May 01, 2024, 07:28:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #127 4/25/09 - 5/01/09  (Read 291398 times)
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1220 on: April 29, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys - I see it has been busy in here.  Last night I decided to take a break and enjoy the nice weather we were having and when I came in late the cage was rockin.  I love all the eye candy Boo - wooo hooo.  I have some catching up to do and will be lurking most of the day here from work.

I hope we get docs and I wish you all a great day.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1221 on: April 29, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »

The walls are closing in on BJ.  He is scrambling. He can't leave one defense strategy behind and then decide to pick it up later.  It's proving our theory that he is an idiot.
  You are absolutely right.  He was so adament that Casey was not mentally unstable, I could never figure out why he wanted to show his cards like that, IIRCC we monkeys took up nearly an entire thread discussing it and how it was odd that he would contradict the wishes of the DP attorney.  Now he wants to back peddle and try to use this "ugly grieving" just does not add up.  I guess I am struck with disbelief that he really is that stupid.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1222 on: April 29, 2009, 09:31:58 AM »

Casey Anthony case: WESH explores 'ugly coping'
posted by halboedeker on Apr 28, 2009 11:53:12 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

How to explain Casey Anthony's behavior after her daughter disappeared?

WESH-Channel 2 tonight explored the issue of "ugly coping" -- or a defendant's not grieving in an appropriate way.

The record shows that Anthony partied, lied and waited a month to acknowledge that daughter Caylee  was missing. Anthony is charged with Caylee's murder.

In an interview with WESH, Jose Baez, Anthony's attorney, gave an oft-repeated line: "She has a very compelling reason for her actions."

That's all he was saying about his client. But Baez evidently sees a parallel in the case of a military wife who partied, purchased breast implants and slept around after her husband's death. Cynthia Sommer was charged with her husband's murder, but she was later freed after two years in jail.

"She lost her emotional compass. She went off the deep end," Sommer's attorney, Allen Bloom, said. "This is not an unusual phenomenon."

WESH reporter Bob Kealing recounted Sommer's story and then speculated: "Will Jose Baez use Cynthia Sommer, the case he told us about, to help him in the case against Casey? Can this notion of ugly coping be applied to Casey's partying, lying and apparent disinterest over the loss of little Caylee?"

WESH anchor Jim Payne followed that with another question: "By steering you to this case does Baez tip his hand?"

Then Kealing said that Baez's spokeswoman said the Sommer connection is "not an accurate representation of the defense strategy."

Kealing added, "We're not saying this is going to be his defense."

Which raises a question: Why was this report shown?

Oh, it's sweeps month.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/04/casey-anthony-case-wesh-explores-ugly-coping.html
Well, the ugly part fits.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1223 on: April 29, 2009, 09:36:28 AM »

Good morning Monkeys -- I am trying to figure out how you go with a PTSD defense without a mental health care expert.  This person would have to see her and visit her I would think.  JMO. 

I thought it was mentioned that she has seen the doctor in the jail several times. Maybe I'm mistaken. Not that she has had a full blown psych eval, but I bet JB has been feeding her on how to act and what to say to any doctor who questions her.

I have done a great deal of PTSD research and treated PTSD clients.  I have never seen this type of behavior from PTSD.  Most clients will experience flashbacks and fall into a feeling of helplessness or some can become aggressive, maybe even violent.  People with PTSD have triggers that cause them to relieve the trauma (it can be a word, smell, place, or other things)  so all of those times she sat in court and listened to their description of Caylee's body she never reacted.  That is not possible for a PTSD victim.  Not to make light of this, but wouldn't she have gotten up on the table and started dancing?  BJ better thread very cautiously on this.  Florida State University has some world renowed experts on PTSD.

I agree.She does not suffer PTSD.No way.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1224 on: April 29, 2009, 09:36:59 AM »

Good morning my dears. 

Sadly, I stayed up late to watch SVU. Ripped from the headlines. 

Good night!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose it was worth it to see Gail O'Grady's Cindy impression. 

What have I missed? Docs????

Hey GNM 

Cindy wishes she look like that.
Maybe we will get some docs today.I emailed the news sites ......nothing back yet.
That one guy from last week I did hear from indicated it would be this week.

What got me was the hairdo OMG!!!! and how STUPID the mother was. Wow. Take that Cindy. And "Ralph" shot himself. Yike. 

Oh, Casey wishes she looked like Hillary Duff. 

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1225 on: April 29, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »

"She lost her emotional compass. She went off the deep end," Sommer's attorney, Allen Bloom, said. "This is not an unusual phenomenon."

Problem is CASEY NEVER HAD ONE. No moral or emotional compass to begin with.

Oh lordy. I envision lots of eye rolling during this trial. 

I remember you, Caylee.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1226 on: April 29, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »

Good morning!    Today''s gotta be doc dump day

Well so much for Bozo's latest stab at a defense for Casey!   Look at the Wesh2 poll results so far...bwahahaaa

Do you think the "ugly coping" defense could explain Casey Anthony's behavior after her daughter Caylee went missing?
Choice  Votes  Percentage of 236 Votes 
Yes 8 3%
No 220 93%
Maybe 8 3%
Thank you for participating in our survey.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19317898/detail.html

I wonder how Joy managed to wrangle up 7 friends to help her vote. 
Falling down and writhing laughing--that was great!

Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #1227 on: April 29, 2009, 09:39:30 AM »

Any mental defect defense requires admission of guilt.

Not gonna happen!   
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1228 on: April 29, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »

What went on in here last night is unacceptable!!    Most people come here to catch up on the case and discuss it without 40 pages of repetitive, nonstop off topic!! THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM!!! Take it to musing. Muffy, help me out here. You have a way with words 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1229 on: April 29, 2009, 09:45:56 AM »

Good morning Monkeys -- I am trying to figure out how you go with a PTSD defense without a mental health care expert.  This person would have to see her and visit her I would think.  JMO. 

I thought it was mentioned that she has seen the doctor in the jail several times. Maybe I'm mistaken. Not that she has had a full blown psych eval, but I bet JB has been feeding her on how to act and what to say to any doctor who questions her.

Casey did have a full psy eval very early on, it is sealed with the court, if Im not mistaken she has been seen by more than one psychiatrist/psychologist since her original arrest.  The defense is only making her guilt more obvious by throwing out mental health issues months later, Lenamon cited PTSD, postpartum or bi-polar disorder in his report along with a ton of other happy horsepoop, now Bozo is making a slight of hand mention of PTSD again.   So which is it?  Are they saying they are putting forward a defense that Casey was traumatized and that's why she conducted herself like a lying, stealing hoe BUT miraculously and with no medical treatment she recovered enough to actively participate in her defense?  Here's a question for the defense, if they were so convinced Casey was suffering a serious mental health issue why did they not insist that she be reprimanded to a criminal psy hospital for treatment?  IIRC we have not seen any records that the defense has sent their own doctors to see and/or evaluate their client.  If they are going to put together a "pie defense" and cut it into several pieces they are risking the obvious being transparent. 
ITA Cappy, and to my knowledge the only time she ever asked for any "medical/mental" treatment is the day they found poor Caylee's body and she asked for a sedative. If she were crazy, wouldn't they have her on daily medication like Zoloft?

They'd need something stronger than Zoloft. 

And I believe one of the docs on NG said sociopath is a personality disorder not a mental illness. Wonder how that would play out in court???

I don't think she's crazy. Just evil.

You are right, she is EVIL.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1230 on: April 29, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »

I just do not see it working.  We have Lee quoted on tape and in police reports saying that Casey said, verbadum, "Maybe I am just a SPITEFULL bitch".  That is not "ugly coping", that is being evil, being nuts, being SPITEFULL.  She said it, her own words.  Case closed!!!

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1231 on: April 29, 2009, 09:47:19 AM »

I just do not see it working.  We have Lee quoted on tape and in police reports saying that Casey said, verbadum, "Maybe I am just a SPITEFULL bitch".  That is not "ugly coping", that is being evil, being nuts, being SPITEFULL.  She said it, her own words.  Case closed!!!
Dolce, did you get a reply from Kathi Belich yet?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1232 on: April 29, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »

Good Morning, Happy Birthday Boo.  Kudos to SVU, to weave in a very important topic, to vaccinate your child or not, they did a great job on the episode, and Cindy, yes, that is the way you act, but unfortunately 10 times worse.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1233 on: April 29, 2009, 09:49:05 AM »

Not gonna happen!   
You are right, it will never happen. 
Baez even hinting at it is to show that she was coping, in an abnormal way, to grief.  In order to be grieving she must have known Caylee was dead.  What else would she be grieving for?  That she had to watch "Jumper"?  (I grieved over that)
Makes no sense.  If you are going to come out with this JB you first need to catch up to your ass.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1234 on: April 29, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »

What went on in here last night is unacceptable!!    Most people come here to catch up on the case and discuss it without 40 pages of repetitive, nonstop off topic!! THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM!!! Take it to musing. Muffy, help me out here. You have a way with words 
Sorry Nutt. I tried to stay on topic. Please slap me with the ruler. I will be on topic today. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1235 on: April 29, 2009, 09:50:23 AM »

Not a single word as of yet.  She better reply or I am going to take back my Jessica Denafrio remark.     Just kidding, I still love Kathi, she is probably mondo busy trying to keep up with this spiral that JB is doing.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: April 29, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »

Not gonna happen!   

It seems the defense is putting forward a mental disorder to excuse her behavior in that 31 day period but not using it towards her guilt or innocence but rather that she was traumatized by a fictitious nanny or anyone they can claim to be "Zanny."   They are forgetting something key to the case, her computer searches up to 3 months in advance of Caylee's murder on how to make chloroform, neck breaking, household weapons, research on missing children & o yes a fake Zenaida myspace.

That courtroom is going to need to borrow an old trick from the Anthonys and have a water hose in there to clean the walls down from all the bunk and bull that will be thrown around in it.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1237 on: April 29, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Right. Right. Well, in this case, we`ve seen the state has all along -- they`ve turned things over to the defense. Maybe a week or two later, they`ve released it to the public. And just -- we just found out that the defense has gotten those Amscot photos, as well as some interviews from Leonard Padilla, his associates Rob Dick and Tracy McLaughlin (ph), as well as about 500 pages of other evidence that aren`t described in the paperwork.

What from the above mentioned are you most anxious to get your paws on?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1238 on: April 29, 2009, 09:56:03 AM »

Its kinda funny how both Cindy and Baez say there is not way Casey will take a plea deal... But little do they know... That will just seal her fate with the DP... WHAT IDIOTS!!! .... If Casey was my child, I would BEG her to take a plea deal... Who cares what the rest of the world thinks... She wouldn't be killed... These people are the biggest Morons ever!... For me, I'm glad they're so stupid, cuz I want Casey to get the DP... But for them... Why would they want that for her???

Good Morning Monks...old and new!!

I agree....they know she killed Caylee and still they talk about her not taking a plea...but when you think about it...it really is no surprise....these people think they are above everything and everybody. They think they are about the law...look at how they acted during the depos   They really think they are smarter than the LE, the FBI, the scientists at the Body Farm and Quantico......they live in some world that exists in the evil heads that the rest of us, thankfully, cannot go.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1239 on: April 29, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »

Not a single word as of yet.  She better reply or I am going to take back my Jessica Denafrio remark.     Just kidding, I still love Kathi, she is probably mondo busy trying to keep up with this spiral that JB is doing.

You know Kathi Belich want those documents as bad as we do. 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.