May 13, 2024, 11:47:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 279663 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1340 on: April 21, 2010, 05:35:58 AM »

How is this new defense move working out for ya, Jose?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1341 on: April 21, 2010, 06:28:59 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/20/judge_perry_to_preside_over_casey_anthony_case.html
 New Judge Takes Over Casey Trial
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:21:40 AM
Reported by Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Chief Judge Belvin Perry is now presiding over the Casey Anthony case since Judge Stan Strickland recused himself.

Judge Perry has been on the bench since 1989, and he's no stranger to high profile cases.

Perry is involved in two big Central Florida cases News 13 has been following.

Perry has been the Orange-Osceola County chief judge since 2001.

Perry is presiding over the case of the accused downtown shooter, Jason Rodriguez.

Also, earlier in April, Perry ruled David Johnston is not mentally disabled and can be executed.

Perry is a former prosecutor and he has a background in law enforcement.
Perry has heard many death penalty cases and homicide cases in his career.

Local attorneys say he'll be up to speed in the Casey Anthony case in no time.

Local trial attorney Mark NeJame said both Perry and Strickland are great judges, but attorneys may find Perry to be a little less laid back.

"He's been very fair right down the middle judge, but he does not tolerate foolishness, and he will keep everyone in check and make sure everyone is doing their job professionally," NeJame said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1342 on: April 21, 2010, 06:38:15 AM »

Status Hearing To Be Set This Week
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=judgeperryos_042020100502&cat=CAC&title=Who%20Is%20Judge%20Belvin%20Perry?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1343 on: April 21, 2010, 07:15:43 AM »

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Strickland Bows Out, Perry to Preside over the Murder Trial of Casey Anthony

~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1344 on: April 21, 2010, 07:19:11 AM »

From what I have been reading, it looks like Judge Perry will have no hesitation on the death penalty if it is warranted.  IMO, it looks like he would be more likely to give the death penalty than Strickland.  It looks like the defense went from the frying pan into the fry chair.  The defense attorneys appear to have their own agendas.  For Mason, it looks like he wants to make a name for himself, not by saving his client, but by making some sort of name for himself, good or bad.  Baez appears to want to try the patience of the court and the prosecution until they can't take it any more.  Lyon, we of course know what her agenda is....to grow her long flowing hair.  I hope the woman never has to have chemo or she's doomed.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1345 on: April 21, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »

From what I have been reading, it looks like Judge Perry will have no hesitation on the death penalty if it is warranted.  IMO, it looks like he would be more likely to give the death penalty than Strickland.  It looks like the defense went from the frying pan into the fry chair.  The defense attorneys appear to have their own agendas.  For Mason, it looks like he wants to make a name for himself, not by saving his client, but by making some sort of name for himself, good or bad.  Baez appears to want to try the patience of the court and the prosecution until they can't take it any more.  Lyon, we of course know what her agenda is....to grow her long flowing hair.  I hope the woman never has to have chemo or she's doomed.

The above bolded part cracked me up!  I will need to go get a new diet coke as I just spit mine all over the computer!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1346 on: April 21, 2010, 07:57:26 AM »

Um...does anyone other than myself feel that this wasn't what the duh!fense wanted or intended?
Who, in their right minds, would run the risk of losing the best, most sympathetic judge one could imagine when you know you could get Judge Perry as a replacement.
I guess they assumed that Stan the man has as big an ego as  they have so they filed another Bozomotion, never for one moment did they expect he would actually recuse himself.  ...what are they going to do now? talk about digging ones own grave, or in this case Muffin's.
I imagine Judge Strickland has dodged a bullet and much like Forrest Gump did, has gained his freedom...Run Stan run....

Love your post Miki and agree completely. 
Baez has been outsmarted again and I expect to see a lot of stuttering and stammering as he stands before Judge Perry.  Can't wait! 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1347 on: April 21, 2010, 07:59:56 AM »

Thanks Trim.  Can I say a million thanks for all you've provided in many threads.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1348 on: April 21, 2010, 08:48:53 AM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/news/local/story/New-judge-will-dial-up-stress-levels-in-Casey/rQPcLDefqk2LdveaqF4qfg.cspx
New judge will dial up stress levels in Casey Anthony case, experts say
Reported by: Cary Williams
Email: cwilliams@abcactionnews.com
Last Update: 8:35 am
ORANGE COUNTY, FL -- When Casey Anthony's attorneys asked Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to remove himself from Casey Anthony's murder trial, they likely set themselves up for a much tougher go, according to legal analysts.

On Monday, Strickland granted a motion filed by Casey's attorneys asking that he recuse himself. Casey's defense team argued that comments the judge made to a blogger showed he was prejudiced against Anthony.

Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry has taken over the high-profile case.  He has been Chief Judge for nearly 13 years and has sat on the bench in central Florida for 21 years.

Perry is known as a no-nonsense, brass tacks kind of judge.  This differs greatly from Strickland, who is viewed as a more laid-back, congenial jurist.

In ten years of hearing criminal cases, including murder trials, only one of Perry's ruling have been overturned by a higher court.

“The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” legal analyst Bill Sheaffer told Orlando station WFTV.

In one courtroom exchange, Sheaffer recalls Perry cutting off a verbose lawyer saying, ‘Don't give me the whole bushel of oysters, just give me the pearls.”
In contrast, a somewhat informal Judge Strickland typically gave attorneys plenty of time to express their views and argue with each other.

"The arguing back and forth between the lawyers is not going to happen anymore," defense attorney Diana Tennis told the Orlando Sentinel.

Judge Perry will most certainly run a tight ship. “He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who's in charge once you walk into Judge Perry's courtroom,” Bill Sheaffer said.

In his decision to recuse himself, Judge Strickland denied doing anything wrong. But he said he was removing himself from the case because Anthony's attorneys likely would allege bias each time he ruled against their motions.

"At its core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a 'self-aggrandizing media hound,"' Strickland wrote in his decision. "Indeed. The irony is rich."

Casey has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and has said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee Anthony. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, six months after she was reported missing.

Casey's trial is set for  May 2011.

A spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office in Orlando said the recusal decision was between the judge and Anthony's attorneys.

"The state does not have a role in the decision," said Danielle Tavernier.

Anthony's attorneys asked for Strickland to remove himself after a defense investigator interviewed Dave Knechel, a blogger known as "Marinade Dave," who has written about the Anthony case. The blogger said that the judge called him to the bench after a pretrial hearing last October to praise his coverage. Knechel also claimed that the judge called him last February to wish him well after he was hospitalized for a few days.

Defense attorneys claim Knechel's coverage was critical of Anthony.

In his decision, Strickland said he had begun reading blogs about the case to help him decide on whether the trial should be moved out of Orlando because of the excessive media coverage.
Defense attorneys have asked for a change of venue but no ruling has been made on the request.

The next courtroom chapter in the case is a status hearing.  No date has been set.  It will be the first glimpse of Judge Perry in a case that continues to generate attention worldwide.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1349 on: April 21, 2010, 08:49:17 AM »

Hey Can!   

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1350 on: April 21, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »

thanks everyone for all the great posts on the new judge...
I am actually feeling more confident with this new judge that Bozo and his clowns are going to regret getting rid of Strickland as the presiding judge! wait till Mason gets up there grand standing and calling the prosecution ignorant and some of his other unprofessional comments that he has made...

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1351 on: April 21, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-belvin-perry-20100420,0,6995120.story
Advice for Casey Anthony attorneys: Be prepared and have no excuses for new judge
Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry is known for keeping cases on track and holding lawyers’ feet to the fire.
 By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel

SNIPPED:

He also holds attorneys accountable.

"There are no excuses for not meeting deadlines and not being prepared," said Orlando defense attorney Andrea Black, who has tried murder cases in front both judges Black.

SNIPPED
Sarah Lundy can be reached at slundy@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6218

Good Morning Monks...old and new!!  I bolded what IMO was the most important statement in this piece...........I can't wait to see this!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1352 on: April 21, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Thanks, she is my favorite 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1353 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31:06 AM »

Um...does anyone other than myself feel that this wasn't what the duh!fense wanted or intended?
Who, in their right minds, would run the risk of losing the best, most sympathetic judge one could imagine when you know you could get Judge Perry as a replacement.
I guess they assumed that Stan the man has as big an ego as  they have so they filed another Bozomotion, never for one moment did they expect he would actually recuse himself.  ...what are they going to do now? talk about digging ones own grave, or in this case Muffin's.
I imagine Judge Strickland has dodged a bullet and much like Forrest Gump did, has gained his freedom...Run Stan run....

It was suggested to me that the DUHfence never thought he would recuse himself.....but they were going to use it later on, on an appeal basis...........boy were they wrong!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1354 on: April 21, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/20/judge_perry_to_preside_over_casey_anthony_case.html
 New Judge Takes Over Casey Trial
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:21:40 AM
Reported by Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Chief Judge Belvin Perry is now presiding over the Casey Anthony case since Judge Stan Strickland recused himself.

Judge Perry has been on the bench since 1989, and he's no stranger to high profile cases.

Perry is involved in two big Central Florida cases News 13 has been following.

Perry has been the Orange-Osceola County chief judge since 2001.

Perry is presiding over the case of the accused downtown shooter, Jason Rodriguez.

Also, earlier in April, Perry ruled David Johnston is not mentally disabled and can be executed.

Perry is a former prosecutor and he has a background in law enforcement.
Perry has heard many death penalty cases and homicide cases in his career.

Local attorneys say he'll be up to speed in the Casey Anthony case in no time.

Local trial attorney Mark NeJame said both Perry and Strickland are great judges, but attorneys may find Perry to be a little less laid back.

"He's been very fair right down the middle judge, but he does not tolerate foolishness, and he will keep everyone in check and make sure everyone is doing their job professionally," NeJame said.

trim and Klaas, thanks for the media updates!

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1355 on: April 21, 2010, 09:49:12 AM »

It was suggested to me that the DUHfence never thought he would recuse himself.....but they were going to use it later on, on an appeal basis...........boy were they wrong!  LOL
Very interesting   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1356 on: April 21, 2010, 09:51:20 AM »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

well written blog!! 

re: While amusing to read, it is obvious Judge Strickland was not overly impressed by the antics of Casey's latest "boy", J. Cheney Mason! I've talked with my friends about what the tight boots might mean and we have differing opinions. I'm sure Mr. Mason understands exactly what the judge meant.

I hadn't a clue about what the reference to tight boots meant....now tight underwear, that I would have gotten Monkey Devil!  So I found this below!!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=507681472&blogId=532906448

Per Chris, BB12: Court fears that this statement may have merely been the product of an active imagination and tight boots.....................LIES............LIES..............tight boots cut off circulations to the brain..........

BB Blogger     
Wellerisms in "Alexander's Weekly Messenger", 1837-1839
But it was not alone Dickens' book which made this type of proverb known, ... "
Come on"-as the man said to the tight boot.

TIGHT BOOTS is a PROVERB

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1357 on: April 21, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-belvin-perry-20100420,0,2987035.story
Advice for Casey Anthony attorneys: Be prepared for new judge Belvin Perry
The new Casey Anthony judge, Belvin Perry, is known for keeping cases on track.
 By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel

7:13 a.m. EDT, April 21, 2010
n more than decade as a chief judge, Belvin Perry developed a reputation well-suited for the drama that is the Casey Anthony case — efficient and no-nonsense.

In style and practice, his court rooms are dramatically different than those of Stan Strickland, a laid-back jurist who prefers friendly informality.

It's possible the tenor of Orlando's high-profile murder case changed dramatically on Monday when Stickland disqualified himself after nearly two years of minding its docket and Perry assumed control.

The transition from Strickland to Perry represents an on-the-ground adjustment that attorneys in the Casey Anthony case must make.

"It's going to be a different working environment for the attorneys," Orlando defense attorney Diana Tennis said. "The quality of justice won't change . . . [but] the stress on the attorneys may be ratcheted up."

The public and the media have yet to see prosecutors and Anthony's defense team together before Perry, a 60-year-old veteran of high-profile cases and the cameras that come with them.

The next status hearing — a date is not yet set — will be Perry's introduction overseeing a case that has drawn international attention since it began two years ago.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who remains in the Orange County Jail.
A court spokeswoman said Perry is already in the process reading the Anthony court files. He declined multiple media requests for interviews.

The Anthony case landed on Strickland's docket in July 2008 when Casey Anthony was arrested on charges of child neglect and lying to deputy sheriffs.

It was a circus from the beginning: Anthony's daughter was still classified as missing, and the search for Caylee drew national network attention.

In court, Strickland, as is his custom, gave attorneys on both sides ample time to speak their minds. He tolerated squabbling with a calm temperament.

This, local attorneys said, is not the way of Belvin Perry.

In his second stretch as Orange Circuit chief judge, Perry likes to-the-point conversations and has little patience for bickering.

The constant sniping between Anthony attorney José Baez and Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton will end, attorneys say.

"I don't think there is going to be a lot of extra patience, Tennis said. "The arguing back and forth between the lawyers is not going to happen anymore."

He has a reputation for keeping cases on track. Attorneys who know him say he'll likely set a timeline with strict deadlines for various details, such as witness depositions.

"He's direct. He's efficient. He's not interested in, or affected by, publicity," long-time Orlando defense attorney Kelly Sims said. "He's funny and engaging off the bench, but he's absolutely no-nonsense on the bench."

He also holds attorneys accountable.
"There are no excuses for not meeting deadlines and not being prepared," said Orlando defense attorney Andrea Black, who has tried murder cases in front both judges Black.

A Jones High School graduate, Perry earned a degree from Tuskegee University, where he also earned his master's in education. His law degree is from Texas Southern University.

He started out as a prosecutor and became a judge in 1989. His colleagues first elected him to chief judge in 1995. He took two years off and then was re-elected as chief judge in 2001. He has held the position since then.

It speaks to Perry's reputation that he regained his status following a sex scandal that nearly derailed his career.

In 1998, he acknowledged a seven-year affair with former deputy court administrator Janis Williamson. She was fired a year earlier and filed a discrimination complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Perry publicly apologized for the affair but said Williamson's firing had nothing to do with their relationship. She settled her complaint in 1999 for $65,000.

As chief judge, Perry doesn't carry a regular case load and handles the assignment of judges. He isn't assigned cases as other judges are.

He often takes cases that are difficult and often ends up with those for which other judges (or their schedules) aren't suited, such as a death-penalty case or ones that are more time consuming. Perry has handled a slew of murder trials and more than a few death-penalty cases.

After Orange Circuit Court Bob Wattles died earlier this year, Perry took over a death penalty case that was being handled by Wattles. Convicted killer David Johnston had won an appeal for a hearing to determine if he was mentally challenged. Last month, Perry ruled Johnston was not mentally challenged and can be executed by the state.

Perry also has other duties in the legal system. He's chairman of the state's trial court budget commission, which lobbies in Tallahassee and looks for money to support courts.

On Tuesday, Perry's first day with the Anthony case on his plate, he was in Tallahassee fighting for funding, a court spokeswoman said.
Perry caught the Anthony case after her defense accused Strickland of developing a "personal relationship" with a blogger who has been critical of its client. In a harshly-worded order on Monday, Strickland stepped off the case.

"We have always been confident of Judge Strickland's abilities and his neutrality. We are equally confident of Judge Belvin Perry's abilities, his very professional demeanor and sound judgment," State Attorney's Office spokesman Randy Means said.

Despite winning the motion about Strickland, the defense had no reaction to the judge change.

"Casey Anthony maintains her innocence and looks forward to her day in court," defense spokeswoman Liz Brown said.

Yet the defense's effort to seek a different judge has left some defense attorneys scratching their heads. If this is part of a bigger strategy, they don't see it.

"I think they will be very sorry that they recused Judge Strickland and now have Judge Perry," Black said. "He will move that case along."

Sarah Lundy can be reached at slundy@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6218.

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1358 on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »

I needed a good laugh this morning and got it.....this is from WS, from a post where someone was relating a radio interview with marinadebranin........

He's getting death threats, especially from women. They think he was responsible for taking down a judge.

Ok all you bad azzed women you stop picking on marinadebrain! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1359 on: April 21, 2010, 10:46:50 AM »

I needed a good laugh this morning and got it.....this is from WS, from a post where someone was relating a radio interview with marinadebranin........

He's getting death threats, especially from women. They think he was responsible for taking down a judge.

Ok all you bad azzed women you stop picking on marinadebrain! 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.