May 02, 2024, 11:48:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #98 1/24/09 - 1/26/09  (Read 348738 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1920 on: January 26, 2009, 08:03:39 PM »

Ok, so I know about GA not getting out
All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll
Dom and Cindy doing the horizontal tango
Cindy filing for separation
What's this about JB off the hook?

BOO    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1921 on: January 26, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »

Interesting comments at the link below......

Officer.com Home > Investigation

The Body in the Trunk
it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car...

Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009

DR. DOUG HANSON
Forensics Contributor

The call came into the Orlando, Florida 911 operator on July 15, 2008 from Cindy Anthony who had earlier reported her granddaughter missing, "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car”. Over the next few weeks the mystery of what happened to little three year old Caylee Anthony would deepen as investigators tried to sort out the details of the convoluted story that the child's mother and the police's chief suspect, Casey Anthony, would tell about the disappearance of her beautiful, little daughter. Later the grandmother would change her story and say it was a pizza that had been in the trunk for two weeks and had maggots on it that had caused the smell.

What's in the Trunk
Orlando Police investigators said it was definitely the smell of human decomposition they found when they investigated the car both at the home and later at the police impound center. The smell of a decomposing human body is an overwhelmingly putrid smell that can not be mistaken or mimicked by any other smell. That smell is, like the scream of a mountain lion in the dark mountain woods, one of those things you never forget. A smell that makes even the most seasoned investigators sick at times. In addition, two trained cadaver-dogs hit on the car trunk area when brought into the investigation.

Analyzing the Evidence
Samples of air from the car trunk, samples of carpet, and dirt samples from the trunk floor were sent to the laboratory of Dr. Arpad Vass at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee for odor analysis of the organic chemicals in the samples. Dr. Vass' laboratory is world recognized as a leader in the analysis of chemical components found upon decomposition of human and animal bodies. His lab is used by the FBI and works in conjunction with investigators at the Body Farm in Knoxville. Tennessee. The same body farm which is devoted to the study of all aspects of the decomposition of the human body is operated by the University of Tennessee.

Samples of air and carpet were prepared for analysis by gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy analysis. Blank samples of air from around the car, as well as, carpet removed from similar make of car were used to establish background blanks. In addition, a pizza, with mushrooms and pepperoni, was also allowed to decompose and samples were taken from it for analysis. It should be noted that no maggots appeared on the decaying pizza during the decomposition period.

All samples were analyzed and the results compared against a library of over 192,000 known, unique chemical compounds. In addition, the results were compared to chemicals contained in the Decompositional Odor Analysis Database (DOA) which contains 424 uniquely identifiable volatile chemicals from there various stages of human decomposition. Compounding the forensic analysis of a body in a car trunk is the fact that gasoline and its many volatile breakdown products are always present in a car's trunk air and carpet. In addition, cleaners, engine additives, waxes etc may be present in a car and leave behind their unique volatile chemicals. These chemicals can many times mask the results for a specific chemical odor from the decaying body.

The Critical Findings
A total of fifty-four compounds were identified in samples from the car trunk. Of them, eighty percent (43 compounds) were consistent with a decompositional event. It is common to find a number of fluorinated chemical in decaying body samples. These were no found in these samples. However, since the assimilation of these compounds in tissues of the body takes place over an interval of many years, it is likely that a three-year-old child would not have had enough time to accumulate significant amounts of these compounds in her body tissues.

Decomposition can occur under aerobic (oxygen present) or anaerobic (limited oxygen present) conditions. The pattern of volatile chemical present in a sample varies depending on whether air is present or not present. In the analysis of the Anthony's car trunk several of the chemicals identified are consistent with decomposition that occurred under anaerobic conditions. This would be consistent with a body decaying left for a number of days in a car trunk in the hot Florida sun where limited fresh air would be present. When the child's body was finally found in December of 2008 her skeletal remains were found in a black plastic trash bag. If here body was in the car trunk also in the plastic bag them the chances of decomposition by the anaerobic route would be greatly enhanced.

Some compounds revealed in the chemical profile of the air and carpet samples are compounds which are exclusively found with decomposing human bodies and not found with decomposing animal bodies. This essentially rules out the argument by the child's mother that an animal had gotten into her car trunk and died and decayed there. The final decision that the decomposition of a human body had occurred in Casey Anthony's car trunk was based on the analytical results of five specific chemicals. These compounds are all found in the very early stages of decomposition which would be consistent with the fact that the body was removed from the car trunk before the car was found.

The Conclusion
Four of the five compounds can occur with either anaerobic or aerobic decomposition. These compounds are: carbon disulfide, trimethyl trisulfide, dimethyl disulfide, and carbon tetrachloride. The fifth compound, chloroform, is primarily found in situations where the decomposition occurs in oxygen deprived or anaerobic conditions. One of the compounds, carbon tetrachloride, is considered a human specific decomposition marker and is not seen in the decomposition of animal carcasses.

Nearly all of the chemicals found in early stage decomposition were detected in the trunk samples. Compounds usually found in late stage decomposition of a body were not present in the trunk samples. This supports the notion that the body was only present in the car trunk for a relatively short period of time. Several compounds routinely found with decomposing animal remains were not present in the car trunk samples supporting the conclusion that this had been a human body and not an animal in the trunk.

This case of the tragic death of a small child demonstrates how continuing advances in forensic chemical analysis are aiding the investigators in developing clues and the prosecutors in developing effective prosecutions of criminals who commit these sort of heinous crimes.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Investigation/The-Body-in-the-Trunk/18$45105
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:05:39 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1922 on: January 26, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »

FOR THOSE WITHOUT CABLE OR TV - YOU CAN WATCH  NANCY GRACE HERE:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nancy-grace-ustream-channel-by-torbenmiller
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1923 on: January 26, 2009, 08:04:16 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll

What?  Did she really?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1924 on: January 26, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll

They dropped the investigation, Boo!

HI!!!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1925 on: January 26, 2009, 08:05:08 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll
I must have missed this ... obviously 
Ms Cindy is going to Divorce " George" ?

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1926 on: January 26, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »

According to the article, his wife Cindy has visited at least once, what a wonderful, loving wife.

She was probably told to stayaway after his blood pressure went off the charts!

Maybe the doctors would not let family members visit George for a while, or maybe have limited the visits

Or, maybe George didn't want to see family. JMO JSM

Yes, you're right and the doctors wouldn't let anyone in that George did not want to see.

and ... there is always that CIRCUS that follows them wherever and whenever they go in public..
i am sure the lawyer probably thought going might be not a good idea..
also...she wouldnt have any FIRST HAND knowledge of ANYTHING george might SAY to her ...in this state....

who knows... i cant figure out why they dont visit their MOTHER OF THE YEAR daughter in jail, who they BELIEVE is INNOCENT...

The way I understood it was that Casey is angry that George testified in the Grand Jury hearing and because of that, she refuses to see George and Cindy.  Also, a part of it is, I'm sure, is that Baez doesn't want anything events where Casey can be caught on video saying anything to anyone.

No need to go visit if you can't get in to see KC.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1927 on: January 26, 2009, 08:07:02 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll

Cindy filing for separation????

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1928 on: January 26, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll
I must have missed this ... obviously 
Ms Cindy is going to Divorce " George" ?

I didn't know Cindy had filed for seperation!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1929 on: January 26, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll

What?  Did she really?
How did I miss this. And what great timing.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1930 on: January 26, 2009, 08:08:42 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll

What?  Did she really?

Interesting. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #1931 on: January 26, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »

According to the article, his wife Cindy has visited at least once, what a wonderful, loving wife.

Maybe the doctors would not let family members visit George for a while, or maybe have limited the visits

Yes, you're right and the doctors wouldn't let anyone in that George did not want to see.

and ... there is always that CIRCUS that follows them wherever and whenever they go in public..
also...she wouldnt have any FIRST HAND knowledge of ANYTHING george might SAY to her ...in this state....

who knows... i cant figure out why they dont visit their MOTHER OF THE YEAR daughter in jail, who they BELIEVE is INNOCENT...

The way I understood it was that Casey is angry that George testified in the Grand Jury hearing and because of that, she refuses to see George and Cindy.  Also, a part of it is, I'm sure, is that Baez doesn't want anything events where Casey can be caught on video saying anything to anyone.

LINK please Smile

profile pics courtesy of the kind and generous BRANDI!
orbison11
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1932 on: January 26, 2009, 08:09:58 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll

cindy filing for seperation,,,what did i miss?

orb
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1933 on: January 26, 2009, 08:09:59 PM »

NG asking what kind of security the hospital has so that no one can sneak up on George and take a picture or listen in to him talking.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1934 on: January 26, 2009, 08:10:03 PM »

Hey Boo? Where did you see that Cindy had filed for seperation? TIA!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1935 on: January 26, 2009, 08:10:52 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll

What?  Did she really?

Interesting. 

OH I hope its true!  Cindy is going to live a very lonely life....and she fully deserves that!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1936 on: January 26, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »

LINK please Smile

Sorry, I don't have a link...it was posted in SM, though it was not recent.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1937 on: January 26, 2009, 08:11:48 PM »

Did Nancy Grace just do an imitation of the way a squirrel sounds?? 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1938 on: January 26, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

Hey Boo? Where did you see that Cindy had filed for seperation? TIA!

IIRC~nykaties myspace or does she go by BB-11........she had a long post about how CA is having an affair with Dom Casey and wanted a divorce

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1939 on: January 26, 2009, 08:12:54 PM »

All Ants not cooperating
Caylee doll

BOO    

Hey Leroy!!! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.