May 21, 2024, 10:26:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #177 1/4/11 - 1/14/11  (Read 160623 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 10:13:48 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26369273/detail.html
Anthony Defense To Pay $583 In Court Costs
Court Hearing Scheduled For Wednesday Afternoon

POSTED: Tuesday, January 4, 2011
UPDATED: 6:56 pm EST January 4, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense attorneys will be in court again on Wednesday, one day after her attorneys were ordered to pay nearly $600 in sanctions for failure to comply with a court order.

Judge Belvin Perry ordered Anthony's defense to pay the sanctions in a Monday hearing, saying the attorneys failed to provide the prosecution with details regarding defense witnesses by a court ordered deadline in December.

The prosecution said the cost to pursue the motion for sanctions was $583.73. The defense team can appeal the amount.

Meanwhile, a hearing in Anthony's murder trial has been set for Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. Anthony will not be in court.

The hearing will address amateur photographs taken by a volunteer in the search for Anthony's daughter, Caylee, while Caylee was missing in 2008.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter's death. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008 after being missing for a month. Her remains were found in a wooded area in east Orange County in December 2008.

Wow, if that is how much it costs to file a motion, so Bozo and company filed what 23 on the 31st, so what was that, about $13,340.00 in one day.  No wonder he needs more JAC funds.

They should consider themselves fortunate, pay up & wise up...could have been much steeper for the defense & it was put to them sternly that next time it will be much more severe (my words, not quoted).

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:27 PM »

Plus on the handcuffed for 10 minutes in the car, I have seen many a "Cop" show where they handcuff somebody for their safety while doing a pull over or something like that, before being in custody.  I don't think she was in custody on the drive around to where she worked (pulease, this girl thinks work is waking up) and the invisinanny's house.  Who know what the judge will rule though.  He has to give them a win every so often, I would assume.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »

I like that idea about the video, Zoo.

I suspect Bozo didn't like that he was one of the stars of the video and that's the reason he wanted that idiotic thing excluded.

You are probably right.  Most defense laywers could care less what forums are saying about him or their client.  They are too busy you know taking depos, looking at evidence, trying to save their client's life, but not Bozo.  He sits on Scared Monkeys reading posts.  Maybe he thinks Caylee's nonexistant nanny posts here, or maybe her kidnapper/muderer/dumper right up the block from his client's home is posting here, and dang it, he is going to catch them.

LOL.... you mean real work?  Not looking for a Nanny, I bet.  He just likes to feel er ..."famous", maybe.  " Look how they all talk about me... "  " Can't get enough of me..."  blah blah.  Reminds me of Casey.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 11:04:07 PM »

O/T New docs in Zahra Baker's case.

I hope somebody pays for her murder.  I was just reading a story about a 10yo boy who shot his mother in the back of her head because he had to do chores.  first, why does a 10yo have a gun with accessible bullets available in his room? Second, is life so meaningless that a 10yo just shoots his mother so he does not have to do his chores?  OT I know.  Just this world is so sad sometimes.  This kid ruined his life now.  Ruined his sister/brothers lives, his mother is dead.  No idea where daddy is.  My littlest is 10, and I cannot imagine him having a weapon, never mind having one hanging in his room or him just having access to both parts of it w/o my okay, or him just going to get it to shoot me in the head.  I might be wrong, but something is wrong in this world.

Daddy left a couple of days/weeks ago.  Mom and dad were fighting because the guns (yes, plural) in the little boy's room, on the gunrack on his wall permanently, were his grandfather's guns - given to him by the father.

Apparently, the mom and son had been arguing that day about him not wanting to bring the firewood in. IMHO, if you allow your child to have guns up on his wall (at 10 that's hardly trust earned yet - they should be heirlooms in a special place, like locked away in a gun cabinet) and you do so to mom in front of the child, undermining her authority, you'll end up closer to a sitution like this.  Add to that the fact the boy had apparently been having aggression and control problems (a bus incident, for example - likely acting out because of tensions at home) and according to the same uncle, the mom with her love for the boy just couldn't see the bad that he was doing.  She didn't handle the situation, and this is how it ended.

The whole thing is just scary.  Kids apparently aren't safe with parents, and parents aren't safe with kids!  What has the world come to?
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 11:16:16 PM »

Bozo and Colonel Crusty....the short of it is you know dang well Casey was NOT, in any shape, way or form "essentially in custody" as you stated in your motion.   You both cannot be this stuck on stupid that you as attorneys are not familiar with when an individual should be mirandized.  Casey was not under arrest nor even named as a suspect in a felony.   Your client volunteered to take the detectives on a wild goose chase not one but two days (of which she had freedom to go home).  They have every right to question her regarding a reported missing child or anything else as a person of interest, victim or witness.   If they continued to question her & she wasnt willing to answer AFTER she was arrested that is entirely different & you know that morons.  Your client was stupid enough to lie her horseface off & didnt know to keep her trap shut....ask what that merry go round ride she went on was worth it now...sorry about your luck.

Mason needs to listen to the Universal interview tape- it starts off with LE saying that the door is closed only for privacy purposes, and that Casey is free to leave at any time, they ask her does she understand and she says she does, and goes on with her BS stories like they were going to believe her.  At that point she was still being interviewd with a view to finding her missing child, so there was no need to Mirandize her.
As soon as they did arrest her she got lawyered-up pdq - she  obviously didin't feel like sh ewas being detained at Universal,or she would have asked for one then.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:33 PM »

All I can say about this defence team is that they are truly heaven sent.
Casey deserves them.  When you compare the way Mason and Baez act to the articulate polished way that Ashton and Drane-Burdick act it's embarrassing to watch.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 11:27:05 PM »

I hope somebody pays for her murder.  I was just reading a story about a 10yo boy who shot his mother in the back of her head because he had to do chores.  first, why does a 10yo have a gun with accessible bullets available in his room? Second, is life so meaningless that a 10yo just shoots his mother so he does not have to do his chores?  OT I know.  Just this world is so sad sometimes.  This kid ruined his life now.  Ruined his sister/brothers lives, his mother is dead.  No idea where daddy is.  My littlest is 10, and I cannot imagine him having a weapon, never mind having one hanging in his room or him just having access to both parts of it w/o my okay, or him just going to get it to shoot me in the head.  I might be wrong, but something is wrong in this world.

Daddy left a couple of days/weeks ago.  Mom and dad were fighting because the guns (yes, plural) in the little boy's room, on the gunrack on his wall permanently, were his grandfather's guns - given to him by the father.

Apparently, the mom and son had been arguing that day about him not wanting to bring the firewood in. IMHO, if you allow your child to have guns up on his wall (at 10 that's hardly trust earned yet - they should be heirlooms in a special place, like locked away in a gun cabinet) and you do so to mom in front of the child, undermining her authority, you'll end up closer to a sitution like this.  Add to that the fact the boy had apparently been having aggression and control problems (a bus incident, for example - likely acting out because of tensions at home) and according to the same uncle, the mom with her love for the boy just couldn't see the bad that he was doing.  She didn't handle the situation, and this is how it ended.

The whole thing is just scary.  Kids apparently aren't safe with parents, and parents aren't safe with kids!  What has the world come to?

I agree 100%.  I am just probably in the minority on what I think his punishment should be.  I personally do not give a hoot that he is only 10.  I think he should get adult punishment, maybe not DP if available, which it is in Ohio, but he should get more than a slap on his hands until he is 21.  If he could flip now about having to bring in firewood, I do not think any therapy can erase that hair trigger he has.  He is dangerous IMO.   

Back on topic, Casey is a skank and she is going to spend a very long time in those nice accomodations she has, only general pop will be nicer for her. 

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 11:55:45 PM »

I agree 100%.  I am just probably in the minority on what I think his punishment should be.  I personally do not give a hoot that he is only 10.  I think he should get adult punishment, maybe not DP if available, which it is in Ohio, but he should get more than a slap on his hands until he is 21.  If he could flip now about having to bring in firewood, I do not think any therapy can erase that hair trigger he has.  He is dangerous IMO.   

Back on topic, Casey is a skank and she is going to spend a very long time in those nice accomodations she has, only general pop will be nicer for her. 
I agree that he is dangerous but I do not think he should be tried as an adult. A 10 year old's brain is still developing and has poor impulse control. I hold the parents responsible for making a gun with ammo readily available. My son had 2 firearms that were heirlooms given to him from his grandfather. They were stored in a locked gun case and I had the key until he turned 18. This boy is at an age when he can learn to control his impulses and anger, but not locked up with hardened criminals.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 12:26:40 AM »

I was reading the states response to the motions and for the lying and stealing motion, I loved this line.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Because Miss Anthony's lying was so pervasive, we understand Bozo's inability to single out particular lying episodes, lol.  Too much lying going on.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26367692/detail.html

Page 3, paragraph c. 

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »

I agree that he is dangerous but I do not think he should be tried as an adult. A 10 year old's brain is still developing and has poor impulse control. I hold the parents responsible for making a gun with ammo readily available. My son had 2 firearms that were heirlooms given to him from his grandfather. They were stored in a locked gun case and I had the key until he turned 18. This boy is at an age when he can learn to control his impulses and anger, but not locked up with hardened criminals.

I don't know where I think he should be locked up, no not with like serial killers or the adult population.  I agree on the parents blame here, but nobody should die because of stupidity.  Gosh, if that were the case, I would be dead a zillion times over already. 

I guess what bothers me most about this is the mom was found face down, shot in the back of the head, if I am reading correctly the articles, to that means mom was not facing him, and he went after her after getting the gun or she was trying to get away from him. 

10, again, my little guy, my little angel (yeah right) is 10, and for the life of me I cannot envision this at all.  My daughter maybe cause she is at the she knows it all, she is the best, leave me alone, I don't have to listen to you, you suck stage, but my 10yo son, no way no how. 

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 12:49:32 AM »

I hope somebody pays for her murder.  I was just reading a story about a 10yo boy who shot his mother in the back of her head because he had to do chores.  first, why does a 10yo have a gun with accessible bullets available in his room? Second, is life so meaningless that a 10yo just shoots his mother so he does not have to do his chores?  OT I know.  Just this world is so sad sometimes.  This kid ruined his life now.  Ruined his sister/brothers lives, his mother is dead.  No idea where daddy is.  My littlest is 10, and I cannot imagine him having a weapon, never mind having one hanging in his room or him just having access to both parts of it w/o my okay, or him just going to get it to shoot me in the head.  I might be wrong, but something is wrong in this world.

I don't know if we are talking about the same case but if the family I saw was the right one I am not really surprised. It is a community think in some areas. We go to the housing projects and help kids learn to read and you would never believe what I hear from kids as young as 7 or 8 years old. One boy who could not have been over 8 told me if I made him spell that word one more time "he was going to pop a cap in my azz"  I was shocked. I would backhand my 15 year old if he used the cuss words I heard out of these young boy's mouths. I could have accepted it somewhat if they had been teens trying to act big, but these are little kids who talk and act out these things. It was not just the under educated kids we were working with but all of them in that area. They live and breathe that kind of talk and my guess is a 10 year old having been exposed to that for years just fired that gun with no idea of the results. Or it may be they see so much violence in their area with the drug deals that he did know what he was doing and did it deliberately. Either way it very shocking to me.

I wonder if KC being exposed to violence in her home as told by many had the same mind set. If someone hacks you off just shut them up permanently.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 12:55:38 AM »

Why is Bozo filing all these motions? All he has to do is produce the Nanny, case is solved and KC can call a taxi to go home. Wouldn't that be the most logical solution for him instead of getting into all this trouble?

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 12:56:08 AM »

I am very antigun, very, but I am in a sort of a moral dilemma.  My older son, who is 12, is in Boyscouts, and they are very weapon oriented.  My son has already qualified on a range, don't ask me what kind of gun, cause I don't know and don't care to know, assume he is using the scoutmaster's weapons or boyscout's weapons, but I envision him shooting this thing on the range and I go a horrible feeling in my belly.  We don't have any guns in our home and never will, but hubby has been taking him to all these events for the boyscouts, and I guess you cannot be a boyscout and not do these things, but I am having a hard time with it.  He is always talking about knives and guns and his newest obsession is a bow and arrow.  I guess they take up that task next in boyscouts. 

I shot a gun once in my life.  My ex-BF had a cop for a brother and he took us out to the gun range once.  I shot one single bullet and hated it.  I felt so not in control.  It kicked back and I could have accidentally shot somebody around me. 

What happened to helping the needy and helping old ladies cross the street? 

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 01:00:08 AM »

Bozo and Colonel Crusty....the short of it is you know dang well Casey was NOT, in any shape, way or form "essentially in custody" as you stated in your motion.   You both cannot be this stuck on stupid that you as attorneys are not familiar with when an individual should be mirandized.  Casey was not under arrest nor even named as a suspect in a felony.   Your client volunteered to take the detectives on a wild goose chase not one but two days (of which she had freedom to go home).  They have every right to question her regarding a reported missing child or anything else as a person of interest, victim or witness.   If they continued to question her & she wasnt willing to answer AFTER she was arrested that is entirely different & you know that morons.  Your client was stupid enough to lie her horseface off & didnt know to keep her trap shut....ask what that merry go round ride she went on was worth it now...sorry about your luck.

Mason needs to listen to the Universal interview tape- it starts off with LE saying that the door is closed only for privacy purposes, and that Casey is free to leave at any time, they ask her does she understand and she says she does, and goes on with her BS stories like they were going to believe her.  At that point she was still being interviewd with a view to finding her missing child, so there was no need to Mirandize her.
As soon as they did arrest her she got lawyered-up pdq - she  obviously didin't feel like sh ewas being detained at Universal,or she would have asked for one then.

My guess is that neither Mason nor Bozo have ever even listened to those tapes. NO attorney in their right mind would file that motion and take a chance on pissing of a judge with those tapes available if they had reviewed them.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 01:09:40 AM »

Why is Bozo filing all these motions? All he has to do is produce the Nanny, case is solved and KC can call a taxi to go home. Wouldn't that be the most logical solution for him instead of getting into all this trouble?

Yeah, remember the statement that we would all understand at trial, that she is innocent and they have proof that never materialized.  I could not understand if he had evidence that cleared her of murder, why he would let her sit in prison waiting for a trial.  Surely there has to be a way, if you find out a suspect is innocent, of going to the judge with the evidence that clears them before trial and getting the person out of jail.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 01:51:56 AM »

I am very antigun, very, but I am in a sort of a moral dilemma.  My older son, who is 12, is in Boyscouts, and they are very weapon oriented.  My son has already qualified on a range, don't ask me what kind of gun, cause I don't know and don't care to know, assume he is using the scoutmaster's weapons or boyscout's weapons, but I envision him shooting this thing on the range and I go a horrible feeling in my belly.  We don't have any guns in our home and never will, but hubby has been taking him to all these events for the boyscouts, and I guess you cannot be a boyscout and not do these things, but I am having a hard time with it.  He is always talking about knives and guns and his newest obsession is a bow and arrow.  I guess they take up that task next in boyscouts. 

I shot a gun once in my life.  My ex-BF had a cop for a brother and he took us out to the gun range once.  I shot one single bullet and hated it.  I felt so not in control.  It kicked back and I could have accidentally shot somebody around me. 

What happened to helping the needy and helping old ladies cross the street? 

Sorry for the O/T here but...............

We are opposites on this one. I have been hunting since I was about 8 years old. (maybe even younger) ALL I wanted for Christmas when I was 9 was a 410 shotgun. Every time my parents would try to talk me into something else I would have no part of it. My kids all were gun proficient by age 10 and my youngest (now 15) was the youngest kid ever in the state to pass the Hunter Safety course. I am a safety freak about guns as are most people who are hunters. My guns are never loaded and they are cleaned before they are put on the rack in my house so there can never be a bullet left in one by accident. The ammo is not where a child could get it even if they could load the guns. Many kids in rough areas have guns today and if you ask me it is amazing there are not more gun deaths than there are in those areas. What has always bothered me is they way they do statistics on gun deaths. They include all the deaths done by drive by shooters and in crimes, so they are really skewed as to the numbers. It also bothers me that there are no statistics on the number of lives saved by guns and how many crimes prevented because a responsible person had a gun available. There are thousands of women and children not abducted and victims of crimes because some mother knew how to use a gun. With all the home invasions in some states, it amazes me that everyone would not want to be proficient with a gun. Be glad your son is learning the proper way to use a firearm because someday it might be the only thing which saves his and other lives.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 01:56:12 AM »

Plus on the handcuffed for 10 minutes in the car, I have seen many a "Cop" show where they handcuff somebody for their safety while doing a pull over or something like that, before being in custody.  I don't think she was in custody on the drive around to where she worked (pulease, this girl thinks work is waking up) and the invisinanny's house.  Who know what the judge will rule though.  He has to give them a win every so often, I would assume.

Well this is one I don't want him to give them. It would set her free.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 02:54:20 AM »

IMHO, if there was even the slightest chance that Bozo, et al thought it a remote possibility that it might appear to even the Joy Wrays of the world that Casey could possibly have been detained by LE for a fraction of a second the DUHfense would have been screaming about it from the beginning.  They are all about public perception and even this one escaped their notice, it should be a  non-issue.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 03:44:32 AM »

Bozo and Colonel Crusty....the short of it is you know dang well Casey was NOT, in any shape, way or form "essentially in custody" as you stated in your motion.   You both cannot be this stuck on stupid that you as attorneys are not familiar with when an individual should be mirandized.  Casey was not under arrest nor even named as a suspect in a felony.   Your client volunteered to take the detectives on a wild goose chase not one but two days (of which she had freedom to go home).  They have every right to question her regarding a reported missing child or anything else as a person of interest, victim or witness.   If they continued to question her & she wasnt willing to answer AFTER she was arrested that is entirely different & you know that morons.  Your client was stupid enough to lie her horseface off & didnt know to keep her trap shut....ask what that merry go round ride she went on was worth it now...sorry about your luck.

Mason needs to listen to the Universal interview tape- it starts off with LE saying that the door is closed only for privacy purposes, and that Casey is free to leave at any time, they ask her does she understand and she says she does, and goes on with her BS stories like they were going to believe her.  At that point she was still being interviewd with a view to finding her missing child, so there was no need to Mirandize her.
As soon as they did arrest her she got lawyered-up pdq - she  obviously didin't feel like sh ewas being detained at Universal,or she would have asked for one then.

My guess is that neither Mason nor Bozo have ever even listened to those tapes. NO attorney in their right mind would file that motion and take a chance on pissing of a judge with those tapes available if they had reviewed them.

Maybe Colonel Crusty didnt but Bozo clearly did because very early on in the case he referred to statements made by his client in defense of her.

Which means  when they further attempt to character assassinate law enforcement (and that is their plan), they will have already lost the battle with  CJBP over this total farce. The jury will see right thru it as well.    This defense team should learn what they need to cut their losses on.  This is without merit & a total misrepresentation of what took place.   I totally disagree with the person's opinion over at WS on this issue & it is obvious to me that they did not read the transcripts or listen to the entire recordings of Casey's pre-arrest interviews that she volunteered to continue.  Are they kidding with counting on their client's word for this to be fact, the recordings clearly indicate otherwise.  Considering their client is a self-admitted liar (several times over) they should have been working on begging for a plea bargain that I can assure you almost with absolute certainty will not be occurring now. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 03:51:16 AM »

She was not in custody, its right on tape that they were shutting the door in a room at Universal but she was free to leave at any time but prior to her admitting she lied about working there.   Her arrest took place thereafter & she was mirandized after her arrest.   And no, the judge is under no obligation to "give them a win" ever, a judge's rulings are set on what is presented before them with merit & applied to the law, period.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.