May 22, 2024, 08:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 446515 times)
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1860 on: February 22, 2010, 12:56:13 PM »

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, (read "rant,) let me just say that the arrogance of these people on the defense side absolutely floors me!  Do they really believe this (insert word here,) they are spewing?  Here's Lyons, admitting to "mishcontruing" her leonine head off, (in print, no less,) but we, the putative jury pool, are supposed to sit meekly by and swallow whatever (insert another word here,) she dishes up.  This is outrageous, I am sputtering now, swelling up like a toad, in an iambic pentameter snit... There are no words for the contempt they display to the public.  And because of this, the contempt I personally have for those who lie proudly and unashamedly is incalculable.
Sorry, this article hit me the wrong way.  I know they lie, I know they believe that any end justifies their means, but man, this frosts me.

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

right there with you both!
Oh Patooey.   Count me in with ya ll.   So she feels it's ok to 'enhance' the story of these poor misunderstood violent murderers to help us ? Sounds like a couple that were cited in this article were repeat offenders, guess they didn't learn the first time that killing another human being is wrong.  She's as slimy as the bad guys just in an uptown way.   

Snipped from article

There also are cases in which Lyon finds that her clients were innocent

How about knowing your client is guilty and allowing an innocent man to sit in prison for 26 years. Way to go lyin lyons…….
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1861 on: February 22, 2010, 01:37:18 PM »

Oh, and while I'm on a roll, (read "rant,) let me just say that the arrogance of these people on the defense side absolutely floors me!  Do they really believe this (insert word here,) they are spewing?  Here's Lyons, admitting to "mishcontruing" her leonine head off, (in print, no less,) but we, the putative jury pool, are supposed to sit meekly by and swallow whatever (insert another word here,) she dishes up.  This is outrageous, I am sputtering now, swelling up like a toad, in an iambic pentameter snit... There are no words for the contempt they display to the public.  And because of this, the contempt I personally have for those who lie proudly and unashamedly is incalculable.
Sorry, this article hit me the wrong way.  I know they lie, I know they believe that any end justifies their means, but man, this frosts me.

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

Oh Patooey.   Count me in with ya ll.   So she feels it's ok to 'enhance' the story of these poor misunderstood violent murderers to help us ? Sounds like a couple that were cited in this article were repeat offenders, guess they didn't learn the first time that killing another human being is wrong.  She's as slimy as the bad guys just in an uptown way.   

Snipped from article

How about knowing your client is guilty and allowing an innocent man to sit in prison for 26 years. Way to go lyin lyons…….

that's collateral damage, just like the real victims, the murdered innocents,  she doesn't care.  Should be interesting what she will do to manipulate kc's image, it will interesting to watch kc being 'handled' by Lyons instead of her man, baez.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1862 on: February 22, 2010, 01:37:29 PM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

Respectfully, I do not find anything uptown about that woman.  A pig with lipstick is nothing more than a pig with lipstick on. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1863 on: February 22, 2010, 01:38:04 PM »

Casey also told Annie she doesn’t know what could have happened to her car while it wasn’t in her possession.

Casey alluded to Annie that Jesse Grund had a key to her car and may have done something to it after it was abandoned.

Annie also stated that Casey wasn’t that smart to do this alone, and this was her own opinion.

So with this said, poor Jesse Grund. Sounds like Casey is point the finger again, even if there is no evidence whatsoever that Jesse had anything to do with this. I am unsure why this whole family has done this, as Jesse seems to be one of the best people that has ever happened to Casey and Caylee, of course that just wasn’t good enough for Casey!!

http://humbleopinion.wordpress.com/2009/02/19/casey-anthony-update-19-february-2009-annie-downing-part-2/

I hate to imply that Jesse Grund may have used steroids, I have no knowledge of such.  BUT, I have wondered if he did and if on Casey's mysterious shower use at Jesse's,(July 1st)  did she grab a used syringe to throw into the woods with Caylee???????????????

Hi akmom!  When the syringe and gatorade bottle was found to have steroids....that was my first thought, either Jesse or his roommate......there was some reason for KC going over there and IMO it wasn't to take a shower.

Hi Sunny!  Yes, Casey always has a motive behind everything she does.  I have always thought that she picked up something from his apartment that day to implicate him.  Poor Jesse.

Me too!  That was no casual visit, and she didn't need a shower according to Jesse. Part of me is scared that one of the things she took from his bathroom was found with Caylee's remains, and that is what the SA wants withheld from JB.

WO, I hadn't even thought about that possibility

Respectfully totally disagree

Its getting beyond sickening how this young man is being smeared at every turn - Casey started a firestorm out of spite towards him just like her heinous acts were to spite her mother, its a pattern.   The State would not be seeking to have a private meeting with the judge if they found out Jesse was taking steroids or had access to a syringe that could by wild stretch of the imagination be linked to this case with no evidence that he used it, they would be admonished unmercifully if they were asking to conceal such a thing if there was evidence that he used that very needle found at the crime scene - that's not it
I think what the state has is  testimony from Domin Casey . Is not that a possibility?

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1864 on: February 22, 2010, 01:39:19 PM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

Snipped from article

Andrea is very lucky that no one has acted out on her and harmed her

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1865 on: February 22, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

Respectfully, I do not find anything uptown about that woman.  A pig with lipstick is nothing more than a pig with lipstick on. 

Lol trim your so right on my friend.

Loca
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1866 on: February 22, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »

CASEY ANTHONY: FACT OR FICTION?   

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Free-Press-Release.com) February 21, 2010

National, USA – Helping Heroes will host a BlogTalkRadio “Voices for Justice: Casey Anthony Case this coming Sunday, February 28, 2010 6-7p.m. (Pacific Time). The show will explore the case against Casey Anthony; does the prosecution have what it takes to win this trial?
Our panel will take your calls on Sunday. Is the Smoking Gun, Smokin? Is this a factual case or fiction? Can this woman get a fair trial? No matter how you feel about her, did the media help you in coming to the conclusion of guilt or do you need more evidence to back up the claim that she and only Casey murdered her daughter Caylee Marie. Will the real CMA please step forward...the saga continues, join us Sunday!

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-casey-anthony-fact-or-fiction-1266811731.html
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1867 on: February 22, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

National, USA – Helping Heroes will host a BlogTalkRadio “Voices for Justice: Casey Anthony Case this coming Sunday, February 28, 2010 6-7p.m. (Pacific Time). The show will explore the case against Casey Anthony; does the prosecution have what it takes to win this trial?
Our panel will take your calls on Sunday. Is the Smoking Gun, Smokin? Is this a factual case or fiction? Can this woman get a fair trial? No matter how you feel about her, did the media help you in coming to the conclusion of guilt or do you need more evidence to back up the claim that she and only Casey murdered her daughter Caylee Marie. Will the real CMA please step forward...the saga continues, join us Sunday!

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-casey-anthony-fact-or-fiction-1266811731.html

Oh boy.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1868 on: February 22, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »

After reading the book, “people who were in favor of the death penalty or weren’t sure how they felt about the death penalty come away feeling a little bit different,” she said. “They feel like they have some sense of who the human beings are.”

Yes, Andrea we do have more sense than you......Caylee Marie was a beautiful, innocent, precious "human being"....MURDERED by an "animal",
her own mother. Yes we're very clear on who the human being is versus the animal (your client).

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1869 on: February 22, 2010, 04:47:45 PM »

After reading the book, “people who were in favor of the death penalty or weren’t sure how they felt about the death penalty come away feeling a little bit different,” she said. “They feel like they have some sense of who the human beings are.”

Yes, Andrea we do have more sense than you......Caylee Marie was a beautiful, innocent, precious "human being"....MURDERED by an "animal",
her own mother. Yes we're very clear on who the human being is versus the animal (your client).

Indeed! well said!

Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1870 on: February 22, 2010, 05:11:08 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

I can't tell you how angry this makes me, from the headline to the closing remark, it seems as if this was an issue that was in some doubt as to its outcome.
Only 2 things of direct import pin this on KC, the first is the fact that the disappearance of Caylee went unreported for 1 month by her mother and the second is paper towels found in her car had grave wax on them.

Now I can just about guarantee you that nobody in the normal day to day living of life has grave wax of ANY kind in their car or ever will have, unless they have been messing about with dead bodies. So if that grave wax didn't come from Caylee then I guess KC killed someone else.... The other item we can't slip under the rug like its nothing, is going out and having a good time while ones child could be anywhere having been stolen by a vengeful nanny. What mother wouldn't be crying hysterically and calling the police the moment it happened.

Bottom line she killed someone and was pretty darn happy about it...what more do you need!

This isn't a "who dunnit" it's a "why did she do it" and how much longer do we have to wait for justice for Caylee!!!

ccndixie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1871 on: February 22, 2010, 05:13:26 PM »

Monkalicious -- an "iambic pentameter snit?"......
You go, girl.  Down here in the deep south we call that
"madder'n a wet hen."  Either way, move over and make
room for me on that branch of yours.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1872 on: February 22, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »

Getting to know your death row inmate   
CHICAGO LIT | Attorney's book introduces us to those she's represented

Andrea D. Lyon would like to acquaint you with the kinds of people who face the death penalty.

Lyon, who handled 136 murder cases, many of them as a Cook County public defender, thinks people charged in capital cases too often are portrayed as inhuman. To add some insight into who they are, as well as to tell her own story, she wrote Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer (Kaplan, $24.94). The book ranges over her experiences, from her days as a would-be Atticus Finch eager in 1976 to get onto the public defender’s homicide task force, to an experienced litigator ready to hand over the torch to a younger generation of lawyers.

A theme throughout her memoir is her repeated discovery that the stories behind even brutal crimes can be more complex than they at first appear.

“People are a product of a lot of different forces, and they end up where they end up for a lot of different reasons,” Lyon said.

In Angel of Death Row, Lyon, who now is associate dean for clinical programs at the DePaul University College of Law, revisits memorable cases she handled while working in Cook County and later while on the faculty at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. In each case, as she investigates the backgrounds of the defendants she represents, she learns about poverty, childhood abuse, domestic violence or other factors.

But that often not is the image the public sees, she said.   

“They are cardboard cutouts of evil,” Lyon said. “I wanted to tell my own story, but I also wanted to tell, even more important, my clients’ stories, so people could see that they are human beings, whether they are innocent or guilty or somewhere in the middle.”

Because her motive is not to re-argue the cases, Lyon has taken some liberties with names and dates to help move the narrative along, although she used the real names of family members, friends and many of her colleagues.

“With the exception of mentioning Madison Hobley in the epilogue ... all my clients’ names have been changed,” Lyon said. “The prosecutors and the judges, all those names have been changed.”

Also, to flesh out her stories, she admits to juggling certain events around.

“I took some liberties,” Lyon said. “I would put a conversation with a guard in to help further the story in a particular chapter when that conversation may have happened in a different case altogether. But it helps tell the story of what I was facing, or what my client was facing.”

Some of the cases seem recognizable. The story of “Juliette Vega” — on Death Row for killing her husband years after killing her baby — is closely parallel to that of Lyon’s client Guinevere Garcia, whose death sentence was commuted to life in prison by former Gov. Jim Edgar in 1996.

The story of “Lonnie Fields” sounds much like that of wheelchair-bound former police officer Hutchie Moore, who in 1983 shot and killed his ex-wife’s divorce lawyer, James Piszczor, and Judge Henry Gentile in a Cook County courtroom.

Similarly, the trial of  “Richard Waterman” closely tracks that of Robert Langford, who at 15 was convicted of murder when he handed a gun to another boy, who killed a gang member. Langford served 20 years. He was released, and then convicted of killing two people in a drug war.

In each case, though, Lyon found extenuating circumstances.

Vega, whose mother had committed suicide, was raped by an uncle starting at age 6, and at 16 was sold by her family to a green-card-seeking immigrant. After she married, it turned out her husband was violent. Fields’ life “was marked by poverty, racism, disease, poor choices and bad luck.” Waterman left home at 12 because he could no longer bear being unable to stop his drunken father from beating his mother, including cutting open her stomach and pulling “some of it out.” At 15, he was imprisoned with violent men who raped him day after day.

There also are cases in which Lyon finds that her clients were innocent, after all.

“The justice system gets it wrong more than we think,” she said, one reason she is proud that in the 19 death penalty cases she argued, not one of her clients was sentenced to die.

Along the way, Lyon talks of the difficulties of being the first woman to try a case for the homicide task force and the first woman to serve as a lead attorney on a Cook County death penalty case. She also takes some merciless shots at prosecutors and judges. But her primary goal is to introduce the reader to her clients.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/books/2057492,chicago-lit-andrea-lyon-022110.article

I am sick of attorney's making excuses for murderers, rapists, child and adult abusers...blaming it on their childhood, their environment........if everyone who is NOT raise in a Beaver Cleaver Home or if everyone who was reared in poverty, or suffered childhood abuse or domestic violence or other factors, went out and murdered, raped, beat, tortured or abused other people, the prisons would outnumber the churches in this country After having worked for a death penalty attorney and reading case files, seeing pictures that gave me nightmares for weeks at a time and talking to victims and victims families, and defendant's and their families, seeing the lack of emotion for their victims... NOTHING can change my mind about the death penalty.  I would love to see the reaction of attorney's like AL if their loved one was the victim...beaten, raped murdered and mutilated....bet they would be singing a different tune. They, SHE would be screaming DEATH to the heavens.  No, not every murder warrants the DP....but MANY DO and many are plea bargained down to lesser charges to save the victim's family from a trial. I understand this...if it's the family's choice. As far as I am concerned AL and her tactics are a disgrace to humanity. A disgrace to every victim and victim family. The devil is dancing, waiting for her and the like of her to join him in eternal fire.

Notice the last paragraph in the posted article.....notice the she said  SHE SAID MY AZZ

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1873 on: February 22, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »

me too Monka...this crap makes my blood boil and makes me think about ripping someone's throat out!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1874 on: February 22, 2010, 06:00:05 PM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

me too...!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1875 on: February 22, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

mizjay..I agree with all you said except the uptown part..IMO she is cutter trash, no where near uptown

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1876 on: February 22, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »

I'm with ya Monkalicious 

Snipped from article

She found them innocent?  Did a jury?  I wouldn't believe a thing that came out of her venomous mouth!

that to me showed how little she cared about anything except her record....she should have never been allowed to continue in the legal profession as far as I am concerned.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1877 on: February 22, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »

I think what the state has is  testimony from Domin Casey . Is not that a possibility?

loca, since none of us know.....anyone's thought is as legit as the next....none of us know what it is...but we'd sure be interested in finding out...SOON@  I hope it's something from DC....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1878 on: February 22, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »

Snipped from article

Andrea is very lucky that no one has acted out on her and harmed her

loca, I ripped her throat out (in my mind_ in the last half hour

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1879 on: February 22, 2010, 06:21:06 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

National, USA – Helping Heroes will host a BlogTalkRadio “Voices for Justice: Casey Anthony Case this coming Sunday, February 28, 2010 6-7p.m. (Pacific Time). The show will explore the case against Casey Anthony;
 does the prosecution have what it takes to win this trial? YES!
 Our panel will take your calls on Sunday. Oh I can't wait
 Is the Smoking Gun, Smokin? YES
 Is this a factual case or fiction? FACT, Caylee is dead and Casey murdered her
Can this woman get a fair trial? YES, I am tired of some people acting like the general public are animals out for a blood letting....
 No matter how you feel about her, did the media help you in coming to the conclusion of guilt or do you need more evidence to back up the claim that she and only Casey murdered her daughter Caylee Marie. No, the evidence did that.
 Will the real CMA please step forward...she can't, the real CMA sits in jail charged with 1st dregree murder of her child!

the saga continues, join us Sunday!  NO CHIT!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.