May 21, 2024, 04:13:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 152718 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: December 05, 2008, 12:42:30 AM »

While I have the floor  I will update on the rebuilding process. We should be pouring foundation soon (crossing fingers). It should not have been so hard, totally inhumane. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Will keep you posted.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: December 05, 2008, 08:35:19 AM »

Monken,are there any updates on your friend? 

HEY TRIMM, her grandma spent most of the day yesterday with her. She is in recovery mode now, her jaws are wired shut so only liquids & she has numerous cuts & bruises nearly everywhere on her body. She had broken jaw & chin bones    I swear this reminds me of Anne Pressly, the woman that was beaten so badly & died.    Just pray that she recovers & gets the help she so deperately needs. Thank you for being concerned.... Monken

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: December 05, 2008, 08:59:32 AM »

Thanks for the update.I will keep in my prayer,and I too hope that she gets the help she needs. When I woked in a small clinic as a nurse I saw a good bit of domestic abuse.And it is sad that in some families it is so so readily accepted.Sometimes it is out of shame and sometimes out of lack of education.All you can do is offer kind words and and encourage her.Maybe that guy will spend some more time in lockup...for her sake. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #883 on: December 05, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »

Thanks for the update, Monken.  I hope Social Services is involved with this and will help her with resources, etc.  I can't imagine how alone she feels. 

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: December 06, 2008, 08:08:02 AM »

Thanks for the update, Monken.  I hope Social Services is involved with this and will help her with resources, etc.  I can't imagine how alone she feels. 

Flossy, i hadn't thought about that but shouldn't they be a part of the investigation when LE gets involved? I sure hope so. She needs all the help she can get, her grandma really can't do much. And last I heard she's still indicating that this guy didn't do it! She is terrified! He was standing right there with her when LE arrived in the ER before they figured out he was the one that did it! I think he's a psychopath, too! Dear God, what is up with all the psychopaths, they're coming out of the woodwork!!!   

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: December 06, 2008, 09:41:43 AM »

KLAAS THIS IS FOR YOU 

WITH THE HOLIDAYS HERE IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD TIME TO TELL PEOPLE
                HOW MUCH THEY ARE APPRECIATED. I KNOW THE MONKEYS THANK YOU
                FOR WHAT YOU DO FROM TIME TO TIME BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK PEOPLE
                REALIZE WHAT DEDICATION IT TAKES TO MODERATE LIKE YOU DO, DAY
                AFTER DAY AFTER DAY. I WOULD LIKE TO USE A LINE FROM ONE OF MY
                FAVORITE TV SHOWS OF ALL TIME, THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW:

WHEN DEALING WITH PEOPLE; YOU DON'T GO SO MUCH BY THE BOOK;
                BUT BY THE HEART. ANYWAY, THAT'S HOW I SEE IT FROM MY SIDE!

!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

P.S. Thanks to all other moderators too!!   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:14:41 AM by klaasend » Logged

Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: December 06, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »

Thank you Monken 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: December 06, 2008, 11:05:04 AM »

Thank you Monken 

Your Welcome! 

Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: December 06, 2008, 06:25:44 PM »

Monken ~  That was  very kind and thoughtful of you to express your appreciation about  Klaas, and I agree, she is  a very good and dedicated admin.    It was very nice of you to include the moderators in your thank you post.    They are a great bunch, and I enjoy being a part of their team.  And Monken, you are a good  monkey, and you post positive.    I'm glad you've joined us here at Scared Monkeys.   Thank you 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: December 06, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »

DOLCE,I will congratulate you on a well played game today.Now I want to tell you something I just found out.This is not game related.
This time last year I lost my youngest Grandchild.He was 8 months old.He died from neglect and abuse.No one was ever prosecuted...couldn't prove who actually did the abuse. He had an undiagnosed congenital birth defect,which was never diagnosed until the autopsy.They said that if it had been treated they could have saved him but due to the liver and head injuries he would have remained in a vegetative state.To make a long story short...The ex DIL has been picked up on several theft charges in the past 5 weeks.Today the icing on the cake came.Her now ex boyfriend has also been picked up on an old theft charge.No Bond on either person.Now I am hoping one will turn on the other to try to get reduced charges.See where I am coming from?Now maybe we will get info to find out who actually caused the final injury to the baby.I was crying my eyes out the last little while.This made my day.I want to get my hands on them and ..well you know,hurt them back..
Anyway we both had a good end of day,huh?
And you can bet Casey will get what is coming to her.You just wait and see.

Sorry for the rant .You are the first person I told.Now I am going to have a drink and try to calm down. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: December 06, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »

I just wanted to thank you Klaas and all the Mods for giving this crazy monkey a home.
I appreciate all the work you guys do. 

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: December 06, 2008, 08:07:19 PM »

Trimm ~  I'm so sorry for all the heartache you've been through.  I can't begin to imagine the pain of losing a grandson in the way you have and then to have to struggle with seeing the deed go unpunished.   No one can hurt your baby grandson any more, but I hope there will be justice for him, and for you.   I hope whoever was responsible for the mistreatment of your grandson and did the terrible things to him that injured him and resulted in his death  will have a day of reckoning and will have to answer for their crimes against an innocent babe.   I'm crying just reading through your post again.  Bless you and I hope you can continue to stay strong.  Prayers for your little grandson, may he rest in peace. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: December 06, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee. 

~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »

Monken ~  That was  very kind and thoughtful of you to express your appreciation about  Klaas, and I agree, she is  a very good and dedicated admin.    It was very nice of you to include the moderators in your thank you post.    They are a great bunch, and I enjoy being a part of their team.  And Monken, you are a good  monkey, and you post positive.    I'm glad you've joined us here at Scared Monkeys.   Thank you 

Muffybee, Bless your heart, that was so sweet. Merry Christmas!   

Phaedrus
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #894 on: December 06, 2008, 11:01:14 PM »

TRIMM I hope that those 2 get the DP or LIP....how tragic!!  I will add you to my prayers as it is going to be a bumpy road I am sure.

Good game!

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: December 07, 2008, 12:05:59 AM »

Trimm, I feel such a deep sadness for you going through such an enormous pain. I pray that justice prevails. (((((Trimm))))

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #896 on: December 07, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »

I feel really crappy talking about a stupid house when Trimms has so much distress. I am not that cold, honestly. Harm to a child has got to be the worst pain. It is to me. Again, (((( hugs to Trimm))))

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: December 07, 2008, 01:08:24 AM »

KLAAS THIS IS FOR YOU 

WITH THE HOLIDAYS HERE IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD TIME TO TELL PEOPLE
                HOW MUCH THEY ARE APPRECIATED. I KNOW THE MONKEYS THANK YOU
                FOR WHAT YOU DO FROM TIME TO TIME BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK PEOPLE
                REALIZE WHAT DEDICATION IT TAKES TO MODERATE LIKE YOU DO, DAY
                AFTER DAY AFTER DAY. I WOULD LIKE TO USE A LINE FROM ONE OF MY
                FAVORITE TV SHOWS OF ALL TIME, THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW:

WHEN DEALING WITH PEOPLE; YOU DON'T GO SO MUCH BY THE BOOK;
                BUT BY THE HEART. ANYWAY, THAT'S HOW I SEE IT FROM MY SIDE!

!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

P.S. Thanks to all other moderators too!!   

I hate to ride shirt-tails, but this was well worded and expresses how I feel towards Klaas and the other mods here.

You all DO moderate this forum by heart, not cold rules, and that is one of the many good things about this forum.

Klaas .. you have been especially welcoming to me as a newcomer, and I can't tell you how much your kind words have meant to me and kept me here when I thought I had no place here.

And the other mods here with whom I have had contact (you know who you are) have been so kind and encouraging to me ... I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love it here and I know none of this could be the way it is without all of you!

Thank you ALL mods, and thank you RED for having this blog and encouraging us in our journey for truth and justice. I am just sorry I never got involved in these issues until recently.

Happy Holidays to all of you monkeys. You are all such special people! (People who question, people who do not hide their heads in the sand when victim's rights need to be recognized!)

I am proud to be one of you.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #898 on: December 07, 2008, 02:55:02 AM »

Trimm, I am so very sorry to read of the awful tragedy you and your family have had to endure.  I can't imagine anything so devastating.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers as well as justice for your grandbaby and all who miss him. 

(((((((((((trimm))))))))))))

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: December 07, 2008, 04:34:27 AM »

trimmonthelake:

You probably don't know this, but I have found a friend in you here on the SM forum, and I am so sorry for your loss and your pain.

I send you my positive thoughts and I hope they do see you through.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.