May 13, 2024, 11:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 279655 times)
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1300 on: April 20, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23210094/detail.html
Perry Takes Over Casey Anthony Case
Strickland Removes Himself After Motion From Defense

POSTED: 4:17 pm EDT April 20, 2010
UPDATED: 4:50 pm EDT April 20, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry took over the murder case against Casey Anthony on Tuesday.

Perry replaced Judge Stan Strickland, who stepped down on Monday because of his comments to a blogger about the case.

Perry was described as a no-nonsense judge, who is tough on the law and is expected to be tough on the budget that Casey Anthony's defense will be able to spend.

"He's not going to accept any nonsense," Orlando defense attorney Mark NeJame said.

NeJame has practiced law in front of Perry for years.

"(He's) smart, doesn't suffer fools lightly and will not put up with any antics," NeJame said.

Attorney Richard Hornsby said the appointment of Perry could have a dramatic effect on how much money Anthony can hope to get from taxpayers to help funder her defense. The matter has yet to be settled.
To suddenly have the judge who sets the budget for the entire Ninth Judicial Circuit on your case, he's going to be less likely to authorize fees unless he absolutely thinks they're necessary to defend Casey Anthony," Hornsby said.

NeJame and Hornsby are among six attorneys who spoke to WESH 2 News about the effect of the removal of Strickland will have on the Anthony case. All of them said the appointment of Perry will not help Anthony's defense in their quest to have the death penalty taken off the table.

"I don't think he'll have a problem imposing the death penalty. For him, I don't think it's a moral question. It's just a legal question about whether or not it's appropriate," Hornsby said.

Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, wouldn't comment on the appointment of Perry to preside over the case.
   HOT DAMN!!!

You can say that again!! This is going to be good 

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1301 on: April 20, 2010, 06:30:29 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry took over the murder case against Casey Anthony on Tuesday.

Perry replaced Judge Stan Strickland, who stepped down on Monday because of his comments to a blogger about the case.

Perry was described as a no-nonsense judge, who is tough on the law and is expected to be tough on the budget that Casey Anthony's defense will be able to spend.

"He's not going to accept any nonsense," Orlando defense attorney Mark NeJame said.

"(He's) smart, doesn't suffer fools lightly and will not put up with any antics," NeJame said.

Attorney Richard Hornsby said the appointment of Perry could have a dramatic effect on how much money Anthony can hope to get from taxpayers to help funder her defense. The matter has yet to be settled.
To suddenly have the judge who sets the budget for the entire Ninth Judicial Circuit on your case, he's going to be less likely to authorize fees unless he absolutely thinks they're necessary to defend Casey Anthony," Hornsby said.

NeJame and Hornsby are among six attorneys who spoke to WESH 2 News about the effect of the removal of Strickland will have on the Anthony case. All of them said the appointment of Perry will not help Anthony's defense in their quest to have the death penalty taken off the table.

"I don't think he'll have a problem imposing the death penalty. For him, I don't think it's a moral question. It's just a legal question about whether or not it's appropriate," Hornsby said.

Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez, wouldn't comment on the appointment of Perry to preside over the case.

I bet not, did he think he was gonna pull Judge Ito out of retirement & have him move to Florida?  A conservation, stick to the law no nonsense Chief judge....yup that is what you get when you try to ruin an honorable man's reputation...sorry yet Bozo   - you made it obvious you and team of circus clowns read here   PS   Tks for the mention of us monkeys...I for one stand by every single word & Im far from done!   Stick that in your briefcase, there's nothing else in it!

Justice is coming 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1302 on: April 20, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. --

I bet not, did he think he was gonna pull Judge Ito out of retirement & have him move to Florida?  A conservation (correction:P conservative), stick to the law no nonsense Chief judge....yup that is what you get when you try to ruin an honorable man's reputation...sorry yet Bozo   - you made it obvious you and team of circus clowns read here   PS   Tks for the mention of us monkeys...I for one stand by every single word & Im far from done!   Stick that in your briefcase, there's nothing else in it!

Justice is coming 

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1303 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »

A friend posted on marinadebrains blog telling him to stop the crap..pointing out that his ego has  affected not only a very decent man and judge, but if in fact he is getting threats of any kind....not that she thought he was important enough for anyone to threaten..perhaps is was time to shove his ego where the sun don't shine.....LOL....SURPRISE, he didn't allow her post to go through (and she worded it must more nicely than I did )  So be aware, that unless you are stroking the old fart's ego your post will probably not be published!

TY Sunny..what a pitiful person poor Dave is...and naive....he has his notoriety now.

If it were me..I'd be so apologetic for this whole incident.  But wait..it wouldn't be me...I 'm not that stupid..nor is Blink.  That ole fart took a shot at her..but I will not respond..he isn't worth the time.  I hope everyone avoids his blog..he is so beyond our posts.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1304 on: April 20, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »

A friend posted on marinadebrains blog telling him to stop the crap..pointing out that his ego has  affected not only a very decent man and judge, but if in fact he is getting threats of any kind....not that she thought he was important enough for anyone to threaten..perhaps is was time to shove his ego where the sun don't shine.....LOL....SURPRISE, he didn't allow her post to go through (and she worded it must more nicely than I did )  So be aware, that unless you are stroking the old fart's ego your post will probably not be published!

TY Sunny..what a pitiful person poor Dave is...and naive....he has his notoriety now.

If it were me..I'd be so apologetic for this whole incident.  But wait..it wouldn't be me...I 'm not that stupid..nor is Blink.  That ole fart took a shot at her..but I will not respond..he isn't worth the time.  I hope everyone avoids his blog..he is so beyond our posts.

O God I dont even want to give that a$$hat a hit, so I'll say it here since he reads here (dang, everyone reads here)...."marinade for brains" you are pitiful, a sorry ego maniac who has the judgment of a slug.   You are not fooling anyone with your outrage & BS, you're loving every second of attention you're getting & you dont give a rat's behind what the defense did with your stupidity.     What information did you think you were going to get out of the defense when you cozied up to them to give your business card & pat them on the back, a confession...come on now do the world a favor ZIP IT

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1305 on: April 20, 2010, 07:10:47 PM »

http://djxtreme.wordpress.com/2010/04/20/blogging-for-justice-jose-baez-and-the-truth-are-strangers/

The blogosphere has grown by leaps and bounds the past couple of years and everybody is writing these days about how they feel, what they think, and even the best way to roast a turkey. Some times they are one and the same. The recent events in Orange County is a prime example of this. Marinade Dave has been thrust in to the world of court room drama and legal wrangling. Some would say Circus, but that is only due to the ridiculous motions and often juvenile whining of the defence. Mr. Baez has often used the phrase “the state is trying to kill my client”. I have a problem with that. The “State” is Florida, all of it. The people of Florida. So the whole State of Florida is trying to kill Casey Anthony? Is that the way you see it Mr. Defence council? Let me clarify something for you. I’m sure it has slipped your mind while skipping to your next press conference or inappropriately touching your client. The people of Florida have decided that in some cases a person should be put to death for the crime they have committed. Of course only the most heinous of crimes qualify for such a punishment. You as an attorney must be aware of that. In fact I’m sure there is an oath somewhere sometime you were supposed to take to uphold the standards and pledge yourself to serve the people. The people of Florida. I am not from there, but that does not matter. Justice does not have boundary’s. You promised that you would give evidence that your client was innocent, and you even offered a deadline to produce said evidence. Well, the deadline passed and no such evidence was given. You have clogged up the system and slowed down the process of going to trial to prove your client’s innocence with motions that have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not your client killed her daughter. Jesse Grund, Mr. Kronk,  Zenaida Fernandez, all of these people have been dragged into this case accused of killing little Caylee Anthony, without a shred of proof.

You have the gall and audacity to accuse an honourable Judge of acting inappropriately? You have accused him of not able to give your client a fair trial? I think you’ve fantasized about your clients chest for too long. Judge Strickland was more patient and far more willing to put up with your antics than you deserved. Marinade Dave offered an un-biased opinion and often defended you while others were crying for blood. But in your own laziness glanced at some headlines and titles and decided that this may be a way to take the focus off the task at hand and turn it into something else. The task again is trying to prove that your client did not kill her daughter. What has that got to do with what other peoples opinions are? The facts should clear Casey Anthony should they not Mr. Baez? The fact that the smell of decomposition in the car should clear your client. The fact that she said nothing for more than 30 days while she had no idea where her daughter was. The fact that while she had no idea where her daughter was she got a tattoo, and was observed drinking, dancing, laughing, at night clubs. She lied to police officers that were trying to find her daughter. She lied about where she worked and even took the police there all the while knowing she was leading them in a wild goose chase. These are facts. Is that the behaviour of a mother who is concerned for her daughter? Or is that the behaviour of a guilty person, desperate and scared. That is only some of the evidence presented in this case, and you have presented nothing to explain it, and in fact so far have presented nothing to even hint at your client’s innocence. Nothing that any blogger says will change any of the facts, and the facts of this case are what the jury will look at. Not the writings of a blogger who cares for a little girl. A blogger, who cares more for that little girl than her own mother did. That is a fact, the truth, but you don’t know how to deal with that.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1306 on: April 20, 2010, 07:16:40 PM »

You are so kind calling in naive...... Monkey Devil!   this last blog is so childish...you are right....he should be very apologetic and humble....but he's rather whine....Blink would make him go buy new underwear...he is no match for her.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1307 on: April 20, 2010, 07:27:10 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23211421/detail.html
Analysis: New Casey Judge “Sets Tone Of Authority”
Posted: 5:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010Updated: 6:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- WFTV went digging into past cases and found the judge who's now presiding over the Casey Anthony case has a great track record when it comes to appeals. Chief Judge Belvin Perry has taken over after Judge Stan Strickland recused himself from the case Monday.
Judge Perry has been on the bench in Central Florida for 21 years. When he makes a ruling, it's rarely overturned.
Chief Perry is the go-to judge for problematic criminal cases in Orange and Osceola counties and Casey's case has become one. Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes.

Circuit Judge Perry has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says that's a phenomenal record

“The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” Sheaffer said (watch full interview).

Chief Judge Perry gets the tough ones. He's taken over the Casey Anthony murder case 20 months into it. There are almost 14,000 pages worth of evidence so far.

Perry took over the case involving a homeless man's murder after another judge allowed the suspect to get out of jail on bond. He's heard numerous death penalty cases. Last year, he sent two young men to prison for the rest of their lives for murdering Orlando police
officer Al Gordon.

Perry, a former prosecutor and the son of an Orlando police officer, is respected by prosecutors and defense attorneys and, Sheaffer said, Perry's no-nonsense approach could change the tone of Casey's case.

“He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who's in charge once you walk into Judge Perry's courtroom,” Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer expects Judge Perry to tighten up the proceedings. He remembers Perry once cutting off a wordy lawyer in court by saying, ‘Don't give me the whole bushel of oysters, just give me the pearls.”

Subtle humor, but Perry made his point.

WHAT'S NEXT IN THE CASE?

Here's what's expected to come up next in the case against Casey Anthony.

More discovery documents could be released this week.

In May, there will be a pre-trial hearing in the civil case against Casey filed by Zenaida Gonzalez.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1308 on: April 20, 2010, 07:31:14 PM »

a post from marinadebrain to no-brain...a match made in heaven!!

Marinade Dave  // April 20, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Thank you, joyangels)joy. I am deleting your comments, but this is interesting. DiD179 is aware I have gotten death threats. This has taken a giant step. I am going to delete your comments to keep this info out.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1309 on: April 20, 2010, 07:51:20 PM »

Thank you, joyangels)joy. I am deleting your comments, but this is interesting. DiD179 is aware I have gotten death threats. This has taken a giant step. I am going to delete your comments to keep this info out.

Not directed at you Sunny, but my response to this whole thing in general regarding "marinade for brains" is: Any more questions?   He said he liked her, now he's taking information she provided, next we'll be hearing that they are taking a trip together to the White house....good gravy

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1310 on: April 20, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »

Hello Monkeys,
I am a little behind in the crazy casey's case
How the deffense know the judge was blogging Smile
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1311 on: April 20, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »

Color me stupid---but I don't believe for a minute that he's actually received legitimate death threats.   
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1312 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »

Marinade Dave's latest post is funny.  It's a letter to Dear Muffin..  you have to read it.
Says a few things the Judge probably wishes he could say. He manages to insult everyone..
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1313 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03:38 PM »

Hello Monkeys,
I am a little behind in the crazy casey's case
How the deffense know the judge was blogging Smile

the Judge wasn't blogging..the short version is he spoke to a blogger after court........the defense's investigator talked to the blogger and stroked his ego and the blogger enhanced the episode IMO......bottom line...the defense filed a motion for the the judge to recuse himself....he did and now his boss is taking over...........moral of the story...be careful what you ask for Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1314 on: April 20, 2010, 08:05:26 PM »

Color me stupid---but I don't believe for a minute that he's actually received legitimate death threats.   
neither do I...I can see things like I'd love to stomp your face in, kick the chit outta you, beat the crap outta you..............but real death threats?????  He is not that important except in his own mind

Rest in Peace Caylee

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1315 on: April 20, 2010, 08:11:20 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23211421/detail.html
Analysis: New Casey Judge “Sets Tone Of Authority”
Posted: 5:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010Updated: 6:42 pm EDT April 20, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- WFTV went digging into past cases and found the judge who's now presiding over the Casey Anthony case has a great track record when it comes to appeals. Chief Judge Belvin Perry has taken over after Judge Stan Strickland recused himself from the case Monday.
Judge Perry has been on the bench in Central Florida for 21 years. When he makes a ruling, it's rarely overturned.
Chief Perry is the go-to judge for problematic criminal cases in Orange and Osceola counties and Casey's case has become one. Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes.

Circuit Judge Perry has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says that's a phenomenal record

“The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” Sheaffer said (watch full interview).

Chief Judge Perry gets the tough ones. He's taken over the Casey Anthony murder case 20 months into it. There are almost 14,000 pages worth of evidence so far.

Perry took over the case involving a homeless man's murder after another judge allowed the suspect to get out of jail on bond. He's heard numerous death penalty cases. Last year, he sent two young men to prison for the rest of their lives for murdering Orlando police
officer Al Gordon.

Perry, a former prosecutor and the son of an Orlando police officer, is respected by prosecutors and defense attorneys and, Sheaffer said, Perry's no-nonsense approach could change the tone of Casey's case.

“He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who's in charge once you walk into Judge Perry's courtroom,” Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer expects Judge Perry to tighten up the proceedings. He remembers Perry once cutting off a wordy lawyer in court by saying, ‘Don't give me the whole bushel of oysters, just give me the pearls.”

Subtle humor, but Perry made his point.

WHAT'S NEXT IN THE CASE?

Here's what's expected to come up next in the case against Casey Anthony.

More discovery documents could be released this week.

In May, there will be a pre-trial hearing in the civil case against Casey filed by Zenaida Gonzalez.

"Tone of Authority"     I love it!!!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1316 on: April 20, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. --

Snipped from Paragraph One:

"Perry replaced Judge Stan Strickland, who stepped down on Monday because of his comments to a blogger about the case."

That's really irresponsible reporting, IMO.  Judge Strickland stepped down as a result of the Defense falsely accusing him of improper behavior and he, [ Judge Strickland ], in the interest of timely justice & avoidance of  the appearance of any wrongdoing, promptly recused himself.   Judge Strickland did nothing wrong.
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1317 on: April 20, 2010, 08:17:59 PM »

I am just tickled pink that Jose has finally shut his mouth.

I bet h  won't be  doing many more tv interviews now, praise be.

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1318 on: April 20, 2010, 08:18:23 PM »

Marinade Dave's latest post is funny.  It's a letter to Dear Muffin..  you have to read it.
Says a few things the Judge probably wishes he could say. He manages to insult everyone..

Everyone's insulted---???  What else is new ?????
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1319 on: April 20, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-what-will-chief-judge-belvin-perry-mean-to-the-case.html/comment-page-1
Casey Anthony: What will Chief Judge Belvin Perry mean to the case?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on April, 20 2010 6:26 PM
Discuss This: Comments(17) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

What next in the Casey Anthony case?

WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing talked to local attorneys, who predicted Chief Judge Belvin Perry could present problems for Anthony’s defense team.

“I don’t think he’ll have a problem imposing the death penalty,” said attorney Richard Hornsby, who offers analysis for WESH. “For him, I don’t think it’s a moral question. It’s just a legal question about whether or not it’s appropriate.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Perry took over the high-profile case after Judge Stan Strickland stepped down Monday. Mark NeJame, who represents Texas EquuSearch, sees the case picking up speed.

“They have not been working at breakneck speed to ready this case for trial,” NeJame told Kealing. ”A new judge is going to say enough is enough. You’re going to keep this ball moving.”

And Kealing said NeJame described Strickland’s removal as another stall tactic by the Anthony defense team that will backfire with Perry in charge.

WFTV-Channel 9’s Kathi Belich reported that Perry is “the go-to judge for problematic cases in Orange and Osceola counties, and Casey’s has become one.”

Why does Perry have that status? His rulings are rarely overturned, WFTV explained.
WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer predicted that Perry could tighten up the proceedings and said it’s highly unlikely that Perry will allow a mistake or commit a reversible error. And Perry’s style could change the case, too.  ”He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who’s in charge,” Sheaffer said.

WOFL-Channel 35’s Holly Bristow tried without success to interview Perry. He wasn’t available, and he wasn’t commenting, Bristow said.

“The court is going to have to probably devote a significant amount of time to making sure that he understands all the issues,” said Dean LeRoy Pernell of Florida A&M University.

But Bristow noted that Perry presided over the grand jury that indicted Anthony on first-degree murder two years ago. And Perry heard the cases of at least three men who are on Death Row, Bristow added.

“What’s next in this case?” Bristow asked. “Only the chief judge actually knows that for sure, but I’m told in all likeliness there will be a status hearing soon where the judge calls the state and the defense into the courtroom to get the lowdown as to where things stand.”

WOFL said it spoke “exclusively” to NeJame, but he was also on WESH. To WOFL, NeJame described Perry as “a no-nonsense judge” who “will be very strict according to guidelines.”

WFTV reported that more discovery documents could be released this week.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.