May 17, 2024, 06:15:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 171178 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »

::snipping2::

Her bike was found under the elevated portion of I-10 near the Whiskey Bay exit by two fishermen Sunday.

It was submerged in the water.

http://www.ksla.com/story/18638903/crews-search-area-where-missing-womans-bicycle-found

Mixed Messages?

The following article appears to imply that Micky's bicycle was not in water and ... the photo of the overpass/bridge that can be viewed at the link does not reveal a body of water under it.

Janet

+++++

Waiting for Mickey
3:13 AM, May. 28, 2012

<snipped>

Cpl. Paul Mouton, spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said fishermen found the bike early Sunday morning and called the special tips line that police have dedicated to the Shunick case.

<snipped>

Mouton said Sunday afternoon police were not ready to reveal the exact condition of the bicycle or where exactly it was found, except to say that it was under the I-10 Atchafalaya Basin bridge.

<snipped>

The area where the bike was found is just off of Exit 127 of I-10 in Iberville Parish, about midway between Lafayette and Baton Rouge. The road leading from the exit is rural and in a general swampy area, with tall grass and patches of thick woods.

Still, it is usually well-traveled by fishermen and outdoors enthusiasts.

<snipped>

Mouton credited those efforts, as well as the case's widespread visibility, with contributing to Sunday's discovery.

"I think social media and the word getting out really has helped us," he said. "There's a lot of trash around in the area (where the bike was found), so without the visibility, it's possible that someone may have not noticed the bicycle or not thought twice about it."

<snipped>

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/DG/20120528/NEWS01/205280309/Waiting-Mickey

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »

Nancy Grace (HLN) - Right now!  Repeat - 7:00 PM PT

Mickey Shunick's sister and father are guests.

Janet
5:20 PM PT

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2012, 10:55:25 AM »

Disappearance of Louisiana college student Michaela "Mickey" Shunick eerily similar to Lauren Spierer case

Pretty, petite college students vanished after a night out with friends a year apart

By Philip Caulfield / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 8:46 AM

Authorities in Louisiana and Indiana are looking into the eerie similarities between the cases of two female college students who vanished after nights out with friends nearly one year apart.

Bloomington, Ind. police investigating the 2011 disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer have reached out to authorities in Lafayette, La., who are searching for missing University of Louisiana at Lafayette student Michaela "Mickey" Shunick, who vanished on May 19, Fox News reported.

Shunick, a 5-foot-1, 115-pound blond, was last seen leaving a friend's house near the school on a bicycle at around 2 a.m., just days before her 22nd birthday.

Her family reported her missing the next morning when she didn't show up to her brother's graduation ceremony, according to local reports.

Surveillance video released last week showed a petite blond woman police believed was Shunick pedaling through an area near where she was last seen.

Her black and gold Schwinn bike was found on Sunday by some fisherman under a highway bridge near Atchafalaya River, about 25 miles away.

Search crews have searched the woods and swamplands in the area, but have found no sign of the senior anthropology major.

"We've got boats on the water, and are looking in the woods as well for any other evidence. We've set up a perimeter around the area where the bike was found and are processing the entire area," Lafayette police spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton told the Lafayette Daily Advertiser newspaper.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/disappearance-louisiana-college-student-michaela-mickey-shunick-eerily-similar-lauren-spierer-case-article-1.1085903#ixzz1wGow8fUo

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »

Police 'flooded' with tips in search for missing Louisiana college student Michaela Shunick
Published May 27, 2012

<snipped>

The search for Michaela "Mickey" Shunick intensified after police released surveillance videos Friday showing a bicyclist thought to be the missing 22-year-old college student.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/27/police-flooded-with-tips-in-search-for-missing-louisiana-college-student/

NANCY GRACE
Missing Mickey Shunick`s Bike Found
Aired May 28, 2012 - 20:00:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: ...But Lieutenant, let me go back to what we know. We know her bike is found under that bridge. Here`s my question, Lieutenant, if you can divulge it. Was the bike hidden up under the bridge, or did it wash up under the bridge?

LT. VAUGHN BURRIS, LAFAYETTE POLICE DEPARTMENT: Nancy, I would -- I can tell you that we feel that the bike was dumped there. We`re trying to withhold the location and how the bike was placed there until we locate a person that we can question regarding their involvement in the bike. So we are keeping it close to -- we`re not showing our cards at that time as far as the bike discovery goes.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/28/ng.01.html

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »

Latest Update Mickey Shunick's Family Speaks Out About Developments In Case

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »

LAFAYETTE MEDIA COVERAGE
These links will display a list of all Mickey Shunick related stories on each site.
There are media press conferences daily at 3pm at the volunteer center.
Lafayette Police Department Press Release

TV
KADN
KATC
KLFY

PRINT MEDIA
The Advertiser
The Independent
Deep South Magazine

RADIO
96.5 KPEL
97.3 The Dawg
99.9 KTDY
105.1 Planet Radio
HOT 107.9

OTHER
Texas EquuSearch

OTHER LOUISIANA MEDIA
Baton Rouge
NBC33TV Baton Rouge
WAFB Baton Rouge
WBRZ Baton Rouge
The Advocate Baton Rouge

Jennings
Jennings Daily News

Lake Charles
KPLC Lake Charles

NATIONAL MEDIA
ABC News
CBS News
CNN
HLN and Nancy Grace
America's Most Wanted
USA TODAY
Huffington Post

INTERNATIONAL MEDIA
Daily Mail

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2012, 03:37:59 PM »

As per: http://findmickeynow.com/#shirts

FACTS
There is a $25,000 Reward for any information leading to the whereabouts of Mickey Shunick, no questions asked.  The reward is capped at this amount.

LAFAYETTE, LA: 21 year old Mickey Shunick (pictured) was last seen at about 2:00 am (May 19) riding a black and gold Schwinn Cutter bicycle with glittery gold handlebars from a friend's home in the Saint Streets area of Lafayette. She was riding back home to the area near Ambassador and Congress, but never made it home and hasn't been seen since. She is 5'1" tall, weighing about 115 pounds, has shoulder length curly blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a small tattoo of a bicycle on her right outer ankle and a nose ring on her left nostril. She was last seen wearing a pastel multicolored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans, and silver ankle boots. She was also carrying a light brown leather backpack, a black and yellow Vera Bradley wallet, a black Verizon slider phone and a small pink container of pepper spray.If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Lafayette Police at 337-291-8633 or email findmickeyshunick@yahoo.com

Update: 5/28/2012

As of noon, Lafayette Police have discontinued the search of the area surrounding where Mickey Shunick’s bike was found. Investigators were unable to locate any other significant evidence. The investigation remains ongoing.

UPDATE 5/27/2012:  Lafayette Police are confirming that Mickey Shunick's bike has been found beneath the Whiskey Bay I-10 Bridge at Exit #127. Some local fisherman located the bike and notified police through the tips line. The entire area and the river are being searched for clues and evidence. Police are asking the public to remain out of the area so that law enforcement officials can search. The case remains under investigation.

Update 5/26/12: Detectives have provided an updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest and the pictures of two additional vehicles that were in the area during the same time frame when Mickey Shunick was last captured on surveillance footage. The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows. The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4-door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Detectives are interested in locating the vehicles and speaking with the occupants to obtain further information on the case. Anyone with information about the case of the pickup truck is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »

UPDATE 5/25/2012: Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick travelling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street.  At approximately 1:47AM the bicyclist is captured on Versallies Blvd travelling towards St. John Street.  She then travelled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48PM.   Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick travelled on both streets.  Anyone with information about the case of the pickup truck is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »

This is a map from the video

Thanks Blonde

Are investigators certain that it is Mickey who was captured on those surviellance cameras?  According to Brittly ... Mickey was tired.  It makes sense ... if Brittly's words reflects the truth ... Mickey would take the most direct route home.  After all ... it is 2:00 AM.  Is there something I am not getting?

Janet

++++

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Friend Speaks Out about Mickey Shunick Disappearance
Aired May 23, 2012 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL:  Straight out to our exclusive guest, Brettly Wilson, the very last person to see Mickey Shunick before she vanished.

Brettly, thank you so much for joining us tonight. Let`s just start by -- if you can tell us what happened, you`re at this Artmosphere with apparently nine other friends, including Mickey. And how did you end up getting separated from eight of them and then you and Mickey going back to your place?

WILSON: Mickey was pretty tired. Her sister had come in the night before. They were both going to go to her brother`s graduation the next night. And so she as ready to go before anyone else was.

By the end of the night came, everyone decided they were going to go their separate ways. They didn`t want food. They wanted to go home and didn`t want to go somewhere else. So me and Mickey took off towards my house, and I offered to get her food at a nearby Taco Bell.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you went -- you went to Taco Bell straight from Artmosphere, or did you go home first?

WILSON: We went to my house. It was too late to bike indoors (ph) with Taco Bell. So we got in the car, and I took her through the drive- through. She picked something up, brought it back. She ate it.

At that point we got two phone calls from friends, asking, you know, where we were, checking on us and saying they were going to go get food somewhere else. At that point, Mickey decided she was still too tired. She had gotten food and so she had wanted to go home at that point.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/23/ijvm.01.html

Police: Missing La. student seen in surveillance video
Updated 1d 16h ago

<snipped>

Police said one segment of video shows the cyclist on Versailles Boulevard, traveling toward St. John Street at 1:47 a.m. CDT May 19. She then traveled onto St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street, where she was seen on another video at 1:48 a.m.

<snipped>

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-26/missing-louisiana-student-surveillance-video/55215060/1

Police 'flooded' with tips in search for missing Louisiana college student Michaela Shunick
Published May 27, 2012

<snipped>

The search for Michaela "Mickey" Shunick intensified after police released surveillance videos Friday showing a bicyclist thought to be the missing 22-year-old college student.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/27/police-flooded-with-tips-in-search-for-missing-louisiana-college-student/

Until a spokesperson for the investigation states that the cyclist captured on surviellance as been "positively" identified as Mickey ... I remain a skeptic.

What reason would a tired Mickey at 2:00 AM divert from the direct route that would take her home.

Something is hinky.  IMO

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2012, 07:37:15 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9PM ET tonight!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-29/missing-Louisiana-student-Michaela-Shunick/55272672/1
Police: Missing Louisiana student's bike found with damage
By Nicholas Persac, The (Lafayette, La.) Daily Advertiser
May 29, 2012

LAFAYETTE, La. – Police said Tuesday that the bike of a missing University of Louisiana at Lafayette college student was found under water in the Atchafalaya Basin, some 30 miles east of Lafayette, La., with damage to its rear tire.
During a news conference Tuesday, Cpl. Paul Mouton, a spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, said the bike believed to be Michaela "Mickey" Shunick's was submerged in water, and its rear wheel was damaged. The bike is at the state crime lab for more testing, he said.
Mouton said police have not yet identified the drivers of three vehicles that police are calling persons of interest in the case. Police are still receiving tips about the vehicles and about "other items of interest," but Mouton did not release any further details.
"We feel that we searched that area enough," Mouton said of the Whiskey Bay area. "We believe the perpetrator went beneath the bridge and dumped the bike."

Also Tuesday, officials searching for Shunick said they are no longer using volunteers to help find her.

According to a message posted on the "Find Mickey Shunick Now" Facebook page, "the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended, however (the search) is still ongoing."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »

Mickey Shunick media briefing: Bike found damaged
Posted: May 29, 2012 4:33 PM
Updated: May 29, 2012 5:57 PM

The only visible damage to the bike belonging to missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick was the rear tire, according to Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton. During a media briefing around 3:35 this afternoon, he said the rim was bent. Fishermen found the bike Sunday at the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Whiskey Bay exit. Mouton said her bike was submerged in the water off the bank of the Atchafalaya Basin. "Detectives are hopeful that forensic experts can find evidence on the frame, handle bars and handgrips that were recovered at the scene," said Mouton.

Investigators believe the bike was dropped off and not thrown from the bridge. Also, they believe the bike was dumped the morning Shunick went missing. Mouton says hopefully a forensic examination at the Louisiana State Police Crime Lab will provide more specific information. Besides the bike, police have gathered other "items of interest," but are not naming those items.

<snipped>

http://www.katc.com/news/mickey-shunick-media-briefing-bike-found-damaged/

_____

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2012, 12:15:52 AM »

Mickey Shunick media briefing: Bike found damaged
Posted: May 29, 2012 4:33 PM
Updated: May 29, 2012 5:57 PM

The only visible damage to the bike belonging to missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick was the rear tire, according to Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton. During a media briefing around 3:35 this afternoon, he said the rim was bent. Fishermen found the bike Sunday at the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Whiskey Bay exit. Mouton said her bike was submerged in the water off the bank of the Atchafalaya Basin. "Detectives are hopeful that forensic experts can find evidence on the frame, handle bars and handgrips that were recovered at the scene," said Mouton.

Investigators believe the bike was dropped off and not thrown from the bridge. Also, they believe the bike was dumped the morning Shunick went missing. Mouton says hopefully a forensic examination at the Louisiana State Police Crime Lab will provide more specific information. Besides the bike, police have gathered other "items of interest," but are not naming those items.

<snipped>

http://www.katc.com/news/mickey-shunick-media-briefing-bike-found-damaged/
Praying for prints on the bike and a match in the databases  an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »

I think someone was following her so she went a different way to get away from him, then he hit her bike.
 I don't know what else he did, do we have any pictures of what was behind he, i think she was on the run ..

ANY THOUGHTS

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »

I think someone was following her so she went a different way to get away from him, then he hit her bike.
 I don't know what else he did, do we have any pictures of what was behind he, i think she was on the run ..

ANY THOUGHTS
I was thinking the same.  Hopefully, LE can recover some fingerprints or paint to help point them in the right direction. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »

ANY THOUGHTS
I was thinking the same.  Hopefully, LE can recover some fingerprints or paint to help point them in the right direction. 

i agree. if this was the case maybe there was a paint transfer from the bike to the car and back so cops might be able to pin point the make, model and color of the car/truck
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »

BREAKING: Two vehicles ruled out in Shunick investigation

Lafayette police have ruled out two vehicles of interest in the investigation into Mickey Shunick's disappearance.

Police were able to identify the operators and occupants of an older model four-door car, as well as a white four-door pickup truck with a bed cover.

Police are still looking for the driver and/or occupants of a white Chevy Z-71 pickup truck that was also seen in the same area as Shunick around the same time on May 19.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120530/NEWS01/120530015/BREAKING-Two-vehicles-ruled-out-Shunick-investigation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »

Missing Louisiana Student Mickey Shunick's Bike Suffered Significant Damage

Missing Louisiana student Mickey Shunick's recovered bike suffered significant damage to the rear tire, including a bent rim, authorities said today.

"We strongly believe that the person, or perpetrator, drove down to the edge of the water and dumped the bike into the water for it not to be found," Cpl. Paul Mouton of the Lafayette Police Department said.

That the bike was found damaged and dumped near a highway suggests Shunick might have been hit by a car, ABC News consultant and former FBI special agent Brad Garrett said.

"If her bike was hit by a vehicle...you may be able to tell from the damage whether it was intentional or not," he said. "[There] could be a wealth of information potentially gathered in addition to the location of the bike."

Garrett said the bike could have paint from the suspect's vehicle on it or DNA from Shunick or the suspect.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-louisiana-student-mickey-shunicks-bike-suffererd-significant/story?id=16458312
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »

Keeping hope alive

Volunteers at Blackham Coliseum who had been working on the search effort to find missing Mickey Shunick were given a break. Just before Tuesday afternoon's news conference, a message posted on the Find Mickey Shunick Now Facebook page stated "the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended."

Tuesday marked the 10th day of the Shunick search. The 22-year-old UL student's bike was found on day eight, Sunday morning, under the Whiskey Bay bridge on Interstate 10.
Josh Coen, a 22-year-old friend of Shunick and social media coordinator for the volunteer effort, said the suspension was a unanimous decision from friends, family and other volunteers.
According to the post, the suspension includes "food, beverage, and material donations of any kind as well as manpower coming in to participate in the search effort."
Also, the volunteer effort will cease using Blackham Coliseum, Coen said.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120530/NEWS01/205300327/Keeping-hope-alive?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.