens. The sad thing is, he may be a nice guy, but I don't like the fact that someone just pops up when I am walking my dog. I guess cause I am a very private person especially when it comes to men I don't know. I still trust my dog's trainer that said no one will ever get between Joe and me. So that makes me feel a lot better. I just got freaked out tonight. Sorry for being a freaky deaky monkey!

JSM...don't you dare apologize...you are not a freaky deaky monkey!  You are doing the right thing by bringing this up with your brother and your friends here.  If you have to, just tell this guy that he's making you uncomfortable and you want him to leave you alone.  Practice saying it at home first if necessary so you get used to saying the words.  A lot of freaks prey on "nice" girls who don't want to offend anyone. He's invading your space.  Remember...you don't have to be nice to him.  He's invading your privacy.
Thanks so much Numbers. I will try it. If worse comes to worse I will end up telling my mom and then my brother will be made to come over and walk Joe for me. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: March 23, 2009, 10:08:14 PM »

JSM could your brother maybe talk to him, or maybe you and your brother could go for a walk and if he comes towards you just tell him he is your boyfriend, that may help if he thinks you live with a man.
But my brother is a teddy bear, he told me tonight to just be nice to the guy and don't be rude.

I think I will tell my mom tomorrow and she will make my brother go with me to walk Joe  My mom can be Cindy Anthony when she needs to be! 

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #870 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:14 PM »

Exactly!  Make up some story that someone will be coming over any minute, like a boyfriend  or a male friend.  Or maybe you could say you gotta run back in cuz you have a friend over and he/she is waiting for you?  I know JOe is good protection, but anything to suggest that you aren't alone!

Joe is good protection, which is why my hinky alarm goes off with this guy being too friendly with Joe. I have either read, or seen on tv, a situation where a person makes friends with the dog for reasons not so nice. I get my hinky meter up when a strange guy (someone there to work on the house) makes nicey with my dog , asks their names, and asks if they bite. I always say...yes! they have been known to bite so let me get them restrained.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #871 on: March 23, 2009, 10:10:58 PM »

Hi Muffy and all!  I came to check IM's update, and I just realized it's in the prayer thread, but I'm going to read about JSM's stalker and check my hinky meter while I'm here.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: March 23, 2009, 10:11:19 PM »

Thank you all monkeys for your help. I am going to go to bed, the doors are double locked. Usually I never lock them and I am going to lock my balcony door. I think this guy just needs a friend, but I seem to be the target. There are much prettier women in my complex he can go after.

Sleep well all monkeys. Thanks again for listening to my rant. JSM

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: March 23, 2009, 10:11:26 PM »

But my brother is a teddy bear, he told me tonight to just be nice to the guy and don't be rude.

I think I will tell my mom tomorrow and she will make my brother go with me to walk Joe  My mom can be Cindy Anthony when she needs to be! 
That's good, and also Joe will protect you, I'm sure he would jump at him and attack, which is a good thing. Zoe would just stand there and do nothing 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: March 23, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »

Thank you all monkeys for your help. I am going to go to bed, the doors are double locked. Usually I never lock them and I am going to lock my balcony door. I think this guy just needs a friend, but I seem to be the target. There are much prettier women in my complex he can go after.

Please always lock your doors, and you are very pretty. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: March 23, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »

JSM ~  I think you are being too nice.  There are people that prey on those that are nice.  They count on your being nice.  There have been cases where men have acted like they are injured or they need a hand  and nice ladies come and help them.  I am trying to think of the name of the serial rapist/murdered that was doing that.  He would put on a fake cast and be in a parking lot and look like he had trouble getting in or out of his van, or struggling with a package, and a lady would come along and when she did, he would grab her, and throw her in the van.  Anyone remember this guy? 

We are too polite to tell people something is none of their business, or if we see someone in trouble we rush to help them.  Sometimes it's better to call someone else to help them.  And it may be better to tell this guy he's making you uncomfortable.  You can say you prefer to be left alone.  I know you feel Josef would help protect you, but there are ways around dogs.  Such as macing them, befriending them or catching you sometime when Josef isn't right with you even for a minute.  I'm not intending to scare you.  But find out what you can about this guy.  Does he have a car?  Get the plate number.  Make sure your bro knows the plate and make & model.  Tell the office the guy is making you nervous. 

I'm concerned about the way this guy was talking about what you were wearing.  There was a young woman raped and murdered near where I live.  She was seen at a check out at a Sears store, and the guy was attracted to the boots she was wearing (that's what he said at trial).  He stalked her later and got her...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #876 on: March 23, 2009, 10:17:09 PM »

JSM...listen to No Rose...she's a very smart Monkey.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #877 on: March 23, 2009, 10:18:21 PM »

I do the same thing Shell..of course he weighs 130 and is a Doberman...so not hard to convince them that he can hurt them...LOL

Joe is good protection, which is why my hinky alarm goes off with this guy being too friendly with Joe. I have either read, or seen on tv, a situation where a person makes friends with the dog for reasons not so nice. I get my hinky meter up when a strange guy (someone there to work on the house) makes nicey with my dog , asks their names, and asks if they bite. I always say...yes! they have been known to bite so let me get them restrained.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: March 23, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »

JSM ~  I think you are being too nice.  There are people that prey on those that are nice.  They count on your being nice.  There have been cases where men have acted like they are injured or they need a hand  and nice ladies come and help them.  I am trying to think of the name of the serial rapist/murdered that was doing that.  He would put on a fake cast and be in a parking lot and look like he had trouble getting in or out of his van, or struggling with a package, and a lady would come along and when she did, he would grab her, and throw her in the van.  Anyone remember this guy? 

We are too polite to tell people something is none of their business, or if we see someone in trouble we rush to help them.  Sometimes it's better to call someone else to help them.  And it may be better to tell this guy he's making you uncomfortable.  You can say you prefer to be left alone.  I know you feel Josef would help protect you, but there are ways around dogs.  Such as macing them, befriending them or catching you sometime when Josef isn't right with you even for a minute.  I'm not intending to scare you.  But find out what you can about this guy.  Does he have a car?  Get the plate number.  Make sure your bro knows the plate and make & model.  Tell the office the guy is making you nervous. 

I'm concerned about the way this guy was talking about what you were wearing.  There was a young woman raped and murdered near where I live.  She was seen at a check out at a Sears store, and the guy was attracted to the boots she was wearing (that's what he said at trial).  He stalked her later and got her...

Ted Bundy

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: March 23, 2009, 10:21:59 PM »

JSM...listen to No Rose...she's a very smart Monkey.
Thank-you, that's something I don't hear often that I'm smart. I really think if she goes walking with her brother or brother in law this guy will get the hint she has a boyfriend or husband or at least I hope so and leave her alone. I'm also glad she has a good guard dog like Joe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.