May 14, 2024, 03:28:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN # 12 - 6/19 - 6/20/05  (Read 206739 times)
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #580 on: June 20, 2005, 01:58:59 AM »

GreatOwl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: quote    Reply with quote
that is what i am doing. is it my mac?

I doubt it is the Mac. I am using one. Check to see if the HTML is OFF and the BBCode is ON.[/quote]

For nothing, other than I must remember this and this browser doesn't have an imbedded email link...(Mozilla/Firefox)
Y'alls Psychic Detective
Scared Monkey

« Reply #581 on: June 20, 2005, 01:59:56 AM »

Just to hopefully lay this to rest with factual evidence, the crime rate in Aruba is not particularly low.  It may very well be one of the safest islands (and is much safer than US cities like Miami and DC), but the claim that they have "no crime" is crazy talk.  Note the following is based on reported crimes, which of course can make quite a difference.  Also, the murder rate is hard to compare because of the variance year to year in Aruba (about the same as NYC in 2003, much lower in 2004, and on pace to be much higher this year with at least 4 murders already).

Anyway, based on Aruba's population of 71,566 (http://tinyurl.com/cbmg), their overall crime rate is 91% higher than New York City and 320% that of Mountain Brook, AL.
Sources: http://newyork.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
http://mountainbrook.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
http://tinyurl.com/7hov5
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #582 on: June 20, 2005, 02:00:26 AM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "tuberide"
Quote from: "WoodGuy"
Here's a crazy thought.....imagine if it was some pyscho american tourist on a long vacation doing it (nat, strangled guy, other missing person).... Rolling Eyes

"strangled"? you mean partial decapitation

fox already said it is cult related .  i saw it a little while ago

Sorry, not buying it. Cult related? Now we have a sicko cult attacking victims. I think not. Just because "FOX" said it does not make it true. I agree with previous poster who thinks this was a ruse.
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #583 on: June 20, 2005, 02:00:32 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Terry"
GETAGRIP.......... Hats off to you!!  Very Happy

Terry!!! When you do that I have to start reading backwards. <sigh>
Laughing Well at least I am not the only one doing it!!

<<<<< Shocked
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #584 on: June 20, 2005, 02:00:48 AM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Okay, that was weird when I quoted the post I could not read..it came out normal lol..hmmm
Sad  Wink  Shocked
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #585 on: June 20, 2005, 02:01:14 AM »

Quote from: "Terry"
GETAGRIP.......... Hats off to you!!  Very Happy

On that note, I'm off to bed  Laughing

Praying for some more positive developments tomorrow. You all type a lot, but are wonderful to read  Very Happy

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #586 on: June 20, 2005, 02:01:16 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
OK, I have been watching the Fox replays for a while and I saw one thing that jumped out at me BIG-TIME.

That FBI profiler Candace DeLong either is clueless in the extreme (which I HIGHLY doubt) or she is hiding something.

I grew up in South Florida and I am familiar with Santeria, the "cult" she referred to. She tried to blame the killing yesterday on them. I can tell you that it is a weird mixture of animism and voodoo with some so-called Christian trappings. They are notorious for killing chickens, and sometimes dogs, but I have NEVER heard of them killing people, much less "decapitating" them. By the way, the guy was not decapitated, it was a huge throat slash, most likely the "Colombian Necktie" which has been graphically described.

Santeria is prevalent in Cuba (practcally as endemic as Haitian voodoo)but I do not believe it to be so big a deal in the other islands. (I may be wrong on this but that is what I heard). Our Aruban friends can enlarge on whether or not it has much foothold in Aruba.

I am quite confident that that was a red herring thrown out there by that lady! Now what would make her do such a thing...?

You are correct SB. Human ritualistic sacrifices are not done nor common period. A dead goat..yeah I might by it but they don't sacrifice humans.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: June 20, 2005, 02:01:28 AM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Kerin, you just don't sleep.  Don't you know parents give that up for 20 years at least.  Wink

Yeah sleep is something I don't get a lot of (especially since this happened with Natalee). Or food. Plus I am hoping FOM sends that cleaning fairy over here tomorrow.  Very Happy

nfw her hands r full and yep plce looks like hiroshima went thru

peace to all
Terry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #588 on: June 20, 2005, 02:02:06 AM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
Here's a crazy thought.....imagine if it was some pyscho american tourist on a long vacation doing it (nat, strangled guy, other missing person).... Rolling Eyes

Sorry, not buying it. Cult related? Now we have a sicko cult attacking victims. I think not. Just because "FOX" said it does not make it true. I agree with previous poster who thinks this was a ruse.

FOX=FAUX   Idea
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: June 20, 2005, 02:02:34 AM »

Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "NativeLingo"
most teenagers from anywhere traveling to anywhere WILL leave most of their so called values on the airplane....

Good point, Lingo. And in SOME cases true, though apparently not in this case.

i check mine at the curb with the guy in the funny outfit!

peace to all
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: June 20, 2005, 02:04:41 AM »

Quote from: "writenow"
Quote from: "NativeLingo"
most teenagers from anywhere traveling to anywhere WILL leave most of their so called values on the airplane....

Good point, Lingo. And in SOME cases true, though apparently not in this case.

i check mine at the curb with the guy in the funny outfit!

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #591 on: June 20, 2005, 02:05:11 AM »

Dan's latest musings:
A reliable source on the island of Aruba has confirmed reports of a recent murder / decapitation, and also confirmed reports of another murder currently under investigation in Aruba. A third report regarding a possible new missing person report filed today has not been confirmed at this time.

Additionally, sources close to the Natalee Holloway investigation have indicated to me that there appear to be serious problems developing in establishing a consistent time lime of events surrounding Natalee's disappearance. Problems stem from conflicts among stories by those being questioned, a growing list which now includes  Father of Joran v d Sloot, Paulus v d Sloot.

It's possible that the time line as presented by the elder vd Sloot does not fit with other knowable facts in the case, resulting in his having been brought back for additional questioning.

Additionally, from other contacts who are known to be observing the Natalee Holloway investigation very closely on the ground in Aruba, there is growing concern that some of the lack of clarity in the troubling case could be the result of an attempt to minimize the impact of this tragic case on the tourism industry of Aruba.
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #592 on: June 20, 2005, 02:05:53 AM »

Quote from: "Professor"
Quote from: "mbhs05"
Quote from: "Professor"
When all is said and done, I think we can all agree that Mountain Brook High School made a big mistake in choosing Aruba as the site for their senior getaway trip.

I say this with all due respect for the people of Aruba. They have their own values and customs, and we, as Americans must respect that.

We can't expect everyone to hold the same values as we do.

Well...for one the highschool chose nothing. Parents and kids chose it. Also it's been going on for a few years, with no problems. I saw nothing scary about the island when I was thinking about going. Much less scary than other places I've been out of the country.

I'm not so sure I feel confident now...they didn't start looking soon enough, and didn't make arrests soon enough...it's not like I think that this is a common thing, it's just that it doesn't seem to be handled well. They haven't had experience with this.

Hey. You didn't know any better. No one did.

Now you do.

That's preposterous. As Nancy Drew says, it's not the island, it's whoever did this to Natalee. It could have happened in your backyard.

Well, listen. The Arubans aren't used to dealing with this. They're learning, just like the folks in Moutain Brook, and all over, are doing. You live and you learn. You change to meet the last challenge. Because you never see the next problem or challenge coming.

Why is the U.S. seemingly so inept at dealing with terrorism sometimes? We still can't get our airport security straightened out. Why? Because it's a new problem for us. The Israelis could teach us a thing or two about it, if we were only willing to learn. Should we have known? Yes, probably.

Same thing here. The Arubans haven't had to deal with a crime like this. They will eventually correct their problems.

And then, for them and for us, the next challenge will bear no resemblance to what we've prepared for. Such is life.
NativeLingo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #593 on: June 20, 2005, 02:06:08 AM »

I have never heard of cults on the island...NEVER....to me this was a drug deal related murder....

And since when is The FBI giving comments on unrelated cases and not on the case they are dealing with??......odd
tuberide
Scared Monkey

« Reply #594 on: June 20, 2005, 02:06:42 AM »

Missing man has been identified as Sergio Gomez. This case and the dead, partially decapitaed, body found at Sabana are not believed to be related to the Natalee Holloway case.   FROM: http://www.hasibokos.com/hbknews/?view=day&blogDate=6/10/2005

also, cutting peoples heads off or any human "sacrifices" has NOTHING to do with santeria.....ive spent about 25 of my 30 years being born and living in MIAMI

think positive
Dallas Also
Scared Monkey

« Reply #595 on: June 20, 2005, 02:06:58 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"

Dallas, get over here and read this~~~

Very nicely written!  A great synopis of the days events. And your commentary is outstanding...

Please come back and recap more often...

~Nancy

nancy_drew, you laid into me over nothing Friday night, and went ballistic and "demanded that I quote my confirmations and sources".

You rambled something about your being "tough as h_ll".  Please get away from me.
Rosalie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #596 on: June 20, 2005, 02:07:17 AM »

Quote from: "Whitney"
Another K in Texas Catchin' up and wanted to thank you for the link to the Laredo case.  From my "sketchy reading" about Mexico-USA border conflicts, I've heard a lot more about California's and Arizona's issues than Texas's...the ones that are negatively reported.

I've wondered, where the US wants to "control access" to "uncontrolled border penetration," I wish they'd consider more robust physical barriers like the ones seen between West Bank and Israel, for instance.

Obviously, the political powers-that-be wouldn't entertain that issue, but it would obviate the need for 'Predator-like' drone surveilllance, etc., or trip-sensors, you know the litany.

I'm still at a loss why the inside the Beltway crowd can't grab this issue; hey, they nearly castrated Mr. Tancredo, (R) CO., for advocating border control.  The chief castra-tor would be Karl Rove-like harpies.

Then there's Coca-cola-guy President of Mexico....

....going to just quietly step off this soapbox and catch up on my reading...

Im in AZ. Five miles from Mexico. The illegals come through our property in droves. High speed drug runner chase down our driveway and ripped out rear fences. OOPS, on a rant and off subject. God Bless the Minutemen !!!
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #597 on: June 20, 2005, 02:07:28 AM »

Can not agree more...my local news have Natalee on!

Reporting that more arrests are coming!
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #598 on: June 20, 2005, 02:07:37 AM »

For those of you who got their feathers ruffled, let me reiterate. I have already expressed my willingness to apologize, if this investigation turns out to be something more that a simple date-rape gone bad. But I have to admit that the posts of this day have really opened my eyes.
1. When I see posts which indicate that it is "rude" to knock on doors after 10pm, when searching for a missing daughter;
2. When I see posts that indicate that local custom considers "blood to be thicker than water," and which excuse the harboring of known felons;
3. When hear retired police officers -- who, two days earlier were wondering why the local authorities weren't taking advantage of polygraphic technology offered by the FBI -- claiming that the family of the victim should be subject to polygraphs;
4. And when I read posts which indicate that native Arubians believe that they are extending a "courtesy," by allowing a grieving mother to inquire about a missing daughter. . . . .

. . . it makes me wonder who is the #1 PR problem in Aruba today. And my feeling is that it isn't Dee Fine. It's the people of Aruba, themselves.
Think about it, folks. There are plenty of beautiful beaches along the Redneck Riviera. There is Perdido Key and Destin, and Panama City. Further down south, there is Key West, where Jimmy Buffet hangs out. And it isn't considered rude to knock on doors in search of a missing girl. And where people aren't eager to have the tourists leave, and leave their tourist dollars behind.

I'm not condemning anybody. Different cultures have different values, and I'm not saying that one is necessarily better than another. I'm just saying that Arubian values and American values just ain't the same.
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #599 on: June 20, 2005, 02:09:10 AM »

CaliGirl points out the cultural diffs
CaliGirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Joran's nightlife    Reply with quote
Hera wrote:
...and I erased it....

But CaliGirl:
::raising hand::

Euro culture is very different than american culture. In fact, just a point to make, in Germany, they legally drink when they are 16 and drive when they are 18. Not sure if it is still the same but that was how it was when I was 16. The are a little more open with things in their culture, so IMHO I don't find it odd or unusual being they are from The Netherlands but that doesn't make someone a killer or bad person because they are able to stay out late at night.

Only that in most US states...you drive (w/someone at 15.5 years AND drink when you're 21 years)....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.