May 14, 2024, 06:13:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 171949 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #500 on: January 14, 2011, 01:48:43 PM »

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23345

UPDATE

Dunn, Texas – There is some promising news in the ongoing search for missing teenager Hailey Dunn.
We have been in contact with several searchers who have returned to the field where bones were found late Thursday night.
They tell us they did find several bones, but they confirm to us that they were animal bones. [snip]
Is the promising news the bones are animal bones, or is there other promising news? Obviously that is great the bones aren't human.

NoRose

I have no more information on the bones, sorry.  A poster on IS (yesterday) questioned if SE had access to a barrel, since
he worked at the oil company?  I heard nothing pertaining to any barrel, she had a clever thought.

Boyfriend Now Considered Suspect in Hailey's Disappearance
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331537

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed to KTAB News that the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother is now considered a suspect in her disappearance.

Shawn Adkins has not been arrested or taken into custody.

"I would consider him a suspect," said Kampfer. "I would say he's at the top of the pyramid."

Are there many POI on the pyramid?  Someone must be talking, I hope it is the cuz.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: January 14, 2011, 01:49:21 PM »

Wonder what elevated Shawn up to Suspect this morning from POI? 
I wonder also.   6 3M Trace Evidence Collection Filters with trace evidence from vehicle. -Misc. papers -1 Sterile Sheet with debris from trunk of vehicle.     Does anyone know what those items are?  A sterile sheet, like a bedsheet?

Northern Rose, a sterile sheet is like something in a doctor's office. Think of a gyno appt. The lay it over the bed and throw it away after the patient gets up. They come in various sizes & thicknesses. They also come as a thin plastic to use as a drape or cover during operations. This is why I asked for the manufacturer #.

The 6 3M collection filters are something that the forensic team brings in. They use a vacuum type device with these filters to collect even the tiniest particles of trace evidence...ie microscopic carpet fibers, skin, old blood that may have been cleaned up, etc.

I think you meant No Rose 

I'm sorry...My eyes are crossing from being on here all day!!! Thank you.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #502 on: January 14, 2011, 01:52:12 PM »

Thanks seahorse
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: January 14, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »

A possibility about the sterile pad in the trunk of the car...  I wonder if Billie had a sterile pad in her car simply to have it as a  trunk liner or if she's had a lot of car trouble, maybe one of the pads was left in there from when Shawn or someone else worked on the car.   I've known folks that had pads from either a sick family member or had access to them from their jobs, and they used the pads even for housebreaking their dogs instead of buying the ones designed for it. 

As far as having electrical tape in the trunk, I don't see that as such a big deal.  My husband has a roll in his car trunk, and a roll in the truck. Having 2 rolls?  Not a big deal either imo. There's a roll of duct tape in the car trunk too, which can be handy if you blow a hose, I'm told.  Just thoughts...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: January 14, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »

A possibility about the sterile pad in the trunk of the car...  I wonder if Billie had a sterile pad in her car simply to have it as a  trunk liner or if she's had a lot of car trouble, maybe one of the pads was left in there from when Shawn or someone else worked on the car.   I've known folks that had pads from either a sick family member or had access to them from their jobs, and they used the pads even for housebreaking their dogs instead of buying the ones designed for it. 

As far as having electrical tape in the trunk, I don't see that as such a big deal.  My husband has a roll in his car trunk, and a roll in the truck. Having 2 rolls?  Not a big deal either imo. There's a roll of duct tape in the car trunk too, which can be handy if you blow a hose, I'm told.  Just thoughts...

I agree..When my gran died I figured they charged him for the full pack of those sheets so I took them home and used them for tons of stuff. Also God is the only one who knows the junk I have in my car..ugh..what a forensics hell that would be. I might have 3 rolls of tape in there!!

Not giving doucheydude a pass..but just sayin...
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: January 14, 2011, 02:49:29 PM »

I agree..When my gran died I figured they charged him for the full pack of those sheets so I took them home and used them for tons of stuff. Also God is the only one who knows the junk I have in my car..ugh..what a forensics hell that would be. I might have 3 rolls of tape in there!!

gosh you guys are good. never even thought of that. i don't have any tape in my trunk...at all. i guess i should put some in my road side kit! i was so thrown off by the sterile sheet.

i still think it's weird they'd use it for evidence without a body or something. Usually that would be used in a rape case, such as the victim standing on it to drop her panties so as not to lose any trace evidence. it would be used to catch anything that falls. i'm just thrown off. tunnel vision or something...
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #506 on: January 14, 2011, 02:54:05 PM »

gosh you guys are good. never even thought of that. i don't have any tape in my trunk...at all. i guess i should put some in my road side kit! i was so thrown off by the sterile sheet.

i still think it's weird they'd use it for evidence without a body or something. Usually that would be used in a rape case, such as the victim standing on it to drop her panties so as not to lose any trace evidence. it would be used to catch anything that falls. i'm just thrown off. tunnel vision or something...

I should be working..but...how would they know it was sterile versus just a sheet in the trunk? I'm thinking it was le's and they used it to collect somehow??

Weird.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: January 14, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/cadaver-dogs-lead-investigators-abilene-dump

Cadaver dogs lead investigators to Abilene dump

By Staff
Posted January 14, 2011 - 1:11pm

The Colorado City Record has learned that cadaver dogs have hit on an area in an Abilene dump where Colorado City's garbage has previously been discarded. Trash, picked up during the time that Hailey Dunn has been missing, was confirmed to have been dumped in that area by the trash service.

Investigators in the missing girl's case will begin an excavation of the site immediately.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: January 14, 2011, 03:03:28 PM »

Oh no.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: January 14, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »

Cadaver Dogs Searching Abilene Landfill For Hailey Dunn

Search authorities are using cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to search Abilene's landfill north of town Friday in its ongoing search for missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.

A number of search personnel could be seen moving about at the landfill via the KTXS tower camera, also located on the northern edge of Abilene.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed to KTXS News that cadaver dogs for the TDCJ were being used.

He also confirmed that this was not the first search of an area landfill. Searchers have also gone through the Colorado City landfill as well as others – as part of their ongoing search for Hailey.

Shawn Adkins, former live-in boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, is the only named suspect in the case, which has now been declared almost completely a criminal investigation – rather than a missing person's case as it was previously termed by law enforcement authorities.

Hailey Dunn, 13-year-old eighth-grader, has been missing since Dec. 27.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26496786/detail.html
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: January 14, 2011, 03:04:22 PM »

I should be working..but...how would they know it was sterile versus just a sheet in the trunk? I'm thinking it was le's and they used it to collect somehow??

Weird.

yeah, i think you're right. my mind went to sterile hospital sheets that come in plastic. i was wondering why she'd have one in her trunk. it would have had to be in plastic in order to be sterile. it had to be le's used in forensics for evidence collection. i think you guys are right. thanks.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: January 14, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »

KTXS Towercam link
http://www.ktxs.com/wxmap/25387524/detail.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #512 on: January 14, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/cadaver-dogs-lead-investigators-abilene-dump

By Staff

The Colorado City Record has learned that cadaver dogs have hit on an area in an Abilene dump where Colorado City's garbage has previously been discarded. Trash, picked up during the time that Hailey Dunn has been missing, was confirmed to have been dumped in that area by the trash service.

Investigators in the missing girl's case will begin an excavation of the site immediately.

Oh no 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: January 14, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »

By Staff

Dam it, that was my fear from the getgo...straight from that house to the dump.  Prayers lifted for Hailey  an angelic monkey   Billie, I will shed not one tear for you, you lousy lying lowlife mother....call it like I see it.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: January 14, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »

Is that the garbage dump? Fuzzy picture.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: January 14, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »

Dogs Searching Abilene Landfill for Evidence in Dunn Case

Law enforcement is now searching landfills across the Big Country, including one in Abilene, for any evidence in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
Sgt. Craig Jordan, with the Abilene Police Department, says officers and forensic investigators are currently searching Allied Waste Services in connecting with the Dunn case. Jordan would not elaborate.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer said cadaver dogs were believed to be on site.

Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean says many landfills in the vacinity of Colorado City have already been searched. Dean said searches of this nature are not uncommon in missing persons cases that may involve criminal activity.

An officer with the Abilene Police Department's Criminal Investigation Division was seen leaving Allied Waste Services Friday afternoon. When asked for a comment about why he was there, the officer told KTAB News all questions must be referred to Sparky Dean.

Earlier today, bigcountryhomepage.com spoke with someone at Abilene Environmental Landfill who said law enforcement contacted them and determined a search of their facility wasn't applicable. The person we spoke with said he believed a search was happening at Allied Waste.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331547
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: January 14, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »

I think it is based on the article saying

"A number of search personnel could be seen moving about at the landfill via the KTXS tower camera, also located on the northern edge of Abilene."

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: January 14, 2011, 03:12:36 PM »

I said yesterday he may have removed to battery from his telephone and could have gone off in an entirely different direction than Snyder or Big Springs. If this is true, that is just what he did. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: January 14, 2011, 03:14:10 PM »

Looks like it, not real time & wont reload unless the picture changes

FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #519 on: January 14, 2011, 03:18:41 PM »

I said yesterday he may have removed to battery from his telephone and could have gone off in an entirely different direction than Snyder or Big Springs. If this is true, that is just what he did. 

By the look of his idiotic and disturbing internet pics and crud..I seriously doubt the dude is that smart.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.