May 21, 2024, 12:51:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #12 7/29/10 - 8/02/10  (Read 173578 times)
grumpychick
Scared Monkey

« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2010, 12:16:59 PM »

CSI The Experience, at MGM Grand in the Studio Walk is very well done and Terri and Kaine must have thought it was appropriate to bring the kids, it does recommend ages 12 and up, but that was there decision to make a family day there. It is actually an interesting learning experience.

ITA!
My kids really enjoyed it!

Ditto. You know, all kids are different. My 8-y-o son LOVES mysteries and thrillers, scary stories, etc, and he is much more curious about the 'how' things work (ie, he would wonder what stops first, a brain or a heart). IOW, he is so analytical that he wouldn't even mull over the emotional elements of death/destruction/mystery that many of us would. He simply enjoys the "inner workings" of events and ideas, and I'm okay with that as long as it's not an obsession. Now, my 7-y-o son, on the other hand...would run out screaming!! LOL

All kids definitely are different!
When we went to The CSI Experience my kids were 14 and 17 and totally into it.
My daughter at 7 would have been able to handle it, she's always been more mature than her chronological age & very little fazes her.
My son at 7? He probably would've found it a little overwhelming, not because of the content but because of how much was going on around him.

I honestly don't remember it being all that creepy or graphic though.
But I was looking at it through the eyes of a parent with teenage children.

It is the nature of the truth, to struggle to the light.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2010, 12:17:37 PM »

Yes, it was their decision to take their children to a CSI exhibit.  Actually, that was my point.  I am of the opinion that they, especially Terri, haven't shown a lot of responsibility in choices for Kyron.  After all, he is missing.
Because both parents took the kids on outings, outings that they seemed to enjoy? One can only take so much of Mickey Mouse and the gang. I don't understand what is the difference where they took the kids on vacation, at least they did and spent time with them, a lot of parents don't do this for various reasons.

Yes, many parents can't afford to take their children on expensive vacations.  Terri and Kaine were lucky to have been able to have the wherewithal to do so.  However, I don't think that family time should be spent in activity such as viewing crime scenes.  Just as certain TV shows are not appropriate, neither are some exhibits.  IMO it is Terri who has an inordinate interest in crime and it was at her behest that they even were at that exhibit. 

I suppose this is just another instance where I can't agree with the prevailing opinion.
Everybody has different thoughts on raising kids and what is appropriate and what is not. And no matter what you do inside your home you have no control what your kid is watching at his/hers friends house, even if you think you do. Kaine must have been alright with this since he was the one working and paying for trips.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »

SM is twisted placing her baby in front of a CSI pic with crime tape. It wasn't clever, it was cool, it was stupid. 

Good morning, Seahorse.  That was my thought too.  How inappropriate to take those children to some kind of murder exhibit.  They should be interacting with Mickey Mouse, not dead bodies.

I am in agreement Babybear.  You and I would not have made the same decision as Kaine and Terri but ... it was their call.

On Wednesday evening hubby and I took our four grandkids (7-12) to the movie "Indispicable Me".  It was great ... enjoyed by all.  Reminded us of "Up".  Anyways there was a young couple (30's?) standing in front of me in the ticket lineup with two little guys.  After conversing with them for a couple of minutes ... I learned that the four of them were going to a Twilight movie.  I inquired as to the ages of their sons.  The answer ... seven and nine years of age.  Apparently ... these boys had been taken to another Twilight movie and loved "being scared".

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »

When I look at the pictures I see a family that appears to enjoy different outings, and were lucky enough to go on them. The kids all looked well fed and taken care of physically.

I agree.

Something happening following the birth of Kiara that changed everything in regards to the dynamics that once implied by ALL indications a very close family.  IMO.

Janet

+++++

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM

According to friends and family, the Hormans are a tight-knit, loving family that enjoys doing things together.

They play board games, go bowling with friends and take trips. In 2009, they visited Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla. Late last year they went to the Roloff Farm in Helvetia where the reality TV show "Little People, Big World" is filmed. And recently, they peered at the animals at the Oregon Zoo.

Terri volunteered at Skyline School, where Kyron was in second grade, and she took him to swimming lessons with James and with Kiara.

"They're very nice people," said Adam Farber, who runs a swimming school and taught Kyron to swim and worked on strokes with James. Farber had no idea until he went missing that Kyron was Terri's stepchild. "They all fit in really well." ....

Family and friends say she is a focused mom.

"She's a pretty attentive mom," said Tarver, her first husband.

Her second spouse, Richard Ecker, has kind words to say about her as well: "She was always a gifted teacher. She did as much for the school and the kids as she could."

He couldn't imagine his ex-wife doing anything to harm a child.

"She would never hurt a child," he said. "She's not wired that way."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »

According to Kaine Horman's own words .....

Janet

+++++

Kaine Horman: "Terri was a good person when we first met"
Posted on July 16, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Updated today at 1:56 PM

In his response to questions from KGW, Kaine acknowledged that people have commented about 'how could he marry a woman like this' and how could he 'not see this coming.'

In response, he wrote: "Terri was a good person when we first met and for several years (I’d say up until 2008). She was always about children (teaching) and helping them grow and develop. Her attitude was always about those types of things first, her own self not even being a priority close to that. I believe that this is the Terri that everyone else saw and got to know as I did."

"Honestly everyone, including myself, that knew her or knows her did not see this coming. She was not the type of person we are seeing right now," added Kaine Horman.

"There were some signs of emotional distress here and there over the past year and a half but not enough of that directed at any one person to conclude she would be capable of anything even remotely close to events of the severity we have all seen."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-Terri-was-a-good-person-when-we-first-met-98620944.html

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: July 30, 2010, 12:59:11 PM »

According to Kaine Horman's own words .....

Janet

+++++

Kaine Horman: "Terri was a good person when we first met"
Posted on July 16, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Updated today at 1:56 PM

In his response to questions from KGW, Kaine acknowledged that people have commented about 'how could he marry a woman like this' and how could he 'not see this coming.'

In response, he wrote: "Terri was a good person when we first met and for several years (I’d say up until 2008). She was always about children (teaching) and helping them grow and develop. Her attitude was always about those types of things first, her own self not even being a priority close to that. I believe that this is the Terri that everyone else saw and got to know as I did."

"Honestly everyone, including myself, that knew her or knows her did not see this coming. She was not the type of person we are seeing right now," added Kaine Horman.

"There were some signs of emotional distress here and there over the past year and a half but not enough of that directed at any one person to conclude she would be capable of anything even remotely close to events of the severity we have all seen."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-Terri-was-a-good-person-when-we-first-met-98620944.html

Thanks, very sad whatever happened along the way.
marycat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #326 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble getting into the MCSO site for booking info? I tried last night after midnight and it hadn't been updated, then this morning I can't pull up the site at all. I have it bookmarked and am using the same way to open it as I always have and also tried going there using info data from MCSO home page. This is the error:

Server Error in '/PAID' Application.
Configuration Error

Thanks, Klaas and Nicubird,

I had to leave for a while and it is working again. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything of interest there. 
Yes, I'm getting the same error this morning but it was working fine last night for me.

The main page works http://www.mcso.us/public/ , it's just the two online information sites that don't. 

Civil Process
http://www.mcso.us/PAID/CivilPapersStatus.aspx

Inmate Data
http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Default.aspx

The "real time" booking logs aren't available but the "24 hour booking log" is still available for me. You won't be able to see today's bookings, but yesterday's booking log (and all previous days this week) is available as a pdf.

http://www.mcso.us/public/booking_log.htm
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #327 on: July 30, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »

If I saw a homeless child living in a vacant lot, out in the elements, no shelter, no provision for food, sleep, etc. I wouldn't post it on Facebook or wherever that was, I'd dial 911.  So would anyone else confronted with the same situation.  This is another hoax and whoever would play these games about a missing and likely deceased child is pond scum.

Reminds me of the airport sighting of Caylee.  The nut who reported it said that she asked the little girl her name and she said Caylee Marie Ant'ny. 1.  If a person kidnaps a child, that child will not be paraded out in the open or in a vacant lot.  2.  That child would not be allowed to speak to anyone.

This is so cruel to Kyron's parents but I'm sure they are intelligent enough to know this is a hoax.

ITA!  Living in a school garden?  Mmmmkay! 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: July 30, 2010, 01:21:40 PM »

This is the fb and fb photo of the person claiming the homeless story.  I'm skeptical:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1700452035

Be back in a bit

LOL!
tnmomb
Scared Monkey

« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »

Anyone hear about a report on a police scanner? Not going to spread rumors. Just wondering about a post I just saw.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2010, 01:24:16 PM »

Anyone hear about a report on a police scanner? Not going to spread rumors. Just wondering about a post I just saw.
No, I never listen to the police scanner.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »

Kyron Horman's mother and father to speak today
Posted on July 30, 2010 at 8:51 AM

PORTLAND -- The mother and father of missing Portland seven-year-old Kyron Horman are once again pleading for help to find him with a news conference planned for Friday morning.

"We love you Kyron, never give up hope," a choked up Desiree Young said from the Multnomah County Sheriff's office at a briefing on Tuesday. "We are all coming to get you to bring you home."

Kyron Horman's parents are scheduled to speak at 11 a.m. PT. Watch live coverage on NWCN or click back here for live streaming video.

Desiree told People Magazine this week she thinks someone is holding him alive. Desiree and Kaine Horman made several appearances this past week from the sheriff's news conference to a Dateline NBC special.

READ: Family statement (.pdf)

The reward for information that leads to missing Portland seven-year-old Kyron Horman was doubled Tuesday from $25,000 to $50,000 by an anonymous donor.

Multnomah County Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Captain Monte Reiser appeared with Kyron's mother Desiree Young, father Kaine and step-father Tony Young and delivered prepared statements during the 2 p.m. press conference. No questions from reporters were allowed.

DETAILS: Read police transcript

"We believe that Kyron’s disappearance involves criminal behavior because we have (the) parents that have been deprived of their son for 53 days," Moore said.

Investigators said they'd made "significant progress" in the investigation, and reaffirmed their belief that Kyron's disappearance involved "criminal behavior." Investigators said 11,000 man-hours had already been put into the case and 3,500 tips had been received since the boy disappeared from Skyline Elementary on June 4, in what has become the largest search effort in Oregon's history.

Speaking for the family, Desiree Young said they remained confident in law enforcements' efforts to bring Kyron home and to bring to justice to whomever was involved in his disappearance.

No suspects or persons of interest have been named in the case, but attention has focused on Kyron's step-mom, Terri Moulton Horman. She was the last person to report seeing Kyron after dropping him off. Detectives had not interviewed her since she retained high profile criminal defense attorney Stephen Houze in July.

In court documents, the boy's father Kaine Horman stated police had provided him with "probable cause" to believe that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance, plotted to have Kaine killed, and was having a sexual affair.

At Tuesday's press conference, Moore reiterated that authorities believe Kyron's disappearance involved criminal behavior, and that they were not aware of any similar case in the Northwest.

Last week, police searched the homes of three friends of Terri's to look for evidence. One of those friends was identified by Kyron's parents as DeDe Spicher. Reliable sources said police think Spicher has information about Terri's whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared.

A statement from Kaine and Kyron's mother Desiree Young also said Spicher is not cooperating with the investigation, but she appeared before a grand jury after a subpoena Monday and her attorney said she would continue to cooperate.

Earlier this month Kaine had Terri evicted from the family's NW Portland home and he returned to the home with Kiara.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/Kyron-Horman-Kaine-Horman-Desiree-Young-99629489.html

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2010, 01:27:49 PM »

Go ahead and post it with the warning that it could be total BS
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2010, 01:29:32 PM »

Reminder - in 30 minutes Kaine and Desiree will be speaking.  I'm assuming it is their PC and not an LE PC:

http://www.katu.com/news/live
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2010, 01:31:52 PM »

I noticed someone gave Terri an electric pancake griddle for Christmas. You don't think that would be enough to make her snap do you? 

I would have snapped?  If it had been a present from hubby ... no turkey drumstick for him!!

Janet

Funny Klaas should mention this. A few years ago I wanted one of those big griddles. My husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas, so in true spoiled brat form, I made a list! Haha. Anyway, on that list was a griddle. We have his, hers & ours - 5 kids combined. They love pancakes & bacon with Montreal Steak Seasoning on it! Well, my husband gave me the griddle a week before Christmas for 2 reason: 1) so that I had it ready to make breakfast the morning before Christmas as Christmas Eve breakfast has been tradition in our house since my kids were born (tons of pasta, seafood & rum cake at night)... and the 2nd most important reason) He said he gave it to me early bc if I would have opened it Christmas morning wrapped up as a gift I may have broken it over his head!

Sometimes it truly can be nice knowing my husband knows me so well...just sayin'...

lol.. how sweet!  on the want-list of my youngest son one year was.. an electrical mixer with all the lil doo-dad attachments.  around 11 years old.     well he got that, along with other stuff he wanted.  Little did I know then that we had an aspiring cook.  Today he is a chef at a fancy schmancy restaurant, with aspirations of owning his own restaurant one day. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »

Is the PC televised or just livestreaming? 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »

If I was Kaine, I wouldn't give Terri a dime until she told me where Kyron was!!!

I do believe that financial assets accumulated in a live-in relationship of over five years where the partner/wife is a stay-at-home mom are considered "ours".

Do I have that right.

Janet

Here are is some info as it applies to Oregon State:

Property Distribution: Since Oregon is an "equitable distribution" state, the marital property shall be divided in an equitable fashion. Equitable does not mean equal, but rather what is fair. The court will encourage the parties to reach a settlement on property and debt issues otherwise the court will declare the property award.

In dividing, awarding and distributing the real and personal property (or both) of the parties (or either of them) between the parties, or in making such property or any of it subject to a trust, and in fixing the amount and duration of the contribution one party is to make to the support of the other, the court shall not consider the fault, if any, of either of the parties in causing grounds for the annulment or dissolution of the marriage or for separation.

For the division or other disposition between the parties of the real or personal property, or both, of either or both of the parties as may be just and proper in all the circumstances. A retirement plan or pension or an interest therein shall be considered as property. The court shall consider the contribution of a spouse as a homemaker as a contribution to the acquisition of marital assets. There is a rebuttable presumption that both spouses have contributed equally to the acquisition of property during the marriage, whether such property is jointly or separately held. (Oregon Statutes - Volume 2 - Sections: 107.036, 107.105)

Spousal Support: Not all cases involve support from one spouse to the other. The obligation of one spouse to support the other financially for a temporary or permanent basis is decided on a case-by-case basis as agreed to by the parties or at the court's discretion.

Transitional spousal support as needed for a party to attain education and training necessary to allow the party to prepare for reentry into the job market or for advancement therein. The factors to be considered by the court in awarding transitional spousal support include but are not limited to: (i) The duration of the marriage; (ii) A party's training and employment skills; (iii) A party's work experience; (iv) The financial needs and resources of each party; (v) The tax consequences to each party; (vi) A party's custodial and child support responsibilities; and (vii) Any other factors the court deems just and equitable.

Compensatory spousal support when there has been a significant financial or other contribution by one party to the education, training, vocational skills, career or earning capacity of the other party and when an order for compensatory spousal support is otherwise just and equitable in all of the circumstances. The factors to be considered by the court in awarding compensatory spousal support include but are not limited to: (i) The amount, duration and nature of the contribution; (ii) The duration of the marriage; (iii) The relative earning capacity of the parties; (iv) The extent to which the marital estate has already benefited from the contribution; (v) The tax consequences to each party; and (vi) Any other factors the court deems just and equitable.

Spousal maintenance as a contribution by one spouse to the support of the other for either a specified or an indefinite period. The factors to be considered by the court in awarding spousal maintenance include but are not limited to: (i) The duration of the marriage; (ii) The age of the parties; (iii) The health of the parties, including their physical, mental and emotional condition; (iv) The standard of living established during the marriage; (v) The relative income and earning capacity of the parties, recognizing that the wage earner's continuing income may be a basis for support distinct from the income that the supported spouse may receive from the distribution of marital property; (vi) A party's training and employment skills; (vii) A party's work experience; (viii) The financial needs and resources of each party; (ix) The tax consequences to each party; (x) A party's custodial and child support responsibilities; and (xi) Any other factors the court deems just and equitable. (Oregon Statutes - Volume 2 - Sections: 107.036, 107.105, 107.412)

http://www.divorcesource.com/info/divorcelaws/oregon.shtml

Any wonder why marriages are down with today's youth?  One spouse does everything right, stays loyal, faithful, works his/her butt off to support the family, the other goes off screwing around, and the good spouse loses half.  (I know, I know, the word "equitable" is in there.  Believe me, that means differnent things to different judges and, most of the time, means 50/50 if the spouses are unable to agree).  Good grief. 

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2010, 01:35:22 PM »

O/T - Wyks, that is so cool that your son is a chef!

I have to go to KGW for live stream.  I don't have the plug-in for the other one.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: July 30, 2010, 01:36:51 PM »

Reminder - in 30 minutes Kaine and Desiree will be speaking.  I'm assuming it is their PC and not an LE PC:

http://www.katu.com/news/live

Also will be streamed here: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=3969&navCatId=4

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: July 30, 2010, 01:37:20 PM »

This picture is absolutely adorable! Brandi, I know the lighting is off a bit but hoping you can work your magic sugar! (Taken from Terri's June 2009 link just supplied)

I wonder who the woman in the blue dress with red hair is?

I am pages behind so if this has already been discussed, sorry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.