May 17, 2024, 09:53:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #27 10/15/09 - 11/10/09  (Read 418508 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #800 on: October 19, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »

Goodnight all.  I have a severe sore throat and pounding headache.  Doesn't sound too good for me. 

Keep up the Good Fight!

Hope you feel better soon

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: October 19, 2009, 11:47:18 PM »

Goodnight all.  I have a severe sore throat and pounding headache.  Doesn't sound too good for me. 

Keep up the Good Fight!

HEy Island, I love the little "big girl panties" icon at the bottom of your page...its so cute...!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #802 on: October 19, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »

Keep up the Good Fight!

HEy Island, I love the little "big girl panties" icon at the bottom of your page...its so cute...!!

Thanks, I stole them from another monkey wonder if she knows she's missing them

I can't believe we have another missing child now in JAX......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: October 19, 2009, 11:50:56 PM »

Me either, its terrible and this one is only about 80 miles from me, I would never let my child walk anywhere alone in that neighborhood, its a bad one and she is so little, I just cant believe it....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #804 on: October 20, 2009, 12:00:10 AM »

Me either, its terrible and this one is only about 80 miles from me, I would never let my child walk anywhere alone in that neighborhood, its a bad one and she is so little, I just cant believe it....

See, I know nothing about any part of FL except where I live, and my son used to ride his skateboard to school (1/2 block) and I rode behind him........

[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2009, 01:01:51 AM »

Hi ospainter    It's good to see you again.  I thought Haleigh would be found by now.  She's been missing so long...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2009, 01:13:15 AM »

I believe the rash of illegal activity in PC has been due to Oktoberfest .
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2009, 01:50:27 AM »

I believe the rash of illegal activity in PC has been due to Oktoberfest .
From  the looks  of  some of the
 arrest records it looks like its a all year fest.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2009, 02:49:14 AM »

Hi ospainter    It's good to see you again.  I thought Haleigh would be found by now.  She's been missing so long...

Hi Muffy,

Good to see you too. I thought HaLeigh would be found also. I am losing hope though. It has been way too long.

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #809 on: October 20, 2009, 07:15:17 AM »

57 Sexual offenders in a 3 mile radius.

Thats what makes me so mad sex offenders should never be let out of jail....they more than likely will offend again according to statics....the laws are not protecting our children.
I agree, I'm all for putting them on a remote Island to fend for themselves after the first strike.......they NEVER quit offending

It is too bad that good people are so weak for the most part. If more of us stood up for the rights of kids there would be less creeps in the area. Remember when the father would take out anyone that messed with his kids?  Now we welcome them back. Hence the Cummings and Croslins of the world. Seen the movie Idiocracy - some times I do not find it so far fetched . .. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: October 20, 2009, 07:31:13 AM »

Mystery surrounding Haleigh feeds online obsession

Local stories like Haleigh's become national fixations when observers with opinions take rants to the Web.

* By Dana Treen
    * Story updated at 7:00 AM on Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2009

• haleighnewz Texas engineer Ellen Johnson created this account in support of Haleigh's mother.

hereforhaleigh A gathering spot of advocates for Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father.

camille_2010 Wisconsin mom Kathy Schmidt says family hasn't been asked tough questions.

HopeforHaleigh Recent comments defend Ronald Cummings but ask the focus be on the search.

crystal0430 The Twitter account of Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother.

artharris.com Emmy-winning journalist Art Harris reports on Haleigh, other cases.

Prayers4Haleigh With a middle of the road approach, this account tries to keep focused on the search.

haleighsside An anonymous Florida-based account supportive of Haleigh's father.

scaredmonkeys.net Crime and current events blog lists Haleigh as high-profile missing persons case.

Stephww.wordpress.com Courts and crime broadcast journalist Steph Watts covers Haleigh, other cases.

KEY Twitter account Blogger

Marie1207 Twitter account of Haleigh's grandmother and mother of Crystal Sheffield is oriented toward Scripture quotations.

The disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings eight months ago occurred about the time Ellen Johnson got Internet access at home in east Texas.

"I didn't even have a computer in my house until just before this," she said.

Now, the 46-year-old petroleum engineer has a Twitter account called haleighnewz dedicated to the case and at summer's end, was in Putnam County to help with a school supply drive for Haleigh's classmates. Johnson met Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, and grandmother Marie Griffis there. She spends hours sharing her thoughts online and probing for information about the ongoing investigation.

It is as if the Internet has removed a wall.

Johnson is not alone. In the eight months since the kindergartner disappeared from the Satsuma mobile home where she was living with a younger brother, their father and his 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, Haleigh has touched legions of hearts and spawned international attention in an online community.

Johnson says her attraction to the case is not something she understands completely. She had never posted on an online forum but is now immersed in Haleigh's story.

"You are interacting with the people themselves," she said. "There is not that distance between them and you."

Johnson said she is not married and has no children but was struck by the plight of a mother without her child.

"On some level I felt compassion for them," she said.

Steph Watts, a broadcast producer and journalist who has worked for Court TV, CNN and Fox and followed crime and justice stories, said there is a danger in becoming too close to a case. "We feel like we have permission and a right to be in their lives and we don't," he said.

Watts has a blog, Watts Up With This??? at stephww.wordpress.com that follows the Haleigh story.

"What the Internet has done is taken those local stories and made them national stories," he said.

Watts said he began writing about Haleigh in August.

"I think people are feeling they can become part of the story by weighing in," he said.

What has happened is not necessarily new, he said, and reactions from online observers are equivalent to earlier generations yelling opinions at the television.

"This is like a high-speed letter to the editor," he said.

Kathy Schmidt, 42, a mother of three in Madison, Wis., calls the case a "scattered puzzle."

Schmidt, who has a Twitter account, camille_2010, is scheduled to launch the Justice 4 Haleigh blog today with a friend she met online. It will be at justice4haleigh.wordpress.com.

Passion ebbs and flows in the forums, she said.

"Nobody is really in charge of anything," she said. "They just get a following."

Like Johnson, Schmidt said she had never been compelled by a case before Haleigh's.

"She didn't get treated right and she didn't deserve this," Schmidt said of the still-missing youngster.

She has an answer for her children, aged 10 to 14, when they ask her why she is so absorbed by a girl so far away that she never knew.

"I don't really see anybody fighting for Haleigh on either side," she tells them. "If it was you, I'd want someone fighting for you. Haleigh didn't just walk out of that trailer for the rest of her life."

It is as if these people can reach through their computer screens to ease the pain of Haleigh's family or nudge a detective's shoulder to prod them forward.

They e-mail the cops and politicians when investigations seem to sputter and urge state child safety workers to check the welfare of Haleigh's younger brother, said Chantell Wofter, 44, of Southern Ohio. She created her crwofter1 Twitter account because of the case.

"I feel close to the investigation," she said, one time even calling the FBI. "If there is a search or something is going on, I hear about it first."

Since Feb. 10, detectives and analysts have tried to crack the mysterious disappearance. They remain unconvinced that Croslin, who became Haleigh's stepmother after marrying 25-year-old Ronald Cummings in March, is telling all she knows.

But while searches, the Cummings' already dissolved marriage, standoffs by both Haleigh's parents and unrelated arrests of family members and others are strong fodder, they are not all that drives the story, said Art Harris, whose blog The Bald Truth at artharris.com gives her prominent coverage.

"There is something about Haleigh's picture," he said of the girl whose often-used image shows her with a bright smile and a pink bow in her hair.

"She is so winning," he said. "Just by looking at the pictures regardless of how you feel about her parents, she is an innocent."

Harris' posts are often biting and most likely focus on Ronald or Misty Cummings. Harris describes his coverage as "calling it the way you see it." He is regularly interviewed by cable television's Nancy Grace.

"My challenge is how do you get behind the motives and the reasons behind it," he said.

Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said bloggers Harris and Watts check information and have not caused heartburn for investigators.

"The only thing that is really discouraging is those bloggers who have bad information," he said.

Some hide behind online anonymity, he said.

"We don't know who they are. People take what these people say as gospel."

The Internet can offer a measure of secrecy but is still within the reach of the law, said Rick Karcher, a torts law professor at Florida Coastal School of Law.

Opinions are not illegal but the First Amendment does not protect against false, defamatory statements, he said.

"It's from the perspective of the reader," he said. "Would they think it is true?"

While the case has gripped a divided online following that casts public accusations about such troubled families, to Haleigh's relatives, much of the attention is a bombardment that puts them on the defensive.

"It just consumes too much of your time to continue to sit and try to keep up with who is saying what," said Griffis, who lives in Baker County. "I think they're irrelevant. Half of their information isn't true."

Now, she said, she limits her involvement to posting Scripture. Those who think they have a lead in the case need to contact detectives, she said.

"If it is someone I've become familiar with, I'll answer them, but nine out of 10 times I don't," she said.

Ronald Cummings' grandmother, Annette Sykes, lives in southern Putnam County and said her family has found support but also suffers sharply from the commentary.

"There's not much you can do," she said. "They are going to believe what they want to believe or say what they want to say."

dana.treen@jacksonville.com, (904) 359-4091
http://jacksonville.com/news/florida/2009-10-20/story/mystery_surrounding_haleigh_feeds_online_obsession

Heart
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: October 20, 2009, 07:31:34 AM »

O/T Nutt,I posted a pdf in the Ocasio thread.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: October 20, 2009, 08:09:25 AM »

Good morning Trim and All!

Heart
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: October 20, 2009, 08:16:44 AM »

Good Morning,Heart.
I'm hoping Haleigh comes home today.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: October 20, 2009, 08:24:10 AM »

Chad E and Jason McLeod is still behind bars this morning according to Putnam County Sheriff's Office jail booking log.
http://public.pcso.us/jail/booking.aspx

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #815 on: October 20, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »

Keep up the Good Fight!

I hope you feel better soon, I hope you see the doctor so it doesn't turn into something worse  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: October 20, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »

Thanks for all the updates 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: October 20, 2009, 09:46:59 AM »

Thanks for all the updates 

ditto...

good morning everyone....

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: October 20, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »

I read a comment recently that was posted on a blog that was once a popular discussion forum but has since suffered an untimely demise due to the biased moderation and lack of cognitive skills as displayed by the one and only moderator.  I was able to copy and save the post before the moderator deleted it.  The author of the post is unknown and has been banned from that blog.  Therefore, I cannot give credit to the person that found this information and wrote the post, however, I do extend my appreciation to the author for bringing this information to our attention. I have listened to the 911 call numerous times and I did not hear Misty say, “Ouch, you’re hurting me”, until I read the following post and listened to the 911 call again.
http://justice4haleigh.wordpress.com/

911 Call - HaLeigh Cummings
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/02/police_say_haleigh_cummings_di.php

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: October 20, 2009, 10:27:51 AM »

I read a comment recently that was posted on a blog that was once a popular discussion forum but has since suffered an untimely demise due to the biased moderation and lack of cognitive skills as displayed by the one and only moderator.  I was able to copy and save the post before the moderator deleted it.  The author of the post is unknown and has been banned from that blog.  Therefore, I cannot give credit to the person that found this information and wrote the post, however, I do extend my appreciation to the author for bringing this information to our attention. I have listened to the 911 call numerous times and I did not hear Misty say, “Ouch, you’re hurting me”, until I read the following post and listened to the 911 call again.
http://justice4haleigh.wordpress.com/

911 Call - HaLeigh Cummings
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/02/police_say_haleigh_cummings_di.php
Interesting, thanks 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.