May 22, 2024, 04:02:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 446467 times)
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #760 on: January 26, 2010, 09:57:18 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/01/how-does-felony-conviction-aff.html
WDBO Local News      
How does felony conviction affect Casey Anthony murder trial?
By
Drew Petrimoulx
@ January 26, 2010 5:00 AM Permalink | Comments (0)
Casey Anthony is now a convicted felon - having plead guilty Monday to 13 charges from fraud to forgery stemming from a shopping spree she went on using checks stolen from a former friend.
As the attention now focuses solely on Casey's capital murder trial, one of the looming questions is how Casey's previous record will affect defense strategy and whether the accused child killer will take the stand in her own defense.

"It seems likely to be extremely dangerous," said veteran attorney Mark NeJame on the prospect of Casey taking to stand and then being subjected to cross-examination.

NaJame said the state's case will likely involve showing that Casey's behavior during the time that her daughter was missing was inconsistent with someone that lost their child accidentally.

If the defense does decide to put Casey on the stand, the prosecution could bring up her felony past and that she committed the crimes - shopping for beer and clothes with stolen checks - while her 2-year-old daughter was missing.

But NeJame said bringing that evidence into court could present a risk to the prosecution as well.

"That may, in fact, infect the case overall and allow the defense a basis for appeal," he said.

NeJame said the struggle between the defense and prosecution over what evidence and testimony should be allowed in court will be a difficult but crucial one for Judge Stan Strickland to referee.

After Monday's hearing, defense attorney Jose Baez didn't rule out putting Casey on the stand.

"We don't believe the jurors that we are going to pick will find her guilty because she wrote some bad checks," he said.
As the attention now focuses solely on Casey's capital murder trial, one of the looming questions is how Casey's previous record will affect defense strategy and whether the accused child killer will take the stand in her own defense.

"It seems likely to be extremely dangerous," said veteran attorney Mark NeJame on the prospect of Casey taking to stand and then being subjected to cross-examination.

NaJame said the state's case will likely involve showing that Casey's behavior during the time that her daughter was missing was inconsistent with someone that lost their child accidentally.

If the defense does decide to put Casey on the stand, the prosecution could bring up her felony past and that she committed the crimes - shopping for beer and clothes with stolen checks - while her 2-year-old daughter was missing.

But NeJame said bringing that evidence into court could present a risk to the prosecution as well.

"That may, in fact, infect the case overall and allow the defense a basis for appeal," he said.

NeJame said the struggle between the defense and prosecution over what evidence and testimony should be allowed in court will be a difficult but crucial one for Judge Stan Strickland to referee.

After Monday's hearing, defense attorney Jose Baez didn't rule out putting Casey on the stand.

"We don't believe the jurors that we are going to pick will find her guilty because she wrote some bad checks," he said.
Thanks, Trimm.
What really frosts my ever increasing underwear is how Baez says "bad checks".  No way, Jose, they were STOLEN checks, from a trusting friend.  How dare he minimize Casey's crime? 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: January 26, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »

i have a question.does everyone here believe that the whole kronk being involved issue is a lie? i am only asking because i would like to know your opions.

Hi Luvmy...................JMO, I don't believe for a second RK had anything to do with Caylee's murder. I do believe he had some helpful knowledge in finding her.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #762 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02:34 AM »

Thanks for all the updates  Amy imo, is doing the right thing, she doesn't want to get caught up in this circus, and I'm glad she is staying away from it. I hope she is doing well in her life  an angelic monkey

I hope Amy is doing well, too.    But I have to admit that I was looking forward to watching KC squirm, knowing Amy was in the court room.   I bet KC was glad she wasn't there.

Good morning everyone.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: January 26, 2010, 10:03:09 AM »

Dear Monkeys,

Thankfully our evil witch, didn't stop with taking Caylee's last breath.  Without her kind consideration, we may have been waiting even longer for the tiny smidgen of justice that we got today.  The words convicted felon have made so many people who have grown to love Caylee, very happy.  With all of the jealousy between Casey and Cindy, I hope all the love that we keep for precious Caylee is tedious for both of them.  In the grand scheme of things, I am sure that both of them think that if it wasn't for us crazy bloggers and that pesky LE and the State, Casey would be living her *beautiful life*.   I watched both of them smile today in court and it made my skin crawl.  I don't even think of them as the same species.  Even before Caylee was murdered, their was a nasty black cloud over Hopespring and they all knew it, there was never any hope for Caylee.  I broke down and cried today as once again Baez made it seem as if Casey were the victim.  Poor lil thing, all picked on and stuff.  Why make such a big deal out of a little crime spree?  He tried to make it seem as if she shoplifted candy and was not caught on video and on paper committing crimes as Caylee's body lay in a mucky swamp.  Yes, Baez we did get some mucky justice today, Casey caused all of this muck but be sure it will be raked thoroughly,  just as the crime scene was.  Where wonderful men and women sifted for days and nights on their hands and knees for every precious bone.

I am glad we were all in the cage together today my friends.  I was holding your hands, I hope you felt me hold yours.

Hugs, Magic

hi Magic! JB showed once again what an azz he is. And no one was impressed. Not the judge, not his LEAD attorney and certainly not the general public watching him and his client.  She walked in all grins and cocky..not a good  move to gain any sympathy when one is walking into court to admit to crimes.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #764 on: January 26, 2010, 10:04:34 AM »

i have a question.does everyone here believe that the whole kronk being involved issue is a lie? i am only asking because i would like to know your opions.

Hi Luvmy...................JMO, I don't believe for a second RK had anything to do with Caylee's murder. I do believe he had some helpful knowledge in finding her.
I feel the same way Sunny.  Yesterday when the hearing was going on, there was a chat on the right side of the screen, that I was reading. Someone commented that after the sentencing Casey turned to Baez, and made a comment, something to the effect of nice try, or good try. Did anyone else see that, or hear about that?
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: January 26, 2010, 10:05:11 AM »

trim and tupelo, thanks for all the morning updates!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: January 26, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »

Thanks for all the updates  Amy imo, is doing the right thing, she doesn't want to get caught up in this circus, and I'm glad she is staying away from it. I hope she is doing well in her life  an angelic monkey

I hope Amy is doing well, too.    But I have to admit that I was looking forward to watching KC squirm, knowing Amy was in the court room.   I bet KC was glad she wasn't there.

Good morning everyone.
I'll bet Casey was glad also. Amy had brains not to walk into that lion's den. Can you just imagine the looks she would have gotten from George and Cindy? 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: January 26, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »

Two comments on Bill Scheaffer's blog:

RS said, on January 25, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Here is a recap of part of the exit from court today from someone who went…

KB = Kathi Belich

After the hearing, I got on the elevator, Cindy & Geo get on, a lot of media get on…last one was KB

Cindy says “If YOUR getting on I want off”

KB steps aside to let her out.

Cindy says ” I’m claustrophobic”

KB says ” I’m not, do you want off?”

Cindy says “No, but it’s just common courtesy”

People just snickered!

RS said, on January 25, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Forgot…

It was all bluff, she did not get off the elevator…

I love that people just snickered at her..........GO KB!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: January 26, 2010, 10:10:26 AM »

Two comments on Bill Scheaffer's blog:

RS said, on January 25, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Here is a recap of part of the exit from court today from someone who went…

KB = Kathi Belich

After the hearing, I got on the elevator, Cindy & Geo get on, a lot of media get on…last one was KB

Cindy says “If YOUR getting on I want off”

KB steps aside to let her out.

Cindy says ” I’m claustrophobic”

KB says ” I’m not, do you want off?”

Cindy says “No, but it’s just common courtesy”

People just snickered!

RS said, on January 25, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Forgot…

It was all bluff, she did not get off the elevator…

In my experience, people who are claustrophobic usually take the stairs.

I have learned a lot about being a mother from Cindy Anthony.  No, I do not have my tongue in my cheek.

I have learned that if you keep cleaning up after your kid, they do not learn to take responsibility for themselves.  It starts with little things and then gets bigger.  Casey depleted Cindy's savings until there was no more there.  Did Cindy think it would stop when she ran out of money? 

Casey went on to others, even stealing from her own Grandparents (that is just despicable, to prey on the weak and the vulnerable).  Casey then preyed on her friends.  She was a predator, always looking for her next victim.  The forgeries were not her first crime.  Cindy covered up for her crimes until the day came where the crime was to big to cover up.

If Cindy would have made Casey take responsibility earlier, this would never have happened, imo.  Cindy also badgered all those who would hold Casey responsible for anything, including murder.

well stated Bearly!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: January 26, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »

nrcg, I too think Amy is doing the right thing.......I am really glad she didn't show up yesterday. I think just seeing KC would be enough to upset her.....hearing the empty apology in person............nope, not worth it!  I wish Amy the very best.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: January 26, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »

I feel the same way Sunny.  Yesterday when the hearing was going on, there was a chat on the right side of the screen, that I was reading. Someone commented that after the sentencing Casey turned to Baez, and made a comment, something to the effect of nice try, or good try. Did anyone else see that, or hear about that?

I didn't see it.  But I didn't see JB drop his files either....that's what I get for multi tasking

Rest in Peace Caylee

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #771 on: January 26, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT WE WILL BE DOING SOME FORUM MAINTENANCE TOMORROW NIGHT AT AROUND 10PM CENTRAL TIME.  THE FORUM WILL BE DOWN FOR A BIT AT THAT TIME, SO DON'T THINK IT'S YOU.

WE HAVE BEEN HAVING A LOT OF DOWNTIME RECENTLY AND OUR TECH GUY IS WORKING ON A SOLUTION.  IT'S BEEN FRUSTRATING FOR ALL OF US.

DOWNTIME - 15-20 MINUTES OR SO
TUESDAY - 1/26/10

8PM PACIFIC
10PM CENTRAL
11PM EASTERN

Thank you !!!   
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #772 on: January 26, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »

For BOO and other Monks who missed it!!

COURT HEARING: Part 1 of 2
http://www.wftv.com/video/22335740/index.html

COURT HEARING: Part 2 of 2
http://www.wftv.com/video/22335862/index.html

Thanks Sunny, got your e too. Well, at least she is a convicted felon. Now I want her a convicted murder, then I will be happy. 

Hi BOO!!   

Hey Sunny!! Morning Monkeys!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: January 26, 2010, 10:36:04 AM »

I didn't see it.  But I didn't see JB drop his files either....that's what I get for multi tasking
I didn't see that either. I was going from this forum to the hearing and reading along with the chat. There were several people from SM and WS chatting.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #774 on: January 26, 2010, 10:36:15 AM »

If I were Amy I would have showed up, sat in the front row on Caylee's side and glared at her the whole time. 

I would have wanted to watch her squirm and glance around at everyone but me.   Monkey Devil!

Then when she was issuing her well rehearsed "apology" I would have had my hands on my hips and 

Of course I would have commented Yeah Right and left the court room. Then I would have questioned George and Cindy in the hallway and asked if they were proud of their little girl now. Just to watch Cindy get all steamed and PO'd would have been worth it. Of course cameras would have caught everything.

Amy's too nice.  an angelic monkey

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #775 on: January 26, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »

If I were Amy I would have showed up, sat in the front row on Caylee's side and glared at her the whole time. 

I would have wanted to watch her squirm and glance around at everyone but me.   Monkey Devil!

Then when she was issuing her well rehearsed "apology" I would have had my hands on my hips and 

Of course I would have commented Yeah Right and left the court room. Then I would have questioned George and Cindy in the hallway and asked if they were proud of their little girl now. Just to watch Cindy get all steamed and PO'd would have been worth it. Of course cameras would have caught everything.

Amy's too nice, and also probably afraid to go to the courtroom and deal with all that, I know that I would have been 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: January 26, 2010, 10:41:04 AM »

Like you I would have been there Monkey Devil! and probably gotten my rear in trouble! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #777 on: January 26, 2010, 10:50:59 AM »

Issues 1/25/10 Casey Anthony - Jose Live On Air
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwZxxAXxq4U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/OwZxxAXxq4U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b</a>

Jose is intellectually dishonest here [ for those in the tv audience who didn't watch the proceedings ] -Judge Strickland clearly rebutted Baez's claims of prejudicial persecution toward Casey in court yesterday with regards to his ultimate ruling in her check fraud case.  Judge Strickland cannot change Florida law on a whim or case by case basis.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: January 26, 2010, 10:55:59 AM »

Baez on In Session this morning saying to Amy, if she still has any love for Casey, to accept her heartfelt apology 
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #779 on: January 26, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »

hi, monkeys, been logged in but not actually here. 

just dropping by to say hi and I couldn't get in the cage yesterday to say:

wow, thanks for the apology to Amy, ya evil beyoooootch. Sorry you weren't a better friend.

sorry you weren't a better mother and a better human being! 

I remember you, Caylee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.