May 17, 2024, 06:15:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 728585 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #820 on: November 03, 2009, 10:31:08 PM »

http://wwww.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d3-Somer-Thompson-story-to-be-featured-on-Americas-Most-Wanted

I have seen now twice that this was to be on this Sat. and I did see it on the AMW website too. But they have removed it now? I wonder if somthing new is happening

Candy, I was just at AMW. It is on their FP.
They will be asking the public if anyone saw anything that day on her way home to come forward NOW.
So, there isn't any arrest for this.
It has been long enuf to get a DNA test done for their RSO's and SO's and friends and persons close to the family. That is
a. ) if there was DNA
b.)  that the RSO / SO has the DNA on file
There are a couple of persons we looked at here, but I don't know what the laws are about having to give up their DNA if LE doesn't have it. Might be a case of having probable cause first.
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #821 on: November 03, 2009, 10:42:10 PM »

http://wwww.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d3-Somer-Thompson-story-to-be-featured-on-Americas-Most-Wanted

I have seen now twice that this was to be on this Sat. and I did see it on the AMW website too. But they have removed it now? I wonder if somthing new is happening

Candy, I was just at AMW. It is on their FP.
They will be asking the public if anyone saw anything that day on her way home to come forward NOW.
So, there isn't any arrest for this.
It has been long enuf to get a DNA test done for their RSO's and SO's and friends and persons close to the family. That is
a. ) if there was DNA
b.)  that the RSO / SO has the DNA on file
There are a couple of persons we looked at here, but I don't know what the laws are about having to give up their DNA if LE doesn't have it. Might be a case of having probable cause first.

No i am talking about this one
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Somers-mother-talks-to-Americas-Most-Wanted/Be6pn4F3ukWYfdxfAobS6Q.cspx
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: November 03, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »

Brandi I am sorry I didn't know i was suppose to download and upload that image to my own server. I will do that first thing tomorrow.

No rush, FA!

It's just the best way for you to use it in your sig line Wink

Anytime is ok.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: November 03, 2009, 10:57:17 PM »

I just went to the link and grabbed thus :   

Slideshow
Diena Thompson
Related Links
Mom of Somer Thompson speaks for the first time
Search for Somer: All Hope Lost
College starts scholarship in Somer's memory
Sheriff releases new details in search for Somer
Somer Thompson’s funeral services Monday & Tuesday
Strangers help support Somer's family
Investigators question sex offenders
Neighbors hold candle light vigil for Somer
Songs for Somer
Hundreds pay their respects to Somer
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- It's quiet outside Somer Thompson's home. There are no longer cars filling her yard or police standing guard, just the sound of the wind blowing purple ribbons all around. Now, a mother is forced to face reality.

"I knew she was gone. I had a feeling something bad had happened to her," Diena Thompson told America's Most Wanted. She was calm and collected. "I can't sleep or eat. I begged someone to please give her back."

Two weeks ago Monday, her daughter didn't come home from school. Somer's body was found in a Georgia landfill days later.

Diena Thompson kept hoping for the best, but braced for the worst. Now, she just wants Somer's killer caught. She's hoping the attention on America's Most Wanted will help give police a tip to make that happen.

"I absolutely despise this person. Maybe someday God will grant me the strength to forgive him. I despise him and we are going to get you. You won't get away," said Diena.

Even though Diena maintained her composure talking to the show, she's hiding the pain of losing her little girl.

"I pray that people feel my pain. Don't let the fact that I'm not a weeping willow fool you. Inside I feel dead," said Diena.

You can see the story on America's Most Wanted this Saturday at 9 p.m. on FOX30.

?? Maybe just the website.
I wish they cancel that part of the program because they got the person.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #824 on: November 04, 2009, 07:04:18 AM »

I just saw a commercial tonight for WJXT News Channel 4 for Tuesday night at 10 pm. My jaw dropped to the floor...

Narrator: 8 minutes is the average time it takes an officer to arrive after you've called 911. That’s why one local sheriff is actually encouraging you to take things into your own hands.

Sheriff Beseler: Buy a gun, get familiar with a gun, have a gun for self protection.

Narrator: Tuesday at 10: How you can legally arm yourself to protect your family.

Ok, regardless of how anyone feels about owning a gun, having our sheriff say this does NOT make me feel at ease at all! It makes me mad, actually. Isn't that what law enforcement is for, to serve and protect? Now he's encouraging people (who are already feeling anxious about what's happened recently) to go out and get guns. Wow.

JMO

Reminds me of a cousin in Birmingham who regularly takes her gun to church with her. I guess her motto is "be prepared".  Actually from what I've observed, having a gun in one's home is dangerous to one's family, for that is how many deaths occur, accidental or otherwise.   Having a gun between myself and Jesus just doesn't seem right.

As a pro gun person, I must say I disagree with you. Guns in the home are only dangerous if the owners do not take precautions. All of my kids see me handle guns and are familiar with the operation of them - including the fact they will kill anything they shoot.   The problem is that many people get weapons (guns, mace or knives) and do not teach respect of them nor do they store them correctly. I have a rule at my house - you shoot it, you eat it - I do not care if it is a squirrel, a deer or a snake. I also have a rule that you DO NOT touch a weapon without an adult present and knowing. Guns do not kill people anymore than pencils spell words wrong.

That being said, I respect both views. If you wish to have a gun in your home and will be safe about it, cool. If you choose not to have a weapon, cool too. Just do not villianize the other side no matter which that is.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #825 on: November 04, 2009, 07:30:11 AM »

I just saw a commercial tonight for WJXT News Channel 4 for Tuesday night at 10 pm. My jaw dropped to the floor...

Narrator: 8 minutes is the average time it takes an officer to arrive after you've called 911. That’s why one local sheriff is actually encouraging you to take things into your own hands.

Sheriff Beseler: Buy a gun, get familiar with a gun, have a gun for self protection.

Narrator: Tuesday at 10: How you can legally arm yourself to protect your family.

Ok, regardless of how anyone feels about owning a gun, having our sheriff say this does NOT make me feel at ease at all! It makes me mad, actually. Isn't that what law enforcement is for, to serve and protect? Now he's encouraging people (who are already feeling anxious about what's happened recently) to go out and get guns. Wow.

JMO

Reminds me of a cousin in Birmingham who regularly takes her gun to church with her. I guess her motto is "be prepared".  Actually from what I've observed, having a gun in one's home is dangerous to one's family, for that is how many deaths occur, accidental or otherwise.   Having a gun between myself and Jesus just doesn't seem right.

As a pro gun person, I must say I disagree with you. Guns in the home are only dangerous if the owners do not take precautions. All of my kids see me handle guns and are familiar with the operation of them - including the fact they will kill anything they shoot.   The problem is that many people get weapons (guns, mace or knives) and do not teach respect of them nor do they store them correctly. I have a rule at my house - you shoot it, you eat it - I do not care if it is a squirrel, a deer or a snake. I also have a rule that you DO NOT touch a weapon without an adult present and knowing. Guns do not kill people anymore than pencils spell words wrong.

That being said, I respect both views. If you wish to have a gun in your home and will be safe about it, cool. If you choose not to have a weapon, cool too. Just do not villianize the other side no matter which that is.

"If you shoot it you eat it" ?!?!?! Well don't tell that to someone like Jeffrey Dahmer.

Sorry I couldn't resist. Honestly? I was raised around guns and had the up most respect for the guns and their usage and the harm they could cause when used. I personally chose not to have guns in MY home with my children because of personal preference and issues with one of my children having ADD/ADHD and lack of impulse control. That being said I have no problem with people having guns in their home for protection or hunting purposes. I respect their decision and I hope they respect mine.

Teaching your children to respect guns and the power they have is not always enough with some children but for the most part it is enough in most households and has been for centuries. We do live in a different world and a different time that sometimes that just isn't enough in some families and in some neighborhoods. Even if you do keep the guns locked up. Some kids will find a way if they want to.

If some people feel safer with guns in their homes then more power to them. I just hope they take the correct precautions to safeguard their children and their use of the guns they choose to keep around.

It's really early and I hope I made some sense with this post. LOL

I also hope I didn't offend anyone.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
peacelove76
Scared Monkey

« Reply #826 on: November 04, 2009, 08:11:30 AM »

Good morning Monkeys--

This may be my last post for a while. After the tragedy that happened in our community yesterday (a husband killed his 2 kids and self while mom was in the shower), I've decided to take a break from news websites and forums for a while. I just wanted to let you know so you don't think I just dropped off for no reason. I really appreciate the warm welcome you all gave me. I wish you all well and I pray for the resolution of Somer's case.

Here are some recent quotes pertaining to Clay County. Please continue to send prayers, love, and energy to our community. Thanks.

--PeaceLove76

About the murder/suicide: "This case joins the ongoing investigation into the disappearance and slaying of 7-year-old Somer Thompson, a recent double slaying at a Fleming Island nightclub and other high-profile crimes. The sheriff's office of this bedroom community of Jacksonville admits it is being stretched.

'I think our whole agency is maxed to the limit right now,' Mahla said. 'Thank goodness that we've had the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the United States Marshals, NCIS and a lot of our neighboring agencies have come down to help us at this time.'

"The prayer service (for the Whitelaw family) came two weeks after Clay residents began mourning the death of 7-year-old Somer, whose slaying remains unsolved. She lived about 2 miles from the Whitelaw's church." 

Sheriff Rick Beseler said the slayings have left him shaken and angry

“I don't know how much more tragedy Clay County can take,” Beseler said. “It's bad enough when it's adults, but when it's children, it's lives unfulfilled and opportunities lost. It's just so sad.” 

"Revenge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Walter Savage Landor
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #827 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »

Aww Peace. I know how you feel but I wish you wouldn't go. I do understand tho. I was just getting to know you all. Anyway. I hope you change your mind because we need people like you to discus these cases and find a resolution to the tragedies. You are one more voice out there for those who don't have a voice. Just remember that.

hug to you. Praying you change your mind but understanding if you don't.

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
monkey deep
Scared Monkey

Look deep into the truth before you speak the fact

« Reply #828 on: November 04, 2009, 08:53:23 AM »

Good morning Monkeys--

This may be my last post for a while. After the tragedy that happened in our community yesterday (a husband killed his 2 kids and self while mom was in the shower), I've decided to take a break from news websites and forums for a while. I just wanted to let you know so you don't think I just dropped off for no reason. I really appreciate the warm welcome you all gave me. I wish you all well and I pray for the resolution of Somer's case.

Here are some recent quotes pertaining to Clay County. Please continue to send prayers, love, and energy to our community. Thanks.

--PeaceLove76

About the murder/suicide: "This case joins the ongoing investigation into the disappearance and slaying of 7-year-old Somer Thompson, a recent double slaying at a Fleming Island nightclub and other high-profile crimes. The sheriff's office of this bedroom community of Jacksonville admits it is being stretched.

'I think our whole agency is maxed to the limit right now,' Mahla said. 'Thank goodness that we've had the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the United States Marshals, NCIS and a lot of our neighboring agencies have come down to help us at this time.'

"The prayer service (for the Whitelaw family) came two weeks after Clay residents began mourning the death of 7-year-old Somer, whose slaying remains unsolved. She lived about 2 miles from the Whitelaw's church." 

“I don't know how much more tragedy Clay County can take,” Beseler said. “It's bad enough when it's adults, but when it's children, it's lives unfulfilled and opportunities lost. It's just so sad.” 

I live in this community as well and I tell ya, I feel the same as the Sheriff.. this is too much for one community to have to deal with. I think we all might need some counseling after this. I am a mother who is absolutely terrified but also outraged. I understand you needing to step back and take a break, just remember we are the voices for those children who never had a chance to experience life to it's fullest.. we all want justice,peace & love.
I pray that we are able to recover from this and Justice is served soon for Somer.  And even though we are no where near Ohio, I pray for that community as well and any others suffering with fear from this wicked world.  *hugs*

The lies you tell only stack the evidence against yourself, NOT the people you lie about!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #829 on: November 04, 2009, 09:34:48 AM »

Peace  an angelic monkey  I don't blame you. I have pretty much stopped watching anything with politics, because I don't need the anger and stress of it all, so I understand, do hope to see you again on the forum 
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #830 on: November 04, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »

JMO

boysmom,  I agree with you, and I did not intend to villianize anyone.  The observation on my cousin, who I dearly love, was not meant to villianize her.  We both were raised with guns in the house, for our homes were in a remote area in the South, far from communication with law enforcement.  My true concern was my father's alcoholic rages which I had no control over, nor did he.  Guns and mental illness do not mix well.  I don't know of any sick alcoholic who does not fully believe that he is in complete control of his guns.  This is an illness where the one in "control" believes he is a responsible, safe person.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #831 on: November 04, 2009, 12:55:42 PM »

I was sure hoping by now that we would have heard about an arrest, I'm sure the dna and some of the other evidence they may have has already yielded some results, but that may be wishful thinkings 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: November 04, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »

Peacelove - please come back when you are ready.   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #833 on: November 04, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »

I was sure hoping by now that we would have heard about an arrest, I'm sure the dna and some of the other evidence they may have has already yielded some results, but that may be wishful thinkings 
nrcg -
I keep hoping we will learn of an arrest any minute. 
Considering that the sheriff said there is a killer on the loose.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: November 04, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »

Good morning Monkeys--

--PeaceLove76

peacelove:

I am truly sorry for what your community has had to endure recently. And other communities in our country. I am sure it has a huge impact on you. Take a break, as long as you need, and come back to help fight for justice for the victims as soon as you can.

Your contribution to this thread has been very much appreciated and you will be missed.

Take care of you first then maybe you will have the energy to help see that justice is done.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: November 04, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

No Rose:

I sure was too! I was almost sure an arrest would be made this week, even early this week. Maybe today. Maybe tomorrow.

I just feel in my gut that they have a good idea who did this and an arrest is imminent.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #836 on: November 04, 2009, 10:32:43 PM »

No Rose:

I sure was too! I was almost sure an arrest would be made this week, even early this week. Maybe today. Maybe tomorrow.

I just feel in my gut that they have a good idea who did this and an arrest is imminent.

Brandi~   I hope so too.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: November 04, 2009, 11:22:08 PM »

It might not be dna that catches the perp in this case.  I asked about the backpack earlier (thank you Brandi for responding and posting the pics) because when John Walsh was talking about the cases from 1974 one of the girls had a school bag and lunch box that were found wks later and in a totally different area.  When I went back to find the info about the bookbag from the earlier case I couldn't.  I want to say it was Virginia Helm but could be wrong.

Anyway I think with all the references to a predator and/serial child killer the person left a signature or calling card that LE is familiar with.  He just hasn't been caught yet.   

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: November 05, 2009, 10:57:46 AM »

Why is there no new information coming forward?  Is this the quiet before the storm?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #839 on: November 05, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »

It might not be dna that catches the perp in this case.  I asked about the backpack earlier (thank you Brandi for responding and posting the pics) because when John Walsh was talking about the cases from 1974 one of the girls had a school bag and lunch box that were found wks later and in a totally different area.  When I went back to find the info about the bookbag from the earlier case I couldn't.  I want to say it was Virginia Helm but could be wrong.

Anyway I think with all the references to a predator and/serial child killer the person left a signature or calling card that LE is familiar with.  He just hasn't been caught yet.   

I agree there is something making trhem lean towards him doing this before... some sort of evidence left behind whether intentional or maybe the killer doesn't even know it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.