May 13, 2024, 01:54:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 728303 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: November 11, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »

Skulls and Crossbones have always represented poison to me. jmo.  Not sure why we want little girls and children wearing clothes or excessories that have poison symbols on them.  Just another fad I guess.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #941 on: November 11, 2009, 02:07:08 AM »

Hello Somer Monkeys!  I am seeking your opinions of the pdf file at the below link and if you all think it might be related?  HAVE FUN!  You are gonna love this.   

http://www.folioweekly.com/documents/coverstory.pdf

This young man seems outta control.  His father seems out of control in a different way.  None of it good for the future of that town's people, young or old.   The last thing they are going to want is for people across America to be focused on them, pay attention to what's going on, while the "good ole boy" network in their area looks the other way.  Don't think for a minute that any of this is going to end here.  IMO. 

To stop this young man, to stop his father, is likely gonna take a lot of angry folks across America to stand up and say enough!   Lots of folks with the backing of someone in the position of being able to do something about it.  That person can then put the pressure on, in the right direction. 

This is the kind of thing that NG (Nancy Grace) 'used to' be counted on for going after in a heartbeat.  But now?    Plus, with her own upcoming legal stuff, she probably wouldn't touch this, due to the politics n all. 

JVM (Jane Velez Mitchell) would be a good one to try sending this info to, IMO.  If she would do a news segment on this, it would be good for getting the story out there. 

Information is power.  The powers that be, right now, can toss out letters and such and still get away with looking the other way.  They won't, however, be able to do that so easily  with a fed-up and angry America (and beyond), in their face, demanding that something be done. 

How does this connect to Somer's case?  Look outside the box for a minute.  This connects to every case where violence and abuse is involved..... When are people going to quit looking the other way, get good and mad and say, ENOUGH!  When it's brought to their attention.  When LE backs them and refuses to play ball with the 'good ole boys'.  Justice brought for the victims of violence/abuse.  And likely less children and adults going missing across America.  Awareness and prevention, that's how it connects. 

IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: November 11, 2009, 07:12:19 AM »

http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/bodycopy-29558-class-benefit.html
Benefit will help local family of girl killed in Florida
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
November 10, 2009 6:02 PM

A benefit event for the Alamance County father of a young girl slain in Florida last month will be held Sunday in Elon.

The benefit is for Sam Thompson, father of 7-year-old Somer Thompson, who was abducted during her walk home from school Oct. 19. Her body was found in a Florida landfill three days later.

The Fat Frogg and the band Something Wicked are sponsoring the afternoon benefit and information event at The Fat Frogg restaurant on West Haggard Avenue in Elon.

The event is free and open to the public and begins at 2 p.m. Donations will be accepted.

Mike Foster, a member of the band Something Wicked, said he and other friends of Sam Thompson — who grew up in Alamance County and attended Elon University — planned the event to help defray expenses related to the girl’s death. Proceeds will also go to a local children’s charity.

The Alamance County Sheriff’s Office and Elon police will be at the event giving safety information to families. The Ident-A-Kid program will also be there.
“Sammy wanted it to be a learning opportunity for the community,” Foster said. “It’s not a celebration. It’s a benefit with training and donation aspects.”

Five bands will perform, including Road Hard, Deep Creek, Something Wicked, The Hangovers and 3 Day Funk. Hursey’s Barbecue will have plates on sale. Some of the money raised from the restaurant’s sales will go to the charities.

Those who would like to donate but can’t attend the event can stop by CommunityOne Bank in Graham, at 1128 S. Main St., where an account has been set up for Thompson.

For more information about the event, contact The Fat Frogg at 584-5546.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: November 11, 2009, 07:13:55 AM »

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/stories.nsf/tvradio/story/160E8227046F6EEB8625766900606CA9?OpenDocument
TV talk shows for Nov. 12

11/11/2009
3 p.m. Dr. Phil: The disappearance of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington; the kidnapping and murder of 7-year-old Somer Thompson; spotting predators, avoiding abduction and fighting off attackers.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: November 11, 2009, 08:31:57 AM »

Diena sit down with Dr Phil

Thursday - November 12, 2009

Dr Phil

Abducted by a Predator
It seems that every day we hear stories about women and children being abducted by strangers, and oftentimes never found alive. Recent news stories include the disappearance of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who went missing during a Metallica concert, and 7-year-old Somer Thompson who was kidnapped and murdered while walking home from school. The parents of the victims speak out about their emotional struggles. Do you know the top methods predators use to lure women and children? And, are you posting information on social networking Web sites that could put you in danger? Tune in to find out legal, forensic and defense experts' advice for spotting predators, avoiding abduction and fighting off attackers.

candycane, do you have a link for this?  I don't watch Dr. Phil and don't even know what channel he is on.

thanks in advance!

http://www.drphil.com/   
then click on thrusday for the little preview

thanks cc - and to Trimm for giving the Dr. Phil info.

FatCat, I agree.  I have 2 kids (youngest is 10) and no skulls on any clothing.  I just don't get it.

That said, don't know what's going on here.  Why was Diena so quick to answer (and admit publicly) that Somer would willingly go with a stranger?

I'm sorry - don't mean to be snarky towards this mother - but what the hell?????

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: November 11, 2009, 08:35:10 AM »

Hello Somer Monkeys!  I am seeking your opinions of the pdf file at the below link and if you all think it might be related?  HAVE FUN!  You are gonna love this.   

I wasn't able to read but a few sentences - enough to get the gist.

Is this teenage boy in custody at this time or at the time of Somer's murder?  These rapes apparently took place more than a year ago.

Candice - has this been sent to the tipline?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: November 11, 2009, 10:10:54 AM »

Jill...I think that mom was just being honest about Somer going with a stranger willingly...some little kids like Somer ....no matter how many times they are warned and told and advised do not know a stranger, they still talk to everyone, trust everyone...it is frightening to say or think about...However, we have seen  training videos time and time again where children have been warned by parents not to go off looking for puppies with strangers and while the parents sit watching and horrified, the child walks off with the "stranger" who is really an actor,  to help look for the puppy with them...these strangers can be very convincing to our children...sadly so...! jmo...

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: November 11, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »

Jill...I think that mom was just being honest about Somer going with a stranger willingly...some little kids like Somer ....no matter how many times they are warned and told and advised do not know a stranger, they still talk to everyone, trust everyone...it is frightening to say or think about...However, we have seen  training videos time and time again where children have been warned by parents not to go off looking for puppies with strangers and while the parents sit watching and horrified, the child walks off with the "stranger" who is really an actor,  to help look for the puppy with them...these strangers can be very convincing to our children...sadly so...! jmo...

that is true, cookie - you are right about that.

I remember watching Oprah once and they had moms watching their children happily walking off with a stranger in the park.  Just horrible.

One thing I wonder (and maybe I'm misplacing my anger since we have no suspect yet to direct it towards) is that with the number of sex offenders living right there near the school, did the police routinely patrol the area when the kids were walking to and from school?

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: November 11, 2009, 11:20:19 AM »

that is true, cookie - you are right about that.

I remember watching Oprah once and they had moms watching their children happily walking off with a stranger in the park.  Just horrible.

One thing I wonder (and maybe I'm misplacing my anger since we have no suspect yet to direct it towards) is that with the number of sex offenders living right there near the school, did the police routinely patrol the area when the kids were walking to and from school?

good question Jill...my reply to the police patrolling the area extra would be possibly no...I suppose if there had not  been a crime committed prior that they didn't feel the need? dunno...it would have been a good idea however imo.....let the SO see the presence of police in the area...put them on alert

my suspicion is that the parents in the neighborhood had no idea of the number of sex offenders in that area before this happened with Somer...now that they are aware, perhaps the parents will be more vigilante in looking out for each others children...Too bad that sex offenders are not required to post a sign outside of their homes perhaps on the mail box warning parents and innocent children that a SO lives there....

SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #949 on: November 11, 2009, 11:23:57 AM »

I wonder if anything was ever done about this case?  For the girls' sake I hope so.  No one should ever be above the law, I would be the first to vote for any man who did not stand by his child who broke the law and who did not try to cover it up or make excuses.  Society can't get any better if we can't even keep our own LE in line.

After reading this article, I did a little search...the father lost his bid for Sherriff and in 2009 the son/perv was arrested in 2009 for battery and assault on a male subject, going to his house with full intent of doing harm...but all I found.
SloSthrnStyle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #950 on: November 11, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »

So Im asking myself ... self....what would this Folio article have to do with Somer's case....prolly nothing, but it just shows....LE could be looking for just anyone...prime example ...the perv in this story..never been arrested for his alledged crime but sure has a history.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »

Dr. Phil Talks to Parents of Missing Woman, Morgan Harrington, and Mother of Murdered Somer Thompson
“We’re becoming a family of skeletons. Morgan, are you becoming a skeleton too?” – Dr. Phil reading from the journal of Gil Harrington, mother of a young woman missing after Metallica Concert

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release) – Nov 11, 2009 – (Hollywood, CA) – They keep a heartbreaking, detailed diary of what they are feeling so that they can keep their daughter alive in their hearts, but Gil and Dan Harrington admit to Dr. Phil, in their first talk show appearance, that they are "preparing ourselves that our daughter may not have been abducted, but also murdered.”  This special episode of DR. PHIL will be broadcast Thursday, November 12 (check local listings).

Dr. Phil reads from their touching journal entries and tells the couple: “You’re in our minds and hearts and we’re going to do everything we can to keep the spotlight on this.”  Morgan Harrington was last seen nearly a month ago at a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Virginia.  She somehow ended up outside the arena during the show and after an extensive search by local authorities, very few clues to her whereabouts have turned up – except for her purse and cell phone, found in the arena parking lot.  Gil Harrington helped her daughter choose her outfit and reported that Morgan was “so excited about going [to the concert].”  With the purse left behind, Mrs. Harrington said, “No girl gives up her purse with her information, her make-up, her cell phone.  Once we had reported Morgan missing Sunday after the concert the purse quickly went from being a lost item to being evidence in a criminal case.”   

Dr. Phil (http://blog.drphil.com/) also speaks with Diena Thompson whose daughter was abducted last month and then found murdered three days later.  While the Harringtons hold out some hope that Morgan will be found alive, Thompson’s worst fears were realize last month when the body of her missing 7-year-old daughter was discovered in a Georgia landfill.  Thompson, obviously still overwhelmed with grief, pledged to “stay strong and… be a voice for other children who’ve ended up like this or who could possibly end up like this.” 

During the program Dr. Phil urged viewers with any leads regarding the whereabouts of Morgan Harrington to call the Virginia State Police at 434-352-3467.  Also, if anyone has any information on the murder of Somer Thompson, they are to call 877-227-6911. 

About The DR. PHIL Show: The syndicated series, DR. PHIL (http://facebook.com/drphilshow), was created by Harpo Productions, and is produced by Peteski Productions in association with CBS Television Distribution.  It is broadcast on over 214 stations representing 100% of the country.  Since its debut in September 2002, the series has been ranked second among all daytime talk shows and consistently ranks among the Top Ten of all syndicated strips (Source: NSS Ranking Report).
http://www.prlog.org/10410184-dr-phil-talks-to-parents-of-missing-woman-morgan-harrington-and-mother-of-murdered-somer-thompson.html

~ Peter Frampton
CandiceMonkey
Scared Monkey

Protect each other. We can all make a difference.

« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2009, 05:19:59 PM »

Wow.  We may hear about this POS in the future.  I personally think Juvie records should be open.  Let future actions or non actions speak for themselves.  Sometimes evil just is, it will not change and cannot be reabilitated and people need to see that for what it is.

As far as a connection - do you mean Sheriff Besseler's ability to find Somer's perp?  If that - than no he does not seem like one to let politics stand in the way of his job so far imo.

Google around with the father's name and a certain 4 letter law enforcement agency in the state of FL.  No, I am not indicating Besseler in any way.  Try his opponent.

"Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent." ~ Jonathan Swift
CandiceMonkey
Scared Monkey

Protect each other. We can all make a difference.

« Reply #953 on: November 11, 2009, 05:25:38 PM »

Wow.  We may hear about this POS in the future.  I personally think Juvie records should be open.  Let future actions or non actions speak for themselves.  Sometimes evil just is, it will not change and cannot be reabilitated and people need to see that for what it is.

As far as a connection - do you mean Sheriff Besseler's ability to find Somer's perp?  If that - than no he does not seem like one to let politics stand in the way of his job so far imo.

Google around with the father's name and a certain 4 letter law enforcement agency in the state of FL.  No, I am not indicating Besseler in any way.  Try his opponent.

Remember the supposed attempted abduction three days before Somer where sheriff wouldn't release the FDLE officer's name?  Could it be? and no, son (who is now legal age and seems violent to different sexes and ages of others) was not in custody at the time - per records.

"Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent." ~ Jonathan Swift
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: November 11, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »

heard on hln about a new case ... didn't catch all the details or if they plan on saying more later but ...
they are digging for glass jars with notes from child victims and one or more possible bodies buried in a yard (didn't catch the location but) they did say that the molestations/muders occurred for over 30 years and that the victims were not all local and that they spread out from all over the country. not sure if it could remotely possibly be related to somer but i do feel that her killer has killed before....
wish i had more details but it was on while i was on the phone with a client so i couldn't really pay full attention
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: November 11, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »

Dr. Phil Talks to Parents of Missing Woman, Morgan Harrington, and Mother of Murdered Somer Thompson
“We’re becoming a family of skeletons. Morgan, are you becoming a skeleton too?” – Dr. Phil reading from the journal of Gil Harrington, mother of a young woman missing after Metallica Concert

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release) – Nov 11, 2009 – (Hollywood, CA) – They keep a heartbreaking, detailed diary of what they are feeling so that they can keep their daughter alive in their hearts, but Gil and Dan Harrington admit to Dr. Phil, in their first talk show appearance, that they are "preparing ourselves that our daughter may not have been abducted, but also murdered.”  This special episode of DR. PHIL will be broadcast Thursday, November 12 (check local listings).

Dr. Phil reads from their touching journal entries and tells the couple: “You’re in our minds and hearts and we’re going to do everything we can to keep the spotlight on this.”  Morgan Harrington was last seen nearly a month ago at a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Virginia.  She somehow ended up outside the arena during the show and after an extensive search by local authorities, very few clues to her whereabouts have turned up – except for her purse and cell phone, found in the arena parking lot.  Gil Harrington helped her daughter choose her outfit and reported that Morgan was “so excited about going [to the concert].”  With the purse left behind, Mrs. Harrington said, “No girl gives up her purse with her information, her make-up, her cell phone.  Once we had reported Morgan missing Sunday after the concert the purse quickly went from being a lost item to being evidence in a criminal case.”   

Dr. Phil (http://blog.drphil.com/) also speaks with Diena Thompson whose daughter was abducted last month and then found murdered three days later.  While the Harringtons hold out some hope that Morgan will be found alive, Thompson’s worst fears were realize last month when the body of her missing 7-year-old daughter was discovered in a Georgia landfill.  Thompson, obviously still overwhelmed with grief, pledged to “stay strong and… be a voice for other children who’ve ended up like this or who could possibly end up like this.” 

During the program Dr. Phil urged viewers with any leads regarding the whereabouts of Morgan Harrington to call the Virginia State Police at 434-352-3467.  Also, if anyone has any information on the murder of Somer Thompson, they are to call 877-227-6911. 

About The DR. PHIL Show: The syndicated series, DR. PHIL (http://facebook.com/drphilshow), was created by Harpo Productions, and is produced by Peteski Productions in association with CBS Television Distribution.  It is broadcast on over 214 stations representing 100% of the country.  Since its debut in September 2002, the series has been ranked second among all daytime talk shows and consistently ranks among the Top Ten of all syndicated strips (Source: NSS Ranking Report).
http://www.prlog.org/10410184-dr-phil-talks-to-parents-of-missing-woman-morgan-harrington-and-mother-of-murdered-somer-thompson.html
can't stand dr phil so i won't watch but i feel for this family especially the mother she seems so traumatized and out of it.
i saw a couple weeks ago a show about a girl who has been missing for over 20 years and her mother said after the third year she started saying she had 3 kids instead of 4 when asked by people how many kids she had... makes you wonder when you actually get to that point of realizing that they are not coming home
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: November 11, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »

heard on hln about a new case ... didn't catch all the details or if they plan on saying more later but ...
they are digging for glass jars with notes from child victims and one or more possible bodies buried in a yard (didn't catch the location but) they did say that the molestations/muders occurred for over 30 years and that the victims were not all local and that they spread out from all over the country. not sure if it could remotely possibly be related to somer but i do feel that her killer has killed before....
wish i had more details but it was on while i was on the phone with a client so i couldn't really pay full attention

Is this the story?
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6482.0
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: November 11, 2009, 09:13:11 PM »

Is this the story?
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6482.0
yup..... sick
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: November 11, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »

twocents saw your pics, thank you
was wondering have you noticed any real new dumpsters
at the apartment complexes, while you were, out and about taking pics
ya know like one has been replaced, i know its prob hard to tell, if you
live at the complex.
since this was so fast im starting to think, maybe a cable,phone, ac/heat,
some type of repairman, that saw and took the opportunity
and i know all the people on the street that day, are doing the same as us,
racking their brains, for some tid bit, thats out of place

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: November 12, 2009, 06:58:55 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21586835/detail.html
Somer's Mom Target Of Hate Mail, Calls
Diena Thompson Tries To Bring Exposure To Daughter's Murder Case

POSTED: Wednesday, November 11, 2009
UPDATED: 6:03 am EST November 12, 2009
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Three weeks ago Wednesday the entire community was shaken when the body of 7-year-old Somer Thompson was discovered in a Georgia landfill.

Police continue to try to find out who kidnapped and killed her, having received more than 3,000 tips. Somer's mom, Diena Thompson, is trying to help investigators find her daughter's killer by bringing as much attention as possible to her family's nightmare.

But Diena has recently become the target of hate mail and hate calls.
The distressed mother told Dr. Phil in a taped interview that someone told her it's her fault Somer was killed. Diena will appear on the Dr. Phil show Thursday.

"I got from a fellow here in Florida that said I should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for child abuse and child neglect for letting her walk," Diena said.
She said she also got a letter suggesting if she hadn't let her daughter walk home from school she'd be alive.

"I've gotten terrible phone calls that I need psychological treatment," Diena said.

Somer was walking home from Grove Park Elementary School when she disappeared.

"I'm just a single mom just trying to do the right thing," Diena said. "I do feel guilty. I don't know what else to say."

She said she is now trying to just survive, being lifted by the overwhelming support of the community and devastated by hateful words from people who've never even met her.

"I feel like a robot," Diena said. "I just get up and do what I have to do, but I can't let them win. I just have to stay strong and maybe be a voice for other children who've ended up like this or who could possibly end up like this."

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.