May 21, 2024, 11:25:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 Year Old Abigail Hernandez Missing Since 10/9/13 in Conway, NH  (Read 174073 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 10:28:52 PM »

http://vimeo.com/76827397

CDS News -- Sunday evening update on the Hernandez investigation
from Erik Eisele Plus 4 hours ago not yet rated

Representatives from the Conway Police Department, the FBI and New Hampshire Fish and Game addressed reporters Sunday at 6 p.m. to give an update on the investigation into Abigail Hernandez. For the fourth day in a row authorities came forward asking for the public to share any information, no matter how small, that might be related to the case.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 10:32:52 PM »

From the update, tomorrow they're bringing in five air scent dog teams.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 10:40:07 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Abigail.Hernandez

Abigail Hernandez
3 hours ago

Update from press conference. No new evidence. Following 200 tips. Line searched 5 acres of forest terrain, found discarded report cards, but nothing related to Abigail's disappearance. This is still a missing person's investigation as authorities said there is no evidence of an abduction. Bone fragments found may be of a missing man from 2006. NO mention of cell phone use as reported by another news outlet today. **IMPORTANT: Authorities requested that residents check their properties and out buildings**

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

Mere mentioned earlier that there is little to no information about the family background.

After watching Abigail's mother speak out, I've wondered where her dad is.

In the press conference someone asked if the family was being cooperative and LE responded that was obvious with the mother's plea yesterday...then I think (hard to hear) someone asked if her dad had been located and LE responded yes.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 10:53:26 PM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131013/NEWS07/131019694

October 13. 2013 4:01PM
Officials: Missing Conway teen's cell phone last used Wednesday near Cranmore Mountain Resort

BY LARISSA MULKERN

CONWAY -- Missing teenager Abigail Hernandez's cell phone was last used at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the day she disappeared after walking home from Kennett High School, officials said.

According to officials, the call was made in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort. Her cell phone "hasn't been used since," said Major Kevin Jordan of the NH Fish and Game Law Enforcement Division on Sunday.

In one of three cases on Saturday that warranted a call to the state Medical Examiner's office, trackers found a human skull with teeth during their search for the missing teen.

"We were actually looking for Abby, and were looking in the area of the cell phone band from the tower signal the last time her phone was activated," Jordan said.

As NH Fish and Game officers walked the grid in the vicinity of the cell tower phone signal, they discovered a skull with teeth that will be sent to the state lab on Monday and analyzed for DNA. Major Jordan said the skull might belong to a man from the area who has been missing in July 2006. Since no identification has yet been made, the missing man's family has not been notified.

During the last press briefing on Saturday evening at the Conway Police Department, Conway Police Chief Ed Wagner and Major Jordan said the search has yielded no substantial information about Abby's whereabouts, but the search is far from over.

Major Jordon first mentioned finding human remains, and a hiker fatality during the press conference. He said he didn't want the public to think, when they heard that a medical examiner had been called to the vicinity, that the search for Abby was over.

"What my concern was, in both instances, the 60-year-old hiker who died and the recovered bones, prompted calls to the medical examiner. I didn't want people who might have information (about Abby) to not call, thinking this has been resolved," he said.

On Sunday, five more teams from NH Fish and Game searched in the area of Kennett High School and near a local quarry. A press conference was set for 6 p.m. Sunday at the Conway police station.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=447804651997228&set=a.265509616893400.54658.100003030926579&type=1&relevant_count=1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/abby.hernandez.1848

Abigail Hernandez

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 12:37:14 AM »

I admit I haven't read the entire thread but has her boyfriend been questioned?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 01:13:29 AM »

I haven't read anything about it, but I hope so.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 09:31:56 AM »

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131013/NEWS07/131019694

October 13. 2013 4:01PM
Officials: Missing Conway teen's cell phone last used Wednesday near Cranmore Mountain Resort

BY LARISSA MULKERN

CONWAY -- Missing teenager Abigail Hernandez's cell phone was last used at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the day she disappeared after walking home from Kennett High School, officials said.

According to officials, the call was made in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort. Her cell phone "hasn't been used since," said Major Kevin Jordan of the NH Fish and Game Law Enforcement Division on Sunday.

In one of three cases on Saturday that warranted a call to the state Medical Examiner's office, trackers found a human skull with teeth during their search for the missing teen.

"We were actually looking for Abby, and were looking in the area of the cell phone band from the tower signal the last time her phone was activated," Jordan said.

As NH Fish and Game officers walked the grid in the vicinity of the cell tower phone signal, they discovered a skull with teeth that will be sent to the state lab on Monday and analyzed for DNA. Major Jordan said the skull might belong to a man from the area who has been missing in July 2006. Since no identification has yet been made, the missing man's family has not been notified.

During the last press briefing on Saturday evening at the Conway Police Department, Conway Police Chief Ed Wagner and Major Jordan said the search has yielded no substantial information about Abby's whereabouts, but the search is far from over.

Major Jordon first mentioned finding human remains, and a hiker fatality during the press conference. He said he didn't want the public to think, when they heard that a medical examiner had been called to the vicinity, that the search for Abby was over.

"What my concern was, in both instances, the 60-year-old hiker who died and the recovered bones, prompted calls to the medical examiner. I didn't want people who might have information (about Abby) to not call, thinking this has been resolved," he said.

On Sunday, five more teams from NH Fish and Game searched in the area of Kennett High School and near a local quarry. A press conference was set for 6 p.m. Sunday at the Conway police station.

Hmm, if I remember correct there was another missing persons case in this same area. The Cranmore Mountain Resort sounds familiar.

Here it is, Krista Dittmeyer who went missing in 2011.
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/04/27/krista-dittmeyer-missing-in-north-conway-nh-police-search-pond-near-cranmore-mountain-ski-resort-2nd-car-seized/

I have been to the Conway area on numerous occasions. Its small town New England in the beautiful White Mountains, but it is so wooded, she could be anywhere if they are searching for her.

I can only hope she ran away and will come to her senses and go home.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »

Mods.....if this is not appropriate, please delete.  I have read a lot about the case, but most of it is
duplicate information....just one little thing here and there....so I write myself questions that I wish
were answered.  Doubt that LE will provide the info....

If you could ask questions, what would you ask?

1.  Who last saw AH at school and what time was that?  Did she appear upset?

2.  On a regular basis, did AH walk/run, bike or take the bus home from school?  or some combination of those?  (According to google, walking is 44 minutes which biking is about 14 minutes.)

3.  Did she walk/bike with friends?  What route did she/they take?  Did she stop at any of the businesses?  Was WalMart a place to hang out after school?  Do any of her friends work in town?

Surely many of the businesses have cameras and she should have been seen. 

4.  I am sure the cameras were checked.  Was she seen?  Was she alone?  Was someone following her?

5.  Did she stop at an ATM and use her card to take money?  If so, how much.

6.  Did she have a routine after arriving home?  Call Mom at work?  If so, did she call on Wednesday?  Get on her computer?  Snack and watch TV?  Sit on deck?  Start homework?  Go back to school for any reason?

4.  Does she have friends in the complex where she lives?  Did they usually get together to talk, do homework, etc.  Does the complex have cameras?  Does she have close friends in other parts of town?
Did she call or text anyone that day....arranging to meet?

5.  Would her sister be there in the afternoon?  Does she have a pet? a dog? does she walk the dog if there is one?

6.  Does AH have a bike to use to get around town?  A bike cuts a 44 minute walk from school down to 14 minutes or less.

7.  How long has AH lived in North Conway?  Where did she live last?  Has that area been thoroughly searched also, if appropriate?  Does Dad live in town or close by?
Are there any other relatives (other than sister)?  I see that Mom is a nurse.  Is sister older? Married?

8.  What was it at home that let Mom know to call police so quickly?  And what was it
that made police call in such a variety of LE agencies?  It the family connected to any
other well known incidents that might be tied together?

I know that these are thoughts just sitting out there now....Maybe someday we will have answers.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »

I would think so Klaas, but I have not heard anything.  I did hear that the boyfriend's father has
a facebook (I have not found) and is very verbal about the case.....as in supportive.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 11:43:42 AM »

texasmom.....thank you for the links and the FB sites 

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 02:04:03 PM »

No mention of a struggle or broken items in the home.  No mention of her leaving her purse or other personal items at home. 

After looking at her FB page it appears she has a spiritual connection which is unusual and endearing for a girl her age.

She left with someone she knows and the lack of phone use after the last call is obviously suspicious.

Wonder if the boyfriend has an alibi?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 02:46:08 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Chevyguy1999
Jimmy Campbell (boyfriend)

https://www.facebook.com/WhtMtTowGuy
James D.Campbell (boyfriend's dad)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »

I'm wondering what time Abby's mom got home and found her missing.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/dmhami33/posts/10201527635090818

Dawn M Hamilton shared Jimmy Campbell's photo.
October 10 · Edited
Please repost. Abby is part of James D.Campbells family. Many of us grew up with him. I can't begin to imagine the pain both familys are going thru right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

"ok where to begin...
i have a son who is hurting terribly as we speak it seems his girlfriend Abby walked home from school today and he saw her as he rode the bus home and now she is missing it is 1130pm and no phone call no texts the police are searching for her with all they can but i need help from friends and family to locate this girl she is 14 yrs old and long dark hair her name is Abigail Hernandez if anyone sees her or has any information please contact Conway Police 603-356-5715 hell call me on my phone if u need to (edited) xxx-xxx-xxxx i cant think of going to sleep knowing this girl is missing and her mom is going thru this alone jimmy is devastated they have spent the entire day looking for her with his sister Ashley Nicole Campbell who is being there for her brother let it be known this is a serious situation and i am in NO F***ING MOOD FOR BS i will simply flip my lid if anything has happened to this lil girl who has the heart of everyone around her..this is just grrrrrrrr and scary as hell for everyone in this community..."

With Abigail Hernandez.
October 10 at 9:32am · Edited ·

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=20568060

Missing Teen's Last Phone Call Tracked to Ski Resort
By MICHELE McCPHEE    Oct 14, 2013, 3:12 PM

The last time the cellphone belonging to missing New Hampshire teenager Abigail Hernandez was used was on the day she disappeared and it was about two miles from her home, investigators said today.

The call was tracked to a spot near Cranmore Mountain, a ski resort near the missing girl's Village Way home, said Major Kevin Jordan of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department. It was the last call made from the girl's cell phone, he said.

"In my mind, this is still a missing person's case,'' Jordan told reporters last night at a news conference outside the Conway Police headquarters.

The missing girl's mother, Zenya Hernandez, pleaded for information about her daughter during a press conference on Saturday, which was Abi's 15th birthday. Through tears, the mom asked any of her friends to come forward with information about the disappearance or changes in her daughter's behavior.

Law enforcement sources told ABC News that Hernandez had befriended an older boy on Facebook and had a high school boyfriend. The FBI's Rapid Child Abduction Deployment Unit is orchestrating the search efforts, which have been conducted by air, on the ground, and in the nearby Sacco River by police from multiple law enforcement agencies.

"We are still relying on tips,'' FBI Agent Kiernan Ramsey, a supervisor assigned to the New Hampshire field office said on day five of the search Sunday night. Ramsey said tips have come from as far away as Texas, but no none have panned out.

The teen was last seen leaving her high school around 2:30 pm Wednesday. A police dog tracked her scent to her home, not far from the famed North Conway outlet mall, investigators said. Her cell phone has not been used since Wednesday night, officials said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 05:34:38 PM »

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/search-dogs-brought-in-to-look-for-missing-girl/-/9857858/22427272/-/knuy11z/-/index.html

By Ray Brewer, News Reporter
Search dogs brought in to look for missing girl
Conway residents on edge as search for missing teen continues
UPDATED 12:13 PM EDT Oct 14, 2013

CONWAY, N.H. —K-9 teams have been brought in to help in the search for a missing 15-year-old North Conway girl.

Monday is the sixth day in the search for Abigail Hernandez, who was last seen Wednesday leaving her high school.

Police said Abigail's cellphone was used at about 6:30 p.m. that evening, but since then, there has been no trace of her.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »

Authorities are planning to give another update on the case of 14-year-old Abby Hernandez. We will be covering the news conference live on WMUR and on wmur.com.
by Trent Spiner/WMUR Staff 4:49 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_search_for_missing_Conway_girl#ixzz2hjfOcqxH

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.