May 17, 2024, 01:23:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 447541 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #540 on: April 16, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »

Beautiful memorial.  I couldn't help but feel sooooooooo bad for the family but especially the oldest sister, she looked so sad.  I was watching on news 10 & one of the live chat people gave a descript of Sandra's body when found I wish I hadn't read, & I hope it was sooooooooooooo not true!!!!!   God bless this family!!!

Do you happen to have a link to the article about the description.  Working today, and missed the memorial, so trying to catch up as well on the news.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: April 16, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »

I have been reading Blink's articles and they are very informative. 

I am apalled at the "church clan".  Stating after the fact that they are concerned and praying for Sandra's family.  Where were they for 10 days before Sandra was found?  Where was their concern when Madison's "best friend" was missing?  Were they ministering and consoling that family in need?  Pleeeaasssseee give me a break!

Sorry but I just had to get that out!!!!!
And who is this church clan, Fred Williams is a member, but who are the other members of the church, maybe only family members to make up the handful of church goers?

no rose colored glasses.

The church?  I believe it is a front for dispicable activities.

Question:  What church does not update their website for eight years.

Answer:  A non-fuctioning church.

IMO

Janet

+++++++

ABOUT PASTOR LANE LAWLESS
http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/Pastor1.html

SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSONS
http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/SUNDAY_SCHOOL.htm

I so agree, and if I were just driving by that church, I would think that it was abandoned. I would like to hear from the people that go to that church, we only heard from Fred Williams.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #542 on: April 16, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »

Beautiful memorial.  I couldn't help but feel sooooooooo bad for the family but especially the oldest sister, she looked so sad.  I was watching on news 10 & one of the live chat people gave a descript of Sandra's body when found I wish I hadn't read, & I hope it was sooooooooooooo not true!!!!!   God bless this family!!!

Do you happen to have a link to the article about the description.  Working today, and missed the memorial, so trying to catch up as well on the news.

there is no link that I know of. There was a live chat room on the site that was streaming to service live, a member in that room  said  someone they knew is in LE and told them a description of Sandra's body, he/she wrote that description in the chat area. I'm not sure if those chats are saved or not.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #543 on: April 16, 2009, 07:12:13 PM »

there is no link that I know of. There was a live chat room on the site that was streaming to service live, a member in that room  said  someone they knew is in LE and told them a description of Sandra's body, he/she wrote that description in the chat area. I'm not sure if those chats are saved or not.

I am sure that person is a an evil troll and knows nobody who knows nothing.

Just a troublemaker.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: April 16, 2009, 07:14:32 PM »

I saw that description too, and wish I hadn't. I hope it's not true.  The video with the music and pics of Sandra was beautiful, MH should be forced to watch that several times a day every day for the rest of her life.

I also saw that, I just didn't know what to think, I too hope it's not true. Thanks to everyone for updates and pictures. Beautiful memorial.

I wasn't on 10 live because there was a slight delay and I had it on TV. She wasn't dismembered was she? I think that would be the absolute worse.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #545 on: April 16, 2009, 07:15:22 PM »

TRACY, CA - One sad chapter in the missing person search and murder investigation of Sandra Cantu concluded Thursday with a public memorial service for the 8-year-old.

Sandra represented hope, trust, innocence and possibility, California Sen. Barbara Boxer told thousands of mourners at Tracy's West High School.

Memorial service will be posted here later Thursday afternoon.

"As we mourn her death we celebrate her life and we remember the tremendous joy she radiated when she walked into any room," Boxer said.

"I hope the Cantu family will take some small comfort in that families all across California and all across this great nation are with them in thoughts and prayers."

Sandra's body was discovered in a suitcase in an irrigation pond April 6. That was 10 days after she was reported missing from her home March 27.

Tuesday, Melissa Huckaby, a 28-year-old neighbor and Sunday school teacher was charged with Sandra's murder and rape.

"I am so glad I had the chance to know Sandra," said Cindy Thiessen, principal at Jacobson Elementary, Sandra's school. "When I think of her, I see her smiling, always."

Thiessen said the girl left a legacy for the school community, "to be smiling, wanting to help, look out for others and to be caring."

"Sandra Cantu became all of our little girl," said Tracy Police Chief Janet Thiessen.

In urging the community to continue to hold the Cantu family close, Thiessen asked mourners "to be giving of ourselves. To make all of our community safe for our children and for our families. In Sandra's memory, I ask each of you to make a commitment to reach out to your neighbors, to teach your children that danger does not always come in the form of a stranger. That we are our brother's keepers and we must be willing to give of ourselves to better our neighborhoods and to better our community. Get involved and stay involved in your children's lives and the lives of those around you."

Mourners began lining up at 6:30 Thursday morning for the memorial service.

"It was important for me to be here today because she really touched my heart," said Tonia Castro from San Jose. "From the first time I saw her on TV she was missing, she touched my heart. And it was so painful to me, you know, I was hoping they would find her alive, first and, ah, it hurts."

"Being a parent, I wouldn't want me, put me in those shoes. You know, I just feel for the family," said Todd Walker from Oakland.

Sandra's family had a private service and burial for her on Wednesday.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=57864&catid=2

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #546 on: April 16, 2009, 07:18:51 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:10:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #547 on: April 16, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »

I saw that description too, and wish I hadn't. I hope it's not true.  The video with the music and pics of Sandra was beautiful, MH should be forced to watch that several times a day every day for the rest of her life.

I also saw that, I just didn't know what to think, I too hope it's not true. Thanks to everyone for updates and pictures. Beautiful memorial.

I wasn't on 10 live because there was a slight delay and I had it on TV. She wasn't dismembered was she? I think that would be the absolute worse.

no Tracygirl they didn't say she was dismembered. FWIW I don't think the person was truthful at all.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #548 on: April 16, 2009, 07:21:42 PM »

(04-16) 16:18 PDT TRACY -- Sandra Cantu was remembered today as "Tracy's precious angel," but she may well have been everybody's little girl.
Images
Mourners stand in line beside media trucks as they wait t...Maria Chavez, center, sits between her daughters Miranda ...Daniel Cantu, center, wipes his face as he sits beside hi... View More Images
Video
View Larger Size
More Bay Area News

* CCSF settles lawsuit over leafleting rules 04.16.09
    * Judge signs off on spiffier Death Row 04.16.09
    * Kidnapped girl found safe, father arrested 04.16.09
    * Memorial under way for girl, 8, found in suitcase 04.16.09

The 8-year-old second-grader was laid to rest in a pink casket during a private burial Wednesday, but her spirit filled the gymnasium at West High School in Tracy today as thousands came to pay their respects at a memorial service.

They came to remember the brown-haired girl who loved Hannah Montana and liked to do skip and do cartwheels. They recalled the way her face brightened when she opened presents and the unbridled joy that was evident when she played on the jungle gym.

Several thousand people waited for hours before the gym opened. They came to celebrate the life of a little girl who was taken away too soon, the victim of a slaying allegedly committed by a playmate's mother. Many wept as images of Sandra were projected on a screen.

The service was laced with sadness, but a bit of humor as well.

Sandra's aunt, Angie Chavez, recalled the family's first road trip to Disneyland. Sandra would ask every 10 minutes, "Are we there yet?" Told to be patient and not to keep asking that, Sandra then switched gears by asking, "Where are we?" Chavez said, drawing laughter.

"She may have been small, but she was bigger than life," Chavez said, reading a poem. "Our sorrow and grief cuts us like a knife."

Sandra's mother, Maria Chavez, and other relatives wore shirts with the girl's face on them. Her father, Daniel Cantu, wore a shirt with her photo and the words, "You are free," "Daddy's angel" and "I love you."

Speakers gave gentle reminders to parents to take time to hug their children, to cherish the time they have with them. Tracy Police Chief Janet Thiessen said that what happened to Sandra underscored the reality that sometimes, danger doesn't come in the form of a stranger.

"What is it about children?" asked Sen. Barbara Boxer. "They represent our hopes, they represent trust, they represent innocence and they represent possibility. They represent the best within each of us."

Boxer said a crime against a child was a "crime against our own humanity. There can be no explanation. There can be no rationalization."

State Attorney General Jerry Brown said, "When a child dies, at any time, under any circumstances, what horror, what can we take from it?"

There was no mention of 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby, the Sunday school teacher and neighbor charged with murder, rape and kidnapping in Sandra's slaying.

The girl was last seen skipping near her home at the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park in Tracy on March 27. Her body was found in a suitcase April 6 by farmworkers draining an irrigation pond 2 miles from the mobile home park.

Tracy Mayor Brent Ives said the community has united in grief, even as residents were "keenly aware of the evil in the world."

City Councilman Steve Abercrombie, a former police officer, said many people had one simple question: "Why?" Abercrombie's voice broke as he said, "Unfortunately, there is no answer to the question, 'Why.' I wish I could explain to people why evil things happen to innocent people. I didn't understand it when I was a police officer."

He paused to control his emotion. "As a father of four children, I still don't understand."

After the gym filled to its capacity of 2,600, 350 people took seats in the next-door cafeteria to watch the service on a video screen and another 350 took seats in metal bleachers alongside the football field outside to listen on speakers. The crowd ran the gamut of mothers, fathers, teenagers, local folk, out-of-towners - and more than 200 mostly heavily tattooed bikers.

Fully decked out in riding leathers and colors, the motorcyclists came from about a dozen clubs including the Hells Angels, the Vikings of Hayward, the Bay Riders of San Francisco, the Henchmen and the Knuckleheads.

"Just because we ride two wheels and wear a patch doesn't mean we don't care," said Paul Basurto of Tracy, the "Top Hatters" bike club logo stitched across his jacket.

A big, beefy guy with a flat-top haircut, his face was somber. "My son was a classmate of Sandra's. We care a lot," Basurto said.

Julio Vasquez, 15, of Tracy said he knew a lot of friends who came to the memorial. Tracy's schools are on spring break.

"We were praying every day, and everyone thought that Sandra would come home OK," Julio said, waiting in line with his family. "That didn't happen. But she's still in our hearts."

As the Brad Paisley song "When I Get Where I'm Going" played over the speakers, one woman staggered out of the cafeteria and collapsed onto the pavement, sobbing. She lay there for several minutes, crying and calling out Sandra's name, until paramedics fetched a family member and led her away. She was not related to the family.

Mike Mayfield, 50, of Tracy sat stone-faced in his black motorcycle jacket and leather leggings while tears slid down his cheeks during the ceremony.

"My daughter knew Sandra, and we just love her," he said. "I had to be here today. It could have been my daughter, my grandchild, any one of our children."

Mayfield came with his "Riding for the Son" Christian biker club. "I don't know how a mother could have done this, but I do know Satan was involved," he said.

Diana Lopez of Livermore clutched her two young daughters close in the cafeteria, wept and stared at the ceiling as a slide show of Sandra rolled across a screen.

Lopez said that as soon as she heard of Sandra's death, she enrolled daughters Angelica, 6, and Isabella, 5, in karate classes.

"I'm not sure what my kids will learn from this," she said, waving a hand around the crowd. "But I do know this: I make it a point to know all my neighbors, and my girls always have to tell me where they are."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/16/BALS173KN4.DTL&tsp=1

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #549 on: April 16, 2009, 07:25:37 PM »

Video of Sandra's aunt reading he poem.

http://www.kcra.com/video/19202062/index.html

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #550 on: April 16, 2009, 07:34:17 PM »

yes yes and yes...the only and best thing you can do is write your state delagates, senators and beat on them to get rid of the junk and haul these guys to prison.  In my world a few public hangings would be sufficent but that's just a evil dream I have.  So just write write write and bug the crap out of them.  It's interesting the form letters I get back as tho they took the time to sit down and write to me all year long.  I used to save them....ha ha.  This writing does work believe it or not and as we are on the computer alot it's not a big deal. 

FCL, just wanted to repost this, as it bears repeating. 

I'm wondering if we can start a separate thread in Sandra's section and we can all put together a list of public officials to whom we all need to write, along with addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. It would be very simple for all of us to start a campaign to MAKE PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN A PRIORITY!

Klaas, can we do that?
That's a great idea, and thanks Klaas for starting a thread.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #551 on: April 16, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »

yes yes and yes...the only and best thing you can do is write your state delagates, senators and beat on them to get rid of the junk and haul these guys to prison.  In my world a few public hangings would be sufficent but that's just a evil dream I have.  So just write write write and bug the crap out of them.  It's interesting the form letters I get back as tho they took the time to sit down and write to me all year long.  I used to save them....ha ha.  This writing does work believe it or not and as we are on the computer alot it's not a big deal. 

I'm wondering if we can start a separate thread in Sandra's section and we can all put together a list of public officials to whom we all need to write, along with addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. It would be very simple for all of us to start a campaign to MAKE PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN A PRIORITY!

Klaas, can we do that?
That's a great idea, and thanks Klaas for starting a thread.

I just wanted to ask if people who have time could pop into that thread and add any info on the public officials in their area.  That would be great.  I think we need to do this for every state we can, not just California. 

Maybe in the letters and emails we send, we should include the names of some kids in that state who have been abused, abducted and/or murdered.  They need to be reminded that these awful things have occured and will occur again in that particular state.  This can't be viewed as "someone else's problem".

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: April 16, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »

Klaas, can we do that?

Flossy Great Idea than I won't be alone in bugging our gov't employee's that we all pay to work for us!  I added links for the US Senate and the USA.gov website link between these 2 sites they will give contact information for all the states and all representatives.  Everyone should be covered.  So we can get to writing. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #553 on: April 16, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »

Does anyone know the exact day Melissa Huckaby went into the hospital, I have she was there for 5 days and discharged Thursday 04/09/2009 so that would make her admitted on 04/05/2009 - Sunday.  Does anyone know if that is the right week? Or was it the previous wk?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: April 16, 2009, 08:14:18 PM »

This is a great idea, since Barbara Boxer, and Jerry Brown were at the memorial, I'm sure they will be interested in hearing from us, and I thought Diane Feinstein would be another one that would listen. Nancy Pelosi I guess also.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: April 16, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »

Does anyone know the exact day Melissa Huckaby went into the hospital, I have she was there for 5 days and discharged Thursday 04/09/2009 so that would make her admitted on 04/05/2009 - Sunday.  Does anyone know if that is the right week? Or was it the previous wk?
I thought it was the Monday, Sandra's body was found.
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #556 on: April 16, 2009, 08:23:38 PM »

For anyone who missed the memorial service from today News 10 has their video up:

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?aid=73164

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: April 16, 2009, 08:23:43 PM »

I thought it was the Monday, Sandra's body was found.

So I am a week off?  She was found on the 6th so Melissa went in the hospital on 29th thru discharge on April 2nd.  Ok so Sandra went missing on the 27th officially at 8pm and Melissa attempted suicide on Sunday the 29th?  Thank you.
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #558 on: April 16, 2009, 08:38:43 PM »

For anyone who missed the memorial service from today News 10 has their video up:

Thanks Maven - I couldn't get it from work.  I am speechless

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: April 16, 2009, 09:11:52 PM »

Thank you Maven.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.