May 17, 2024, 07:40:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #507 8/6 - 8/7/2006  (Read 147739 times)
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: August 07, 2006, 11:07:44 AM »

Mostly lurking today but wanted to say Hi Monkeys and tell you the dream I had .

We were all on the discussion board posting and watching a 24hr/7days coverage of j2k+ in aruba and nl. We were all commenting on how they were all aging before our eyes, almost like rioting.  

Then things slowed down and we were OT and joking when someone brought our attention back to the coverage. There, on the sidewalk was this eerie, strange dark clump on the side walk. Aruban and dutch people walking by were spitting on it, kicking it, threatening it. It looked as gross as a pile of rats scurrying over each other as they frantically devoured something.  This thing was moving down the side walk. It was horrible, frightening. It was pure misery. We kept watching it and were speculating what it was. Then we all realized it was jurin. The camera panned back and there were other miserable vile clumps on this street, they were anita, paulus, deepak, satish, koen, jacobs, freddy, vanderstraaten, julia. They were all terrified, fighting w/ each other, wailing, and begging just to survive. We all gasped collectively.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: August 07, 2006, 11:08:15 AM »

Mishy asked me to post the Prayer Schedule here in case some of you haven't seen it.  There are still some times left for the August 9th 24hr prayer schedule:

Please go to the Monkey Lounge and let Mishy know if you can take one of the remaining times:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=135
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #582 on: August 07, 2006, 11:09:54 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
I thought of somethiing that we coud do as far as the Boycott is concerned.
If we emailed the large travel agencies in NY with some facts about Aruba and perhaps that quote from Frommers travel guide about the police and their do nothing policy and asked them to not recommend Aruba to their clients, but an alternate destination ? With some facts about the crime, the drug use, etc.
Plus what happened to Natalee.
People start booking in the fall for their winter vacations.
Also is there some sort of travel agancy association in NY we could
write to ?

well the travel agency that was going to aruba that was mentioned last week... that agency books for people looking for the cheapest place to go.... but how cheap is a place where you would endanger your life??

GoGo Tours is pretty big.  They are a tour operator.  They put together all the items into a package and sell it to travel agents who then market to the public.  It's unlikely the general public would  deal direct with a tour operator.  Then again, some people never use a travel agent.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #583 on: August 07, 2006, 11:11:16 AM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
And to add - Satish didn't "make" another statement - He said he had nothing to add to the previous one he made at Bubali. Hmm.

Where is the Bubali statement?  Have we seen it?  

Or did it fall into the abyss with anything else that may have been evidence?

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: August 07, 2006, 11:12:54 AM »

Quote from: "NM"
Mostly lurking today but wanted to say Hi Monkeys and tell you the dream I had .

We were all on the discussion board posting and watching a 24hr/7days coverage of j2k+ in aruba and nl. We were all commenting on how they were all aging before our eyes, almost like rioting.  

Then things slowed down and we were OT and joking when someone brought our attention back to the coverage. There, on the sidewalk was this eerie, strange dark clump on the side walk. Aruban and dutch people walking by were spitting on it, kicking it, threatening it. It looked as gross as a pile of rats scurrying over each other as they frantically devoured something.  This thing was moving down the side walk. It was horrible, frightening. It was pure misery. We kept watching it and were speculating what it was. Then we all realized it was jurin. The camera panned back and there were other miserable vile clumps on this street, they were anita, paulus, deepak, satish, koen, jacobs, freddy, vanderstraaten, julia. They were all terrified, fighting w/ each other, wailing, and begging just to survive. We all gasped collectively.

Wow, that's a nightmare, not a dream!  Shocked
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: August 07, 2006, 11:13:30 AM »

Justinsmom,
Thanks you for the laugh w/ your humorous description of my life too!
I had my favorite pair of black sandles in my hand a week ago Sunday, as I frantically cleanup for company.  I still can not find those shoes despite several hunting expeditions for them. Also, I still can not find 3 out of 6 new under garment that I bought back in May!!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #586 on: August 07, 2006, 11:14:24 AM »

In reading the statements made by the three, Something stuck out to me:

Did ya'll notice that Joran read and signed his statement, but the Kalpoes did not want to sign until they let their lawyer read it over?  What do ya'll think??  Is it just another unimportant detail, or can anything be read into it? Hmmmmm

You know what jumps out at me??  in jvds's statement he said he paid $20 for the shots of 151... isn't that the amount that Jossy mentioned for a drugged drink?  

also they want to claim she was falling down drunk, but she was dancing and she didnt' have a drink in her hand....until jvds got there....

Ok  something else too.... Joran said he smelled alcohol on her breath - could tell she had really been drinking.  He's what - a foot taller than Nat?  I think alot of his details are very questionable - even if we didn't already know he was such a liar.  Habitual liars go into such detail to try to make their lies believable.  He is no exception.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #587 on: August 07, 2006, 11:15:43 AM »

My cats are of the head case variety... they were abandoned and left to die as babies. When they were kitties they sort of liked people, but not any more. They go in the closet when people show up.
If I have repair men or telephone guys here, someone always pukes afterwards.
They get afraid easily. I spoke to the vet about it and he said that they
were what they were and all I could do was love them and pay lots of attention to them. They are 11 years old and I guess they aren't going to change at this late stage.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: August 07, 2006, 11:16:49 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
They are so cute Mrs.

They really like seared Yellow Fin Tuna!

And scallops too.........

Aphrodite is part human I swear!

She is a party cat!

It does my heart good to see you posting like this.

A certain flying monkey promised pictures were going to be posted over the weekend.  I sat by my computer all weekend...waiting...hoping...but alas, it was not to be...  (drama queen icon)

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: August 07, 2006, 11:18:40 AM »

They are so cute Mrs.

They really like seared Yellow Fin Tuna!

And scallops too.........

Aphrodite is part human I swear!

She is a party cat!

DoBee is funny... he got outside yesterday and gave poor RED a heart attack..... I wasn't home and didn't realize I left a door open.  I knew that he wouldn't go far but poor RED... combing the neighborhood...

Luke is a cross between Garfield and Morris... he's a big orange fluffy thing... very good natured..... and RC who is also names Scoohie... welll Scoohie says it all.... he cannot just be still for his little life... he scoohes around everywhere!   but I love my boys!!

Now, why doesn't that surprise me about Red? Very Happy

I believe in miracles!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #590 on: August 07, 2006, 11:19:16 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
And to add - Satish didn't "make" another statement - He said he had nothing to add to the previous one he made at Bubali. Hmm.

Gosh, I don't know Peaches, it was the first I heard of it in the statments I read on the sticky.  Maybe some other monkey knows?  Did they in fact make statements before these on the 9th?  I am not sure.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: August 07, 2006, 11:20:43 AM »

How is my Fluffy today?

I'm doing good - I hope you are!

I have been reading the statements from Joran - now starting on Deepaks - It gives me the creeps reading from them!

Creeps is putting it mildly!

There is something so sinister in the tone of their statements. Evil or Very Mad

It's because how just purely evil they are... it jumps off the page at you... like black ink covering a white shirt...

they really have no caring or concept that they killed someone... it's like she wasn't a real person to them.....

Or like red blood covering a white shirt.

I believe in miracles!
Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #592 on: August 07, 2006, 11:23:03 AM »

Is Joran's apt completely detached from the main house?  So you don't need to pass thru the main house to get in?

Logistically, if Natalee had wanted to have sex with him, could they have easily entered his apt together without waking anyone?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: August 07, 2006, 11:24:48 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"

Gosh, I don't know Peaches, it was the first I heard of it in the statments I read on the sticky.  Maybe some other monkey knows?  Did they in fact make statements before these on the 9th?  I am not sure.

They may have made witness statements prior.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #594 on: August 07, 2006, 11:28:10 AM »

Luke is a cross between Garfield and Morris... he's a big orange fluffy thing... very good natured..... and RC who is also names Scoohie... welll Scoohie says it all.... he cannot just be still for his little life... he scoohes around everywhere!   but I love my boys!![/quote]

Now, why doesn't that surprise me about Red? Very Happy[/quote]

LOL... he was so mad at me... !!!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: August 07, 2006, 11:28:16 AM »

I was thinking about the teacher at Joran's school saying Joran said Natalee hit her head and drowned.

Could it be possible this is true?  Could she have hit her head and drowned not in the Ocean but in the VDS pool?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: August 07, 2006, 11:29:25 AM »

LOL... he was so mad at me... !!!!

Our Red???  Say it isn't so.   Shocked

I believe in miracles!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: August 07, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »

Quote from: "Shizaru"
Is Joran's apt completely detached from the main house?  So you don't need to pass thru the main house to get in?

Logistically, if Natalee had wanted to have sex with him, could they have easily entered his apt together without waking anyone?

yes they could have from what I understand.... one of the reasons I don't buy the beach story at all.....

another is, if y'all remember there was a woman who was flashed and accosted on the beach near the fisherman's huts.  At the time when she came out, a lot of ppl poo-pooed her story, but I always found her credible.  
Who but dompig or vanderstratten would have known about that police report to tell pvds to tell jvds to make that up???  they were hoping to pin it on that person - boeti maybe???  

and of course we have greta who doesn't connect those dots... and the woman was on her show!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #598 on: August 07, 2006, 11:31:49 AM »

Someone said on another site that MF is Joran's roommate?  Any truth to that?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: August 07, 2006, 11:31:56 AM »

Beth was on CBS, The Early Show this morning...I missed it but here is the transcript and a link to the video:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/05/national/main1868091.shtml
Video:
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/videoplayer/newVid/small_player/vplayer2.shtml?id=1868518n

(CBS/AP) The mother of a Mountain Brook, Ala., teen who disappeared more than a year ago in Aruba said she was "crushed" by the dismissal of the lawsuit filed in New York against the Dutch teen last seen with her daughter.

"That was our only and last shot for justice," said Beth Twitty, mother of Natalee Holloway.

Twitty said she knew the case filed in New York State Supreme Court against Joran van der Sloot was a long shot, but the family took a chance.

"Until you hear that door closed you hang onto hope," Twitty said.

On The Early Show Monday, Twitty told co-anchor Rene Syler, "We knew (the suit that was tossed) was a longshot from the beginning, but it's just hard to know what direction (to go in) and what to do when you have a victim of a crime in a foreign country. It's groundbreaking territory, for everyone, and we feel as if we have to try these avenues.

" ... I don't really know what we'll do from here. ... Now I think what we're moving into is a larger picture than Natalie. Natalie represents crimes outside our border, and also represents, to me, the challenges that a family will face should they find themselves victims of a crime in a foreign country."

To watch the Syler interview, click here.

The case claimed van der Sloot, who was 18 at the time, was responsible for Holloway's disappearance and sought unspecified damages. Van der Sloot, who has maintained his innocence, was last seen leaving a bar with Holloway, then 18, before she vanished May 30, 2005. He and two friends were arrested a later on suspicion of involvement in her disappearance, but were released.

Twitty said she will be speaking with the attorney that filed the lawsuit, but said this case was seen as the best legal option.

Van der Sloot's lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, told The Associated Press that the college student "was elated" by the judge's decision.

"We were never afraid of the facts in this case," Tacopina said Thursday when the case was dismissed. "He did nothing to this girl. ... He's trying to get on with his life."

The lawsuit was dismissed by Judge Barbara Kapnick, who said it shouldn't have been filed in Manhattan. She rejected an argument that if the case were filed in Aruba, it would prompt a media frenzy that could interfere with the investigation.

Kapnick said taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for a case "when their interest in the suit... is so ephemeral."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.