May 21, 2024, 11:00:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DAILY PRAYERS NEEDED FOR NONESUCHE'S HUSBAND  (Read 49403 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
None

My strongest prayers have been for a miracle because I know they are possible.  I've seen two that happened for no medical reason .... the only reason was strong prayer and faith.  If that is not possible, I wish and pray for all of you to have moments of joy, peace and happiness every day.... to lighten your burden.

Thank you Buckeye, what a special sentiment and thank you for reminding us of the importance of faith in prayer and miracles.

I continue to stand with the girl.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2006, 10:07:49 PM »

None, you will forever be the daisy lady in my mind and heart.  Here are some beautiful daisies for you and Mr. None.  God loves you, this I know.  Miracles happen.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2006, 10:11:45 PM »

Trying this one more time.  Daisies for you and Mr. None.  You'll always be my daisy lady.   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2006, 10:16:48 PM »

None, I will continue to bombard heaven with prayers for you, DH & your family. I pray God has opened a door through Peaches. Miracles do happen!!! Bless you all & my love is with you.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2006, 11:06:17 PM »

None
I love you.  You know I don't need to say anything else.  Just that I love you and your family.  You are always at the top of my prayer list.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2006, 12:50:19 AM »

None, thank you for taking the time to warn us about the risk of melanoma.  We never know what God has in store for us.  May God sustain your family as you travel on this troublesome journey.  I'll keep sending prayers up for that miracle to happen for y'all. {{{hugs}}}
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2006, 12:52:21 AM »

None, just that you would take the time to warn others of the dangers you and your loved ones have faced, speaks volumes. Many of us know that but it has such great meaning and impact when it comes from someone who "has been there."  You know so close up and personally of the inherent dangers of all those things you list.

You areo so caring to think of others in this way.  You and Mr. None are very special people who have captured our hearts and our make us a little better than we are through having known you this way and at this time.  Difficult circumstances can bring out the best and the worst and I think with this group who has Natalee's and her family's best interests at heart, we have yours too and we have through Natale bonded with you and your family in such a special way.

Never question miracles.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2006, 08:54:53 AM »

Dear nonesuche:

Ihave been trying for several days to find the right words to say to you.  The right poem or scripture, but nothing seems to sound right.  Please know that you, hubby, and your family are always in my prayers.  I continue to pray for a miricle for your family.

I know just having you by his side gives your husband great comfort.  Maybe not only did God send him to you for wonderful memories, but so that he would not be alone in his struggle.  God Bless You.

And thank you for sharing the dangers of the sun and chemicals.  I had my son and daughter read your post.  My daughter has spent way too much time in those tanning beds, and this has been a real eyeopener for her.  After she read your post she said maybe being nice and tan wasn't such a big deal.  You have touched lives and I am thankful for you.

If I can help you in any way please let me know.  My time is pretty free now, and I would come.  Yes I would.

Love;

snoopy
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2006, 12:22:31 PM »

Oh None I have no words to express how I feel. I do pray you get that miracle. I do believe in miracles after my own bout with cancer. I know that the radiation and chemo helped but I also believe God did his part as well.

Thank you for sharing about the dangers of  chemicals and tanning and Melanoma. We all needed that reminder. Tell your Hubby how much we appreciate his service to our country.

I hope that having your Mom with you will give you some much needed rest. Again my prayers are with you.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »

None - Even tho I don't post here anymore, I have been checking in to see how the Monkeys are doing.  Your situation has really touched me, but what brings tears to my eyes is your graciousness towards and caring for others in such a difficult time.  As another Monkey said, you will always be the Daisy Lady to me too...and I hope for a miracle for you and your family.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 02:33:29 PM »

And breathe............just breathe.........

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 05:45:57 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Klaasend, FlyingMermaid, Angie, Peaches, San, tcumom, Frijole, cp405, Mrs Red, Sharon, MAca, MeMere, Leslie, Sunfreak2, Crazybabyborg, thecuz, Tesslacoyle, Sam, AZLady, Mishy, tylergal, Ono, Jerry from Ohio, sirensong, 2NJSons_Mom, Appeals, Tidycat, LouiseVargas, SandyLeiva, Justinsmamma, Kimmy53, Starr, Dihannah1, BTGirl, MissinNat.....what a wonderful list of caring and compassionate monkey souls?????

THANK YOU, thank you ever so much for making time in your days and your lives to care and to pray for us. All of you are so kind, and it's so special to sign on in a low moment, to see all of your hopeful messages. It helps, please know indeed it helps to sustain us.

Some of you have asked for an update, so tonight I will share what we have for now. After 50+ radiation treatments and six weeks of intensive chemo, unfortunately his melanoma tumors have not responded well - this means they are not reducing or dissipating. Today we made the decision to pursue some alternative treatment, for traditional treatments have not worked. It is a long shot but thanks to Peaches, we have a resource we would like to pursue at this time.

The reason this cancer has been so 'virulent' as his oncologist described it, was likely due to environmental and also vaccine impacts to his system during the Gulf War. So as we look to the conflict enlarging in the middle east currently, please remember all of the risks our servicemen and woman are agreeing to take. Some are known, others are unknown, such as the early anthrax and nerve gas vaccines. Increasingly the link between melanoma growth and suppressed immune systems is significant.

Since we are truly in the heat of summer I would ask something of each of you. As a family we have learned so much, about the risks of this disease and also possible and confirmed carcinogens. Protect your family, please share the following cautions with anyone you love:

** Use any form of a tanning bed EVER
** Avoid sun exposure in the heat of the day, 10am thru 4pm, at all costs. If you must be outdoors then please, please know a heavy-duty sunscreen and clothing and hat will protect you somewhat from the UV rays but you are still clearly at greater risk.
** Melanoma is now the fastest growing cancer in the US, due to environmental hazards such as tanning beds and also our ozone erosion.
** If you have fair skin and fair or red hair, your risk is five times larger for developing melanoma.
** If you have "celtic" ancestry, even once removed, your risk is increased by 75%
** Sunscreens are rated by numbers, say 15 to 40, in terms of how LONG THEY LAST, NOT HOW STRONG THEY ARE. So keep that in mind, keep applying them, the higher the number the less often you must apply.
** Take no risks with your immune system. If you work around known carcinogens or even come into contact often with chemicals like pesticides, cleaning fluids, or even clorox - change your lifestyle or your job or your cleaning habits. All erode your immune system.

I apologize for the length of this, but as you have demonstrated your care for our family, I want you each to be protected. There is no cure for melanoma once it invades your organs or your immune system, one can only buy time and traditional therapies only work for 20% of all stage IV patients.

We are coping and we are a loving family, we know God must have a plan and are keeping our faith that despite the recent news, there is always room for a miracle. So we pray for a miracle and try to make each day count.

God Bless each of you. We appreciate you and we value you. Thank you.

NONE...you know you and Mr. NONE are in my thoughtss and prayers daily....Thanks to Peaches for her new information re: the alternative medicine...and thank you NONE for taking the time to remind all of us to take care of ourselves.....you are a blessing.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 08:42:54 PM »

Dear Nonesuche, DH, and family,

None - words can not express all of my feelings.  I am so sorry that you are going through this, especially after all the support and comfort you have provided to many monkeys.

I was amazed when reading the previous posts in this thread that, even though you are going through a difficult time yourself, you took time out to provide information to others on the risks, etc. of melanoma.

You are so right - think of the support base that has been built here because of Natalee.

Many hugs and prayers to you, DH and your family.  

Sleuth

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 10:45:12 PM »

Nonsuche I don't know that much about cancer and all the complications and hard-core facts. I just know that we are all just a pawn in the game of life.  Sometimes we are swept into this game and we become part of this game and hopefully your husband and you will be able to smile at this part of the game and will see it from a distant, ghost-like memory..  I have nothing to offer except if your husband and you need someone to talk to, you have my email and phone number, just call.. When I think of you and your husband, I too think of daisies..  This weekend I will try to take some pictures of catching some fish if not then just fishing and hopefully that will make Mr. Nonsuche smile..  I think I might even have an old Jimmy Buffett's hat..  My other friend just bought a boat and I haven't been out with him yet but he keeps asking..

http://www.bethmann.net/nick/digPics/2006/06MayBoat/

and my other friend that I usually go out with..

www.decastri.com

Hopefully they will make both of you smile.. Ted is kinda strange, he just bought a little motorcycle for his wife, and she really can't drive a car and now a motorcycle..  Well I will have him take some pictures and post for you and your husband can enjoy..

td
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2006, 12:54:50 AM »

Nonesuche,

A daisy a day...saved it... been through similar but cannot compare...in my prayers, daily.  My hand is still reaching out if you need to grab hold.

http://www.homestead.com/deeopus/daisyaday.html

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2006, 02:35:27 AM »

AZLady, Yapperz1, Lala's Mom, Sunfreak2, tyler, snoopy, Sam, AnnieMW1 <we miss you>, Jacq, SunnyinTX, Sleuth, terryd270, 2NJSons_Mom......bless each of you.

I signed on tonight and continue to be so touched by the wealth of caring and lovely posts by so many of you. I can't tell you how much it means and also how caring and supportive the community of SM really is. It is so touching to me.

I thought I would share something which has been on my mind of late, that I think has held many lessons for our family, and heartens me now in some respects. Three years ago this fall, our son moved to a new school with a scholarship in another state for high school. It was a great chance for him to receive some exceptional educational opportunities along with a school that had the goal to make the state finals with football as well. So as much as we missed him, we wanted him to have the best education possible.

The parents at this school were a bonus, we met so many interesting and delightful families from across the US. One was a single mother, like myself at that time, whose son became a dear friend of our son's. Her name was Jan, one of those people who lights up a room, you gravitate to her happy and engaging nature. Soon she was the team photographer, chanting to the boys, always greeting everyone with big hugs and the team cheer. She was from a wealthy family too, you would never have known, in that she was so gracious and generous and kind. We began speaking by phone and email, she flew in each Friday for the game with her younger son, and our friendship was so special to me. She was special to me, just a joyful person to be around. She was lovely too, so pretty and young and slim, only 43 years old.

Soon we began meeting for coffee before the games, even staying at the same hotel if away games, just great mom buddies. The team did so well too, after not making the state finals in 20 years, suddenly we were in contention and in the semi-final. I knew she was driving in and what time to expect her, and I waited in the parking lot looking for her, then began to worry as kick-off approached. So I called her cell phone, her younger son answered in tears, then another mature male took the phone to speak to me. She had checked into her motel the night before, had some chest pains so had called her doctor in TX, then laid down to go to sleep. The next morning she still felt some pains but got into her rental car with her son, to head to the game, they were about an hour away. En route Jan had a sudden heart attack, pulled over as the event began, and passed away within moments. I left to retrieve her son, he was in the care of the police and with her family in TX and Seattle, he needed arms around him until family arrived.

Her older son left our school in the spring, he needed to be close to his younger brother, but we all stayed in touch. What is remarkable is he played in that semi-final that day, it was his decision upon hearing the news, and the team cried with him in prayer for her and then won that game. To this day we remain close and in touch, how such a young man could find the courage to continue on as he did, is quite remarkable. The love between he and his brother is such a shining example too. As horrible as this tragedy was for them, they found their way through it with love and support for one another, and great kindness to those who supported them.

Jan left such a mark on me. I actually made a recording of her voicemail message to keep forever, along with her emails. I miss her, I will always miss her, she was such a positive force in my life in the short time I knew her.

This week we continue to pursue alternatives for we must, giving up isn't an option but even if our miracle doesn't arrive we have been fortunate. Like Jan's wee family, we are surrounded by love for one another, which never falters. We have had warning she never had, the time to adjust our priorities and make each day meaningful in new ways. We have a chance to make this challenge in our life a learning and sustaining experience however painful, for our children. We can teach them how to endure and what love looks and feels like, in the face of adversity.

Jan deserved all of those same options, her sons did as well, unfortunately it simply did not happen that way. Natalee Holloway's family, any family deserves those options. Ultimately my message is to love your families to distraction, know that none of us is promised anymore than the day we live today, and that angels are everywhere as are inspiring people such as Jan's young sons or Natalee's family or countless others we post about in the missing persons thread or on the lively. We only have to look around us to see them.

Angels are everywhere as the monkeys prove to me daily. With great affection, thank you for sustaining my faith in the importance of humanity and compassion.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2006, 02:54:16 AM »

None, that is such a wonderful story and a wonderful person you knew and I am sure the feeling was mutual.  She would be extremely proud of the way you are handling this with such grace, dignity and tenacity.  We are all proud of you and what you represent, the way you have always been here for Natalee and the Monkey Family.  

We try so hard to tell you what we want you to hear and how we feel what you are going through but our words just fall short of what we all want to say, but I think you said it quite well.  

Lovingly,
Your Monkey Friend.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2006, 02:58:43 AM »

None, I am crying as I read this!  What a wonderful person Jan was as are you!
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2006, 08:45:26 AM »

Nonesuche --

Your continued grace is inspiring.

You did not ask for any of this. Nor did your family. Neither did Jan. Yet you do not dwell on the parts that you cannot have any control over.

Instead -- you look at each experience in terms of the lessons learned and the lessons you can share. Always thinking of someone else and how you can help, rather than 'why me'.

Always seeking the 'plan B' or 'C'. Things to be done -- to be researched -- calls to make -- appointments to keep.

A true role model -- although you did not seek it.

I pray for your continued strength.

I pray for that miracle.

The love that you and your DH and family share is already a miracle. I wish for so many more miracles for you and your family. You are a very special person -- to touch so many hearts.

sharon

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 09:19:27 AM »

I wish I had the eloquence to express my many thoughts to you None... but again, just know that you are lifted up daily in our prayers!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.