May 21, 2024, 08:07:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 184286 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #540 on: September 19, 2008, 09:56:59 AM »

The phone??#

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: September 19, 2008, 09:58:09 AM »

Phone#s Yep...We had a lot of visitors here this morning early!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: September 19, 2008, 10:02:04 AM »

MISSION COMPLETE   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #543 on: September 19, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »

MISSION COMPLETE   

Thanks...I feel much better....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: September 19, 2008, 10:19:02 AM »

Mum
~   Thank you so much for reporting the problem threads.   I was here in the wee hours this a.m., looking at the threads, because of the abuse from the night before.  I missed the phone number posts, however.  That was so good of you to let nut (us) know.  If you would, you can go ahead and use the "report to moderator" button on the problem posts and those posts are sent to our emails and we can take care of it.  That way you won't have to wait for someone to come on.  Any of the mods can see the notification and whomever is available can catch it.  I do wonder if some posters understand you don't have to "quote" each time you reply.       The quote stacks are getting gi-normous at times...If it's only two or three posters talking, reply works fine. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: September 19, 2008, 10:20:08 AM »

Thanks MUM for reporting and NUT for fixing!

REMINDER - It's not a good idea to post your address or phone number open for all to see.  If we see it posted we will delete.  If you continue to post it after being asked not to you will be put on a timeout.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: September 19, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »

Mum
~   Thank you so much for reporting the problem threads.   I was here in the wee hours this a.m., looking at the threads, because of the abuse from the night before.  I missed the phone number posts, however.  That was so good of you to let nut (us) know.  If you would, you can go ahead and use the "report to moderator" button on the problem posts and those posts are sent to our emails and we can take care of it.  That way you won't have to wait for someone to come on.  Any of the mods can see the notification and whomever is available can catch it.  I do wonder if some posters understand you don't have to "quote" each time you reply.       The quote stacks are getting gi-normous at times...If it's only two or three posters talking, reply works fine. 

Hi Muffy...Nice to see you....I almost hit the report to mod, but wasn't exactly sure of it, even though I had asked klaas before...Will do if I catch anything else...Agree on the quote stacks...LOL

You are Welcome klaas...not sure if they were Dugga's crawlies or real guests this morning, but there were a few.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: September 19, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »

Mum ~  You are such a good monkey.     I know what you mean about hesitating to hit the "report to moderator" button.  It reminds me of when you go up to a counter in a store and there is a bell you can ring for service.  I don't like to ring the bell...    Thanks again Mum.  It's great having monkey friends like you in the cage. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: September 19, 2008, 11:40:01 AM »

Muffy...LOL...I did just that 2 weeks ago! Stood at the counter of our X-ray department, hand hovering right over that bell and waited until some-one walked into the office! Luckily she came right away...not sure how long I would have waited, but then again DH doesn't have my patience.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: September 19, 2008, 06:44:23 PM »

HERE'S A COUPLE OF INTERNET SAFETY SUGGESTIONS:

1.  DON'T POST YOUR HOME PHONE NUMBER OR ADDRESS.  YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW EVERYONE THAT IS READING THESE FORUMS AND YOU CERTAINLY WOULDN'T WANT JUST ANYONE STOPPING BY 

2.  IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR REAL EMAIL ADDRESS UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE IF YOUR EMAIL IS FILLED WITH MESSAGES YOU DON'T' WANT TO READ (SPAM).  THERE ARE "BOTS" THAT SEARCH FOR EMAIL ADDRESSES ALL OVER THE INTERNET SO THAT SPAMMERS CAN SEND THEIR CRAP.

YOU CAN ALWAYS CREATE A HOTMAIL ACCOUNT.  I CREATED ONE WITH THE FIRST NAME OF KLAASEND LAST NAME OF SCAREDMONKEYS

3.  SINCE MEMBERS DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO EDIT THEIR OWN POSTS, I'VE ASKED THEY DON'T POST PHONE NUMBERS OR EMAIL ADDRESSES THAT HAVE TO BE DELETED LATER BY A MODERATOR.  

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: September 19, 2008, 07:29:51 PM »

O/T

Janet,

Will you please post a doggie update for us in Musings when you get a minute?

TY

Hi BT

BRANDI UPDATE!!!

The xrays taken by Vet the other day ... indicate that everything was fine.

Although Brandi's strength is improving and ... her appetite is improving ... she is definitely not her former herself.  I guess I have to be patient.

Brandi may be almost 15 years old but ... just the day prior to her taking ill ... she was running around our property like a pup.  Other than a few grey/white hairs on her face ... nobody would have suspected she was almost 15  years old.

Today she looks old.

However ... my husband informs me that I don't look like a spring chicken when I am not feeling well.  Hey ... if the truth was known ... I don't look like a spring chicken even when I feel great.

Anyways ... I do believe Brandi's age implies we just have to give her extra time to recouperate.

To be on the safe side ... the next time my husband fertilizes the lawn we will keep Brandi inside the house.  The vet cannot say for sure this was the cause of her problem but ... somehow we think so.  I know ... in the past couple of years ... I have developed an allergic reaction to Easter Lilies.  When these plants are brought into the house ... I become conjested almost immediately.

Thanks again to all for your concern.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #551 on: September 19, 2008, 07:38:21 PM »

Thanks for the update, Janet. I'm sooooo glad she's feeling better. I'll keep her in my prayers, and hope she recuperates fully.

I Stand With The Girl
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: September 19, 2008, 07:39:10 PM »

O/T

Janet,

TY

Hi BT

BRANDI UPDATE!!!

Although Brandi's strength is improving and ... her appetite is improving ... she is definitely not her former herself.  I guess I have to be patient.

Brandi may be almost 15 years old but ... just the day prior to her taking ill ... she was running around our property like a pup.  Other than a few grey/white hairs on her face ... nobody would have suspected she was almost 15  years old.

Today she looks old.

However ... my husband informs me that I don't look like a spring chicken when I am not feeling well.  Hey ... if the truth was known ... I don't look like a spring chicken even when I feel great.

Anyways ... I do believe Brandi's age implies we just have to give her extra time to recouperate.

To be on the safe side ... the next time my husband fertilizes the lawn we will keep Brandi inside the house.  The vet cannot say for sure this was the cause of her problem but ... somehow we think so.  I know ... in the past couple of years ... I have developed an allergic reaction to Easter Lilies.  When these plants are brought into the house ... I become conjested almost immediately.

Janet

So happy to hear she is doing better, Janet!

PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #553 on: September 19, 2008, 08:01:12 PM »

O/T

Janet,

TY

Hi BT

BRANDI UPDATE!!!

Today she looks old.

Janet

Thank you so much for the update.  I had prayed for Brandi as I always do for my own three.

Bless Your Heart!
PJ

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: September 20, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »

Janet, I'm so glad the xrays showed nothing wrong!  I agree- with her age (which is getting up there for a doggie!), she may take a bit longer than usual to recover. But Brandi has wonderful parents who obviously love her.     That's the best medicine there is!!

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: September 20, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »

4 killed in SC plane crash; drummer, DJ injured

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A hospital spokeswoman says former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and a popular disc jockey have been critically injured in a Learjet crash in South Carolina that killed four people.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She says the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

Hospital spokeswoman Beth Frits says Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

Federal officials say two crew members and two passengers have been killed.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Officials say a Learjet has crashed while departing from a Columbia, S.C., airport, killing four people on board and injuring two others.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She says the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

Bergen says the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, Calif.

She didn't have the names of those killed and didn't know the conditions of the two people injured.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jG0BXp_9oVplha8CEgjTEC9rH0eAD93AFGJ80
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: September 20, 2008, 07:20:12 PM »

Mum ~  You are such a good monkey.     I know what you mean about hesitating to hit the "report to moderator" button.  It reminds me of when you go up to a counter in a store and there is a bell you can ring for service.  I don't like to ring the bell...    Thanks again Mum.  It's great having monkey friends like you in the cage. 

The Report to moderator button reminds me of my sister when we were growing up ... she LIVED for and LOVED to Report me to the Motherator   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 07:22:28 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #557 on: September 20, 2008, 11:14:10 PM »

The Report to moderator button reminds me of my sister when we were growing up ... she LIVED for and LOVED to Report me to the Motherator   

It reminds me of the nuns who taught us at the parochial school we attended....when one left the room, she'd say '2NJ' take names....and then leave...ugh....what a sucky job....well, have to admit, I didn't take names and we'd all face the music when she'd return. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: September 21, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »

There are so many butterflies in my area right now.  I have family visiting from Florida this week and took them for a drive to Luckenbach.  It was great seeing so many butterflies. 
Catch monarch migration in the Texas Hill Country

11:50 AM CDT on Friday, September 19, 2008

By MALECIA EL-AMIN / The Dallas Morning News
mel-amin@dallasnews.com

MARBLE FALLS, Texas – If you want to get in touch with nature without roughing it, keep an eye out for orange and black in this Hill Country area. (snipped)
http://www.kvue.com/projectgreen/greenarticles/stories/091908kvue_monarchmigration-cl.8fc3a94b.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #559 on: September 21, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

4 killed in SC plane crash; drummer, DJ injured

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A hospital spokeswoman says former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and a popular disc jockey have been critically injured in a Learjet crash in South Carolina that killed four people.

Hospital spokeswoman Beth Frits says Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

Federal officials say two crew members and two passengers have been killed.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Officials say a Learjet has crashed while departing from a Columbia, S.C., airport, killing four people on board and injuring two others.

Bergen says the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, Calif.

She didn't have the names of those killed and didn't know the conditions of the two people injured.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jG0BXp_9oVplha8CEgjTEC9rH0eAD93AFGJ80

http://www.popeater.com/music/article/drummer-dj-critical-after-plane-crash/181948

Barker, AM Should Make Full Recovery
By JIM DAVENPORT, AP
posted: 4 HOURS 10 MINUTES AGOcomments: 121filed under: Music News, Out Sick, TV COLUMBIA, S.C.

(Sept. 21) — Former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity disc jockey DJ AM are expected to fully recover from burns they suffered in a fiery South Carolina jet crash that killed the other four people aboard, their doctor said Sunday.

Barker, DJ AM Tragedy
Former Blink-182 drummer and his new on-stage partner DJ AM are in critical condition following a plane crash in Columbia, S.C. late Friday night that left four others, including the flight crew, dead. The duo are seen hours before the incident.

DJ AM, real name Adam Goldstein, and Barker were in South Carolina's capital to perform at a free concert. They were aboard a Learjet when it veered off the runway, caught fire and crashed onto a nearby road. Airport officials say the plane never left the ground. "We've never had anything like this," airport director Mike Flack told The State newspaper.

Two crew members and two passengers were killed in the crash, federal officials say. Their identities have not been released, pending notification of relatives.

Dr. Fred Mullins, medical director of the Joseph M. Still Burn Center, said the two suffered second- and third-degree burns but had no other injuries from the crash that one witness described as a fireball shooting across a highway.
"Anybody who can survive a plane crash is pretty lucky," Mullins told reporters during a news conference Sunday morning.
Mullins said Barker was burned on his torso and lower body and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, was burned on his hands and part of his head. The doctor declined to discuss specific recovery times for the musicians, but said such injuries can take a year to fully heal.
Both men are still in critical but stable condition, Mullins said.
The Learjet crashed late Friday night shortly after taking off from an airport in Columbia, where the men had just performed a concert for thousands of college students. The plane's two-person crew and a pair of the musicians' staff members - also their close friends - were killed.

Goldstein had stripped off his own shirt and was helping Barker strip naked, said Owens, who was able to identify the men Saturday night because of news reports that showed Barker's extensive tattoos.
Owens said Goldstein told him four other people were on board the jet, but the flames were too intense to get close.
"'Oh my God' was all they were saying," Owens said of Barker and Goldstein. "They stood there and it's like - didn't know what to do. None of us did."
Two other passengers - Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, Calif., and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles - died, as did pilot Sarah Lemmon, 31, of Anaheim Hills, Calif., and co-pilot James Bland, 52, of Carlsbad, Calif., according to the county coroner. Baker was an assistant to Barker and Still was a security guard for the musician. A publicist described the men as close friends of their employers.
The plane was headed for Van Nuys, Calif. It is owned by Global Exec Aviation, a California-based charter company, and was certified to operate last year, said National Transportation Safety Board member Debbie Hersman. The company said it was working with investigators to determine the cause of the crash.
A longtime friend of the co-pilot said Bland flew anti-smuggling missions 20 years for the U.S. Customs Service and flew missions for the Santa Ana Police Department in California and U.S. Border Patrol.
"He was such an experienced pilot, it had to be something beyond their control," said Tim Ferrill, a Huntington Beach, Calif., pilot. "He was an absolutely meticulous pilot, very thorough and not a risk-taker at all."
At the crash site Saturday, the air was still heavy with the odor of jet fuel. A trail of black soot led off a runway. The nose of the aircraft was gone and the roof was missing from two-thirds of the charred plane.
Hersman said officials recovered the cockpit voice recorder but had yet to analyze it or determine whether the recording was in good condition. She said the weather was clear when the plane took off, but said no factors had been ruled out.
"We're working as fast as we can to document all the evidence," Hersman said. "We have not yet found anything but we are looking at everything."
Barker and Goldstein had performed together under the name TRVSDJ-AM at a free concert in Columbia on Friday night. The show, which included performances by former Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell and singer Gavin DeGraw, drew about 10,000 people to a neighborhood near the University of South Carolina.
Barker, 32, was one of the more colorful members of the multiplatinum-selling punk rock band Blink-182, whose biggest album was 1999's CD "Enema of the State" and sold more than 5 million copies in the United States alone.
After Blink-182 disbanded in 2005, Barker went on to form the rock band (+44) - pronounced "plus forty-four." He also starred in the MTV reality series "Meet the Barkers" with his then-wife, former Miss USA Shanna Moakler. The show documented the former couple's lavish wedding and home life. Their later split, reconciliation and subsequent breakup made them tabloid favorites.
Goldstein, 35, is a popular DJ for hire who at one time was engaged to Nicole Richie and dated singer/actress Mandy Moore. While he became a gossip favorite for his romances, he draws respect from music aficionados for his DJ skills.
Barker and Goldstein performed as part of the house band at the MTV Video Music Awards earlier this month.

Associated Press writers Jim Davenport in West Columbia, Nekesa Mumbi Moody in New York and Thomas Watkins in Los Angeles contributed to this report.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.