May 05, 2024, 12:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chelsea King, 17, Missing 2-25-2010 Rancho Bernadino CA (BODY FOUND)  (Read 513546 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »

Possible Link to Chelsea King and Another Jogger Investigated

Reported by: San Diego 6 News Team
Email: newstips@sandiego6.com
Last Update: 6:33 pm

SAN DIEGO  - The search for a Poway teenager who is missing  near Lake Hodges continued in Saturday's rain, as authorities investigated whether her disappearance was related to a female jogger's assault near the the park last December.

Chelsea King, 17, was reported missing Thursday when she didn't return home from school.

Her BMW sedan was found outside the Rancho Bernardo Community Center, where she often ran along the trails around Lake Hodges.

Deputies looked for her through the night, then were joined by officers and tracking dogs from Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange counties, along with the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, the FBI, and San Diego police.

Sheriff's dive teams searched the lake Saturday, as hundreds of other law officers and volunteers combed the streams and rivers feeding into the basin, said Sheriff Bill Gore.

"It's been a truly great effort by everybody, all with the same goal oftrying to return Chelsea to her family,'' Gore said.  "It's obviously the unknown that's so stressful and so traumatic in something like this.''

Gore said later in the day that searches by about 150 personnel, including detectives chasing every possible lead, will continue through the night and Sunday.

"We wouldn't be here if there wasn't a chance of finding her,'' Gores aid.  "The more we search, the more we can eliminate.''

Chelsea's parents, Brent and Kelly King, met with volunteers at the Chelsea King Search Center office at 11858 Bernardo Plaza, where so many people turned out despite chilling rain showers that some were told to go home.

"It's a reflection of who she is and what kind of person she is, ''Brent Kelly said as he and his wife stood in front of a band of volunteers.  "She's that kind of kid that everybody loves and it shows.''

Kelly King added that her heart,  "is overflowing with all the support and all this love, and there's no words for it.''

Brent King said Chelsea posted small notes with favorite inspirational sayings in her bathroom, including one from classical Roman poet Virgil,  "They can because they think they can.''

"We think we can bring her back; we'll find her,'' Brent King said.

Gore said investigators were working with San Diego police to determine whether her disappearance might be connected to a Dec, 27 assault on a woman at the Rancho Bernardo park. He did not offer more details on that case.

Law enforcement helicopters searched the park and lake with infrared devices, but found no trace of Chelsea, Gore said.

Investigators have seized Chelsea's cell phone, which was found in her car, and her home computer.

Chelsea is white, 5 feet 5 inches and 115 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.

She is due to graduate from Poway High School this spring, and is a member of the San Diego Youth Symphony and a straight-A student, and has served as a peer counselor at the school.

Depuites asked anyone with information on the girl's whereabouts to call the sheriff's department at (858) 565-5200.
http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Chelsea-King-missing-Poway-Rancho-Bernardo-jogging/zTLAKar0XUGyf78trbfHvg.cspx

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2010, 10:18:07 PM »

(More info on attack in December)

Female Jogger Attacked in Rancho Bernardo
   Contributor: Courtney Dwyer
Email: courtney.dwyer@sandiego6.com
Last Update: 12/28/2009 11:44 pm

SAN DIEGO - A female jogger was attacked Sunday by a would-be robber in San Diego's Rancho Bernardo neighborhood.

The woman was jogging by herself in the Westwood subdivision near Poblado Road when the attack took place around 10:30 Sunday morning.  It happened on a hiking trail north of 10400 Pablado Rd.

"I heard this helicopter and it kept circling overhead and it was getting lower and it was a Police helicopter.  After about 10 minutes, he finally came on the loud speaker and basically said we're looking for someone, a lady has been attacked in the canyon," says Steve Smith, a resident who lives near the trail.

The unidentified victim, who is in her mid-20s says the attacker said hello as she was passing and then grabbed her, tackled her to the ground and demanded money.

The victim got away after she elbowed the attacker in the face.  Police think he may have a broken nose.

The suspect is described as a white male in his mid-20s, 5'11", 230 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.  He was wearing a blue and white sweater and jeans.

The woman escaped with minor injuries but neighbors remain concerned.  "It upsets me because it happened in my neighborhood.  I won't say that I would normally be out there at 10:30 in the morning, but I wish I would have been out there about that time," says Phil Sowers, a resident who uses the trail a few times a week.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact San Diego Police.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Female-jogger-attacked-in-Rancho-Bernardo/wQY_KHtjkUWuBy3sHvcJiQ.cspx

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »

A sketch of a suspect wanted in attempted kidnap from Poway february 2009

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2010, 10:40:56 PM »

Private investigator Garcia reports early on that a girl in Escandido was almost abducted by a male on in White SUV 2 weeks before Amber went missing..
She ran into an elementary school to get away..

Also.... Garcia talks of this case..
 This one an abduction in Powway California..

Poway, Calif. -- Authorities asked the public Monday for help in identifying and locating three men who abducted a 12-year-old girl on a Poway street last week.

Sheriff's officials released a sketch of one of the kidnappers, who drove the victim around the Poway area for about a half-hour before releasing her unharmed.

The youngster reported that the trio confronted her near the intersection of Scots Way and Midland Road as she was walking home about 5:30 p.m. Thursday and forced her into an older-model white van, Detective Christopher Johnson said.

The girl said the men -- she described them as Latinos in their 20s or early 30s -- did not assault her and eventually pulled over and let her get out of the vehicle.

http://www.10news.com/news/18622487/detail.html

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5970.0
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2010, 10:50:58 PM »

MizJay....I haven't heard anymore.....they have so much going on it is hard to follow. I did hear them talking about getting DNA off a steering wheel and console, but later found that it was another victim of some kind of  crime. The car belonged to the victim and wanted it done before she picked up the car.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »

This Poway is also within range of our walmart child molest suspect, that police have photos of but aparently have not been able to identify.

BUT ..He has a red truck which they also have video of and I wonder if it was seen on video or by witness in that park..

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2010, 10:55:22 PM »

http://www.powayusd.com/pusdphs/
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »

MizJay....I haven't heard anymore.....they have so much going on it is hard to follow. I did hear them talking about getting DNA off a steering wheel and console, but later found that it was another victim of some kind of  crime. The car belonged to the victim and wanted it done before she picked up the car.
I've still got it on, my cable is out,  so much of what they say I'm not exactly understanding. I need a code book!  Now at least I'll know where to listen in when I see the helicopter or squad cars slowly going thru my neighborhood
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2010, 11:28:35 PM »

Also currant in the news is this one.. The Whole family !! car found near the border. which happened in february. 2010

Police search for missing San Clemente business owner and family ...Feb 19, 2010 ... The San Diego County Sheriff's Department conducted a check on the family ... San Clemente business owner Joseph McStay was reported missing .... Softball star's suicide saddens many · Here are some of O.C.'s most wanted ...
www.ocregister.com/articles/cirignani-235298-joseph-mcstay.html

ALSO THIS.. Historical FACT..

Danielle van Dam was reported missing on February 2nd. from san diego

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2010, 01:18:13 AM »

I don't know if the 2 cases are connected but I think they are close enough to consider it. It could be just a coincidence or it may not be. I think it is strange that the 2 girls had similar hair, skin and eye color, both were within in the same age group and they lived within 10 miles of one another. It seems both girls were doing something within their daily routines, either walking to school as Amber was doing or going for her daily jog as Chelsea was doing. Could both of these girls have been taken by some crazy person with a preference for auburn haired teen aged girls in the month of Feb? I think stranger things have happened.

I just pray if they are connected then we find both girls alive and well, if not connected? then the same outcome, be found safe and well.

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2010, 01:28:53 AM »

Facebook

Personal Information:This FAN PAGE was created to help spread the word about CHELSEA KING, a missing teen from Poway (San Diego), CA. As far as I know, joining a group does not appear on individuals news feeds, but joining a fan page does!

1) Look AT her. Look FOR her.
2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS. This is a group effort from everyone - not just those who knew Chelsea. It will only take two minutes and may save a life. Please do it.
3) SEND PRAYERS, thoughts, and love to Chelsea and her family and friends for her safe return home.
4) WRITE to news stations: local, state, and national to spread the word. (read less)
This FAN PAGE was created to help spread the word about CHELSEA KING, a missing teen from Poway (San Diego), CA. As far as I know, joining a group does not appear on individuals news feeds, but joining a fan page does!

1) Look AT her. Look FOR her.
2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS. This is a group effort from everyone - not just those who knew Chelsea. It will only take two minutes and may save a life. Please do it.
3) SEND PRAYERS, thoughts, and love to Chelsea and her family and friends for... (read more)Personal Interests:http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Search-Underway-for-Missing-Poway-Teen-85480472.html

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-photo-chelsea-king,0,3288356.photo

http://www.facebook.com/pages/HELP-FIND-CHELSEA-KING-MISSING-SAN-DIEGO-TEEN/331307387380?ref=nf&v=wall#!/pages/HELP-FIND-CHELSEA-KING-MISSING-SAN-DIEGO-TEEN/331307387380?v=wall&ref=nf

14,805 fans

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2010, 01:38:16 AM »

I should have previewed 

When I try to post, the words in the box jump around. It has done that off and on in this forum when I have tried to post.

The night before last in the news, they briefly showed a woman who said she had been attacked in the same park and I thought she said in December. She said she felt something hit the back of her head (not sure if she said she fell down or not) and the person who did it ran off because she was with her husband (I guess there must have been a gap in their pace, he being either ahead or lagging on the path, and when her husband approached the man ran off. That is all I remember hearing and she did not go into detail. The woman was not a teenager but an adult woman.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2010, 02:44:59 AM »

Possible Link to Chelsea King and Another Jogger Investigated
  Reported by: San Diego 6 News Team
Email: newstips@sandiego6.com
Last Update: 2/27 10:29 pm 

RANCHO BERNARDO -  The search for a Poway teenager who is missing  near Lake Hodges continued in Saturday's rain, as authorities investigated whether her disappearance was related to a female jogger's assault near the the park last December.

There is still no sign of missing 17-year-old Chelsea King.  More than one-thousand volunteers braved the rain and mud to help out Saturday.

Eighteen-year-old Poway High Senior Brandon Fantasia is focused.  He walked in the pouring rain through dangerous hills filled with deceptive trees that sometimes appeared to be something that they weren't, all to find fellow Poway High Senior Chelsea King.

Fantasia said, "I know Chelsea.  She was a good friend of mine.  And we all our missing her in Poway."

Brandon along with seven other volunteers searched everything in their sight.  "Just anything to show us a sign.  Anything to show us she might be there or she could've been there just anything at all,"  he said.

Now there is a Chelsea King Search Center where the heart of the volunteer effort is organized.

More than a thousand showed up Saturday to help find the Poway High straight "A" student and symphony musician. 

Fiona Obericck knows all about search efforts. She led up the search for 7-year old Danielle Van Dam in 2002. The Sabre Springs girl who was abducted from her home.

Obericck understands how much law enforcement needs the help.  "They just don't have the feet and the eyes on the ground.  This is a nice way to reinforce areas that law enforcement just can't do," she said.

Chelsea was reported missing Thursday when she didn't return home from school.

Her BMW sedan was found outside the Rancho Bernardo Community Center, where she often ran along the trails around Lake Hodges.

Deputies looked for her through the night, then were joined by officers and tracking dogs from Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange counties, along with the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department, the FBI, and San Diego police.

An FBI elite dive team will join the search Sunday along with a drone that will scour the area from the air.

Sheriff's dive teams searched the lake Saturday, as hundreds of other law officers and volunteers combed the streams and rivers feeding into the basin, said Sheriff Bill Gore.

"It's been a truly great effort by everybody, all with the same goal oftrying to return Chelsea to her family,'' Gore said.  "It's obviously the unknown that's so stressful and so traumatic in something like this.''

Gore said later in the day that searches by about 150 personnel, including detectives chasing every possible lead, will continue through the night and Sunday.

"We wouldn't be here if there wasn't a chance of finding her,'' Gores aid.  "The more we search, the more we can eliminate.''

Chelsea's parents, Brent and Kelly King, met with volunteers at the Chelsea King Search Center office at 11858 Bernardo Plaza, where so many people turned out despite chilling rain showers that some were told to go home.

"It's a reflection of who she is and what kind of person she is, ''Brent Kelly said as he and his wife stood in front of a band of volunteers.  "She's that kind of kid that everybody loves and it shows.''

Kelly King added that her heart,  "is overflowing with all the support and all this love, and there's no words for it.''

Brent King said Chelsea posted small notes with favorite inspirational sayings in her bathroom, including one from classical Roman poet Virgil,  "They can because they think they can.''

"We think we can bring her back; we'll find her,'' Brent King said.

Gore said investigators were working with San Diego police to determine whether her disappearance might be connected to a Dec, 27 assault on a woman jogging on a nearby residential development trail in the Westwood neighborhood of Rancho Bernardo. He did not offer more details on that case.

Law enforcement helicopters searched the park and lake with infrared devices, but found no trace of Chelsea, Gore said.

Investigators have seized Chelsea's cell phone, which was found in her car, and her home computer.

Chelsea is white, 5 feet 5 inches and 115 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.

She is due to graduate from Poway High School this spring, and is a member of the San Diego Youth Symphony and a straight-A student, and has served as a peer counselor at the school.

Depuites asked anyone with information on the girl's whereabouts to call the sheriff's department at (858) 565-5200.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Chelsea-King-missing-Poway-Rancho-Bernardo-jogging/zTLAKar0XUGyf78trbfHvg.cspx

Live*Learn*Love
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2010, 03:50:00 AM »

A sketch of a suspect wanted in attempted kidnap from Poway february 2009

Hello Everyone,
I haven't been on for awhile, but I remember a lot of you from the Amber Dubois case. I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but if you look at the SD sheriffs site and go to press release, the talk about a failed child abduction incident in Rancho Santa Fe I think. I believe it was only a couple days before Chelsea went missing and the sketch of the guy looks similar to the sketcher from the R.B. incident from last year. The newer sketch has a mustache but he could have grown one. I will be back in RB to help search tomorrow. If there is anything I can do to help with info since I am local, just let me know. I can get pics, etc.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2010, 04:08:44 AM »

LLL, are you listening to the scanner now?

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2010, 04:29:43 AM »

The photo for the missing person flyer was taken the day Chelsea went missing. That would be the color of her hair.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2010, 05:37:48 AM »

Good Evening Monkeys: This family is a friend of my sister's co-worker.   Obviously they are shocked and worried beyond belief. I'll certainly keep you posted of anything I find out, but any assistance you can offer would be truly appreciated.  Unfortunately I work full time during the day, but will do my best to provide updates.

I will pray for this family and for your sister's co-worker that she has just the right words to help comfort this family.  Thank you for letting us know.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. I'm not sure if this will work, but attached is a link for the local paper showing updates and a few photos from the search yesterday.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/28/massive-effort-made-to-find-girl/

Can a talented monkey fix this if I mess this up? TIA

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2010, 10:28:09 AM »

Live*Learn*Love, Godspeed for you and all of the searchers today.  I hope the rain has subsided to make it less dangerous for searching.  Praying for you all.

I realized when I started this thread that I have the name of the area spelled wrong.  It should be Rancho Bernardo.  Not sure if it matters but wanted to point it out.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2010, 10:40:23 AM »

Here is the abduction attempt from Feb 12th that Live*Learn*Love is refering to up page:

This sketch depicts a reported bold predator who has approached
three Rancho Santa Fe children and tired to lure them into his white pickup truck.

http://thecoastnews.com/view/full_story/6467049/article-Stranger-danger-in-the-Ranch?instance=coast_more_news

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.