May 21, 2024, 11:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #8 11/15/10 - 11/27/10  (Read 177055 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: November 19, 2010, 06:35:26 PM »

Elisa Baker Spends Hours At Hickory PD; Adam Baker Appears In Court

With video http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25855921/

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker, Zahra Baker’s stepmother, spent several hours Friday at the Hickory Police Department

MORE...

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25851597/detail.html
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #801 on: November 19, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »

Ok now I'm upset and really don't understand. Zahra was dismembered and now the 3 people in Ohio that were in the tree trunk were dismembered. What is going on and who thinks this up. Is it a copycat crime or are there that many depraved SOBs in this world.

We are living in insane times.  This is horrible.

I hope the young girl didn't witness that. 

Sick, depraved individuals. 

People that do this, they really have no place in 'civilized" society. 

There"ll be a defense attorney arguing for this guy, to spare him.

These sick thoughts originate in the mind and the actions are carried out by the hands.

They need to be stuck in here for a while:

Until they exhaust all their appeals.

4Donks could you please tell me where you read that the Ohio people were dismembered? I can't seem to find it.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/11/18/Bodies-found-are-3-missing-Ohioans/UPI-84811290126303/

The bodies of Tina Herrmann, 32; her 11-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and family friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, were found dismembered "in a wooded area inside of garbage bags in a hollow tree" near Fredericktown, about 12 miles from where the three disappeared eight days ago, Knox County Sheriff David Barber said.

This is from their thread on the found deceased here at SM

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: November 19, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »

Adam Baker appears in court while Elisa Baker spends hours with police

NEWTON, NC (WBTV) - The father of Zahra Baker was in Catawba County court Friday morning on four misdemeanor charges. Meanwhile, Zahra's stepmother was out of jail and spent several hours at the Hickory Police Department meeting with police.

After Adam Baker left court Friday morning, several people said things to him about the death of his daughter, Zahra, whose body may have been dismembered after she died.

Friday morning, Baker was appointed an attorney in the case, in which he is facing four misdemeanor worthless checks charges. He is not charged in the death or disappearance of Zahra, who was reported missing on Oct. 9.

Elisa Baker -- along with her attorney -- spent several hours at the Hickory Police Department on Friday. It's unclear what they talked about, but it could have been about a recent development concerning her previous marriage. In that case, she might have not been divorced before she married Adam Baker in Australia.

MORE...

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13536099

Seems like a lot to go through to bring EB to the police station to talk to her about her previous marriage.  Usually, the cops go to the jail to speak to someone. 

Compare bigamy to any of the other potential charges, the bigamy is nothing.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: November 19, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »

Darn - the second court appearance in two days and that waste of space is still walking free.  Well comparatively free as he is ordered to appear again in January and as far as we know his passport is still in the hands of the local LE, so he cannot leave the country, not can he enter Australia with pending court appearances in USA.  We will have two more months to wait unless the LE can tie all the loose ends and arrest him on the major charge that we are all waiting and hoping to happen

His demeanour entering the building was enough for me – I wanted to throw something at my monitor screen.  And I felt ready to aim again at Ma Baker when she left the courthouse, with her insolent attitude.  The more I see of them both the more I feel sorry for Zahra having to spend almost all her young life in their company.

I was surprised MaB didn’t bounce off her seat and trot beside him up to the bench to answer on his behalf.  She appears to do everything else for him and has him totally under her control.  He is definitely a couple of kangaroos short in the top paddock.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: November 19, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »

I read an earlier post where a monkey (Northern Rose?) asked about jail conditions here in Australia compared to USA.  I have never been inside a jail or known anyone who has so I would be reliant on any news reports.  We do not have the death penalty.

I think we are like the US in that we have jails (sometimes spelt gaols here too) in all cities and some outer areas.  They would all come under that particular state's jurisdiction but I understand conditions can vary from jail to jail even within the same state.

There are the usual do-gooders of course with their Prisoners Rights Groups who protest for improved conditions and all sorts of frills.  From what I understand the jail conditions can be better than some of the indigent inmates would have in their normal lives.  Rehabilitation rather than punishment is a big thing here and a lot of the criminals know how to play this to obtain early parole and other perks.

The one thing that annoys most of our general public is how our police do such a great job capturing offenders only to see them let off with a slap on the wrist or a suspended sentence by lenient judges and magistrates.  A very big proportion of these who have been so lightly dealt with then re-offend.

The criminals who commit horrific crimes such as serial murders do have a much harder time in jail and up until a few decades ago they were treated brutally in some cases.

I have found some reports about conditions in the 1950s and 1960s written by reformed criminals now turned authors but they do not reflect the current situation.  Other than that there are politicians reports - and we all know how accurate they can be - NOT.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #805 on: November 19, 2010, 08:16:44 PM »

Darn - the second court appearance in two days and that waste of space is still walking free.  Well comparatively free as he is ordered to appear again in January and as far as we know his passport is still in the hands of the local LE, so he cannot leave the country, not can he enter Australia with pending court appearances in USA.  We will have two more months to wait unless the LE can tie all the loose ends and arrest him on the major charge that we are all waiting and hoping to happen

His demeanour entering the building was enough for me – I wanted to throw something at my monitor screen.  And I felt ready to aim again at Ma Baker when she left the courthouse, with her insolent attitude.  The more I see of them both the more I feel sorry for Zahra having to spend almost all her young life in their company.

I was surprised MaB didn’t bounce off her seat and trot beside him up to the bench to answer on his behalf.  She appears to do everything else for him and has him totally under her control.  He is definitely a couple of kangaroos short in the top paddock.

Well that expression sure fits Adam, a couple of kangaroos short in the top paddock. And momma sure has him totally under her control.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #806 on: November 19, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker, Zahra Baker’s stepmother, spent several hours Friday at the Hickory Police Department

MORE...

Oh Boy!!  Elisa The Hun has had more quality time with the police! I do hope the Police have good audio equipment. I don't think a transcriptionist could keep up. I suspect that Adam's collar is a little tighter tonight because of the little 6 hour chat today.   
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #807 on: November 19, 2010, 11:44:37 PM »

MORE...

Oh Boy!!  Elisa The Hun has had more quality time with the police! I do hope the Police have good audio equipment. I don't think a transcriptionist could keep up. I suspect that Adam's collar is a little tighter tonight because of the little 6 hour chat today.   

Oh I hope so. I want them to have a good case, when they arrest someone, but boy it seems to be taking forever.

2 4 1
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #808 on: November 20, 2010, 12:00:25 AM »

looks like he was playing with himself on the way into the court 

I don't think a "normal" person would get a chubby going to see the judge.

A picture says a thousand words    His face says more

Instead of saying "Hello to his little friend", he is saying Goodbye my little friend.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #809 on: November 20, 2010, 12:11:30 AM »

Instead of saying "Hello to his little friend", he is saying Goodbye my little friend.

I tend to agree with Tibro..."He is definitely a couple of kangaroos short in the top paddock."  Who knows what is in the lower.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »

I tend to agree with Tibro..."He is definitely a couple of kangaroos short in the top paddock."  Who knows what is in the lower.

Ewwwwww!!! LOL And for my next trick...

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Nightowl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #811 on: November 20, 2010, 12:22:08 AM »

US anger grows over killed little Aussie Tom Breen and Emery P DAlesio
November 20, 2010 - 3:46PM

Handmade ornaments hang from a memorial tree in front of the Baker house in Hickory, North Carolina. Photo: AP

After disabled 10-year-old Australian girl Zahra Baker went missing in a small city in the foothills of North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains, her family's former home became an impromptu memorial piled with stuffed animals and birthday cards.

Now it sits with its front windows smashed by vandals, while frustrated residents complain that the investigation into her death is taking too long, even as increasingly bizarre and potentially damning revelations about Zahra's stepmother and father pile up.

The case has riveted followers in North Carolina and Australia, where she was born and where her biological mother still lives. She was reported missing on October 9 and last week police confirmed everyone's worst fears: A bone from her body and other suspected remains were found in two remote spots.

No charges have been filed in her death, although her stepmother is accused of obstructing justice in the investigation and led police to the remains.

The area's top prosecutor is defending the pace of his investigation. In fact, similar cases have been notoriously difficult to prosecute and rushing into charges unsupported by evidence could be more disastrous than waiting.

"Once we have a complete picture of the events surrounding Zahra's disappearance and her death, we will meet with law enforcement to determine what, if any, charges are required," District Attorney James Gaither Jr wrote in an email in response to questions from The Associated Press.

After Zahra's disappearance, scrutiny immediately fell on her stepmother, Elisa Baker, and father, Adam Baker, after police publicly doubted their story of how she vanished from their home and neighbours talked about their suspicions of abuse.

Elisa Baker's lawyers have said in court documents that their client told police two weeks ago that Zahra "was deceased, that her body had been dismembered and that it would be recovered at different sites". Elisa Baker then accompanied police to sites where the remains were found.

In a letter that Elisa Baker apparently sent to a Florida dealer of crime memorabilia, she wrote, "We didn't really kill her but what he did after the fact is kinda horrifying," referring to Adam, who emigrated from Australia with Zahra after meeting Elisa online. "Makes me scared of him".

One of Elisa Baker's lawyers, Lisa Dubs, said on Friday the letter appears to have been written by her client, but declined to comment further. Adam Baker's lawyer, Mark Killian, did not respond to requests for comment.

The ability of prosecutors to hold anyone accountable for Zahra's death depends on the evidence investigators can collect, forensics experts and former prosecutors say.

That includes recovering what's left of the girl, who had a prosthetic leg because of bone cancer and wore hearing aids because of damage caused by chemotherapy.

Police have not said how Zahra died and the lack of an intact body will make it more difficult to blame someone for it. But experts say suspects have been prosecuted in similar cases.

"You don't have to have a specific manner of death," said former Connecticut prosecutor Walter D Flanagan. "All you have to do is show death."

Flanagan won a conviction in a notorious 1986 murder in which Richard Crafts tossed his wife's corpse into a woodchipper. Without the victim's body, prosecutors were never able to prove how the victim was killed or where.

But detectives recovered a piece of her skull, a bone pathologists said would have been impossible to live without, Flanagan said. He then persuaded a jury by weaving together other evidence: Crafts rented the woodchipper used to destroy the body, he cleaned his bedroom carpet soon after a previous cleaning, and small bits of hair embedded in wood chips were found in Crafts's car.

"All these little things that are innocuous in and of themselves acquired significance," Flanagan said. "When you put everything together, it sort of showed what was happening."

Elisa remains in jail, accused of hindering the investigation. Adam appeared in court on unrelated charges on Friday, and refused to speak to members of the media. No one has been charged with causing the disappearance or death of Zahra, although the Office of Capital Defender has assigned Elisa Baker an lawyer through a process normally used only after murder charges have been filed.

While the investigation continues, the now-abandoned home in Hickory where the Bakers lived has attracted mourning and wrath at the parents. Teddy bears, balloons, and cards surround a tree in the front yard, while increasingly bitter signs calling for punishment have been taped and tied to the front porch.

"Stepmom and daddy need to be in jail," one sign read, while another said, "God please let someone pay for this." Some time between Tuesday night and Thursday afternoon, vandals smashed most of the front windows.

"I have kids, and I can't imagine how someone could do that," said Chasity Partin as she fought tears while visiting the memorial Thursday. "Everyone failed that child."

A crowd of more than 1,000 people gathered on Tuesday for a vigil in Zahra's honour and there were chants of "We want justice" competing with the gentle speakers.

AP

http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-anger-grows-over-killed-little-aussie-20101120-181ph.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: November 20, 2010, 01:57:59 AM »

Elisa Baker spotted at HPD

Hickory --
Elisa Baker’s legal team — attorneys Scott Reilly and Lisa Dubs and private investigator Steve Ehlers — were spotted walking out of the front doors of the Hickory Police Department at 1 p.m. Friday. They would not answer any questions about Baker, the case or why they were at the police department. They crossed the parking lot, got into a black Lexus and Dubs drove away.

About an hour later, District Attorney Jay Gaither was seen leaving the police department from the back door, but would not comment on why he was at the police station.

Baker’s legal team returned to the courthouse at about 4:50 p.m. Elisa Baker was driven away from the police department in a Catawba County jail transport van.

Her lawyers again refused to answer questions.

Baker has been in jail since Oct. 10, when she was arrested on more than a dozen charges on nine outstanding arrest warrants. She was arrested the day after Zahra was reported missing. On Oct. 12, she was charged with obstruction of justice after she admitted to writing a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.

Later that day, Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory Police Department announced that the Amber Alert for Zahra had been cancelled and the investigation was being handled as a homicide case.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/20/elisa-baker-spotted-hpd-ar-552763/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: November 20, 2010, 02:02:58 AM »

Baker in court
More bad check charges had him there

A clean-shaven Adam Baker was tight-lipped as he walked into the courthouse with his mother, Karen Baker, on Friday morning.

A crowd of about 10 TV and print journalists shoved their cameras at the Bakers, asking questions about his daughter Zahra Baker’s death and dismemberment, which the pair refused to answer. The reporters followed the Bakers as they shuffled from one end of the courthouse lobby to the other while they waited for the courtroom doors to be unlocked.

“No comment, please get out of the way. No comment, please get out of the way. … We have no comments to make at all,” was all Karen Baker would say.
Adam remained silent.

Baker was in court to face four worthless check charges worth a total of $244.10 that he’s accused of writing to Lowes Foods.

When Courtroom Four’s doors opened at about 8:55 a.m., Baker and his mother joined the crowd of assorted defendants, family members, attorneys and bailiffs as they surged into the courtroom.

The reporters sat across the room from the Bakers who whispered to each other as they waited for the proceedings to begin.

After the docket was called, Baker was called to the front of the courtroom.

Baker asked the court to appoint his attorney, Mark Killian, to represent him on his Catawba County charges. District Court Judge Robert Mullinax agreed and scheduled his next court date for Jan. 21, 2011.

Killian was assigned to Baker’s case as provisional council on Oct. 28 by North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley. Though Baker has not been charged with Zahra’s murder, the case has gained worldwide attention and Killian was assigned the case in the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with the crime.

Hurley provisionally assigned Killian to Baker’s case 10 days after he assigned Lisa Dubs to represent Baker’s wife, Elisa Baker, although neither has been charged in Zahra’s death.

Adam and his mother left the courtroom Friday and made their way toward the courthouse stairs and a woman shouted “Murderer.” People stopped what they were doing to take photos of him with their cell phones.

Reporters raced to keep up with his brisk pace and asked him what he wanted the world to know about the case and his murdered daughter. They followed him to the parking lot and asked if he’d seen or spoken to his wife, Elisa Baker, since she’d been in jail. They asked if the police had it wrong, if Elisa murdered his daughter, how he was feeling about everything and whether Elisa was still married when they had their Australian wedding in July 2008.

Adam never said a word.

He and his mother got into a silver P.T. Cruiser with an Alabama license plate and Adam drove away as a woman in the parking lot screamed, “You murdered your own child.”
Many at the courthouse believed Baker was involved in his Zahra’s death and may have killed her.

“It makes you sick, it really does,” said Courtney Hill of Hickory. “Look at all the evidence they (the police investigators) have on him”

Jennifer Thompson of West Virginia agreed.

“If you don’t want your child, give it up for adoption so somebody who wants it can raise it,” she said through tears. “Somebody had their hand in this. I want to know who done it.”

Maria Kirby of Brookford wanted to know why Baker hasn’t been charged with murder.

“They’ve got him on worthless check charges? That’s it?” she said. “I figured he (Baker) would already be in jail with all the evidence they’ve got. … I was raised in Brookford. Around here we protect our children and hopefully they’ll get justice for her.”

Baker faces additional charges — worthless check, communicating threats, assault with a deadly weapon and failure to return property on which there is a purchase option — in Caldwell County where Killian appeared on Baker’s behalf Thursday. Baker’s case there was continued until Jan. 27, 2011, and Lenoir-based attorney, Shell Pearce, was appointed to represent Adam on those charges.

Adam Baker’s Catawba County charges:
$41.52 to Lowes Foods
$78.20 to Lowes Foods
$84.88 to Lowes Foods
$39.50 to Lowes Foods

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/20/baker-court-ar-552746/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: November 20, 2010, 02:03:39 AM »

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: November 20, 2010, 04:38:00 AM »

Lovely, Brandi.

The Monkeys who made artwork, loving sentiments, cakes, and anything else to celebrate the Life of Zahra, have done such heartfelt work.  She would love all of you.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: November 20, 2010, 04:40:25 AM »

I am not sure you saw that I posted earlier about this scene.  Love it, thanks hon!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: November 20, 2010, 04:46:15 AM »

Thank you, Brandi and CBB for the beautiful remembrances for Zahra.

Thank you, Klaas and mods for SM and this thread for Zahra.

Thank you, Monkeys who always post news about Zahra's case.

Thank you to those who post your hearts and prayers for Zahra.

Thank you to those who are attending the memorial for Zahra.

Thank you to those who are organizing the memorial for Zahra.

Thank you to investigators who worked so hard for Zahra.

Thank you to the DA's office for seeking justice for Zahra.

Thank you to those who will hold accountable the system that failed Zahra.

Thank you to those who vow to speak up for abused children, in honor of Zahra.

Thank you, Monkeys, for caring about Zahra and all children who are hurt or missing.

Happy Birthday to Beautiful, Brave, Smiling Zahra.

Thank you, Desi, for saying it the way I struggled to.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: November 20, 2010, 05:11:17 AM »

Tell me lord, for I’m a God fearing man, I’m not the smartest, by no means, I just need some sort of answer, I’ve pondered for hours, days, weeks, I don’t understand. I try to live right, following your word, Love thy neighbor, share the word, lend a helping hand, not for money, or thanks, Just to be a blessing to be a profit of the lord helping less fortunate – don’t ask for nothing. The breath in my lungs, the heartbeat in my chest, is about all I need, sometimes a cup of coffee, pack of crackers, money has no purpose, can’t by love, or life
All the murders caused by greed Happiness can’t be bought, to a Gipsy what’s a home, I ask for nothing in life except to help less fortunate- then to be left alone, for all my family has come & gone, it’s easy for me to see. God- you’ve not left me without food, nor shelter, The breath in my lungs, the heartbeat in my chest, I’ll never claim to be perfect, some things in life I can cover up, forget, or leave behind. But I feel your presence, never really alone, There’s nothing I could hide from you – before I do something my question is this right or wrong, Here for a month now I can’t understand a precious child’s life was taken-remains scattered across the land, I know I’m wrong God. But why? Help me understand, There’s those who don’t deserve their next breath, killers, rapist, child molesters, Those who miss treat the elderly. But a precious child’s life cut short, after enduring so much pain. Struggled from the start, fought so hard, to be alive, found in pieces. But how you’re here by my side, why couldn’t you step in, she went missing for so long, slowly she was found, she was killed in your presence, Remember Lord I’m a god fearing man, I fear no other man. I just need a answer-God help me understand-it’s too late now Lord. Before the next child is harmed. Remember, I’m a sinful person, ask for forgiveness each and every day, I’m an old man leave me, shelter our children with your loving hands. She was there with her killers all alone – with a strike of lighting – massive heart attack, to her killers, Her mother could have took her home, Remember Lord I’m a God fearing man, I just need an answer. God help me understand. As my faith was tested, tried and true, I’m still a god fearing man, This is a small crack in our foundation still strong, But God I pray although she’s gone, make an example of her killers. Please I beg of you. This can never happen again. Remember Lord, I’m a god fearing man. Remember lord, you’ve took my whole family, in this world all alone very few would miss me. Please Lord this can’t go on….What happened to Zahra Baker? please help me lift my head and wipe the tears from my eyes, Lord I'm listening WHY?
Written by: Tim Andrews
On Christy Rd.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/thezahraproject

I want to wipe his tears and lessen the tears of everyone else who has been experiencing such deep pain and emptiness, from our loss of Zahra.  I want to comfort them, and selfishly, I want to feel comfort from them.  Hopefully, gathering as a group and hugging each other as tight as we can, will help ease some of the intense pain.

Zahra, you are realizing such great joy, please, ask our Lord to release us from some of the pain we all experience today.  God love you, Honey, there are so many people who love you intensely. 

God, thank You for pouring Your love out for Zahra.  Please forgive us for not being there for her when she needed us.  Help us to help Your children and protect them from harm. You have entrusted Your most precious valuables to us.  Please help us to treat them with the respect they deserve and learn to cherish them the way You have.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #819 on: November 20, 2010, 08:15:46 AM »

Call's to police were made child's services, reportly.  These scum bucket, relatives, who witnessed or heard the child's screams, could have recorded it on their cell phone. That would be evidence to have a recording of pictures of video, since it happened frequently, the beatings.

These people did not want to really put theirselves on the spot.

SM hand hurt from was beating on Zayra's leg, a relative said on NG. Good God! What leg? SM beat the child for a white lie, how about making her peel potatoes? This child was through so much pain, she had a high resistance to agony.

Why didn't Nancy Grace ask "why didn't you record the beatings, on your cell phone"?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.