May 14, 2024, 05:07:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 242222 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2008, 01:06:56 AM »

CBB - just plug the "stick" (flash drive) into your USB port.  Then you can copy any of your photos or documents to that drive.  It will show up as a F drive or G drive or something like that.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2008, 01:08:01 AM »

I'm going back over to the NH thread but will check back here in a few minutes.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2008, 01:08:29 AM »

Hello? Anybody? I've got a little stick thing that says 2.4 GHz on it. I think someone said it would back up stuff?

Sounds like a flash card.  If so, you can use it to back up your data.  How much data does it hold?  2.4 ghz, only speaks of speed...

I don't have a clue....I don't see anything on it that says.

Klaas may be better at explaining, but if you look at your computer, it should show the drive letter, it is there you should be able to see how much space.  But if you attempt to copy your data to it, it should tell you if you run out of space.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
crazybabyborg
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2008, 01:08:55 AM »

Hello? Anybody? I've got a little stick thing that says 2.4 GHz on it. I think someone said it would back up stuff?

Yes you can back up your photos and documents on that very easily.

Could the "chirping" noise be one of the ads?  I normally keep my sound off but when I forget and leave it on, I hear all kinds of funny noises.

It's coming from the power strip that something's plugged into to. When I flip the switch on the strip it goes away, but the computer goes down too.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2008, 01:10:10 AM »

Look at My Computer and it will show the drive letter, like Klaas said.   Let me know if  you see it.   If your right click on it, then view properties, it should say how much space it has.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2008, 01:12:44 AM »

Yes you can back up your photos and documents on that very easily.

Could the "chirping" noise be one of the ads?  I normally keep my sound off but when I forget and leave it on, I hear all kinds of funny noises.

It's coming from the power strip that something's plugged into to. When I flip the switch on the strip it goes away, but the computer goes down too.

So could be the power strip is going bad.  Either way, to be on the safe side,  back up your data to the flash card, then move your power to another source if possible.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2008, 01:17:06 AM »

Let me know what your doing and how it's going.   I'm ready to fall asleep.....

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2008, 01:27:20 AM »

If the chirping is coming from the 'box", then it could be that your system is running too hot. I read that you think it is coming from the power bar. ??
Shut it off,get a new power bar or try the wall socket after you have powered off totally. Do a shut down for a while, see what happens when you turn it on again. Try just plugging everything into just the wall socket for a trial.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2008, 01:33:21 AM »

CBB - just plug the "stick" (flash drive) into your USB port.  Then you can copy any of your photos or documents to that drive.  It will show up as a F drive or G drive or something like that.

My son is here and we are going to try and figure this out. Thanks for all of your help, however if we can't fit it I will be asking for your help again!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »

My son is here and we are going to try and figure this out. Thanks for all of your help, however if we can't fit it I will be asking for your help again!

Just save the most important stuff, like work stuff.  Most of your photos for SM are probably in photobucket anyway.

Good luck figuring out the problem.  I've tried searching but haven't come up with any real good answers.
kippy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »

Hi, Quick question..Are the servers having a problem?  I can't get any of the Holloway threads!

TIA
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2008, 01:41:25 AM »

Hi, Quick question..Are the servers having a problem?  I can't get any of the Holloway threads!

TIA
Hi Kippy,

I havent had any problems..What thread are you looking for?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=1.0

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »

CBB - external hard drives have come down in price so much it's just so much easier to back up everything, a truly large capacity one is only around $200 now? I even got a small one for both kids, around $100 each so that they can back up schoolwork and their photos too. I have to back up my files for work but with an impending move, I just had reams I wanted to ensure was saved securely. Go to buy.com for they have some real deals on drives too.

Good luck with it.

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2008, 09:21:09 AM »

Interesting conversation.   I wish I could use "Time Machine" on my computer to reverse my vacation.  My computer automatically backs up anything new every hour.  I can go back to any time I wish to retrieve a lost file. 

BBBrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!     ORLANDO WAS GREAT!!!!   But have arrived back to my freezer in the north early this  morning.   I got my feathers singed and toasted by the nice warm pool.  Temps were in the high 80's every day.   I am now looking out over a vast blanket of white with the sun shinning brightly.  The temps are in the -15/-45 degree range this morning.   

I had my computer shut down for a whole week and now when I have started it up the little meices inside are having a tough time running in their little wheels to get me up to speed.

I stepped out of the airport at midnight last night and almost cracked like glass statute.  This is a 130 degree difference in just a few hours.   

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2008, 01:20:33 PM »

Interesting conversation.   I wish I could use "Time Machine" on my computer to reverse my vacation.  My computer automatically backs up anything new every hour.  I can go back to any time I wish to retrieve a lost file. 

BBBrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!     ORLANDO WAS GREAT!!!!   But have arrived back to my freezer in the north early this  morning.   I got my feathers singed and toasted by the nice warm pool.  Temps were in the high 80's every day.   I am now looking out over a vast blanket of white with the sun shinning brightly.  The temps are in the -15/-45 degree range this morning.   

I had my computer shut down for a whole week and now when I have started it up the little meices inside are having a tough time running in their little wheels to get me up to speed.

I stepped out of the airport at midnight last night and almost cracked like glass statute.  This is a 130 degree difference in just a few hours.   

Hello GO  and welcome back to SM.  Glad you enjoyed Orlando  sunny .  When you get caught up, let us know more about your trip.  I'm interested in knowing where to go/what to do from a mature person's point of view.  Last time I was in Orlando (18 years ago) I left with "It's a Small World" going round and round in my head.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2008, 05:42:29 PM »

Muffy I like Disney and a small world too 

I had to post this, it made me laugh so hard  Tell Dugga that Cain just showed up on a pop-up, it kicked me out as I was signing in 

Is Dugga a republican? 

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2008, 07:05:14 PM »

Muffy, as an adult there is so much to do in Orlando.  There is Universal, Sea World, Disney Parks, A Holy Land Park, (which is historically excellent) and many dinner theaters and flea markets.  There are individual events galore.

As an adult I have seen all the Disney Parks, but the one which is of greatest interest is Epcot.  It will take at least 2 full days to see everything in the combination of Future World and The World Showcase of countries which makes up Epcot.  The experience is topped off by Illuminations at 9:00 PM.  It is fantastic.

I have found that staying around the I4/135 area of Lake Buena Vista puts a person in fantastic position to quickly travel to any of the events.  Let me know if you would like more detail on anything. 

As an interesting footnote to your mention of "Its A Small World", one of the men I spoke with at our resort said that the ride broke down while he was in it.  He sat in the little boat listening to the music for nearly an hour.  They never turned it off.  He said he never wants to hear it again in his life.   

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2008, 09:45:13 AM »

Good grief!!!   It is cold here again today.   For all those who put some credence in The Farmer's Almanac I am proof that it sure was wrong this year.  We were suppose to have one of our mildest winters on record.  Well we have had triple the amount of snow/precipitation and have been colder than I can remember in several decades.  When I see the reports of the "groundhog" I don't care if it is an early spring or 6 more weeks of winter from February 2nd.  We have never had spring weather until the middle of April anyway and at any time.  This year I am positive that the ice will not be off the lakes and certainly not the trout streams for opening fishing season which is the first Saturday in May.  I can remember the craziness of my youth.  Fishing season opened and we sat in aluminum canoes on the rivers with ice chunks bouncing off the sides of the boat.  This year we can just drill a hole and not worry about the boats. 

I enjoyed several days in Florida where they set new record highs on three of the days last week.  My vision now is looking forward to the beginning of April when we head for Puerto Vallarta.  I can get sunburned all over again. 

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2008, 09:17:04 AM »

Good morning everybody.  These last few weeks have been like a whirlwind.  Just a little over 3 weeks now until my daughters wedding.  While it is such a happy time it also brings so many mixed emotions.  Almost overwhelming at times.  Everythings done except printing the wedding programs.  Oh and I still have to get fitted for my dress, but it won't be in until the 1st.  The first dress I told ya'll about.........well I had to get another one.  pppfffttt.

I wish ya'll could be with me to enjoy the special day. 

Sunny and Lisa are even coming Friday night to teach me how to dance. lol I use to could do a little bit of the jitterbug, but I've even forgotton how to do that. I think they may have their hands full.  I don't know if I can pull this off.  Oh well they promised not to laugh, and I'm used to being picked on. lol  I hope I can amuze them. lol

Anywho......maybe I can show ya'll pictures of the big day.

Maybe I can figure out a way to post them without them being photo shopped.

Happy Valentines Day
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »

Good morning everybody.  These last few weeks have been like a whirlwind.  Just a little over 3 weeks now until my daughters wedding.  While it is such a happy time it also brings so many mixed emotions.  Almost overwhelming at times.  Everythings done except printing the wedding programs.  Oh and I still have to get fitted for my dress, but it won't be in until the 1st.  The first dress I told ya'll about.........well I had to get another one.  pppfffttt.

I wish ya'll could be with me to enjoy the special day. 

Sunny and Lisa are even coming Friday night to teach me how to dance. lol I use to could do a little bit of the jitterbug, but I've even forgotton how to do that. I think they may have their hands full.  I don't know if I can pull this off.  Oh well they promised not to laugh, and I'm used to being picked on. lol  I hope I can amuze them. lol

Anywho......maybe I can show ya'll pictures of the big day.

Maybe I can figure out a way to post them without them being photo shopped.

Happy Valentines Day

Snoop
~  We wanna see the pictures.    Pretty please?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.