May 05, 2024, 08:20:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #174 10/29/10 - 11/29/10  (Read 149167 times)
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: November 08, 2010, 09:53:05 AM »

Been waiting for the verdict from the Petit family murders, the Jury is having trouble deciding life or death for Steven Hayes    I can't believe KC will get death if they can't agree on his sentence.  If that's not a case for death I don't know what is...
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: November 08, 2010, 09:54:56 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Laura Buchanan deposition issue transpires ...

Do we have a date for that yet? 

Not that I know but wasn't it supposed to be in the latter part of November?  I've had to play 'catch-up' as I've been offline recently.

It has been scheduled a number of times and the state was having trouble getting her to comply. Then they started one IIRC and had to stop because Bozo had not disclosed a lot of papers to them. Now she has hired an attorney from Ft. Lauderdale and it should be completed soon. I think she is terrified now that all the lies she told have come out. I would bet they will prosecute her when this is all over if she does not come clean as to who put her up to lying.

Thanks for the info!!   The plot thickens ...   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #482 on: November 08, 2010, 10:09:46 AM »

Been waiting for the verdict from the Petit family murders, the Jury is having trouble deciding life or death for Steven Hayes    I can't believe KC will get death if they can't agree on his sentence.  If that's not a case for death I don't know what is...

No kidding-it should have taken them all of ten minutes to render death as the just punishment in that case;  But remember, we are dealing with different states altogether-Conn. generally being of a very liberal mindset, and Florida being basically conservative.  No matter how Baez chooses his jury members, facts cannot be white-washed, and it will prove difficult to erase the raw fact that she murdered her helpless & trusting babe---if she is, in fact, found guilty at trial.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #483 on: November 08, 2010, 10:57:43 AM »

Casey won't get 'death', but her life as she once knew it is over Cool ... even if she is acquitted, which I do not believe will happen either.

You know what would happen if it were up to me and so many of us here, there and everywhere.....   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: November 08, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »

Casey won't get 'death', but her life as she once knew it is over Cool ... even if she is acquitted, which I do not believe will happen either.

You know what would happen if it were up to me and so many of us here, there and everywhere.....   

Steven Hayes just got the DP, unanimous verdict. 
Wonder what took them so long..?   
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: November 08, 2010, 03:14:13 PM »

Listen up KC... it doesn't have to be unanimous in Florida. You can have a bleeding heart on the jury and still get DEATH.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
11/08/2010           Notice of Taking Deposition(s)
VIA SKYPE
11/08/2010           Notice of Provision of Supplemental Discovery

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »

The form for each count was over 40 pages long & in Connecticut how they weigh the aggravating & mitigating factors is a bit more complex than in most states that have the death penalty.   There were 6 counts that were death penalty considerations out of all the counts he was convicted on.

His attorney tried to claim diminished capacity & gave the typical boo hoo story about his troubled childhood (including abuse)...yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah - this jury didnt buy that it outweighed any of the aggravated factors of the heinous acts Hayes & his partner committed, none of it, nadda.   There is an extremely high likelihood that Casey Anthony's jury will find the same after her conviction (Im confident about her being found guilty, a little less that she actually will be sentenced to death).   Her attorneys & family would be wise to realize that if their claims cannot be substantiated by record and/or credible eyewitness account, an abuse excuse will backfire.

Finally, Im seeing a trend of jurors being less likely to suffer bleeding heart syndrome - the general population via many avenues (media, blogs, books, education) are coming to understand that even individuals that experienced dysfunctional homes and/or abuse know the difference between right & wrong, they CHOOSE the path they take when they commit a heinous crime.   That being said, IMHO there is NOTHING from an individual's past that mitigates taking an innocent life, especially a dependent, defenesless one such as a child.   The only time I have a teak of empathy for an individual taking another's life is in a proven severely battered syndrome case or a child that was brutally abused repetitively-that being a passion of crime & an entire different criteria.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: November 09, 2010, 06:32:43 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/11/a-look-at-casey-anthony-recent-jail-visitors/
A Look At Casey Anthony's Recent Jail Visitors
11/08/10

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: November 09, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »

Thanks for the updates & links!
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: November 09, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/11/a-look-at-casey-anthony-recent-jail-visitors/
11/08/10

Thanks, Trimm. Bozo and the Jar must be having fits! Love it.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: November 09, 2010, 11:40:18 AM »

11/08/10

Natalie Montesano, an Orange County Social Worker stopped briefly to visit Casey while Casey was visiting with Jeanne Barrett on September 20th.   

Who is Falecia Duncan?  Lists them as "other" on Oct 22 - stayed for 20 mins
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: November 09, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »

11/08/10

Thanks, Trimm. Bozo and the Jar must be having fits! Love it.

The Jar has not been in to visit her.  Guess it does not fit into his busy schedule 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: November 09, 2010, 11:45:16 AM »

11/08/10

Natalie Montesano, an Orange County Social Worker stopped briefly to visit Casey while Casey was visiting with Jeanne Barrett on September 20th.   

I found a Felecia Duncan from Miami/Fort Lauderdale who is a Juvenile Probation Officer.  Other than than the is a attorney from Detroit and an Office Manger from Cincinnati.  Anyone know who this is?
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: November 09, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »

The form for each count was over 40 pages long & in Connecticut how they weigh the aggravating & mitigating factors is a bit more complex than in most states that have the death penalty.   There were 6 counts that were death penalty considerations out of all the counts he was convicted on.

His attorney tried to claim diminished capacity & gave the typical boo hoo story about his troubled childhood (including abuse)...yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah - this jury didnt buy that it outweighed any of the aggravated factors of the heinous acts Hayes & his partner committed, none of it, nadda.   There is an extremely high likelihood that Casey Anthony's jury will find the same after her conviction (Im confident about her being found guilty, a little less that she actually will be sentenced to death).   Her attorneys & family would be wise to realize that if their claims cannot be substantiated by record and/or credible eyewitness account, an abuse excuse will backfire.

Finally, Im seeing a trend of jurors being less likely to suffer bleeding heart syndrome - the general population via many avenues (media, blogs, books, education) are coming to understand that even individuals that experienced dysfunctional homes and/or abuse know the difference between right & wrong, they CHOOSE the path they take when they commit a heinous crime.   That being said, IMHO there is NOTHING from an individual's past that mitigates taking an innocent life, especially a dependent, defenesless one such as a child.   The only time I have a teak of empathy for an individual taking another's life is in a proven severely battered syndrome case or a child that was brutally abused repetitively-that being a passion of crime & an entire different criteria.

I still question why the state even sought the dp on this case to begin with. Yes, the murder of one’s own child is heinous beyond comprehension but still happens frequently and the dp is not put on the table for the most part. Why, in this particular case? There must be some very extenuating circumstances that we have not been privy to and the state is holding back from the general public. My guess is that the defense it well aware of what those circumstances are and that is why they are preparing full bore for the penalty phase. I’ve wracked my brain trying to figure out what is behind it and the only thing I can come up with is if KC had involved our precious Caylee in some kind of unlawful evil activities or was hoping for financial gain from her demise. Short of that, I just don’t get it. Without a huge smoking gun the state is going to look foolish and extravagant in their use of taxpayer funds in a dp case that has no chance of succeeding.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: November 09, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »

hi Monks!  Hi WO!  I don't believe KC will get the DP....not without casue of death and we know that's not possible. 

Dr. Petit breaks my heart................I knew hayes would get the DP.....and wonder what took them so long....the thought there was perhaps one hold out is sickening!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: November 09, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »

Hi Nut...you are right on all points....right down to the 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: November 09, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
11/08/2010           Notice of Taking Deposition(s)
VIA SKYPE
11/08/2010           Notice of Provision of Supplemental Discovery

Hi trim and Thanks!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: November 09, 2010, 01:48:16 PM »

11/08/10

thanks trim....I thought we'd see this pretty quickly after JP denied BOZO's motion..............AGAIN!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: November 09, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »

11/08/10

JMO - I think the name is Felicia ....a misspelling ...and since she only stayed 20 minutes...my guess is she is someone from BOZO or BUFFOON's office...a go-fer...I have nothing to base this on...just a guess.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.