May 04, 2024, 11:17:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #809 3/19/09 - 3/21/09  (Read 215272 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: March 20, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »

OMG  Soembody  please give me a quick update!!!  I just got here.  Is this true?  Are they going to give Natalee Back?  TIA

Don't get your hopes up.  It appears they are going to search that Moko that the witness talked about.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: March 20, 2009, 09:53:16 PM »

A sort of update:

Excerpt:

Dave Holloway did not immediately return a message seeking comment. His attorney, Vinda de Sousa, told The Associated Press he insisted on another search of the reservoir after a witness who identified it as a possible location passed a lie detector test in the U.S.

De Sousa said she does not know how long the dog and its handler will remain on the island, nor how much Holloway is paying for the search. She added that the search had been planned for some time.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509967,00.html

So apparently Dave did either authorize or is paying for this search.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #542 on: March 20, 2009, 09:54:54 PM »

Ok thank you Anna and Klaas.  I just can't help but get excited when there is any news of Natalee.  That child needs to be home.  Aruba could make that happen.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: March 20, 2009, 09:56:21 PM »

Hi Anidac and Scandi!

http://www.necn.com/Boston/World/2009/03/20/Mass-investigator-leads-new/1237598894.html

min 29 sec ago
Mass. investigator leads new search for Natalee Holloway

Play video

(NECN:Josh Brogadir) - It's been close to four years since Natalee Holloway went missing on a high school graduation trip to Aruba. But private investigator Fred Golba of Chicopee, Massachusetts is not giving up hope her body will be found.

Golba is the owner of Coast to Coast Canine Services, an investigator who has located hundreds of missing people over the years. Golba was hired by Dave Holloway, Natalee's father, to go down and search for her.

So why the renewed faith after the passage of time and exhaustive searches of the island? A pond, located about a mile from the Holiday Inn where Natalee was last seen alive, may hold more than a clue. It may even hold the answer for investigators.

That claim comes from new information from a witness, who never came forward, supposedly because he thought everyone was being arrested. Joran Van Der Sloot, a Dutch citizen, was arrested by authorities - twice.

He was later released twice for lack of evidence. .

Golba says this witness says he saw Van Der Sloot coming out of the pond with only one sneaker on - and that the witness has passed a polygraph test from the FBI.

Golba is not in Aruba alone. His dog Rhino is with him. Rhino has found 38 bodies over the years, and will now try to find a 39th.

Oh, my!

So NOW the witness saw Joran coming out of the pond?  This is not what he told Mos.  Twice.  That was why Mos did not care to search the storm sewer drainage because there was nothing the witness said that tied Joran directly to it, just that he was wet which could have happened anywhere.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: March 20, 2009, 09:56:34 PM »

We have already seen pics of the pond completely drained and bricks of mud removed  --- if she was ever there, she isn't anymore!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: March 20, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »

We have already seen pics of the pond completely drained and bricks of mud removed  --- if she was ever there, she isn't anymore!

The pond just dried up as it does during dry season and was not ever drained. 

And yes, you are correct.  There was nothing there.  It was searched by private efforts looking for Jose Tromp as well.  And Kyle said right after the sonar scans of it that there was nothing of interest in the pond at all.

So what are we missing here?  I wonder why Dave would do this but suppose it is just for his own peace of mind.  I do hope if he has been given wrong information that those responsible for all this are deeply ashamed.

Makes me feel sick at my stomach to think about this family being jerked around by people playing games.  Again.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: March 20, 2009, 10:00:45 PM »

Wreck, refresh my memory.  How long ago were those photos posted and this whole witness thing first discussed.  A year ago? Thanks in advance.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: March 20, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »

It occurs to me that IF this story is true....that is a big IF,
that maybe Aruba has planted the remains from the trap/cage and
they are trying to make it appear as though it is a new discovery.

I agree.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: March 20, 2009, 10:01:38 PM »

I wonder why Goldba instead of somebody from TES.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: March 20, 2009, 10:02:24 PM »

Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, said she was not aware of the development and declined further comment.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #550 on: March 20, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »

Kyle on the side sonar results of the pond:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4466.msg658903#msg658903

Kyle wrote April 7 2008:
There are 18 targets. Two are definitely tires. The rest, who knows. It's likely tin cans, mud clumps, and debris. There is one small box-like target but it's only 2ft across and doesn't have much relief, unless it's completely sunk into the mud (likely). I can find something about the size of a hockey puck with that system in good conditions. The water was very shallow when this survey was done. Remember, in February 2006 the pond was almost dry.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/09/10/natalee-holloway-investigation-exclusive-tim-miller-of-texas-equusearch-in-aruba-to-meet-with-aleprosecutor-new-witness-that-puts-joran-paulus-van-der-sloot-near-ponds-on-53005/#more-6039

Search for Natalee Holloway:Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch … New Witness in Aruba, Discusions with Prosecutor Hans Mos & Polygraph Exams

“ON top of that, knowing that the Aruban judicial system is totally in the hands of the Dutch, he forced himself to keep quiet. This lasted for over 2 years, until the end of 2007, when he felt he had to tell about what he saw, and so he came forward slowly, to explain what he saw in front of his house, which is situated at about 500 meters from the Dam of Monserat at Noord

He also got himself a lawyer, because the case was so big and he needed advice.

In the meantime, the Americans, with police permission, made a sonar test of the Dam of Monserat in the beginning of this year, when the level of the water was low.  DIARIO has found out that this test discovered 15 objects of interest and that they could define only 3 of them

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: March 20, 2009, 10:02:57 PM »

And yes, you are correct.  There was nothing there.  It was searched by private efforts looking for Jose Tromp as well.  And Kyle said right after the sonar scans of it that there was nothing of interest in the pond at all.

So what are we missing here?  I wonder why Dave would do this but suppose it is just for his own peace of mind.  I do hope if he has been given wrong information that those responsible for all this are deeply ashamed.

Makes me feel sick at my stomach to think about this family being jerked around by people playing games.  Again.

Hi Anna!  I'm feeling the same way.  Just sad.  I too am trying to understand why NOW after all of this time? 

Someone jokingly posted earlier today that maybe the dog will go to the drawer at the polis station where the hidden bones and evidence was thrown.  Sad to say that seems to be the best place to get a hit.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: March 20, 2009, 10:03:18 PM »

Ok thank you Anna and Klaas.  I just can't help but get excited when there is any news of Natalee.  That child needs to be home.  Aruba could make that happen.

I agree Snoopy.  Aruba can make it happen and only Aruba.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #553 on: March 20, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »

Hi Anidac and Scandi!  Good to see you!   

Back at 'cha Texasmom ;}  I thought the site would be jammed with posters and doubted I'd get in.  It could be a busy night.  YaYa

I wish some dear soul could pull up a map of the pond they think is to be searched.  I'm pulling out hair trying to remember where this witness lived who saw Joran walk by his home that early morning.

WOW, I bet Joran is on pins and needles, pa is hitting the bottle and ma's saying forget the kettle and joining pa.    

Have we had any locals yet who have noticed any activity on the island?  I wonder if the search will start tomoz?

TOO MANY QUESTIONS    But then, this could be very  , yes, EXCITING!   xox
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: March 20, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »

I might as well say this.  I never believed in the pond pictures.  That outline was too neat for me.  I just don't believe it.

JMO.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: March 20, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »

This story has spread like wildfire today. 
Could it be that Aruba is going to give Natalee back via Fred Golba and his dog, Rhino?
We have seen the cage/trap pictures and know that Aruban divers retrieved the contents
which were identified as human remains.  They know that we know.
I so hope that Aruba is going to send Natalee home.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: March 20, 2009, 10:10:23 PM »

I might as well say this.  I never believed in the pond pictures.  That outline was too neat for me.  I just don't believe it.

JMO.

"Pond in February 2008"

"Pond in May 2008"

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: March 20, 2009, 10:12:02 PM »

JMO.

Who posted the pond pictures San?  I can't remember.  Thanks!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: March 20, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »

I wonder why Goldba instead of somebody from TES.

Remember Tim went down there with the results of the Lie Detector test and Mos wouldn't see him or allow him to search.  The Mos had the gall to say that he had not gotten the results of the test yet from Tim. 

If Caps knows where the body is why didn't he just go in there and retrieve them?  He dove into the ocean to see what was left of the cage, why not just walk out there and dig his hands in the mud and find out once and for all?  This family should not have to pay the costs of any search for Aruba.  Aruba should foot the bill for this.  MO Aruba is rubbing Beth and Dave's nose in it and taunting them in the process.

That being said I do not hold it against Dave at all.  If he believes this will bring Natalee home then I support him in any venture the same as I would for Beth.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: March 20, 2009, 10:13:35 PM »

JMO.

Who posted the pond pictures San?  I can't remember.  Thanks!

If I remember correctly, Destiny received photos from her connection at Diario and asked me to post them for her.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.