May 03, 2024, 11:46:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 300344 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #880 on: September 24, 2010, 09:36:02 PM »

I would NOT go to sleep with this turtle in my house!!!       

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GR7FOK2_LHw?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/GR7FOK2_LHw?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: September 24, 2010, 11:00:18 PM »

Shy-Monkey - have you seen the beard beenie? 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/37709025/brown-beard-beanie

That is hilarious! Oh my gosh the wheels are turning-one of the (lazy) neighbor's claims he only hires someone to clear their driveway when it snows because he can't grow enough facial hair to keep his face warm and he's not about to wear a ski mask and look like a bank robber or peeping tom.
A perfect gift for my SIL for Christmas ! lol
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: September 24, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »

Why God Made Little Girls
Author Unknown

God made the world with towering trees,
Majestic mountains and restless seas.
Then paused and said , "It needs one more thing...
Someone to laugh and dance and sing.
To walk in the wood and gather flowers...
To commune with nature in quiet hours."

So God made little girls
With laughing eyes and bouncing curls,
With joyful hearts and infectious smiles,
Enchanting ways and feminine wiles.
And when He'd completed the task He'd begun.
He was pleased and proud of the job He'd done.
For the world, when seen through little girl's eyes
Greatly resembled Paradise.

I've always loved this one.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: September 24, 2010, 11:15:14 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GR7FOK2_LHw?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/GR7FOK2_LHw?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

OMGosh!!   That turtle is like a little tank with a mouth to bite someone instead of a gun to shoot them.  I would never go barefoot around that guy, that's for sure!    I have two box turtles  "Silent Bob" and "Jay" and I've never seen either of them aggressive. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #884 on: September 25, 2010, 04:22:39 AM »

CBB, maybe the Turtle's name is SkipperDee??? 
  Eloise

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #885 on: September 25, 2010, 04:25:23 AM »

Janet - thank you!  I'm sure CBB won't mind!

Here's how she looks on day 2!

Congratulations Klaas!!!  She is an adorable grandchild! Being a grandmother is wonderful, you will love it! Enjoy!!!

What a Precious Little Baby Girl
Happy Birthday Little One  albino

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #886 on: September 25, 2010, 07:16:45 AM »

Congratulations Granny klaasend  an angelic monkey

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #887 on: September 25, 2010, 07:25:04 AM »

Poor Cats    It sure seems to be able to move fast

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: September 25, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »

Thanks everyone!  We are going to see her Sunday, I'll take more pictures then  an angelic monkey

Two more sleeps!!

One more sleep!!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:51 PM »

Dogs know .......
This really is  a great   story!

Lucky Dog....

Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't
And you may even decide you need one!

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog named 'Lucky.'   Lucky was a real character.

Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they
Would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would help himself to whatever struck his fancy.   Inevitably, someone would forget and something would come up missing.

Mary or Jim would go to Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's other favorite toys.     Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer.   Something told her she was going to die of this disease......in fact;  she was just sure it was fatal.

She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding her shoulders.   The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky.   A thought struck her....what would happen to Lucky?   Although the three-year-old
Dog liked Jim, he was Mary's dog through and through.

If I die, Lucky will be abandoned, Mary thought.  He won't understand
That I didn't want to leave him!  The thought made her sadder than thinking of her own death.

The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks.   Jim took
Lucky for his evening walk faithfully, but the little dog just drooped, whining and miserable.

Finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital.   When she arrived home, Mary was so exhausted she couldn't even make it up the steps to her bedroom.  Jim made his wife comfortable on the couch and left her to nap.

Lucky stood watching Mary but he didn't come to her when she called.
It made Mary sad but sleep soon overcame her and she dozed.

When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong.   She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot.   But panic soon gave way to laughter when Mary realized the problem.  She was covered, literally blanketed, with every treasure Lucky owned!

While she had slept, the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement bringing his beloved mistress all his favorite things in life.

He had covered her with his love.

Mary forgot about dying.   Instead she and Lucky began living again, walking further and further together every day.   It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free.   Lucky.   He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his greatest treasure.

Remember.....live every day to the fullest.  Each minute is a blessing from God.  And never forget....the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.   They are the ones that care for us.

If you see someone without a smile today give them one of yours!   Live simply.. Love seriously.   Care deeply.   Speak kindly.   Leave the rest to God .

A small request
All you are asked to do is keep this circulating.

Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer.
Amen
All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, even if it is only to one
More person, in memory of anyone you know that has been struck down by cancer or is still fighting their battle.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: September 25, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: September 25, 2010, 01:31:04 PM »

Dogs know .......
This really is  a great   story!

Lucky Dog....

Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't
And you may even decide you need one!

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog named 'Lucky.'   Lucky was a real character.

Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they
Would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would help himself to whatever struck his fancy.   Inevitably, someone would forget and something would come up missing.

Mary or Jim would go to Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's other favorite toys.     Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer.   Something told her she was going to die of this disease......in fact;  she was just sure it was fatal.

She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding her shoulders.   The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky.   A thought struck her....what would happen to Lucky?   Although the three-year-old
Dog liked Jim, he was Mary's dog through and through.

If I die, Lucky will be abandoned, Mary thought.  He won't understand
That I didn't want to leave him!  The thought made her sadder than thinking of her own death.

The double mastectomy was harder on Mary than her doctors had anticipated and Mary was hospitalized for over two weeks.   Jim took
Lucky for his evening walk faithfully, but the little dog just drooped, whining and miserable.

Finally the day came for Mary to leave the hospital.   When she arrived home, Mary was so exhausted she couldn't even make it up the steps to her bedroom.  Jim made his wife comfortable on the couch and left her to nap.

Lucky stood watching Mary but he didn't come to her when she called.
It made Mary sad but sleep soon overcame her and she dozed.

When Mary woke for a second she couldn't understand what was wrong.   She couldn't move her head and her body felt heavy and hot.   But panic soon gave way to laughter when Mary realized the problem.  She was covered, literally blanketed, with every treasure Lucky owned!

While she had slept, the sorrowing dog had made trip after trip to the basement bringing his beloved mistress all his favorite things in life.

He had covered her with his love.

Mary forgot about dying.   Instead she and Lucky began living again, walking further and further together every day.   It's been 12 years now and Mary is still cancer-free.   Lucky.   He still steals treasures and stashes them in his toy box but Mary remains his greatest treasure.

Remember.....live every day to the fullest.  Each minute is a blessing from God.  And never forget....the people who make a difference in our lives are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.   They are the ones that care for us.

If you see someone without a smile today give them one of yours!   Live simply.. Love seriously.   Care deeply.   Speak kindly.   Leave the rest to God .

A small request
All you are asked to do is keep this circulating.

Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer.
Amen
All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, even if it is only to one
More person, in memory of anyone you know that has been struck down by cancer or is still fighting their battle.

Thank you. This has so much truth in it. Ask anyone who's been through it and their pet is a lifeline.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: September 25, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »

CONGRATS KLAAS`!!! She is so beautiful and all that hair wow!

Just wait until tomorow, when you go hold her in person. Bring a box of tissues because you are gonna have happy tears. I know this because I just became a first time grammy the day before you, lol. Mine was born on September 21st and came in at a whopping 9lb 11oz. Too bad we live on opposite ends of the US or they could play together as they grow up.

Here is my new gbaby:

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #893 on: September 25, 2010, 02:04:09 PM »

Just wait until tomorow, when you go hold her in person. Bring a box of tissues because you are gonna have happy tears. I know this because I just became a first time grammy the day before you, lol. Mine was born on September 21st and came in at a whopping 9lb 11oz. Too bad we live on opposite ends of the US or they could play together as they grow up.

Here is my new gbaby:

Another beautiful little baby, congratulations   an angelic monkey
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: September 25, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »

Hi Elaine!! It's good to see you!  Congratulations on the birth of your new Grand Baby!!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: September 25, 2010, 03:08:34 PM »

Thanks everyone!  We are going to see her Sunday, I'll take more pictures then  an angelic monkey

Two more sleeps!!

One more sleep!!

Klaas

My prayers are with you and hubby in your travels.  Have a wonderful visit with Mommy, Daddy and little gal.  When you return ... Monkeys will be anticipating photo after photo after ...

Bye

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: September 25, 2010, 04:55:24 PM »

Here is my new gbaby:

Oh Elaine!  Congratulations!  Wow, very close together they even look alike, LOL  an angelic monkey
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #897 on: September 25, 2010, 06:29:12 PM »

Here is my new gbaby:

She's precious! she weighed 9.11, wow, my first grandson weighed 9.6 and I thought he was HUGE!!! Congratulations!
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #898 on: September 25, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »

That is crazy! Those poor cats, I'm surprised those cats haven't acted out a plan that leads to the owners to waking up to a turtle mysteriously drowns in toilet.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #899 on: September 25, 2010, 07:17:30 PM »

Here is my new gbaby:

Oh wow  She is beautiful Congratulations.   an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.