May 15, 2024, 02:10:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #152 11/20/09 - 12/09/09  (Read 470668 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1700 on: December 05, 2009, 05:49:01 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/21868122/detail.html
Prosecutors In Casey Case Shoot Down Defense Motion

Posted: 6:02 pm EST December 4, 2009Updated: 7:03 pm EST December 4, 2009

Comment On This Story ››
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors in the case against Casey Anthony are trying to shoot down a defense team's motion, which claims Casey faces too many check fraud charges (read state's response).

Poor baby. 

Hey AnotherMonkey.You look great.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1701 on: December 05, 2009, 09:35:14 PM »

Humble Opinion has a great little calendar of upcoming events on the case:

http://humbleopinionforum.net/calendar-of-upcoming-events/

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1702 on: December 05, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/21868122/detail.html
Prosecutors In Casey Case Shoot Down Defense Motion

Posted: 6:02 pm EST December 4, 2009Updated: 7:03 pm EST December 4, 2009

Comment On This Story ››
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors in the case against Casey Anthony are trying to shoot down a defense team's motion, which claims Casey faces too many check fraud charges (read state's response).

Poor baby. 
what a nut that woman is!!! yeah Joy wrongway!!

Hey AnotherMonkey.You look great.   

Loca
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1703 on: December 05, 2009, 09:52:23 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m12d5-Casey-Anthony-case-Jose-Baez-wants-fraud-trial-delayed-and-video-of-jail-visits-sealed
Casey Anthony case: Jose Baez wants fraud trial delayed and video of jail visits sealed
December 5, 8:24 PMCrime ExaminerCindy Adams

Jose Baez, left, during a court hearing with client, accused murderer, Casey Anthony, right. (AP Photo)

Casey Anthony’s fraud trial is scheduled for Jan. 25, but one of her defense attorneys want the trial delayed.

Attorney, Jose Baez, also wants the video of Casey’s jail visits to remain sealed and never be released to the public.

Casey is charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony. Her murder trial is slated to begin in June 2010.

WESH 2 News’ Bob Kealing spoke with Baez, who said that when prior video of jail visits with Casey were released, it “…was horrible.” Baez said the only reason prosecutors want to release the video is to use it “…to paint an ugly picture of her [Casey],” according to Hal Boedeker with the Orlando Sentinel.
Boedeker noted that legal expert, attorney Richard Hornsby, said of Baez’ motion, “Every court is going to say no. We’re not going to give one person special treatment just because she happens to be in a high-profile case… There’s no chance he’s going to win on that particular motion at all.”

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1704 on: December 05, 2009, 09:54:24 PM »

I found Mr. Nejame's letter interesting, but I am puzzled as to why he thought it necessary to shut up George and Cindy Anthony by showing the records to Conway.  George and Cindy Anthony have no legal standing in either the fraud charges or in the murder charge.  The mere fact that they are the parents of the accused should give them no special right whatsoever to see evidence for or against their daughter nor does it obligate Mr. Nejame to accommodate them.

It may be true that since Conway saw the 32 records, the Anthonys have not claimed that Caylee's body was placed near their home after Casey was in jail.  I haven't  heard everything they've said.  However, my point is that what they say or not say should not be of legal interest to Mr. Nejame since he no longer represents them and he does not nor has he ever represented Casey.  What they say does not affect the case one way or the other. The Anthonys have no legal standing or interest whatsoever in the cases against Casey. He has no obligation, nor does anyone else, to satisfy the Anthonys' curiousity as to anything, including personal information about who searched where and when they searched.  If I were one of the 32, I would take some exception to Mr. Nejame  showing anything about me to Conway.  Further, until and unless Judge Strickland orders him to do so, he should show nothing to the defense or anyone else.  All of this is IMO, of course.

My knowledge of Mr. Conway, which I admit is limited to what I have heard him say on TV and what has been reported that he says in print, leads me to disagree with Mr. Nejame's opinion of him, but that is neither here nor there.  My opinion differs.

I feel the same way BABYBEAR.  The A's have been meddling in every single facet of this mess and their attached- at -the hip mouthpiece, Conway, IMO is unethical and is paid (how?) to give them some respectability. Even with him rolling up beside them at every outing they are still the crass liars they will always be. The unending chatter and demands that CA began with are still going on, just tempered by her very own legal diffuser. Why they get the leeway I'll never understand. Why they are even considered as witnesses on any matter is almost a joke. Hand on a Bible or not, they lie as easily as the rest of us breathe.
When will someone finally call them to account for all of the lying and obstructing? Why is there even the question regarding the jail visits, policy is policy, right?  Why hasn't JB been censured, I'm still waiting to hear why there wasn't any followup on his resume' claim of superdupertiptop security clearance. Cmon, a guy who has a sleezy background, been in the military only for a short while has access to info that many lifers don't have?
These clowns make me sick!  And for what/who? Casey Anthony, a spoiled brat who was a lousy mother, a coniving skank.

guess I better go knock back some eggnog and let go and let God. 
babybear
I totaly agree with you! you make alot of sense. especialy about the coniving skank!! that mizjay made!!!!   totaly right on girls.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1705 on: December 05, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »

I found Mr. Nejame's letter interesting, but I am puzzled as to why he thought it necessary to shut up George and Cindy Anthony by showing the records to Conway.  George and Cindy Anthony have no legal standing in either the fraud charges or in the murder charge.  The mere fact that they are the parents of the accused should give them no special right whatsoever to see evidence for or against their daughter nor does it obligate Mr. Nejame to accommodate them.

It may be true that since Conway saw the 32 records, the Anthonys have not claimed that Caylee's body was placed near their home after Casey was in jail.  I haven't  heard everything they've said.  However, my point is that what they say or not say should not be of legal interest to Mr. Nejame since he no longer represents them and he does not nor has he ever represented Casey.  What they say does not affect the case one way or the other. The Anthonys have no legal standing or interest whatsoever in the cases against Casey. He has no obligation, nor does anyone else, to satisfy the Anthonys' curiousity as to anything, including personal information about who searched where and when they searched.  If I were one of the 32, I would take some exception to Mr. Nejame  showing anything about me to Conway.  Further, until and unless Judge Strickland orders him to do so, he should show nothing to the defense or anyone else.  All of this is IMO, of course.

My knowledge of Mr. Conway, which I admit is limited to what I have heard him say on TV and what has been reported that he says in print, leads me to disagree with Mr. Nejame's opinion of him, but that is neither here nor there.  My opinion differs.

I feel the same way BABYBEAR.  The A's have been meddling in every single facet of this mess and their attached- at -the hip mouthpiece, Conway, IMO is unethical and is paid (how?) to give them some respectability. Even with him rolling up beside them at every outing they are still the crass liars they will always be. The unending chatter and demands that CA began with are still going on, just tempered by her very own legal diffuser. Why they get the leeway I'll never understand. Why they are even considered as witnesses on any matter is almost a joke. Hand on a Bible or not, they lie as easily as the rest of us breathe.
When will someone finally call them to account for all of the lying and obstructing? Why is there even the question regarding the jail visits, policy is policy, right?  Why hasn't JB been censured, I'm still waiting to hear why there wasn't any followup on his resume' claim of superdupertiptop security clearance. Cmon, a guy who has a sleezy background, been in the military only for a short while has access to info that many lifers don't have?
These clowns make me sick!  And for what/who? Casey Anthony, a spoiled brat who was a lousy mother, a coniving skank.

guess I better go knock back some eggnog and let go and let God. 
babybear
I totaly agree with you! you make alot of sense. especialy about the coniving skank!! that mizjay made!!!!   totaly right on girls.
girls it would have been totaly different !! if they  had a different judge on the case one that wouldnt put up with  all this crap that the lioness and her sidekick baez and all the clowns that  are helping casey and the anthonys cause. no other judge  I think would allow all this mess that the anthonys and baez are doing. the judge is to lenient! I would of had the Anthonys held accountable and baez along time ago !! of some of the bull crap they are doing and have  done.

Loca
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1706 on: December 05, 2009, 10:35:38 PM »

loca  I'm writing this separate from the above to avoid a great stack of posts.  I totally agree with you about Judge Strickland.  The Anthonys have no legal standing in the cases against Casey, yet when the hearing about releasing pics of Caylee's remains was held, George was allowed to get on the stand and blubber.  IMO the only standard by which Judge Strickland should have made his ruling and all of his ruling was the law applying. While  I agree that it would probably have been prejudicial to Casey to have allowed public access to the pics, it is not because George didn't want them released.  In fact, feeling as I do about George and Cindy Anthony, were I the judge I would be tempted to release them because the Anthonys didn't want them released. Frankly, I have for some time believed that Judge Strickland has lost control of his courtroom.  He needs to take a firm hand and stop these frivolous motions, tell the defense that his courtroom is not run according to their TV appearance schedule, and the trial will go forth in an expeditious manner.  Also, Ms. Huizenga has a right at least equal to Casey's for a speedy trial in the manner of her checks being stolen and forged and IMO this should already have taken place.  The attitude of the cop who said "Haven't the Anthonys been through enough" should be haven't the Anthonys put the citizens of the state of Florida through enough?  Haven't they wasted millions of dollars by lying for their skank of a daughter?  They need to be charged for any violations of the law they might have done and get it over with before the statute of limitations runs out, if it hasn't already.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1707 on: December 05, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »

Spot on, babybear!  Well said!  ITA!  Cindy and George have zero legal standing, and as such, should not considered in court proceedings involving autopsy results.  As a courtesy (given the graphic details of a two-year old's autopsy), Judge Strickland should have taken them into chambers and informed them of his decision privately, prior to the release of the autopsy...period...nothing more, nothing less.  The A's should not have been given an unnecessary platform to grandstand, IMO.  I pray for Judge Strickland that he uses God-given wisdom in this case.  Not to sound heartless, but grieving grandparents don't behave the way they have (Cindy in particular, trying to intimidate people).  Aside from common courtesy shown to family members who have lost a loved one, they deserve no special treatment.  It's rare that grieving family members expect, request, or demand special treatment either.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1708 on: December 05, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »

Sunny- Thanks for posting your friend's opinion several pages back.  I'm sorry she has arthritis in her hands like that.  I know someone with a similar situation- not too much fun.     I, for one, am curious about her theory and would like to know more.  Would you be willing to be her hands, so to speak?  Like you, I don't think this was a pool accident.  However, ITA with you that I wasn't there either so I can't say for sure.  LOL!  I'm interested in why your friend feels so strongly that it was a pool accident/accidental death.  She's been crime sleuthing far longer than I have and I'm interested in what she has to say.  Thanks!

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1709 on: December 05, 2009, 11:31:47 PM »

Before I head out, just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to everyone who's been posting all the updates, court and motions info, and the editorials.  I appreciate your work and your dedication.  Thank you!

Forecast for the Day:
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1710 on: December 06, 2009, 12:08:48 AM »

I have one more thing to say before I go to bed, since I'm on a roll.  Why does Judge Strickland allow Casey to appear in court in civilian clothes?  OK, she doesn't like her prison wardrobe.  Who cares?  In every case with which I am familiar, the defendant wears jail garb except when the jury is present.  Although recently she doesn't look much better in her own clothes, which by the way have grown a bit snug, why is she allowed special treatment?  Another example of bending over backward for the Anthonys.  Why?  Why wasn't Cindy prosecuted when she tried to smuggle one of those silly plastic bracelets in to Casey hidden in her clothes?  Why are the Anthonys covered with teflon? 

Personally, it tickles me to see Casey in her prison suit and shackled hand and foot.  But putting that aside, why isn't she in her prison suit and shackled hand and foot?  Another privilege Baez got for "His girl?"

Have they all forgotten why Casey is going to trial?  Have they forgotten that tiny little skeleton with duct tape wrapped around her head?  Have they forgotten the Chloroform?  The evidence of her body in the trunk?  The partying with relief when Casey was finally rid of "Snot nose?"  This is a serious matter and it should be treated with the seriousness it deserves, not special privileges for Princess Skank and her ridiculous parents.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1711 on: December 06, 2009, 07:15:31 AM »

Thanks Loca.   

~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1712 on: December 06, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »

Next Friday should be interesting.

No doubt!   Am clearing my calendar ...   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1713 on: December 06, 2009, 11:25:23 AM »

Casey Anthony: Jose Baez says release of jail-visit videos 'used to paint an ugly picture' of Casey Anthony

In the Casey Anthony saga, WESH-Channel 2 tonight spotlighted "two big developments."

They are: Anthony attorney Jose Baez will push to have her check-fraud trial moved, and he wants Judge Stan Strickland to prohibit the release tapes of her jail visits. Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.

WESH's Bob Kealing talked to Baez. "What happened with the other visits was horrible," Baez told Kealing. The state's release is "used to paint an ugly picture of her."

Attorney Richard Hornsby, who offers legal analysis for the station, scoffed at Baez's motion. "Every court is going to say no. We're not going to give one person special treatment just because she happens to be in a high-profile case," Hornsby said. "There's no chance he's going to win on that particular motion at all."

The check-fraud trial is set for Jan. 25, and Baez told WESH that he still wants it moved. Hornsby theorized that Judge Strickland is waiting on a plea deal. But Hornsby doesn't expect that to happen because prosecutors want a conviction on multiple counts to use at her murder trial.

Prosecutors today responded to defense motions to dismiss nine of 13 fraud counts, WESH anchor Jim Payne said. "Casey's lawyers argue she is charged multiple times with the same crimes," Payne said. "In their response, prosecutors outlined why this is not double jeopardy."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/12/casey-anthony-jose-baez-says-release-of-jail-visits-used-to-paint-an-ugly-picture-of-her.html

Jose Baez says release of jail-visit videos 'used to paint an ugly picture' of Casey Anthony

So he should be dancing in the streets as the videos help with the ugly coping crappola that he threw out there months ago.

Excellent point No Rose!

That is a good point;  Those videos are what they are.  She did the 'painting' all by herself.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1714 on: December 06, 2009, 01:17:36 PM »

Thanks Loca.   
trimm
you are welcomed:)

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1715 on: December 06, 2009, 01:51:39 PM »

babybear
I hear you! You know it totaly amazes me !!that the judge in this case has just been so Lenient by  allowing  all these disgusting motions! I have never seen anything like it never!
where does all this madness end.
the anthonys totaly disgust me! I have  grandchildren that I totaly adore!  I would never feel right selling pictures of them to the world its  terrible .they are living off of caylees money!! babybear!! you are so so  right about strickland it does appear that he has lost control of his courtroom totaly out of control.
I dont think that the defense should be allowed to  move the case out of orlando because of media exposure. The defense itself  has plastered their faces all over  from TV stations to magazine covers. they have saturated the media  with details of this case. Now they want to get a change of venue geez I am totaly in awe that the anthonys have been allowed to get away with so much.
I think justice will prevail if casey gets the needle. that is the only way casey will realize !!  that she has reached the end no more manipulations no more lies. In a few she will meet her maker face to face and account for her actions.

her attorneys !! DO NOT !!!
Have her interest at heart!!
lyons doesnt care about caylee !! she cares to be known for her  ability to get  inmates off death row.

baez is interested in the  money he is making off of all his  TV appearances

funny he made a comment that he was the first hispanic lawyer that has ever done such a high profile case! but that was a lie. (other hispanic lawyers) confirmed that.
He hasnt been a lawyer for long and even he has  a history with checks and   was criticized for being a  poor  steward of his money.
so look who's calling the kettle black.
we all know lyons is the brain  not baez  . he is  arrogant  and so full of himself. rumor is he has a terrible temper.

also babybear
regarding the jailhouse vissit tapes  that he is trying so hard to get destroyed! is there something on those tapes he is afraid will show he was too touchy feelie with casey.   didnt he  have to be told!!! no touching !! rumor had been that he and her were carrying on!! dont know if its true!!  but possible!!

the anthonys will have to live with their failures long after casey and the money are gone.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1716 on: December 06, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m12d5-Casey-Anthony-case-Jose-Baez-wants-fraud-trial-delayed-and-video-of-jail-visits-sealed
Casey Anthony case: Jose Baez wants fraud trial delayed and video of jail visits sealed

Jose Baez, left, during a court hearing with client, accused murderer, Casey Anthony, right. (AP Photo)

Casey Anthony’s fraud trial is scheduled for Jan. 25, but one of her defense attorneys want the trial delayed.

Attorney, Jose Baez, also wants the video of Casey’s jail visits to remain sealed and never be released to the public.

Casey is charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony. Her murder trial is slated to begin in June 2010.

WESH 2 News’ Bob Kealing spoke with Baez, who said that when prior video of jail visits with Casey were released, it “…was horrible.” Baez said the only reason prosecutors want to release the video is to use it “…to paint an ugly picture of her [Casey],” according to Hal Boedeker with the Orlando Sentinel.
Boedeker noted that legal expert, attorney Richard Hornsby, said of Baez’ motion, “Every court is going to say no. We’re not going to give one person special treatment just because she happens to be in a high-profile case… There’s no chance he’s going to win on that particular motion at all.”
is it just me my imagination? but doesnt baez have a gleam in his eye here! looking at his client?

Loca
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1717 on: December 06, 2009, 02:59:49 PM »

is it just me my imagination? but doesnt baez have a gleam in his eye here! looking at his client?

It appears to me that he has a gleam in his eye, loca. I don't believe the story about their eating that string licorice stuff from each end because there is no glass between them when he visits.  But it is certainly true that they were too touchy-feely because the jail authorities confirmed that they had to point out that it was against the rules for a lawyer to touch his client during jail meetings.  Idiot Baez said that he hugs all his clients (Few though they may be.)  He has referred to her as "My girl" and they spent every weekday together in his office when she was out on bail.  I don't know what they were doing, but it is certainly highly unusual for a lawyer to have a client in his office day in and day out.  It does lead to speculation about what they were doing.  I wonder if Mrs. Baez objected or if, like Tiger Wood's wife, it's worth a lot to stay in the marriage. I was going to say that Baez doesn't look like Casey's type, but then any man is her type.  And apparently, some women, too.

If I were a resident of FL, I would be writing some letters demanding that Strickland pull himself together and exert his authority in his court. He seems to be in awe of that Troglodyte Lyon.  Nothing about her impresses me but he sure seems impressed, rather like Ito. 

While I don't believe Casey deserves anything, she is entitled to good legal representation and I don't think her attorneys actually have her well-being at heart.  Lyon has her agenda to outlaw the death penalty.  Baden loves seeing herself on TV (God only knows why.) And Baez sees money, money, money from book deals, movies, etc. when this is over and the amount IMO is not dependent on whether or not he wins the case.  For some reason, he thinks this will help the image of Hispanics, but I don't think it puts them in a good light at all.  Anyway, I assume he is a citizen of the US, so he should be proud to be an American, as am I and as most of us are.  His ethnicity has nothing to do with the fact that he is an idiot.  They come from all ethnic groups.  I'd like to include Geraldo Rivera in that group of idiots, too.

I am tired of all of these morons on the defense team complaining about publicity.  You are absolutely 100% correct that it is they who are continually on TV and in print being interviewed about this case.  I have not seen one instance of a member of the prosecution team speaking in public about the case.  What we have seen is what is required by FL law, i.e. release of evidence after it is given to the defense by the state.  These releases are not "Leaks" as they like to insist, as you and I and all on this forum know, they are releases made in compliance with FL Law.  Now, whether or not this repulsive dream teams knows it or not, the SA has no choice in the matter.  I suspect they just want the public to think that the SA are leaking information which is detrimental to their client, but what can the SA do.  Casey killed Caylee.  That's why all the evidence puts her in a bad light.  She's just bad.

I'm putting up my Christmas decorations and every now and then I come to the Monkies.  I work a lot faster when I'm mad and this makes me so mad I'm going to finish the decoration in record time.  I just need to be invigorated from time to time.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1718 on: December 06, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »

Great post babybear 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1719 on: December 06, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »

Great post babybear 
Yes, indeed!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.