May 04, 2024, 04:36:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 4 8/26/09 - 9/28/09  (Read 484152 times)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1780 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »

This image from JVK's picture album at WS......kinda creeps me out.
I guess I am just not understanding how a little 10 year old girl with little girl fears(afraid of the dark)could be all into the twilight thing.

I understand that.  It is a love story. "love conquers all".  The characters are outsiders and maybe she relates to that a little.  I don't think she looks at the characters as "dark". 

This sounds really stupid (and I am ashamed)  but I used to really like the Buffy-Angel relationship in Buffy the vampire slayer.  I would watch it each week.   
LOL....not me 

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1781 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32:36 PM »

It is hard to imagine that certain locals have enough power to get this kind of investigation going based on rumors alone. We all know that it sometimes takes an act of God to get LE moving on anything. I have emailed with Kona back and forth and by all accounts she appeared to be truly trying to find answers to bring little Lindsey home. I cannot help but wonder if she and her family were used as scapegoats by the real perp. Perhaps because it has become common knowledge that there are those in town that don't like her? You plant some evidence on her property and those locals lap it up with a spoon and fork because, after all, she was not well liked by them. I don't know, I am getting that "hinky" feeling again.

Hi sebastian

A genuine suspicion may have been based on the fact that ... according to DD .. Kona inserted herself personally in the case.  Not only do many with sincere motives become active along side an investigation in persuit of answers but ... so do the perps who have a personal agenda to obstruct the investigation by distract from themselves and ... distracting from the evidence.  Perps have been known to speak publicly on behalf of the victim as well as appear to search for the missing.

It appears that Kona's neighbours stand behind the family.  I have not heard anything negative.

Janet

+++++

Search Warrants Served In Missing Girl Case
Posted: 11:42 am PDT September 25, 2009
Updated: 6:37 pm PDT September 25, 2009

Neighbors said they don’t think police will find a thing.

"I just think they've got the wrong family. I'm sure they've got some sort of evidence or something, but I'm sure they've got the wrong family," said one neighbor who did not give his name.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/21116315/detail.html

Police have yet to find big break in case
The Daily World
Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:14 AM PDT

Chief Criminal Deputy Dave Pimentel said he conducted interviews with a number of people Friday, but said no suspects or persons of interests have been named and no arrests have been made.

“So far, we have not found that smoking gun, we have not found anything that would jump out at us, but without forensic analysis done at the lab, we can’t really say whether what we’ve found will help our cause or not.”

<snipped>

Pimentel noted that although the search warrants are getting a lot of attention, the Sheriff’s Office has “served dozens of search warrants” during the course of the three-month investigation.

“This is just one tip we’ve received that we decided to follow up on out of thousands, literally, thousands of tips,” Pimentel said. “The people we talked to yesterday were among the hundreds and hundreds of people we’ve talked to, as well.”

http://**/articles/2009/09/27/local_news/doc4abf03c936aa2261426446.txt

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1782 on: September 27, 2009, 07:33:59 PM »

i could be wrong but i really think they were looking for her bathing suit at the posters house
why do you think that...(sorry but i'm mamanosey30 right now.)

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1783 on: September 27, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »

DD,were the LE looking for Lindseys bathing suit?
What are you thinking Karma, I must not be thinking clearly, are you thinking perhaps she disappeared earlier in the day? Didn't the kids swim earlier that day, at one of the friend's house, we saw a pic of the house and pool.
I'm thinking there is still something off about that house she swam at for 2 days in a row with girls that were just recently her enemies.I'm also thinking that the whole timeline for Lindsey to:
1)go swimming all day
2)go to video store and play around while the so called friends rented movies
3)walk home with Kayla
4)take a shower or bath and change into clothes
5)walk to Shell station on a broken bike
6)argue with Josh
7)leave bike at Shell station
8)keep walking and arguing with Josh
9)neighbor/friend of family sends Josh home
10)Lindsey and Kayla walk on to Kayla's house
She was seen in the video store at 8:19 IIRC and so that leaves about 45 minutes or so to do #2 thru #10
I'm thinking she may not have done #4

Thank you Karma for laying it out like this.  Also, maybe she never went home at all? 
You're welcome Madre
I think she did go home because her phone was left at home charging and Kayla was with her the whole day.I don't think Kayla would lie about any of that.

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1784 on: September 27, 2009, 07:39:39 PM »

EVIDENCE?

Police have yet to find big break in case
By Steven Friederich
The Daily World
Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:14 AM PDT

Chief Criminal Deputy Dave Pimentel said he conducted interviews with a number of people Friday, but said no suspects or persons of interests have been named and no arrests have been made.

“So far, we have not found that smoking gun, we have not found anything that would jump out at us, but without forensic analysis done at the lab, we can’t really say whether what we’ve found will help our cause or not.”

<snipped>

Pimentel noted that although the search warrants are getting a lot of attention, the Sheriff’s Office has “served dozens of search warrants” during the course of the three-month investigation.

“This is just one tip we’ve received that we decided to follow up on out of thousands, literally, thousands of tips,” Pimentel said. “The people we talked to yesterday were among the hundreds and hundreds of people we’ve talked to, as well.”

Pimentel said the next step is sending the dozens of boxes and bags of evidence on to the state’s crime lab for forensic analysis.

http://**/articles/2009/09/27/local_news/doc4abf03c936aa2261426446.txt

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1785 on: September 27, 2009, 07:40:01 PM »

i could be wrong but i really think they were looking for her bathing suit at the posters house

I am Sebastiannosey, lol! If they were looking for the bathing suit, then the whole original story goes right out the window. Unless we were all duped and she was actually wearing the bathingsuit when she walked home from KK's house. If that is the case, ANYONE could have planted the bathingsuit.

Again, MM, where are you? I truly want your help this time!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1786 on: September 27, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »

DD,were the LE looking for Lindseys bathing suit?
What are you thinking Karma, I must not be thinking clearly, are you thinking perhaps she disappeared earlier in the day? Didn't the kids swim earlier that day, at one of the friend's house, we saw a pic of the house and pool.
I'm thinking there is still something off about that house she swam at for 2 days in a row with girls that were just recently her enemies.I'm also thinking that the whole timeline for Lindsey to:
1)go swimming all day
2)go to video store and play around while the so called friends rented movies
3)walk home with Kayla
4)take a shower or bath and change into clothes
5)walk to Shell station on a broken bike
6)argue with Josh
7)leave bike at Shell station
8)keep walking and arguing with Josh
9)neighbor/friend of family sends Josh home
10)Lindsey and Kayla walk on to Kayla's house
She was seen in the video store at 8:19 IIRC and so that leaves about 45 minutes or so to do #2 thru #10
I'm thinking she may not have done #4

Thank you Karma for laying it out like this.  Also, maybe she never went home at all? 
Excellent, thanks, when you look at all that, there isn't alot of time for number 4 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1787 on: September 27, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »

Probably way off, but I wonder if she drowned.  Maybe mood:wet on myspace was not so innocent.
That has always bothered me  And I never thought it was innocent, but never thought about drowning.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1788 on: September 27, 2009, 07:44:09 PM »

Hi DD!!  Please explain how you know they found nothing in the search?  Are you working with the local LE?  From what I seen on TV, men dressed in HazMet suits had something in their hands and headed for a large truck.  As I posted early on, I believe it was chemicals(possibly for drugs).  Maybe you know if the results of the LE search was negative??  How??  I hope not from someone who's place was being searched.  I would like to know if someone knows if Lindsey was last seen wearing her bathing suit.  If so, a lot makes sense and I will focus my search in another direction.  I phoned a tip in early on and still believe this person may be involved somehow.  LE makes no mention of this individual, yet it is this person was targeted early on.  shortcake
Hi ShortCake
In one of the media articles posted today,may have been the Daily World,the LE said it may have looked like they were looking for drugs/chemicals but they weren't.They were looking for evidence to do with Lindsey.

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1789 on: September 27, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »

Hi DD!!  Please explain how you know they found nothing in the search?  Are you working with the local LE?  From what I seen on TV, men dressed in HazMet suits had something in their hands and headed for a large truck.  As I posted early on, I believe it was chemicals(possibly for drugs).  Maybe you know if the results of the LE search was negative??  How??  I hope not from someone who's place was being searched.  I would like to know if someone knows if Lindsey was last seen wearing her bathing suit.  If so, a lot makes sense and I will focus my search in another direction.  I phoned a tip in early on and still believe this person may be involved somehow.  LE makes no mention of this individual, yet it is this person was targeted early on.  shortcake
Hi ShortCake
In one of the media articles posted today,may have been the Daily World,the LE said it may have looked like they were looking for drugs/chemicals but they weren't.They were looking for evidence to do with Lindsey.
That's true, but those HazMet suits I have never seen worn unless there was evidence or suspicion of somekind of drug or chemical 
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1790 on: September 27, 2009, 07:49:04 PM »

or maybe we have really Really been duped and she skipped 6-9.  just throwin that out...you can throw it back if ya want
::ducking nanners::

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1791 on: September 27, 2009, 07:50:56 PM »

the reason i was thinking that, is because after reading dd's post it seemed pretty clear that what they were looking for should have been at lb's house, not anyone elses house, according to the original timeline and stories we heard from people regarding what lb was supposedly wearing that night.
atlanta_mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1792 on: September 27, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »

Probably way off, but I wonder if she drowned.  Maybe mood:wet on myspace was not so innocent.
That has always bothered me  And I never thought it was innocent, but never thought about drowning.

I have always thought there was more to this than just a friend going on myspace for another friend.  But that was Kara's daughter, right?  Just seems odd.  Maybe they left here somewhere (not knowing she drowned) and was joking (or being mean) about her being wet thinking she would come home.  Pure speculation----it just seems odd. 

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1793 on: September 27, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »

iirc it started as adored with little floaty hearts to 'wet'. 

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1794 on: September 27, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »

Hi ShortCake
That's true, but those HazMet suits I have never seen worn unless there was evidence or suspicion of somekind of drug or chemical 
That is strange,I have seen them wear the booties(on CSI)while investigating but not the whole suit.
It's almost like that whole search was just for show huh?

I have to say goodnight Monkeys,get ready for work tomorrow.....another day another dollar Smile

Something has been bugging me about the name Self,the guy who lives across the street from the Mayor.Does anyone know if this would be the BeeHive retirement apartments where he lives?Also,I could have sworn we were trying to track down a RSO by the name of Ricky Self(in the beginning of this case).
I hope to find out more about that tomorrow.

Praying for you sweet Lindsey
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1795 on: September 27, 2009, 07:59:06 PM »

Hi Madre,  That was an eye opener for sure about Kona.  And whether or not she is liked or not by the townfolk, has been an activist in doing everything she can to help learn what happened to Lindsey or belongs here, I still agree with Janet when she says:  "Hey ... whatever led the LE to a search of the properties own by Kona and prompted an interrogation of the family ... in the process of elimination ... needed to be check out".  I hope there is nothing there as the neighbors say they must have the wrong house and family and then LE will move on if that is the case.  It would be interesting to see what pulls up on the white car shown at the searched property just for good measure.  Does she still post on the boards?

Question:  Where did we learn that Lindsey took a shower before heading over to KK's house?  I don't think it came from an official source as I remember - could be wrong.  She well could have had her suit on under her clothes.  Most kids don't always shower after swimming but just dry off with a towel and put their clothes back on IMO    Thanks for that timeline Karma.

Also,  what do we really know about Lindsey having another friend who lived on Maple where she supposedly stopped on her way home that night to see if she could spend the night and they said no.  Is that pure RUMOR?  Thanks

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1796 on: September 27, 2009, 08:08:21 PM »

Hi ShortCake

Could they have donned the suits to protect themselves in such ramshackle structures, the house and outbuildings.  It looked like it would be dangerous to even walk around outside!  If there is a problem with drugs in that town, an abandoned home would be perfect for those dealing.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1797 on: September 27, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »

I have always thought the timeframe did not allow for showering and changing.  Lindsey was at the video store at 8:15 PM and ... at the Kampen/Williams at around 9:00 PM.

I could be wrong but ... I do not believe that a bath/changing, argument, intervention and a 15 minute walk all took place in 45 minutes. 

Maybe Lindsey just threw clothes over her bathing suit.

Hey ... where is it implied that investigators were looking for a bathing suit.

Janet

++++++

TIMELINE

8:15 PM – OBSERVED AT VIDEO STORE
0:00 PM – ARRIVES AT THE BAUM RESIDENCE

0:00 PM - LEAVES THE BAUM RESIDENCE
0:00 PM - THE ARGUMENT - THE BIKE - THE SHELL STATION
0:00 PM - THE INTERVENTION - JOSH IS SENT HOME
9:00 PM - ARRIVES AT THE KAMPEN/WILLIAM’S RESIDENCE
9:15 PM – LEAVES THE KAMPEN/WILLIAMS’S RESIDENCE
9:30 PM - CONFIRMED SIGHTING – 5TH AND MAPLE

The Olympian – June 30, 2009

MCCLEARY – ... Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

The Daily World – July 3, 2009

Kara Kampen said she thought nothing of it when Lindsey Baum walked out of her house at about 9:15 p.m. last Friday.

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

KOMO News – June 28, 2009

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

_____

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1798 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:09 PM »

I have always thought the timeframe did not allow for showering and changing.  Lindsey was at the video store at 8:15 PM and ... at the Kampen/Williams at around 9:00 PM.

I could be wrong but ... I do not believe that a bath/changing, argument, intervention and a 15 minute walk all took place in 45 minutes. 

Maybe Lindsey just threw clothes over her bathing suit.

Hey ... where is it implied that investigators were looking for a bathing suit.

Janet

++++++

TIMELINE

8:15 PM – OBSERVED AT VIDEO STORE
0:00 PM – ARRIVES AT THE BAUM RESIDENCE

0:00 PM - LEAVES THE BAUM RESIDENCE
0:00 PM - THE ARGUMENT - THE BIKE - THE SHELL STATION
0:00 PM - THE INTERVENTION - JOSH IS SENT HOME
9:00 PM - ARRIVES AT THE KAMPEN/WILLIAM’S RESIDENCE
9:15 PM – LEAVES THE KAMPEN/WILLIAMS’S RESIDENCE
9:30 PM - CONFIRMED SIGHTING – 5TH AND MAPLE

The Olympian – June 30, 2009

MCCLEARY – ... Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

ABC News - June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

The Daily World – July 3, 2009

Kara Kampen said she thought nothing of it when Lindsey Baum walked out of her house at about 9:15 p.m. last Friday.

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

KOMO News – June 28, 2009

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

I think it was implied Tamikosmom.  But if her suit wasn't found at her house that must mean she wore it over to Kayla's under her clothes.  And it could be the profile of her abductor would state this person would remove that suit and not redress her in it as he would have no remorse.  It all depends on the profile, but it sounds like the perfect profile for a perp who only wants one thing, just sayin'.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1799 on: September 27, 2009, 08:53:34 PM »

. . . . and isn't it odd that Self, who was home at that same time, saw nothing, not even the kids playing in the street that Bentley saw?

I wonder if there has to be cause to ask someone to take a LDT in GHC?
That part of the article bothered me also Scandi.
I hate to point at anyone innocent but dang it,this is the first we are hearing that Lindsey disappeared right in front of the Mayor's house.I can't even find a picture of Mayor Bentley and IMO if he has any suspicions surrounding him,I doubt the McCleary LE will investigate him.

I hope you saw my link on the Mayor's pictures.

This is the exact reason I was harping so much about the LE not doing their jobs, and outside LE such as State or Federal investigators should be brought in. Not because of the Mayor, per se, but because it looked to me like they were covering for someone in McCleary.

I spoke of the 5th amendment and last night, and realized my mistake later I meant the 4th amendment.  Sorry.

Thanks Fanny, I just saw his photo on your link.

The 4th amendment dealing with search and seizure specifies that the search has to be signed by a judge and have probable cause.  I guess until we learn something new about this I will have to say I have to trust the integrity of those officers and officials involved in the case.  Isn't the FBI still directing the case?  I know they have a 3 or 4 person squad full time in Montesano working on Lindsey's case {last I read}, and have not heard that the FBI is no longer involved in the case.  I could be wrong and correct me if that is not the case.  xox

hi Scandi... I have always respected your postings and reasoning, have seen you work on many cases over the years.

yes they have to have probable cause.  I do believe you will be surprised when it comes out that the judge has a DIRECT CONFLICT with the family over personal matters.  This will be brought up to the attorney for the family.  It is POSSIBLE someone's personal conflict got in the way of good judgement.  I would really hope not, but this judge should never have been the one to okay the warrants in the first place.  The conflict has to do with personal problems between the two families, NOT ANYTHING "LEGAL" at all.  some old deep wounds there between his family and the family he signed the search warrant for. 

so let's see what becomes of this. 

again Scandi.  Always enjoyed seeing your posts.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.